PDA

View Full Version : Games on CBS this season

CDC84
11-01-2007, 11:10 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/cbssports/schedules/page/collegebasketball

Is it just me, or does it seem that the college basketball games on CBS get worse and worse each year? ESPN has both of the Duke/Carolina games this season and most of the other big time matchups. Several of these matchups seem to be based more on what teams did last year as opposed to how good they will be this year. Somehow that Gonzaga at Memphis matchup has more appeal than a number of these games. I mean, the Michigan Wolverines are featured at least 5 times.....they have a new coach and are in total rebuilding mode. UCLA, who arguably has a better team this season compared to last season, absolutely kicked the tar out of Michigan last year on CBS.

CBS Sports 2007 College Basketball Schedule
Program, Time (ET)
College Basketball: Saturday, Dec. 8
Michigan @ Duke, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Cameron Indoor Stadium, Durham, NC
Kentucky @ Indiana, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Assembly Hall, Bloomington, IN
College Basketball: Saturday, Dec. 15
Louisville @ Purdue, 3:30-6:00 p.m. (Wooden Tradition)
Conseco Fieldhouse, Indianapolis, IN
College Basketball: Saturday, Dec. 22
UCLA @ Michigan, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Crisler Arena, Ann Arbor, MI
Florida @ Ohio State, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Value City Arena, Columbus, OH
College Basketball: Saturday, Jan. 5
(Women's) Penn State @ Michigan State, 12:00-2:00 p.m.
Breslin Student Events Center, East Lansing, MI
(Women's) Tennessee @ Notre Dame, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Joyce Center, Notre Dame, IN
Louisville @ Kentucky, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY
College Basketball: Sunday, Jan. 6
(Women's) UCONN @ Purdue, 1:30-4:00 p.m. (likely)
Mackey Arena, West Lafayette, IN
College Basketball: Saturday, Jan. 12
Vanderbilt @ Kentucky, 1:30-4:00 p.m.
Texas Tech @ Oklahoma State, 1:30-4:00 p.m.
Gallagher-Iba Arena, Stillwater, OK
College Basketball: Sunday, Jan. 13
Illinois @ Indiana, 4:30-6:30 p.m. (likely)
Stanford @ Oregon, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
McArthur Court, Eugene, OR
College Basketball: Saturday, Jan. 19
Ohio State @ Tennessee, 3:30-6:00 p.m.
Thompson-Boling Assembly Center & Arena, Knoxville, TN
USC @ UCLA, 3:30-6:00 p.m.
Pauley Pavilion, Los Angeles, CA
College Basketball: Saturday, Jan. 26
UCONN @ Indiana, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
College Basketball: Sunday, Jan. 27
Michigan @ Michigan State, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
College Basketball: Saturday, Feb. 2
Kentucky @ Georgia, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Stegeman Coliseum, Athens, GA
Pittsburg @ UCONN, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Hartford Civic Center, Hartford, CT
College Basketball: Saturday, Feb. 9
Boston College @ Duke, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
College Basketball: Sunday, Feb. 10
Indiana @ Ohio State, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
College Basketball: Saturday, Feb. 16
Virginia Tech @ North Carolina, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
Dean E. Smith Center, Chapel Hill, NC
College Basketball: Sunday, Feb. 17
Ohio State @ Michigan, 1:00-3:00 p.m.
College Basketball: Saturday, Feb. 23
Navy @ Army, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Christl Arena, West Point, NY
Arkansas @ Kentucky, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
St. John's @ Duke, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Kansas @ Oklahoma State, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Gallagher-Iba Arena, Stillwater, OK
College Basketball: Sunday, Feb. 24
Alabama @ Auburn, 2:00-4:00 p.m.
Beard Eaves Memorial Coliseum, Auburn, AL
Syracuse @ Notre Dame, 2:00-6:00 p.m.
Joyce Center, Notre Dame, IN
Wisconsin @ Ohio State, 4:00-6:00 p.m.
OR
Illinois @ Michigan
OR
Iowa @ Michigan State

229SintoZag
11-01-2007, 12:50 PM
Less reason to have to tolerate Billy Packer.

chirguy
11-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Every year when it's dancing time I remember how much I hate CBS. IMO they do a loosey job telecasting one of the major sporting event. How much better would it be with ESPN and multiple channels and no Jim Lampley or Billy Packer.

