PDA

View Full Version : OH SNAP! Tillie is Back!

thebigsmoove
04-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Forward Killian Tillie is returning to Gonzaga for his junior season. Rui Hachimura announced Sunday he's coming back, too. Zags should have one of the top frontcourts in college basketball next season.

https://twitter.com/SRJimm/status/984128075070763008?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp %5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Best frontcourt in America!

strikenowhere

Boom!

ZagMan in Philly
Nice!!!!!

SWZag
04-11-2018, 10:03 AM

Link?

thebigsmoove
04-11-2018, 10:03 AM
Link?

Sorry i was having trouble with the code, i got it in there.

caldwellzag
04-11-2018, 10:04 AM
Nice!

SWZag
04-11-2018, 10:04 AM
GoZags: Tillie Returning for Junior Season (http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041118aac.html)

Second Team All-Conference selection averaged 12.9 points per game

SWZag
04-11-2018, 10:06 AM
Thanks!

GoZags: Tillie Returning for Junior Season (http://www.gozags.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/041118aac.html)

Second Team All-Conference selection averaged 12.9 points per game

SPOKANE, Wash. – Gonzaga forward Killian Tillie announced Thursday that he will not pursue any professional options and will return for his junior season. The 6-10, 215-pound sophomore was an All-West Coast Conference Second Team selection and averaged 12.9 points and 5.9 rebounds per game in 2017-18.

hegotit!
04-11-2018, 10:07 AM
Now we just need to land Brandon Williams!

Zagdawg
04-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Great news!

Go Zags!

jazzdelmar
04-11-2018, 10:08 AM
Major shock to me. Not even gauging pro valuation.

primal23
04-11-2018, 10:10 AM
Wonderful news Tillie and Rui back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDC84
04-11-2018, 10:11 AM
I declared about a month ago that there was a 95% chance he would return, but then I lowered it to 90%............shucks.

Hopefully this helps with Brandon Williams' recruitment even more.

thebigsmoove
04-11-2018, 10:12 AM
I honestly dont know how to contain my excitement right now. If we get Brandon Williams, we will not just be a title contender, we will be dominant next year.

hockeyzag
04-11-2018, 10:12 AM
Our frontcourt is DEEEEEEEEEEP. Tillie, Clarke, Larsen, Petrusev

With Rui and Corey Kispert at the 3, we're as big as anyone.

And if Brandon Williams commits, we are without a doubt challenging for a National Championship. We just need one more high level guard and this team will be downright scary.

rawkmandale
04-11-2018, 10:24 AM
Great news! Tillie has been my favorite Zag each of the past two years. I hope I can come up with the cash to get to Maui.

OregonZag5
04-11-2018, 10:28 AM
Am so happy so enjoy watching him- and the way the year ended for him was so heartbreaking- the way he looked sitting on the bench- Now am getting ready for Seattle and beyond

OregonZag5
04-11-2018, 10:28 AM
O yes and forgot Merci

zagbeliever
04-11-2018, 10:30 AM
So happy!!! Put on my Tillie Tillie shirt for the day. :D

77Zag
04-11-2018, 10:31 AM
Our frontcourt is DEEEEEEEEEEP. Tillie, Clarke, Larsen, Petrusev

With Rui and Corey Kispert at the 3, we're as big as anyone.

And if Brandon Williams commits, we are without a doubt challenging for a National Championship. We just need one more high level guard and this team will be downright scary.

BOOM ---

Brandon Clarke -- he is an absolute stud. The front court if going to have lots of fouls and minutes to share.

Rock on Zags

Go Zags!

SanDiegoZag
04-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Wow...great to hear!!

So if Williams comes too, who does not start??? It sounds like Few and the Zags are promising Williams a starting role, but maybe they mean a quasi-starting role as the 6th man, getting similar minutes as the starters. If Williams does sign and start for the Zags, does that mean Clarke comes off the bench? If so, he would easily be the best 6th man in the country next year.

ZagMan in Philly
04-11-2018, 10:42 AM
Great news! Tillie has been my favorite Zag each of the past two years. I hope I can come up with the cash to get to Maui.

:agreed:

jazzdelmar
04-11-2018, 10:49 AM
Wow...great to hear!!

So if Williams comes too, who does not start??? It sounds like Few and the Zags are promising Williams a starting role, but maybe they mean a quasi-starting role as the 6th man, getting similar minutes as the starters. If Williams does sign and start for the Zags, does that mean Clarke comes off the bench? If so, he would easily be the best 6th man in the country next year.

The old, we have six starters proclamation.

jazzdelmar
04-11-2018, 10:52 AM
I guess Jordan Brown can take a hike.

thebigsmoove
04-11-2018, 10:54 AM
I guess Jordan Brown can take a hike.

Well yeah, where would he play?

jazzdelmar
04-11-2018, 10:57 AM
Well yeah, where would he play?

I was just being smarmy.

23dpg
04-11-2018, 10:58 AM
Amazingly great news. This will solidify a preseason top 5-10 next year.

Josh, want to play for a NC next year?

Zags11
04-11-2018, 11:01 AM
I thought tillie hated school?

Seriously this is awesome. Can it be zags season?

thespywhozaggedme
04-11-2018, 11:05 AM
Sweet!!

thespywhozaggedme
04-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Amazingly great news. This will solidify a preseason top 5-10 next year.

Josh, want to play for a NC next year?

With the amount of players that Kansas lost and with Brunson and Bridges leaving Villanova I think we are a lock for top four if not number two right behind Puke.

thebigsmoove
04-11-2018, 11:07 AM
I was just being smarmy.

Wouldnt have you any other way.

gueastcoast
04-11-2018, 11:16 AM
Josh, want to play for ANOTHER NC next year?

Fixed it for you :)

He's been to the mountaintop, now a chance to take the summit!

former1dog
04-11-2018, 11:20 AM
Welcome back Tillie!!

raise the zag
04-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Torn hip muscle.

Wouldn't be able to participate much at all; If able, would be out of game shape, and wouldn't be at a peak level.

Still not cleared to play.

Killian' s best chance is to show off his versatility, range, athleticism, & length. He would show well at the NBA Combine, yet given his injury, it will take time to heal, not to mention rehab.

Tillie was also very upset at not being able to play vs FSU. He was an emotional mess post game. I feel this, combined with his hip injury contributed to his return. His abysmal NCAA performance too.

Great news!

BayAreaZagFan
04-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Outstanding news. This just made my lunch hour!

jazzdelmar
04-11-2018, 11:24 AM
Torn hip muscle.

Wouldn't be able to participate much at all; If able, would be out of game shape, and wouldn't be at a peak level.

Killian' s best chance is to show off his versatility, range, athleticism, & length. He would show well at the NBA Combine, yet given his injury, it will take time to heal, not to mention rehab.

Tillie was also very upset at not being able to play vs FSU. He was an emotional mess post game. I feel this, combined with his hip injury contributed to his return. His abysmal NCAA performance too.

Great news!

Good insight, Raise.

thebigsmoove
04-11-2018, 11:30 AM
Torn hip muscle.

Great news!

Exactly. Getting healthy is paramount, also if he continues to show upward growth in his game, he will solidify himself as a potential lottery pick in a much weaker 2019 draft.

raise the zag
04-11-2018, 11:35 AM
Just think if we made the Final 4 this year...probably reading VERY different posts.

Bittersweet losing in S16.

We are better positioned next year than this year for a deeper run.

Rui coming into his own, Tillie developing consistency, Clarke exploding on the scene. Norvell a budding star. Perkins will have a back up PG. Kispert another year older. Petrusev providing another stretch 4 presence. Adding another recruit or grad transfer.

Tillie was seriously weighing his options, and leaning towards the Draft in January. He made the decision with Coaches and his family. Pretty neat. I love Tillie's game. My favorite player to watch when his motor is running, hands down.

We have 3 legit NBA prospects, possibly 1st Rounders on the same team next year. We have never had that...

sittingon50
04-11-2018, 11:50 AM
I'm ALMOST to this level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8SBJzOEcyU

Might just have to watch these kids a few times next year.

JPtheBeasta
04-11-2018, 11:58 AM

Maybe he wants to try to win a championship— here’s to hoping, anyway. The way Coach Few talked to Brandon Williams, a Final Four and a National Championship is seen as a realistic goal. It’s going to be harder for Perkins to leave now, methinks.

JPtheBeasta
04-11-2018, 12:03 PM
I thought tillie hated school?

Seriously this is awesome. Can it be zags season?

Seriously. I want to digitally slap* the person who cast so much doubt about him staying and saying that he hated school and making me worry for the past 3 months or so.

*In the nicest way possible, of course :)

tinfoilzag
04-11-2018, 12:36 PM
Wow...great to hear!!

The answer to who will start is stilll:

JP
ZN
Rui
Clarke
Tillie

The only way Williams starts at the beginning of the season is if Josh doesn't come back.

caldwellzag
04-11-2018, 12:38 PM
The answer to who will start is stilll:

JP
ZN
Rui
Clarke
Tillie

The only way Williams starts at the beginning of the season is if Josh doesn't come back.

