PDA

View Full Version : Some Perspective on Brandon Clarke's Stats

Zags_Fanatic
04-19-2018, 12:49 PM
We are in for an absolute treat with Clarke next season. I was just looking at past comparisons to try to get an idea of how he stacks up to previous Zags and my mind is blown.

Clarke averaged 2.6 blocks/game as a sophomore in 31.9 minutes. J3, Tillie and Rui combined averaged 2.6 blocks/game last season but took 76 minutes/game between the 3 of them to get there.

Looking back at notable shot backers in GU history the closest I can find is Austin Daye who averaged 2.1 blocks in 26.3 minutes so their per/40s were virtually the same.

Last season Clarke's 2.6 blocks would have been #1 in the WCC and #13 in the NCAA. His minutes are likely to go down this year but after his redshirt season it's safe to say that his strength and abilities will have improved and we should be in for a historic season from him.

strikenowhere
04-19-2018, 12:53 PM
We are in for an absolute treat with Clarke next season. I was just looking at past comparisons to try to get an idea of how he stacks up to previous Zags and my mind is blown.

Clarke averaged 2.6 blocks/game as a sophomore in 31.9 minutes. J3, Tillie and Rui combined averaged 2.6 blocks/game last season but took 76 minutes/game between the 3 of them to get there.

Looking back at notable shot backers in GU history the closest I can find is Austin Daye who averaged 2.1 blocks in 26.3 minutes so their per/40s were virtually the same.

Last season Clarke's 2.6 blocks would have been #1 in the WCC and #13 in the NCAA. His minutes are likely to go down this year but after his redshirt season it's safe to say that his strength and abilities will have improved and we should be in for a historic season from him.

I dunno - according to some posters on here he'll probably just come off the bench :rolleyes:

kitzbuel
04-19-2018, 01:04 PM
I dunno - according to some posters on here he'll probably just come off the bench :rolleyes:That is possible. Norvell frequently came off the bench.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

OntZags
04-19-2018, 01:18 PM
I dunno - according to some posters on here he'll probably just come off the bench :rolleyes:

I'm one of Brandon's boosters and expect him to come in & excel but it is still a possibility he comes off the bench.

Assuming we get 1 of Williams/Cremo/quality mystery transfer, it's a plausible scenario. But it won't really matter much. All of the top-6 will see comparable time on the court.

77Zag
04-19-2018, 01:57 PM
Based on what I saw at last years Kraziness at the Kennel -- BC will be a starter and a BIG contributor. He is a beast in attack mode and will push to be our MVP next year...Just my opinion.

Go Zags!!

ZagsGoZags
04-19-2018, 04:13 PM
zach collins came off the bench
with Few, minutes come from rotation used in Jan and Feb, not just starters

zag67
04-19-2018, 06:43 PM
77Zag, I am with you. I also think he will be a beast. He had a year to practice against JW3 and the rest of our bigs. That plus a year in development, should make him fun to watch.

MickMick
04-19-2018, 07:27 PM
I personally believe he will be the best player on the team. A starter. All WCC and/or Newcomer of the year.

Having said that, Norvell and Hachimura both have very high upsides.

Norvell is especially intriguing. A very good freshman campaign and was clutch in some very big games. The moment isn't too big for this young man.

amaronizag
04-19-2018, 07:53 PM
1) add another crackerjack point guard
2) get everyone healthy and in game shape
3) hold on your a**--next years team is going to come at opponents in waves that nobody will be able to match. So much talent and so much depth at every position that we will find and exploit mismatches against every team. If we can cobble together some decent defense, this will be the most formidable team in the NCAA with depth, experience, and talent. Shock and awe. Is it too early to start asking "how many games do we lose next year?"

raise the zag
04-19-2018, 08:13 PM
Based on what I saw at last years Kraziness at the Kennel -- BC will be a starter and a BIG contributor. He is a beast in attack mode and will push to be our MVP next year...Just my opinion.

Go Zags!!

I agree.

I expect BC to start next season.

Perks (if healthy)
Norvell
Rui
Clarke
Tillie

Cremo
Kispert
Ayayi
Petrusev
Larsen

In that order.

caldwellzag
04-20-2018, 06:19 AM
I agree.

I expect BC to start next season.

Perks (if healthy)
Norvell
Rui
Clarke
Tillie

Cremo
Kispert
Ayayi
Petrusev
Larsen

In that order.

When Kispert is your 7th man that is an extremely deep team, as he starts on most other NCAA teams!

scrooner
04-20-2018, 06:41 AM
Norvell is especially intriguing. A very good freshman campaign and was clutch in some very big games. The moment isn't too big for this young man.

As I noted in a different thread, his freshman stats seem eerily similar to Damian Lillard's:

https://image.ibb.co/cGKVrn/Untitled.jpg

EEzag
04-20-2018, 07:59 AM
As I noted in a different thread, his freshman stats seem eerily similar to Damian Lillard's:

https://image.ibb.co/cGKVrn/Untitled.jpg

I still can't figure out why people keep focusing on starting. Few has said countless times that what matters is overall minutes and 2nd half starting lineups (the big half-time adjustment), AND HE'S RIGHT. I don't think Clarke starts if BW comes, but who cares? He is a beast and if he picks up the D we are going to be off the charts athletic at every spot. And you know what? I'll bet this team is so bought in on winning this year that those guys are ok with it. If you play 25 to 30 minutes in a game and are in at the crucial moments, who cares if you start?

I'm so hoping Perks gets healthy. After all the crap thrown his way to emerge like he did this season, to find out his shoulder has been messed up for a while now....... he DESERVES this senior season to be his finest. I have a soft spot in my heart for Blake Stepp and always will, but I wouldn't wish what he went through with his knees on anyone.

RenoZag
02-22-2019, 05:56 PM

Fanatic, you nailed it. Great prognostication.

Zags_Fanatic
02-22-2019, 06:22 PM
Fanatic, you nailed it. Great prognostication.

Thanks for bumping this one, Reno! I had forgotten about this thread and couldn't be happier that it came true.

Zagceo
02-22-2019, 06:38 PM
Thanks for bumping this one, Reno! I had forgotten about this thread and couldn't be happier that it came true.

and the winner is......... Zags_Fanatic

Well Done

https://s17-us2.startpage.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=https:%2F%2Fmedia3.giphy.com%2Fmedi a%2F8lEyfDyUb7AkePwqB2%2Fsource.gif&sp=ecf32fd2e2d426cbd89b9b61711d4962

GoZags
02-22-2019, 06:54 PM
I'm so hoping Perks gets healthy. After all the crap thrown his way to emerge like he did this season, to find out his shoulder has been messed up for a while now....... he DESERVES this senior season to be his finest. .

I'll be honest ... I'd kinda forgotten about Josh's off season surgery/rehab ....

Zagceo
02-23-2019, 06:56 AM
Brandon Clarke against WCC video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1096811772445581314 (https://twitter.com/i/status/1096811772445581314)

sittingon50
02-23-2019, 09:39 AM
:roll: