PDA

View Full Version : Scout/Frank Burlison's Top 10

Angelo Roncalli
11-01-2007, 09:08 AM
No. 10 Gonzaga

2006-07 record: 23-11

Why this rating? Coach Mark Few has his deepest and most multi-dimensional roster, with proven commodities at every position and promising newcomers either providing solid relief or pushing to carve into the on-court minutes of the returnees. Guards Jeremy Pargo and Matt Bouldin, and 6-11 post Josh Heytvelt are all capable of ending up as the West Coast Conference’s Player of the Year,

Potential pitfalls: Hmmmm. Pargo shared playmaking responsibilities with Derek Raivio last season. Can he handle those duties on a pretty much full-time basis this time around?

Get to know: Freshman forward Austin Daye. Landing the 6-10 son of former UCLA and NBA player Darren Daye out of Southern California might have been the biggest recruiting coup ever for the program. He should be the WCC’s best player by the time he’s a junior.

Watch this game: vs. Connecticut (Dec. 1, Boston). The Hall of Fame challenge will pit the Bulldogs against what should be a vastly improved Huskies squad in a game played in front of a largely pro-Connecticut crowd.

Frank Says: Come April, a legitimate question could be: Was that the best Gonzaga team ever? The Bulldogs could be Final Four-good.

http://collegehoops.scout.com/2/696859.html

Rubbadub
11-01-2007, 09:17 AM
http://collegehoops.scout.com/2/696859.html

Definately a decent ranking. :)

I think there are more question marks at center than guard though, especially if Gray has been worked into the system enough to play significant time at both sg and pg and LG is healthy enough to play some time at sg against teams like Tennessee (guarding Lofton).

MDABE80
11-01-2007, 09:19 AM
This is one Poll to pay attention to. Burlison usually doesn't do much in the way of small talk. I think GU is a bit high in this poll. Burlison is a very good, experienced hand though. I'm still thinking 14-15.

lawzag
11-01-2007, 11:23 AM
"Frank Says: Come April, a legitimate question could be: Was that the best Gonzaga team ever? The Bulldogs could be Final Four-good. "

I like the way he thinks! :D :D

Rubbadub
11-01-2007, 12:11 PM
My spelling of the word "definitely" didn't get the grammar police treatment? :(