PDA

View Full Version : Maui, Maui, Maui....

jazzdelmar
04-18-2018, 11:17 AM
Need guidance on best way to sign up for the Maui event: hotels, tix to games, transport, Zags events, etc. Any help much appreciated. I am reading the Maui Classic site and it's dense with promos but very short on details.......

scrooner
04-18-2018, 11:36 AM
I would get a condo in Kihei, personally. Cheapest way to stay in Maui, next to great beaches.

77Zag
04-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Started a thread on this on 3-27 -- Mods may want to blend.

Should be a wonderful event.

Go Zags!!

jazzdelmar
04-18-2018, 12:29 PM
Started a thread on this on 3-27 -- Mods may want to blend.

Should be a wonderful event.

Go Zags!!

I see it. Thanks. I’m looking for advice on where and how to buy hotel and game tix. Via the Maui site or is there a travel agent in Spokane or elsewhere that can handle it as well or better?

77Zag
04-18-2018, 01:10 PM
I see it. Thanks. I’m looking for advice on where and how to buy hotel and game tix. Via the Maui site or is there a travel agent in Spokane or elsewhere that can handle it as well or better?

I will be watching as well -- I've got my room set and flights, so it's just tickets for me. Try VRBO/ARBNB for a room?

Go Zags!!

Hoopaholic
04-18-2018, 01:39 PM
I see it. Thanks. I知 looking for advice on where and how to buy hotel and game tix. Via the Maui site or is there a travel agent in Spokane or elsewhere that can handle it as well or better?

its a closed process through the maui authorized vendor for package deals now thru August.

tickets become available as a ticket only purchase in August.

I am booking my condo through vrbo and flights individually then watching to pick up tournament tickets..........

GonzagasaurusFlex
04-18-2018, 01:47 PM
The Maui tourney sure is a nice talking point for sales pitch to incoming guard prospects that + preseason ranking + NCAA tourney appearances & success + Zags in NBA + new facilities + outstanding, high integrity team culture.

Any prospect who can’t see that forest through the WCC conference membership trees is free to go where he please.

DixieZag
04-19-2018, 05:11 AM
Next year's Maui should provide the opportunity for as special a tourny as when Adam's team went and near won it. Loaded field, and I can't imagine a better team to go to a loaded field tourny with.

Gives us the chance, the chance, to beat Duke and UNC in the same year. I'm saying there's a chance. :)

thespywhozaggedme
04-19-2018, 05:17 AM
Next year's Maui should provide the opportunity for as special a tourny as when Adam's team went and near won it. Loaded field, and I can't imagine a better team to go to a loaded field tourny with.

Gives us the chance, the chance, to beat Duke and UNC in the same year. I'm saying there's a chance. :)

Not to nitpick, but it's actually this year.

Radbooks
04-19-2018, 05:52 AM
Not to nitpick, but it's actually this year.

Why do you do this? Everyone knows it's the NEXT school year, or the next basketball season. You don't have to comment on stuff like this and yeah, it is nitpicking.

77Zag
04-19-2018, 06:35 AM
Seems like it's time for a Mai Tai !

Therunner
04-19-2018, 06:50 AM
Seems like it's time for a Mai Tai !

You know it! I've been saving for the trip/event; however, we are planning a relocation out-of-state during the same time. Very nervous I may have to miss this once in a lifetime field and event, as resources will be limited due to the move.

Still trying to find a way...

Jakester425
04-19-2018, 11:35 AM
Need guidance on best way to sign up for the Maui event: hotels, tix to games, transport, Zags events, etc. Any help much appreciated. I am reading the Maui Classic site and it's dense with promos but very short on details.......

For hotel check out Costco Travel, assuming you have a Costco membership. Not only are their prices well below everyone else, they also include a rental car.

adoptedzag
04-23-2018, 09:28 AM
How much were just the tickets last year? Should give a ballpark of how much they'll be this year.

TheGonzagaFactor
04-24-2018, 06:26 AM
How much were just the tickets last year? Should give a ballpark of how much they'll be this year.

All-Tournament ticket in 2017 was $774. Saves roughly $100 vs buying individual tickets to every game.

For single games:

First day tickets: $85 per game

Consolation bracket games besides 3rd place gm: $35 per game

Semifinals: $105 per game

3rd place game: $85

Championship: $105

adoptedzag
04-26-2018, 09:50 AM
All-Tournament ticket in 2017 was $774. Saves roughly $100 vs buying individual tickets to every game.

For single games:

awesome. Thanks :)

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2018, 11:29 AM

For single games:

I don't get it , do some people go to every single game? I would just be going to the Zags games and enjoying Maui with the family when we're not playing if I go. According to you that would be $295

Hoopaholic
04-26-2018, 12:24 PM
I don't get it , do some people go to every single game? I would just be going to the Zags games and enjoying Maui with the family when we're not playing if I go. According to you that would be $295

consider me odd but I go to every game when I attend tournaments.........from state tournaments to zag tournaments....consider me planted firmly in a seat to watch every minute of every game possible

ConnZag3
04-26-2018, 01:00 PM
consider me odd but I go to every game when I attend tournaments.........from state tournaments to zag tournaments....consider me planted firmly in a seat to watch every minute of every game possible

I went to Maui 2 years ago and went to 11 of the 12 games (skipped the 8:30 am 7th place game I believe) and also went to 11 of the 12 games at Atlantis back in 2015. It really depends if you're going for solely your team or if you just love basketball. I go because the team I root for is in the tournament, but I also want to watch exciting, competitive games between teams I might not see live otherwise.

amaronizag
04-26-2018, 02:49 PM
We took in 13 games at PK80...the max we could watch. Will do the same in Maui.

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2018, 03:20 PM

Wow!

thespywhozaggedme
04-26-2018, 03:21 PM
I went to Maui 2 years ago and went to 11 of the 12 games (skipped the 8:30 am 7th place game I believe) and also went to 11 of the 12 games at Atlantis back in 2015. It really depends if you're going for solely your team or if you just love basketball. I go because the team I root for is in the tournament, but I also want to watch exciting, competitive games between teams I might not see live otherwise.

I love basketball, but I love Maui more. I'm going to watch the Zags.

amaronizag
04-26-2018, 03:39 PM
I plan to spend plenty of extra days enjoying Maui after the tournament.

TheGonzagaFactor
04-27-2018, 12:58 PM

As some have said, yes, some people go to every game.

I don't think I could handle staying indoors on Maui from roughly 9AM - 8PM for three days in a row.

If I had the $ to blow I'd buy the all-tourney pass just so I had the option of popping in whenever, but I'll probably catch the Zags and one other game per day for a total of 6.

thespywhozaggedme
04-27-2018, 01:16 PM
As some have said, yes, some people go to every game.

I don't think I could handle staying indoors on Maui from roughly 9AM - 8PM for three days in a row.

If I had the $ to blow I'd buy the all-tourney pass just so I had the option of popping in whenever, but I'll probably catch the Zags and one other game per day for a total of 6.

That's exactly my point, it's not like the tournament is in Cleveland. Maui is paradise on earth, we went there for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. To spend eight hours in doors in Maui is nuts, in my opinion of course

Hoopaholic
04-27-2018, 01:25 PM
That's exactly my point, it's not like the tournament is in Cleveland. Maui is paradise on earth, we went there for our honeymoon and absolutely loved it. To spend eight hours in doors in Maui is nuts, in my opinion of course

I am ok to be called nuts
Lots of time sunup to tipoff to walk beach with coffee
Lots time from last game to catch sunset
Days before and days after time to engage in water activities

Only one chance to see great games

75Zag
05-02-2018, 08:28 PM
If your only reason to go to Maui is to watch every single basketball game in Maui including the games that don't include GU or any interesting national contenders, I strongly recommend you consider staying home and spending your money to expand your digital cable or satellite sports package. The Lovely Mrs. '75 and I attend all the GU games in Maui and watch a few other games, but we also spend a lot of time on the beach or swimming or enjoying the beach front bars and restaurants or some "quiet time" (also known as vacation sex) in our condo.

Life is too short. Enjoy it before you die.

Go Bulldogs!

Hoopaholic
05-02-2018, 08:59 PM
[QUOTE=75Zag;1387182]If your only reason to go to Maui is to watch every single basketball game in Maui including the games that don't include GU or any interesting national contenders, I strongly recommend you consider staying home and spending your money to expand your digital cable or satellite sports package. The Lovely Mrs. '75 and I attend all the GU games in Maui and watch a few other games, but we also spend a lot of time on the beach or swimming or enjoying the beach front bars and restaurants or some "quiet time" (also known as vacation sex) in our condo.

Thank you for your advise but will ignore it as I enjoy good basketball as much as some enjoy a quiet beach
To each his own and life is too short so one should enjoy and engage in those activities one find enjoyment from

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2018, 05:34 AM
If your only reason to go to Maui is to watch every single basketball game in Maui including the games that don't include GU or any interesting national contenders, I strongly recommend you consider staying home and spending your money to expand your digital cable or satellite sports package. The Lovely Mrs. '75 and I attend all the GU games in Maui and watch a few other games, but we also spend a lot of time on the beach or swimming or enjoying the beach front bars and restaurants or some "quiet time" (also known as vacation sex) in our condo.

Go Bulldogs!

Dude?!?!?!?! :vomit-smiley-007::vomit-smiley-007::vomit-smiley-007:

TheGonzagaFactor
05-03-2018, 08:23 AM

Go Bulldogs!

What a strange post. Pointless.

Grand Valley Zag
05-10-2018, 08:11 AM

Go Bulldogs!

My man!

OregonZag5
05-14-2018, 07:30 AM
Well bit the bullet last night and made my reservations for Maui. Did my own travel arrangements and got two more nights and it was half of the cost of the official trip but of course no tickets. Wife asked how I felt if we did not find tickets and said we would enjoy the sun but am so hoping we can find tickets to at least one of the games.

jazzdelmar
05-20-2018, 10:19 AM
Just checked the site. They say Sold Out. What now?

ZigZagger
05-20-2018, 10:35 AM
As with most sporting events, tickets can be had if you try hard enough. Scalpers at the arena, StubHub, or check at the hotel where the team stays - i've known people who have gone and gotten tickets each of these three ways.

thespywhozaggedme
05-20-2018, 01:00 PM
Just checked the site. They say Sold Out. What now?

That's just for the entire package, which they gouge you anyway. Individual tickets go on sale in August:

Ticket-only packages for the 2018 Maui Jim Maui Invitational, based on availability, are scheduled to go on sale in August, 2018. At this time, tickets for the 2018 Maui Jim Maui Invitational are only available through All-Tournament or Booster Travel Packages. Visit mauiinvitational.com/travel for travel package details.

http://mauiinvitational.com/sports/2014/8/6/GEN_0806144303.aspx

jazzdelmar
05-20-2018, 01:22 PM
That's just for the entire package, which they gouge you anyway. Individual tickets go on sale in August:

Ticket-only packages for the 2018 Maui Jim Maui Invitational, based on availability, are scheduled to go on sale in August, 2018. At this time, tickets for the 2018 Maui Jim Maui Invitational are only available through All-Tournament or Booster Travel Packages. Visit mauiinvitational.com/travel for travel package details.

http://mauiinvitational.com/sports/2014/8/6/GEN_0806144303.aspx

Thanks, Spy. I realize that. What are the odds getting tix only in August? Between rich alums of Duke and Zona?

thespywhozaggedme
05-20-2018, 01:47 PM
Thanks, Spy. I realize that. What are the odds getting tix only in August? Between rich alums of Duke and Zona?

I'm not sure I'm following your question. In August the tickets will be available by following the link. There is no early sign-ups or anything like that it's just first come first serve I guess. So on the day that they become available just purchase them. Besides the rich Duke alums already bought the package.

MDABE80
05-20-2018, 02:12 PM
If you have friends at one of the participating Schools, call em. They'll get tickets for you. I did.

TravelinZag
05-21-2018, 07:07 PM
All, airline availability is beginning to tighten up,even with flexibility on travel dates. I still have some post tournament hotel reservations to make in HNL, so I’ll soon learn about availability there. Any recommendations, on or off Waikiki?

Zagdawg
06-14-2018, 12:54 PM
"The Maui Invitational (Nov. 19-21) is back to being the best tournament of the non-conference with Arizona, Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State and Xavier. There is no longer a spot in the main field for Chaminade. Here is how I would seed the field: 1. Gonzaga; 2. Duke; 3. Auburn; 4. Iowa State; 5. San Diego State; 6. Xavier; 7. Illinois; 8. Arizona. Wow. Think about this field for a second. In a given year these could be the top eight seeds in a regional. Gonzaga was my top pick for the pre-season Power 36. Duke will get plenty of love for being a top choice. But they still should be 1-2 in some order and be set up on opposite brackets for a possible Maui final."