We are stacked already and BWill sounds very optimistic! Let's get to November!!!

tinfoilzag
04-11-2018, 12:43 PM
We are stacked already and BWill sounds very optimistic! Let's get to November!!!

It's an incredible lineup with Josh back. I don't think Williams not starting would be too much of an issue with his decision. If I remember correctly there was another true freshman recently who came off the bench and still was a lottery pick.

johno
04-11-2018, 12:43 PM
Seriously. I want to digitally slap* the person who cast so much doubt about him staying and saying that he hated school and making me worry for the past 3 months or so.

It was goshzagit. Where do I collect my 40 pieces of silver?

jazzdelmar
04-11-2018, 12:46 PM
It's an incredible lineup with Josh back. I don't think Williams not starting would be too much of an issue with his decision. If I remember correctly there was another true freshman recently who came off the bench and still was a lottery pick.

Nevertheless, not starting could become a tipping point for BW.

thebigsmoove
04-11-2018, 12:57 PM
I dont know why BWill starting is even a question at this point, Coach is telling him he WILL start. Thats the pitch. Hes been told he is the point guard if he comes to GU.

tinfoilzag
04-11-2018, 01:02 PM
I dont know why BWill starting is even a question at this point, Coach is telling him he WILL start. Thats the pitch. Hes been told he is the point guard if he comes to GU.

So Tillie off the bench? Rui? I want to hear the case for that.

jazzdelmar
04-11-2018, 01:05 PM
So Tillie of the bench, Rui? I want to hear the case for that.

Perkins ta ta?

thebigsmoove
04-11-2018, 01:06 PM
So Tillie of the bench, Rui? I want to hear the case for that.

Starting 5 would likely be

Rui
Tillie
Perk
BWill
Norvell

with Clarke and Kispert off the bench first.

thebigsmoove
04-11-2018, 01:07 PM
Perkins ta ta?

I dont think so, based on what BWills step dad had to say, the pitch is they play together and form one of the top backcourt tandems in the country.

Zagdawg
04-11-2018, 01:13 PM
Nigel Williams-Goss

Verified account

@NigelWG5
4m4 minutes ago
More Nigel Williams-Goss Retweeted Darnay Tripp
With Snacks, Perk, and Corey all returning as well... legit shot at a title if everything comes together.

EEzag
04-11-2018, 01:14 PM

Rui
Tillie
Perk
BWill
Norvell

This. For sure. Best part is you could rest Josh some so that his legs don't fall off and his shot disappears at the end of the season and spin it that not only would Williams start, he would be primary PG for 10 to 15+ of those minutes.

EEzag
04-11-2018, 01:15 PM
Nigel Williams-Goss

Verified account

@NigelWG5
4m4 minutes ago
With Snacks, Perk, and Corey all returning as well... legit shot at a title if everything comes together.

wow, Corey was looking to leave? lol don't think so.

thebigsmoove
04-11-2018, 01:17 PM
wow, Corey was looking to leave? lol don't think so.

I dont think thats at all what he was saying. He was simply stating all the talent thats coming back.

This. For sure. Best part is you could rest Josh some so that his legs don't fall off and his shot disappears at the end of the season and spin it that not only would Williams start, he would be primary PG for 10 to 15+ of those minutes.

I think Perk is much more comfortable off the ball anyways. He will be able to focus on finding his shot.

tinfoilzag
04-11-2018, 01:17 PM

Rui
Tillie
Perk
BWill
Norvell

I think you are underestimating the huge JW3 size hole we have in the roster. Rui can't fill it (yet) and Tillie can't fill it because they don't know how to defend without getting fouls.

We need a double-double hard-nosed defender and Clarke is the only one to fill that role. He's starting.

jchocolate99
04-11-2018, 01:18 PM
Nigel Williams-Goss

Verified account

@NigelWG5
4m4 minutes ago

Hmmmm I like the sound of that tweet... He would know since him and Perkins have a good relationship... I'm still not getting my hopes up for Brandon Williams even with that recent article. Hope we land him but with Oregon, Arizona and now possibly Kentucky lurking it has disappointment written all over it

MDABE80
04-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Nevertheless, not starting could become a tipping point for BW.
It would be. "Ball in his hands" and all that. If he signs, he'll get the ball plenty and work with Josh and Norvell.

thespywhozaggedme
04-11-2018, 01:34 PM

I don't think you can show one post or one quote that explicitly states that he will be starting.

MDABE80
04-11-2018, 01:38 PM
I do hope Clarke used his season of learning for LD shooting. Outside of that one skill, he's very good. That and defense puts him over the top.