Butler Guy
11-01-2007, 01:20 PM
Louisville @ Purdue, 3:30-6:00 p.m. (Wooden Tradition)

Immediately following that blowout, Butler plays Florida State at Conseco, as well. I doubt Butler will have much of an issue with FSU, but it will certainly be better than the 30 point whipping that the Cardinals are going to give the Boilers. If CBS wants to broadcast a Wooden Tradition game, they picked the wrong one.

Butler Guy
11-01-2007, 01:25 PM
I mean, the Michigan Wolverines are featured at least 5 times

I was thinking exact same thing. Michigan is going to be right there with Iowa and Northwestern fighting for the bottom of the Big 10+. Why on earth does CBS think the nation wants to watch a team that'll have an RPI in the 150s?

Yesterday, Michigan had a closed scrimmage with Kent State and posts popped up at Rivals that Kent State just destroyed them in every respect. Michigan posters didn't refute this.

thickman1
11-01-2007, 01:28 PM
Why on earth does CBS think the nation wants to watch a team that'll have an RPI in the 150s?

The bottomline is that they want Michigan because it's Michigan. It's wrong but marketing is about name brand and appeal. Michigan has the name brand, they just don't have any appeal. No one should be that shocked to see them listed a bunch.

zagfan07
11-01-2007, 02:26 PM
There's way too many games featuring the Big 10 teams. Don't they have their own network? They should keep their conference to themselves; nobody wants to see that boring brand of basketball, with the exception of maybe Mich St. I can't stand watching that conference - let's see some more ACC or Pac-10 games.

Robzagnut
11-01-2007, 02:41 PM
>They should keep their conference to themselves; nobody wants to see that boring brand of basketball, with the exception of maybe Mich St. I can't stand watching that conference

Interesting.

I've always enjoyed watching Illinois, Indiana, Ohio St, Wisconsin and Michigan St play basketball. Good solid programs with good coaches (exception, Sampson at IU). Lots of intense rivalries in the Big 10.

I always keep my eye on the WCC, Pac-10, Big 10, Big East and ACC during basketball season. You never know who is going to win those conferences from year to year.

sittingon50
11-01-2007, 03:03 PM
You never know who's going to win the WCC from year to year?;)

zagfan07
11-01-2007, 04:29 PM
>They should keep their conference to themselves; nobody wants to see that boring brand of basketball, with the exception of maybe Mich St. I can't stand watching that conference

Interesting.

I've always enjoyed watching Illinois, Indiana, Ohio St, Wisconsin and Michigan St play basketball. Good solid programs with good coaches (exception, Sampson at IU). Lots of intense rivalries in the Big 10.

I guess I've always loved the kind of uptempo style ball GU and most other schools on the West Coast play. It kills me to sit through a Michigan vs. Indiana game and watch them emulate the NBA style of the early 2000's where everything goes through the post and the ball is walked up the court on every possession. Just my opinion though, other people seem to like that style.

strawzag
11-01-2007, 04:37 PM
I love to see well coached teams, but fun well coached teams. I mean remember the final four game a few years back between michigan st. and wisconsin that thing was painfully boring.

CBS needs more Gus Johnson, i swear every game he does during the tournament is great and fun to watch. I really cant believe who they go to for the big games, terrible.

LynetteG
11-01-2007, 04:50 PM
where everything goes through the post and the ball is walked up the court on every possession.

that will change with Beilein's 1-3-1, I have no doubt.

Nevtelen
11-01-2007, 09:47 PM
that will change with Beilein's 1-3-1, I have no doubt.

Definitely. I just got done watching some of Michigan's exhibition vs Can't Remember Their Name State. They were certainly _not_ walking the ball anywhere. Not that I think Michigan will be fantastic or anything, but I have always enjoyed watching a Beilen-coached team. Still, it is really dumb to have them on CBS so many times. Does anyone really pay attention to what games they pick or are they just drawn out of a big hat?

LynetteG
11-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Definitely. I just got done watching some of Michigan's exhibition vs Can't Remember Their Name State. They were certainly _not_ walking the ball anywhere. Not that I think Michigan will be fantastic or anything, but I have always enjoyed watching a Beilen-coached team. Still, it is really dumb to have them on CBS so many times. Does anyone really pay attention to what games they pick or are they just drawn out of a big hat?

That must have been against Ferris State. Sis was very excited about the win, LOL. Then I told her about UM getting blown out vs Kent State... waiting for a response to that email, LOLOL!