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-06-14/10-non-conference-basketball-tournaments-could-be-key-come

jazzdelmar
06-14-2018, 12:55 PM
"The Maui Invitational (Nov. 19-21) is back to being the best tournament of the non-conference with Arizona, Auburn, Duke, Gonzaga, Illinois, Iowa State, San Diego State and Xavier. There is no longer a spot in the main field for Chaminade. Here is how I would seed the field: 1. Gonzaga; 2. Duke; 3. Auburn; 4. Iowa State; 5. San Diego State; 6. Xavier; 7. Illinois; 8. Arizona. Wow. Think about this field for a second. In a given year these could be the top eight seeds in a regional. Gonzaga was my top pick for the pre-season Power 36. Duke will get plenty of love for being a top choice. But they still should be 1-2 in some order and be set up on opposite brackets for a possible Maui final."

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-06-14/10-non-conference-basketball-tournaments-could-be-key-come

Pass the salt shaker it’s Cats.

Zagdawg
07-05-2018, 08:12 PM
Maui Invitational

@MauiInv
Follow Follow @MauiInv
More
Hey @ZagMBB, will you be bringing the same heat to #MauiHoops as you did in 2005?

CDC84
07-06-2018, 11:25 AM
With the addition of Geno, ESPN is probably *dreaming* of a Duke/Gonzaga Maui final matchup. Not that they weren't before.

raise the zag
07-06-2018, 11:36 AM
With the addition of Geno, ESPN is probably *dreaming* of a Duke/Gonzaga Maui final matchup. Not that they weren't before.

Bring em on! Especially early, before the young guys figure it out. That modern day Fab 5 could be rolling by March, but if Perks hits the ground running...we could win.

I want no part of Kentucky or Kansas, as they both feature experienced bigs who are strong, atheltic, & bigger than our guys. Defending either in the paint will be a superior challenge.

CDC84
07-06-2018, 11:47 AM
What's going to be interesting to follow is who is going to get the #1 seed in Maui. Duke or GU? The #2 is going to get Auburn on their side of the bracket. The Tigers are a preseason top 10 team with many people.

Even the first round opponent won't be easy. Wouldn't it be funny if Gonzaga faces Arizona in the 1st round?? Brandon Williams vs. Geno Crandall. Now that's a storyline.

willandi
07-06-2018, 11:49 AM
Bring em on! Especially early, before the young guys figure it out. That modern day Fab 5 could be rolling by March, but if Perks hits the ground running...we could win.

I want no part of Kentucky or Kansas, as they both feature experienced bigs who are strong, atheltic, & bigger than our guys. Defending either in the paint will be a superior challenge.

I expect Larsen to be improved this year and back to the from he showed in MSG. Petrosev has been playing on a stage so, while he doesn't have the size, he is experienced.

Many times smaller, quicker and more mobile bigs can outplay the others, especially if they can draw them out of the paint.

Reborn
07-08-2018, 08:17 AM
This is certainly a Maui Invitational that has 8 teams that are either elite or great. I think Gonzaga has played 6, of the other teams, sometime in the Few Era and have given the Zags a rough time. I remember when Illinois beat the Zags at home when Illinois had a pretty good team. It was a great game (maybe ten years ago). Iowa St has been one of my favorite teams for the past 6 years. I love how they play the game. I think we beat them in a tournament last year or the year before. We have certainly had great games against Xavier, Arizona, San Diego St (I remember all too well how they beat us in K2, as did San Diego St). Both teams had an elite player who has very well in the NBA. We finally beat Xavier in the NCAA Tournament two years ago. Finally, I always look forward to beating Duke. We haven't beaten them yet, and we've had several chances. I don't remember playing Auburn. These teams are all Top Teams in the country. Every game will be tough, and exciting. This is a better tournament than PK80 I think.

thespywhozaggedme
07-08-2018, 09:40 AM

Ok, I've been scolded several times by a few mods about trying to be less harsh in my posts and I accept and agree with their rebuke, but I've gotta be honest, the bolded part of your post infuriates me. It's so self loathing and reeks of an inferiority complex. To be the best you gotta beat the best, bring on Kentucky and Kansas!

CDC84
07-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Gonzaga has nothing to worry about when it comes to their frontcourt facing any other frontcourt in college basketball. Especially when you factor in Rui - a future lottery pick - who is likely to see time at the PF slot.

TexasZagFan
07-09-2018, 10:01 AM
Ok, I've been scolded several times by a few mods about trying to be less harsh in my posts and I accept and agree with their rebuke, but I've gotta be honest, the bolded part of your post infuriates me. It's so self loathing and reeks of an inferiority complex. To be the best you gotta beat the best, bring on Kentucky and Kansas!

Lighten up, Francis! :lmao:

I’m at the DMV with my son, to get his learners permit. After an hour outside, we still have over 100 in front of us.

I’m staying entertained thanks to you all.

sittingon50
07-09-2018, 10:06 AM

I’m at the DMV with my son, to get his learners permit. After an hour outside, we still have over 100 in front of us.

I’m staying entertained thanks to you all.

Were you guys up late last night studying a bootleg copy of the eye chart, TZF?

thespywhozaggedme
07-09-2018, 10:13 AM

I知 at the DMV with my son, to get his learners permit. After an hour outside, we still have over 100 in front of us.

I知 staying entertained thanks to you all.

I just hate when a fan of a team, a top 5 team nonetheless, openly states that he's afraid to face another team.

TexasZagFan
07-09-2018, 10:24 AM

I took a page from Donald Sutherland’s character in Space Cowboys.

TexasZagFan
07-09-2018, 10:27 AM
I just hate when a fan of a team, a top 5 team nonetheless, openly states that he's afraid to face another team.

It’s only July, he’ll come around before you know it.

sittingon50
07-09-2018, 01:40 PM
I took a page from Donald Sutherland’s character in Space Cowboys.

Yep, worked for him!

TexasZagFan
07-10-2018, 06:05 AM
Test...is the system down? No posts in over 16 hours?

Rangerzag
07-10-2018, 07:06 AM
Test...is the system down? No posts in over 16 hours?

Everyone must be tied up paying attention to the Tour de France ;^)

GonzagasaurusFlex
07-10-2018, 07:32 AM
Maui is calling me. Over and over. I must make it happen!!

sittingon50
07-10-2018, 07:49 AM
Everyone must be tied up paying attention to the Tour de France ;^)

I've been watching the replays @ night. Good stuff!

gozagswoohoo
07-10-2018, 11:25 AM
If anyone has a pull out couch in their hotel room, let me know. I asked my wife, and she said it was okay for me to come as long as it's okay for you.

