PDA

View Full Version : Tillie's injury

jchocolate99
04-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Sounds like Tillie's injury was pretty bad. My source told me he injured it in practice when Larsen ran into him. They tried pain injections and everything and he seemed ready to go but minutes before the game he just couldn't go. Supposedly the MRI revealed the muscle in his hip was torn... Hope for a speedy recovery for him

thespywhozaggedme
04-09-2018, 12:39 PM
Sounds like Tillie's injury was pretty bad. My source told me he injured it in practice when Larsen ran into him. They tried pain injections and everything and he seemed ready to go but minutes before the game he just couldn't go. Supposedly the MRI revealed the muscle in his hip was torn... Hope for a speedy recovery for him

Wow, that is serious. Hope he fully recovers

zagdontzig
04-09-2018, 02:38 PM
I had a suspicion that he sat in anticipation of bolting for the draft, and that he didn't want to hurt his stock the way he was performing. This news indicates his DNP was predicated on a genuine injury.

gonzagafan62
04-09-2018, 02:40 PM
I had a suspicion that he sat in anticipation of bolting for the draft, and that he didn't want to hurt his stock the way he was performing. This news indicates his DNP was predicated on a genuine injury.

Why would you possibly think a player would not play and give up on his teammates ? Lmao

Vanzagger
04-09-2018, 02:53 PM
Christian McCaffrey

Section 116
04-09-2018, 03:18 PM
This? http://blog.gameready.com/blog/how-long-does-it-take-to-recover-from-a-hip-flexor-injury

btzag
04-09-2018, 04:20 PM
Christian McCaffrey

That’s a lot different.

kitzbuel
04-09-2018, 04:45 PM
Thatís a lot different.Mainly in that McCaffery wasn't hurt.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

23dpg
04-09-2018, 05:09 PM
To assume that Tillie didnít want to play is unfair. He was hurt.
McCaffery not playing is a different issue. Iím not sure what makes the last game more dangerous than the second to last game, but football is a more dangerous sport.

Metu sitting out the NIT was the most odd to me. But to each their own I guess.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22753980/usc-trojans-forward-chimezie-metu-sits-nit-avoid-injury-nba-draft

Get well Killian. Then decide whatís best for your future. I personally hope itís in a Gonzaga uni next year but I wonít be upset if he chooses otherwise.

Unbiased
04-09-2018, 05:31 PM
Thatís a lot different.

what about Markelle Fultz last year with the Huskies?
Didn't he come back for one game when his mother was in town and then return to the bench?

webspinnre
04-09-2018, 05:37 PM
Good, we can finally put to rest the absurd accusations that Tillie was "soft" for not playing in the game.

tinfoilzag
04-09-2018, 05:45 PM
Any medical types that can comment if this is a repetitive stress injury?

GeorgiaZagFan
04-09-2018, 06:17 PM
Mainly in that McCaffery wasn't hurt.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

I believe McCaffery had been battling a few injuries that year and was not 100%..he could have played if it was a playoff game, but for a somewhat meaningless bowl game I think he made a good decision.. I do believe if they were in the FF he would have played.

gonzagafan62
04-09-2018, 07:20 PM
The bowl game mccaffery didn’t play in also wasn’t for a chance to still keep playing for a championship. The bowl game meant jack $H!T... so not only is it different it’s not even in the same stratosphere as what Tillie went through...

Don’t compare that nonsense

sittingon50
04-09-2018, 07:35 PM
The bowl game mccaffery didnít play in also wasnít for a chance to still keep playing for a championship. The bowl game meant jack $H!T... so not only is it different itís not even in the same stratosphere as what Tillie went through...

Donít compare that nonsense

This.

Bogozags
04-09-2018, 07:51 PM
Is it really possible that a FAN of the Zags could even consider Tillie was not really injured but preferred to sit on the bench, so that he wouldn't jeopardize his draft status? Two things came to my mind: (1) he has a serious bone or muscle bruise and (2) the Team's continuity/confidence would be out of wack, because his teammates would be emotionally bothered by his inability to play I believed with my whole heart, mind, body and soul that he had a serious issue and his sitting on the bench watching his teammates play without him must have been driving him nuts...IF he could have played he would have!

I hope his injury can be rehabbed and not hinder his ability to walk let alone be able to play sports again...two years ago it was PK hopefully his recuperation period won't take as long!

JPtheBeasta
04-09-2018, 07:54 PM

Any medical types that can comment if this is a repetitive stress injury?

Do we know which muscle?

I'm a medical-type person but am not an orthopod. I have resources, though (either fancy WebMD-like site for professionals or phone-a-friend).

MDABE80
04-09-2018, 08:05 PM
Think piriformis tear JP. Crippling.