West Side Lady
04-11-2018, 01:54 PM
Clarke is the only one to fill that role. He's starting.

Unless you're on the coaching staff, this can be filed under the same category as "Tillie hates school. He's gone".

tinfoilzag
04-11-2018, 02:12 PM
Unless you're on the coaching staff, this can be filed under the same category as "Tillie hates school. He's gone".

These aren't the same. One is a guess to how a student athlete is feeling. One is a based on evidence of the all-MWC forward transferring to GU and sitting out a season (while learning the GU system) to do so.

If you want a fair comparison, compare the "Tillie hates school. He's gone" rumor to the "Williams has been guaranteed to start if he comes here" rumor.

Ekrub
04-11-2018, 02:32 PM

Perhaps a new strategy to keep value up?

raise the zag
04-11-2018, 03:14 PM

It was goshzagit. Where do I collect my 40 pieces of silver?

And as we've discussed, a TON has changed since it was posted.

Tillie still nearly declared. He was a strong Draft lean in January. A long off-season meeting, actually meeting(s) with Coaches, numerous weeks discussing with his family as well. Weighing the pro's, con's, and current situation. Not to mention getting "off the record" feedback from NBA contacts.

An unexpected, and somewhat serious injury, an unexpected NCAA performance, not playing well on the biggest stage, and not being able to participate in the final game had an effect and affect on this decision. Also, limited exposure with the S16 run.

And, it was no coincidence Tillie followed his public announcement AFTER Rui decided to officially return. Rui's teammates believe he is the most unstoppable player they have ever played with.

HillZag
04-11-2018, 03:21 PM
So incredible. Stop and take note. Gonzaga just had a projected 1st round (Rui) and a late 1st to mid 2nd round player (Tillie) come back. Both bucking the recent trend for college players with a shot at the 1st round.

Best frontcourt in America indeed. And Perkins and Norvell...

JPtheBeasta
04-11-2018, 04:16 PM
And as we've discussed, a TON has changed since it was posted.

Tillie still nearly declared. He was a strong Draft lean in January. A long off-season meeting, actually meeting(s) with Coaches, numerous weeks discussing with his family as well. Weighing the pro's, con's, and current situation. Not to mention getting "off the record" feedback from NBA contacts.

An unexpected, and somewhat serious injury, an unexpected NCAA performance, not playing well on the biggest stage, and not being able to participate in the final game had an effect and affect on this decision. Also, limited exposure with the S16 run.

And, it was no coincidence Tillie followed his public announcement AFTER Rui decided to officially return. Rui's teammates believe he is the most unstoppable player they have ever played with.

I said that tongue in cheek. It is totally reasonable that an injury such as what Tillie suffered changed the equation completely. I don’t want to dig-slap anyone. I’m excited for next season and it can’t come quickly enough now. The pieces are falling into place for a great season. I think the next domino will be Perkins announcing that he is coming back— the thought of keeping the band together, so to speak, has to be enticing, and Perkins seems to genuinely love playing with/for these guys.

ZagMan in Philly
04-11-2018, 05:16 PM
LOL Zags front court is comparable to the Sixers front court, at least in Size. It will be a fun year.

Zagceo
04-11-2018, 05:56 PM
2 down

Markburn1
04-11-2018, 08:07 PM
These aren't the same. One is a guess to how a student athlete is feeling. One is a based on evidence of the all-MWC forward transferring to GU and sitting out a season (while learning the GU system) to do so.

If you want a fair comparison, compare the "Tillie hates school. He's gone" rumor to the "Williams has been guaranteed to start if he comes here" rumor.

Somewhere in there you forgot to mention Dranginis hates puppies and is an axe murderer.

GonzagasaurusFlex
04-11-2018, 10:11 PM
Rui's teammates believe he is the most unstoppable player they have ever played with.

That’s cool but how do you know this?

ZagNation
04-11-2018, 10:42 PM
That’s cool but how do you know this?

They have eyes.

tummydoc
04-11-2018, 11:10 PM
Shem would have stopped Rui, all day long. Rui needs to finish strong at the rim, work in progress

TexasZagFan
04-12-2018, 04:59 AM
Somewhere in there you forgot to mention Dranginis hates puppies and is an axe murderer.

Two traits of an outstanding sixth man.

Bogozags
04-12-2018, 09:18 AM
Two traits of an outstanding sixth man.

I have heard that Rui's training for "6th Man" was that he had to kick at least two cats before each practice...You know Coach Few likes his 3/4's with good footwork :D

Coach Crazy
04-12-2018, 10:13 AM

I knew it...