NotoriousZ
07-22-2018, 06:36 AM
What's going to be interesting to follow is who is going to get the #1 seed in Maui. Duke or GU? The #2 is going to get Auburn on their side of the bracket. The Tigers are a preseason top 10 team with many people.

Even the first round opponent won't be easy. Wouldn't it be funny if Gonzaga faces Arizona in the 1st round?? Brandon Williams vs. Geno Crandall. Now that's a storyline.

So we池e one week away from August...any chance they release the bracket/seeding for Maui soon? Or do they do it with the first day of August ticket sales?

GonzagasaurusFlex
07-22-2018, 06:43 AM
So we’re one week away from August...any chance they release the bracket/seeding for Maui soon? Or do they do it with the first day of August ticket sales?

No idea when Maui bracket will be released but you can bet Duke will be #1 seed. ESPN wants Duke in championship game.

Zagdawg
07-22-2018, 11:09 AM
I would be ok with the Zags as the 2 seed- should get some good competition before the championship game against Duke.

OregonZag5
07-25-2018, 11:15 AM
Zags are # 2 and open up against Illinois- last game on the first day. If we win- meant to say when we win, will play Arizona. Duke is 1 and then in the other bracket.

Hoopaholic
07-25-2018, 11:30 AM
Zags are # 2 and open up against Illinois- last game on the first day. If we win- meant to say when we win, will play Arizona. Duke is 1 and then in the other bracket.

so you are saying
Duke 1 seed
Zag 2 seed
Arizona 3 seed
Auburn 4 seed

From my perspective it looks like

zags 1 seed playing the second round potential of Arizona 4 seed
Duke 2 seed playing the second round potential of Auburn a 3 seed

no way does Arizona rank ahead of Auburn for seeding

Hooray4Daye&Gray
08-06-2018, 07:59 AM
Took a look at the Maui Invitational website today in preparation for booster tickets going on sale this Wednesday... and it says all Gonzaga booster tickets are sold out already.

Does anyone have any insight on how I can purchase 1 booster ticket at this point? If anyone is selling one by chance, please direct message me.

Any suggestions are welcomed. I already have my flights and lodging, and I need to go to the games as well.

MEZAG
08-06-2018, 01:58 PM
Same. This is a bummer. Hopefully there will at least be a chance to buy some tickets.

OregonZag5
08-06-2018, 04:41 PM
Same here- have flights. lodging, car etc. Looks like it will be an expensive way to sit in a sports bar and watch them. Maybe buying the expensive official travel package was the way to go.

Zag_Dad
08-06-2018, 07:39 PM
I’m in the same boat. I guess we’ll all have to locate a local brew house to convert into our own Jack & Dans.

Robzagnut
08-07-2018, 07:47 AM

P H U N T D Z

That's the 20/20 line of the eye chart used to test Ferris HS students 39 years ago. I still remember it. I didn't want glasses, so I memorized the chart. Went my soph and junior years without glasses until one of my teachers noticed me squinting at the overhead and chalk board from the front row.

kitzbuel
08-07-2018, 08:18 AM
Took a look at the Maui Invitational website today in preparation for booster tickets going on sale this Wednesday... and it says all Gonzaga booster tickets are sold out already.

Does anyone have any insight on how I can purchase 1 booster ticket at this point? If anyone is selling one by chance, please direct message me.

Any suggestions are welcomed. I already have my flights and lodging, and I need to go to the games as well.I wouldn't be surprised if resellers bought them all up. Stubhub has some.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

23dpg
08-07-2018, 09:07 AM
P H U N T D Z

That's the 20/20 line of the eye chart used to test Ferris HS students 39 years ago. I still remember it. I didn't want glasses, so I memorized the chart. Went my soph and junior years without glasses until one of my teachers noticed me squinting at the overhead and chalk board from the front row.

Amazing what we remember. We must have crossed paths. 39 years ago I was getting ready for my sophomore year at Ferris.

As for the tickets, I would suggest Seatgeek. Unfortunately it seems like a seller’s market. Good luck.

Bluze
08-07-2018, 07:49 PM
The Ultimate Fan (wife) & I thought this would be a majikal season, so we opted for the "10 day Official Booster Package" early this year (we tacked on an extra day for party recovery) and booked First Class.

Hey, for just over 6 Grand (plus flight), you get some great sun glasses...

*GRINZ*

SamwiseTheZag
08-08-2018, 01:01 PM
As expected, no Gonzaga tickets.

Any ideas other than Stubhub to get tickets on?

sittingon50
08-08-2018, 01:36 PM
As expected, no Gonzaga tickets.

Any ideas other than Stubhub to get tickets on?

Try some of the other schools that you suspect may not sell their full quota. I got tickets to the WCC Tourney a few years back thru Pacific.

For example, how well will Auburn travel during football season?

MEZAG
08-08-2018, 01:42 PM
Panicked and bought game 8 and 10 tickets on SeatGeek yesterday, ouch, body blow, but i feel better today.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
08-08-2018, 01:57 PM
Panicked and bought game 8 and 10 tickets on SeatGeek yesterday, ouch, body blow, but i feel better today.

Same. Rooting extra hard that Gonzaga wins those first two games, I suppose!

OregonZag5
08-08-2018, 02:56 PM
went to look today and no tickets for those two games and it is a gamble. Checked other sights and no tickets. Am hoping that tickets start to show up. If Duke loses game 2 to Auburn- am guessing and hoping a lot of tickets open up for game 12 as I do not Auburn sold their allotment- after all it is football season and think Bama game is around then.

MEZAG
08-08-2018, 02:59 PM
Same. Rooting extra hard that Gonzaga wins those first two games, I suppose!

They will beat the Illini with me playing point guard (Knocking on wood) so game 8 is almost a lock. Then game 10 is the championship so even if they don't play in that and play later, selling the game 10 ticket will be fairly easy and getting a consolation game ticket will be fairly easy. crossing fingers.....

TheGonzagaFactor
08-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Try some of the other schools that you suspect may not sell their full quota. I got tickets to the WCC Tourney a few years back thru Pacific.

For example, how well will Auburn travel during football season?

I don't think this would help for watching Gonzaga games unless the Zags play Auburn.

sittingon50
08-09-2018, 10:50 AM
I don't think this would help for watching Gonzaga games unless the Zags play Auburn.

Was referring to an all-tourney package, Factor. I should have been more clear. If someone is sweating it, might have to pony-up that way.

mgadfly
10-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Anyone who has been to the MI in the past and purchased the hotel and ticket package know when/how they get their tickets? I purchased the package last January and they held $1k and then recently charged the rest. The site mentions will-call but it isn't super clear.

raise the zag
10-10-2018, 07:33 AM
Have a feeling fans via Japan will be joining the fun this year.

Rui is quite the draw.

Could be another reason tickets have been more sparse this season.

TheGonzagaFactor
10-10-2018, 08:02 AM
Was referring to an all-tourney package, Factor. I should have been more clear. If someone is sweating it, might have to pony-up that way.

FYI I reached out to them via email and they said the all-tourney packages were sold out/not available.

mgadfly
10-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Anyone who has been to the MI in the past and purchased the hotel and ticket package know when/how they get their tickets? I purchased the package last January and they held $1k and then recently charged the rest. The site mentions will-call but it isn't super clear.

They emailed me and told me that they are mailing out my tickets soon. I guess I jumped the gun a little on getting nervous about them.

ZagNut08
10-11-2018, 01:34 PM
Dang, I was hoping I could show up to the venue and get tickets like 4 years ago. Anyone know if any tickets get held back for in person sales?

ConnZag3
10-12-2018, 07:34 AM
They must sell tickets in person at least for the title game because when I went 2 years ago, there were ppl sitting in the aisles on championship night. It was nuts and didn't seem very legal...

Bluze
10-22-2018, 08:43 AM

I experienced the same "Cone of Silence" treatment and finally contacted the organizers. I was informed "The packages will be sent out in mid to late October.". There was also an option of ponying up an additional $20 for your tickets to be FedExed to you the first week of November instead of picking them up on-site.

For such a pricey event, the confirmation/follow-up process (absolutely none) has been very lacking in every aspect . If this were not such a well known event, I would be very worried about the thousands of dollars already paid to the promoters.

Here's hoping all changes once the wheels touch the tarmac of Maui.

jazzdelmar
10-22-2018, 09:07 AM
I experienced the same "Cone of Silence" treatment and finally contacted the organizers. I was informed "The packages will be sent out in mid to late October.". There was also an option of ponying up an additional $20 for your tickets to be FedExed to you the first week of November instead of picking them up on-site.

For such a pricey event, the confirmation/follow-up process (absolutely none) has been very lacking in every aspect . If this were not such a well known event, I would be very worried about the thousands of dollars already paid to the promoters.

Here's hoping all changes once the wheels touch the tarmac of Maui.

The whole Maui promo turned me off. Very, very shady, IMO. Colleges and ADs should take a look at the event from the fans' POV. Utterly non-transparent in all phases of the promo run-up. It's a just studio show for ESPN, I get that, but it still should be a little more above board.

OregonZag5
10-24-2018, 04:12 PM
Now I wish I had bought the package tour as it came with tickets but thought they were just too damn expensive and if you wanted to stay an extra day or two that cost was very high. Have been told tickets are easy to get the day of the game but I shall see- am thinking that will not be the case this year. If you bought the package the tickets are marked Gonzaga 1, Gonzaga 2 and Gonzaga 3 as one does not know if they will win and thus they do not mention the session. But there are tickets on Stubhub etc where the tickets are sold by session number. Not clear where or to whom those tickets were sold but they are out there. Just seems to me that they should divide the tickets between the schools and if they do not sell, then sell them at the session. am thinking am not going to get into any games as not about to pay the prices listed on the ticket resell sights. So guess I will be in some bar in Maui watching the games- just hope the weather is nice.

AirborneJag
10-26-2018, 01:41 PM
The packages are way overpriced! Apparently that doesn’t bother too many people. I’ve been to the tournament 3 times and never had a problem getting Zags tickets in August when the unsold tickets went on sale until this year. Someone has suggested the reason for the early sell-out through the packages may be the Rui influence and that could be right. One thing is clear - Zag fans will travel far and don’t seem to mind the costs. Like you, I will have to settle for seeing them play on tv in some bar in Maui. Or, you can quite often bump into the players at the Sheraton or some of the other hotels in Kanaapli. One for my favorite memories is seeing Robert Sacre jumping off the rocks at Black Rock����. And you can meet other players from other teams on the beaches as well. Oh well, there are worse alternatives.

Go Zags!

Virginia Zags Fan
11-14-2018, 01:03 PM
Made the late decision to head to Maui. Super excited! But tickets are hard to find[emoji51] If anyone wants to sell an extra set or two, I知 ready!

Looking forward to supporting a super group of guys in an awesome tournament[emoji41]

77Zag
11-14-2018, 01:05 PM
Made the late decision to head to Maui. Super excited! But tickets are hard to find[emoji51] If anyone wants to sell an extra set or two, I’m ready!

Looking forward to supporting a super group of guys in an awesome tournament[emoji41]

I'm booked already for the stay, but tickets are more pricey than the Final Four -- i'm with Virginia -- if anyone is looking to sell, send me a PM ---
Go Zags - Rock the Maui Field!!

Radbooks
11-15-2018, 09:30 AM
I read this today in The Athletic in an article about Xavier and their trip to Maui. Thought it might help some of you who are going! :)

Odom said it would be unusual if the tournament did not sell out. Xavier fans snapped up the school’s allotment of 400 booster packages over the summer. Every school except Auburn sold out its allowance well before fall. If tickets remain from unsold packages, then single-game tickets will go on sale Friday. Tickets also are made available to Maui residents.

caldwellzag
11-15-2018, 09:38 AM
I read this today in The Athletic in an article about Xavier and their trip to Maui. Thought it might help some of you who are going! :)

Man I can't wait for this one to kick off. Sure wish I could make it over there for a week of great basketball action!

Zagceo
11-15-2018, 09:54 AM
Maui Jim somehow sponsoring Texas Southern?

4 games involve Texas Southern opening and regional games

https://mauiinvitational.com/sports/2014/8/6/2014Bracket.aspx

caldwellzag
11-15-2018, 09:57 AM
Maui Jim somehow sponsoring Texas Southern?

4 games involve Texas Southern opening and regional games

https://mauiinvitational.com/sports/2014/8/6/2014Bracket.aspx

Plus it shows them in the field below. Good for Texas Southern. I guess I was not aware that the Maui Invite including Opening round games on the mainland and a regional portion as well.

ZagNut08
11-15-2018, 03:29 PM
Only Xavier’s game isn’t sold out for tomorrow’s ticket sales :/

GonzagasaurusFlex
11-16-2018, 06:39 AM
Made the late decision to head to Maui. Super excited! But tickets are hard to find[emoji51] If anyone wants to sell an extra set or two, I’m ready!

Happy for you and all Zag fans in Maui for this tourney...jealous too! My gut tells me it is going to be a surreal experience, one for the best ever Maui tourney annals. With 3 top 10 teams in Duke, Auburn, Zags plus great hoops programs like Arizona, Xavier, Iowa State we’ve known it will be epic for a long time now. The Zion Williamson factor is taking this tourney to the next level; all the hype around him seems merited...not to mention his fellow lotto picks RJ Barrett and Cam Reddish.

Hope Zags and Dukies do their parts to set up a Maui Championship matchup. I had not realized until last night’s ESPN info graphic that Maui tourney is 3 games in 3 days. That sucks. Wish they played Monday, Tuesday and Thurs (or Friday) to allow players and staffs some rest and preparation before title game. IF both Zags and Duke get there, both will be dog tired due to limited benches...Duke w a big edge in bench talent.

ZagMan in Philly
11-17-2018, 02:03 PM
Zags landed in Maui. Wish them boys all the best.
Go Zags!

Zag_Dad
11-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Zags landed in Maui. Wish them boys all the best.
Go Zags!

I’ll be touching down in Maui on Monday. Still no tickets to game(s). Curious whether anyone has a thought on where Zag fans could congregate to watch the games on TV?

ZagMan in Philly
11-17-2018, 04:32 PM
I’ll be touching down in Maui on Monday. Still no tickets to game(s). Curious whether anyone has a thought on where Zag fans could congregate to watch the games on TV?

You traveled thousand of miles, no way watching it on TV. Hang outside the gym, there are always tickets available, especially if the game had gone off. Good Luck!

ZagNut08
11-17-2018, 06:16 PM
We are planning to hang out outside the arena, they will have TVs, food, beer garden etc. there痴 a tent if the weather continues to suck.

Starting to see some zags fans walking around

katman50
11-17-2018, 06:28 PM

ZagDad, hang in there. You will get tickets. Persevere. Admire the way you and others have traveled to Maui to watch our Zags. Keep us posted. I am envious.

katman50
11-17-2018, 06:29 PM
You traveled thousand of miles, no way watching it on TV. Hang outside the gym, there are always tickets available, especially if the game had gone off. Good Luck!

Too true. Best of luck. You will get tickets.

Bluze
11-17-2018, 06:49 PM
I値l be touching down in Maui on Monday. Still no tickets to game(s). Curious whether anyone has a thought on where Zag fans could congregate to watch the games on TV?

We arrived here on the 12th and have put 400+ miles on the rental car discovering the island. If there were tickets available, they are the best kept secret on Maui. We have tickets to all games and consider ourselves fortunate to have made the decision to pony up the buck$ earlier this year. The tourny reps that I talked to say that standing room tickets will be available on site just before the first game on Monday. There are already tents set up by those who are in line since Thursday. The Sheraton has a bar, TheRockSalt set up across from the breakfast area. In This is a room with 4 or 5 TV's serving a limited menu and liquid refrehments. Good luck, enjoy the ambiance, and GO ZAGS!

bartruff1
11-17-2018, 06:56 PM
If you are at the game and not watching the TV....you will miss Bill Walton's deep thots....

229SintoZag
11-17-2018, 08:21 PM
229 in Maui with my two boys. Looking forward to a great tournament.

Zag_Dad
11-17-2018, 08:32 PM
Too true. Best of luck. You will get tickets.

I’ll try to the scalper route but sounds like it’s gonna be tough. Worst case scenario we’ll still be in Hawaii...sounds like there will be places near the arena to watch games.

GO ZAGS!!

UberZagFan
11-17-2018, 08:39 PM
229 in Maui with my two boys. Looking forward to a great tournament.

See you there. We are flying out tomorrow.

Bluze
11-17-2018, 08:55 PM
We arrived here on the 12th and have put 400+ miles on the rental car discovering the island. If there were tickets available, they are the best kept secret on Maui. We have tickets to all games and consider ourselves fortunate to have made the decision to pony up the buck$ earlier this year. The tourny reps that I talked to say that standing room tickets will be available on site just before the first game on Monday. There are already tents set up by those who are in line since Thursday. The Sheraton has a bar, TheRockSalt set up across from the breakfast area. In This is a room with 4 or 5 TV's serving a limited menu and liquid refrehments. Good luck, enjoy the ambiance, and GO ZAGS!

P.S. The tourny rep explained that if you are in line and are fortunate to get a standing room only ticket, they will sell one ticket per person, no multiple ticket sales.

Zagceo
11-18-2018, 11:00 AM
P.S. The tourny rep explained that if you are in line and are fortunate to get a standing room only ticket, they will sell one ticket per person, no multiple ticket sales.

how bout a ballpark on the Package deal?

mgadfly
11-18-2018, 11:17 AM
how bout a ballpark on the Package deal?

We have our tickets in hand. They are day passes though, so I can't sell my Duke ticket without selling all the games that day. The Duke tickets online are asking $1800 each this morning. GU vs Illinois alone was at $800 each.

If I really thought I could get $5,000 for two day 1 passes, I would be selling mine. I just don't believe those prices.

DixieZag
11-18-2018, 11:22 AM
Is the price of the tickets reflecting just the strength of the field with 3 top 10 teams?

Is it "Zion"?

Or is there truth to the Japanese - Rui connection that is doing it?

Obviously a bit of all three.

What a tournament. In Maui, perfect.

sylean
11-18-2018, 11:28 AM
I might know someone who is going to Maui but not a big bb fan but bought tickets with her friend....

Zagceo
11-18-2018, 12:34 PM
but the rumor from Illini board...he's playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=U5RoHgVSVqo

MDABE80
11-18-2018, 02:59 PM
Magical time of the year. Just a beautiful place. The part is 3 days of tough opponent basketball. I'm thinking our guys will be fine and make it to the championship.

Zagger
11-18-2018, 03:26 PM
I hope there's a place to watch in London! Ends up we're headed there (treat by a niece) - leaving Tuesday, back Saturday. I'll try to record the games and watch them online. Not sure if there would be a watering hole that had US college basketball on over there.
Envy all you fans in Hawaii! Zags are gonna kick booties!

TexasZagFan
11-18-2018, 03:31 PM
I hope there's a place to watch in London! Ends up we're headed there (treat by a niece) - leaving Tuesday, back Saturday. I'll try to record the games and watch them online. Not sure if there would be a watering hole that had US college basketball on over there.
Envy all you fans in Hawaii! Zags are gonna kick booties!

If it’s still there, I found a great sports bar near Trafalgar Square in 2004. Saw the Zags lose in the Dance, met a couple of kids from GU in Florence. I’m sure there are now many more in London.

gu03alum
11-19-2018, 06:06 AM
We arrived here on the 12th and have put 400+ miles on the rental car discovering the island.

Did you drive the road to Hana?

Reborn
11-19-2018, 06:46 AM
Good luck to all who go over there to Maui without tickets in hope of obtaining one. True Zag spirit. Keep the faith and let us know how it all works out. Have a great time over there with the Zag family. Let us know how that goes too. This will be one of the best weeks of the year, and it's going to happen at a special time, Thanksgiving. Cuddle up together and watch the game. And don't forget to cheer. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Go Zags!!!

Zagdawg
11-19-2018, 07:26 AM
2018 Maui Invitational: Your guide to the basketball tournament

https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/article/2018-11-18/2018-maui-invitational-guide-teams

ZagMan in Philly
11-19-2018, 09:21 AM
saw a few tickets for Zags game tonight on Vivid for about $500 each...perhaps they will be lowered by game tiime.

DixieZag
11-19-2018, 10:09 AM
saw a few tickets for Zags game tonight on Vivid for about $500 each...perhaps they will be lowered by game tiime.

Ouch

raise the zag
11-19-2018, 10:32 AM
Ouch

Try Craigslist Maui.

I've been to events where the tickets on Seat Geek, Stub Hub, Tickermaster, Vivid, etc were $400.

The same row, section, one seat away on Craigslist for $45, no fees.

Worth a last minute shot

ZagNut08
11-19-2018, 10:44 AM
Been checking CL, same crazy prices as of last night

Bluze
11-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Did you drive the road to Hana?

Oh yes! We got to Hana and turned around there. The waterfalls were spectacular, driving the switchbacks exhilarating, and the surf was perfect for watching the boarders ride 15-18 foot waves. The Road to Hana, though, is a highway compared to the goat path 340 from Napili to Wainee. This is asingle lane road in many sections with blind curves and switchbacks. Many times vehicles had to back up to safe areas where 2 cars could pass each other. BUT nothing was as exciting as the win over Arizona tonight!

Zagceo
11-21-2018, 05:44 AM
Magical time of the year. Just a beautiful place. The part is 3 days of tough opponent basketball. I'm thinking our guys will be fine and make it to the championship.

Nice thinking Abe!

Bluze
11-21-2018, 07:40 PM
Nice thinking Abe!

YES! The ZAG fans are celebrating tonight on the island!

Zagceo
11-21-2018, 07:43 PM
YES! The ZAG fans are celebrating tonight on the island!

get a bartender to create a “Zagdevilkiller” drink and have 1 for me!

johno
11-26-2018, 01:10 PM
I was hoping to hear a bunch of first hand Maui reports. Perhaps they were in another thread?

sittingon50
11-26-2018, 01:22 PM
I was hoping to hear a bunch of first hand Maui reports. ( Me too) .

Perhaps they were in another thread? (don't think so) .

mgadfly
11-26-2018, 01:45 PM
I'll say that it was the best tournament I've ever attended. That includes multiple NCAA tourney weekends, Dick's Sporting Goods in Madison Square Garden, Orlando, Vegas, etc...

It was fantastic. My wife and I went out on Wednesday before the tournament. We rented a convertible and drove the road to Hana. We ate delicious food at several food trucks and purchased some of the best banana bread we've ever had. In the afternoon we drove down to the Kipahulu Visitor Center and took the Pipiwai Trail up to Waimoku falls. We stayed the night in Hana (at the cheaper of the two hotels) enjoying a room without a television but a fantastic view of the beach and Pacific Ocean.

On day two we drove the rest of the way around the island. Stopping at a winery/ranch and enjoying venison burgers and a little wine. We stayed the next few days at the Lahaina Shores (it was rainy and a little disappointing on Saturday). On Sunday, we ran (well, jogged) the Maui Invitational 5k. We spent the afternoon in or around the Westin and Hyatt. We ran into a bunch of the teams, including Auburn and Duke. We also happened across Rui and Josh. My wife was brave/rude enough to ask them for autographs and they were both super cool and signed our tickets. On Saturday or Sunday we began hearing rumors about the low availability of tickets and desperate Duke fans willing to pay as much as $2,000 per ticket. We briefly considered selling ours, but we had purchased the all-day pass version and were not willing to let go of our Zags tickets. We moved to the Kaanapali Beach Hotel in order to avoid crossing a picket line or being caught up in any inconveniences related to the strike at the Sheraton. It wasn't like staying in a resort hotel, but it was fine by us. We spent most of the remaining days in the gym anyway.

The following day the tournament started. A real cool part of the tournament is how small the gym is. You basically can't avoid running into a whole bunch of basketball royalty. And they are kind of stuck with you, so if you chicken out asking for an autograph or forget to take a picture, you can catch up with them later and get the job done right. My wife talked with Adam Morrison for a bit and got his autograph. She gave Brian Michaelson a high five (along with the whole GU team as they left the court after the Illinois game, but she was most excited about BM since we have photos of her pretend stalking him-sitting behind him while he ate or hovering over his shoulder while he scouted an upcoming opponent-in previous years' tournaments). We ate lunch next to David Robinson and his wife at Star Noodle (awesome food!), my wife stood in line next to a U.S. Senator waiting for the bathroom and they talked Zags hoops. We ran into the team on the beach and she had her picture taken with Jeremy Jones (who was incredibly cool and nice). And we were there, sitting amongst a sea of Duke fans in our section, when we won (and she sprinted out to get championship tournament t-shirts-apparently they run out and she didn't want to miss out on getting a couple).

The basketball and food was great. My only complaints are: (1) I sat right under a giant air-conditioner the entire tournament. We considered purchasing and wearing parkas to day 2 and 3 (and I'm never cold with my very thick natural layer of insulation); and (2) I split my toe open while boarding a catamaran for a sunset cruise. But the basketball, the teams, especially our team, and the whole event was fantastic. If you haven't gone, put it on your bucket list and make it happen next time they are in Maui.

johno
11-26-2018, 01:58 PM
Thanks for the report fly. Who was the US Senator?

tyra
11-26-2018, 02:56 PM
Maria Cantwell, US Senator was there because she us a RABID Zag fan, and I mean rabid. Two nephews went there I believe. She goes to many games each year.

mgadfly
11-26-2018, 04:57 PM
It was Cantwell. I'm not sure what connection she has to Gonzaga, if any, but apparently she knew all about the team.

Edit : poster above says nephews went there.

sittingon50
11-26-2018, 10:22 PM
'Spose she had to deal with scalpers?

:roll:

Thanks for the report, fly.

Robzagnut
11-27-2018, 07:09 AM
Maria Cantwell, US Senator was there because she us a RABID Zag fan, and I mean rabid. Two nephews went there I believe. She goes to many games each year.

I guess this means I'm going to have to start voting for her... :D

Bluze
11-27-2018, 01:08 PM
I'll say that it was the best tournament I've ever attended. That includes multiple NCAA tourney weekends, Dick's Sporting Goods in Madison Square Garden, Orlando, Vegas, etc...

It was fantastic. My wife and I went out on Wednesday before the tournament. We rented a convertible and drove the road to Hana. We ate delicious food at several food trucks and purchased some of the best banana bread we've ever had. In the afternoon we drove down to the Kipahulu Visitor Center and took the Pipiwai Trail up to Waimoku falls. We stayed the night in Hana (at the cheaper of the two hotels) enjoying a room without a television but a fantastic view of the beach and Pacific Ocean.

On day two we drove the rest of the way around the island. Stopping at a winery/ranch and enjoying venison burgers and a little wine. We stayed the next few days at the Lahaina Shores (it was rainy and a little disappointing on Saturday). On Sunday, we ran (well, jogged) the Maui Invitational 5k. We spent the afternoon in or around the Westin and Hyatt. We ran into a bunch of the teams, including Auburn and Duke. We also happened across Rui and Josh. My wife was brave/rude enough to ask them for autographs and they were both super cool and signed our tickets. On Saturday or Sunday we began hearing rumors about the low availability of tickets and desperate Duke fans willing to pay as much as $2,000 per ticket. We briefly considered selling ours, but we had purchased the all-day pass version and were not willing to let go of our Zags tickets. We moved to the Kaanapali Beach Hotel in order to avoid crossing a picket line or being caught up in any inconveniences related to the strike at the Sheraton. It wasn't like staying in a resort hotel, but it was fine by us. We spent most of the remaining days in the gym anyway.

The following day the tournament started. A real cool part of the tournament is how small the gym is. You basically can't avoid running into a whole bunch of basketball royalty. And they are kind of stuck with you, so if you chicken out asking for an autograph or forget to take a picture, you can catch up with them later and get the job done right. My wife talked with Adam Morrison for a bit and got his autograph. She gave Brian Michaelson a high five (along with the whole GU team as they left the court after the Illinois game, but she was most excited about BM since we have photos of her pretend stalking him-sitting behind him while he ate or hovering over his shoulder while he scouted an upcoming opponent-in previous years' tournaments). We ate lunch next to David Robinson and his wife at Star Noodle (awesome food!), my wife stood in line next to a U.S. Senator waiting for the bathroom and they talked Zags hoops. We ran into the team on the beach and she had her picture taken with Jeremy Jones (who was incredibly cool and nice). And we were there, sitting amongst a sea of Duke fans in our section, when we won (and she sprinted out to get championship tournament t-shirts-apparently they run out and she didn't want to miss out on getting a couple).

The basketball and food was great. My only complaints are: (1) I sat right under a giant air-conditioner the entire tournament. We considered purchasing and wearing parkas to day 2 and 3 (and I'm never cold with my very thick natural layer of insulation); and (2) I split my toe open while boarding a catamaran for a sunset cruise. But the basketball, the teams, especially our team, and the whole event was fantastic. If you haven't gone, put it on your bucket list and make it happen next time they are in Maui.

"We moved to the Kaanapali Beach Hotel in order to avoid crossing a picket line or being caught up in any inconveniences related to the strike at the Sheraton."

We decided to keep our 10 day reservations (7 of which preceded the tournament) at the Sheraton and were glad we did. The strikers were not a factor, and in fact, gave us a $1,000 total incentive package graciously bestowed by the Sheraton management. Our rooms were magnificently upgraded (by the ocean), breakfasts comped, no resort or parking fees, and we were granted $50 per day for any resort charges. The only time we encountered the strikers was when we entered or exited the parking garage, and even then, they parted the picket line and allowed us to continue on our way. There were two instances, though, in which private parties were being held on the Sheraton courtyard grounds. The strikers traveled to the public beach area and created a raucous hour or two of chants, drumming, and bullhorn vocalizing toward the location of the event. When the party was over, the strikers left. As far as daily room service, housekeeping knocked on our door daily.

One place you might consider for great German cuisine (Yes, on Maui!) is Brigit & Bernard's Garden Cafe located near the airport at 335 Hoohana St, Kahului. We watched an episode of "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" where this establishment was featured and put it on our bucket list while on the island. We were not disappointed!

I agree, that the air conditioning was working quite well (for the 2nd and 3rd sessions). It had failed on day one, resulting in many slips by the players from the resulting humidity at floor level. We were very anxious that players were going to be seriously hurt. The system was repaired in time for the remaining games on day 2 and 3. As far as seating, !WOW! there is nothing like the ambiance of a small gymnasium harboring over two thousand rabid fans equally divided between their respective teams. We sat just behind and to the right of Jay Bilas and Bill Walton (one or the other, depending on the session in which they provided color commentary. We were so close, I could read their notes (very interesting... my camera misses nothing...). One observed point... the Duke fans surrounding us were warm and friendly, even in defeat. I have great respect for them.

Tickets... ah yes... I gave up counting how many people related their stories about arriving on the island thinking that they would be able to purchase tickets at the door or from other teams who did not fair so well. No tickets were to be had. Having all session tickets, we attended every game except the two after the Duke/Gonzaga game. There was neither adrenaline nor desire remaining after that epic battle. No amount of $$$$ could have tempted us to release those stubs and wristbands.

After 10 days, over 500 miles on the rental car, and three days of being in Basketball Heaven, would we do it again?

IN A HEARTBEAT!

It was ...

Um...ah...er...

ZAGALICOUSLY WONDERFUL!!