• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tyra
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

How much PT will Petrusev get?

Based on what we know now, which is limited, how much playing time do you think Petrusev will get this year? And do any of you think he will make a material contribution this year (more than garbage minutes and quality albeit limited contribution)?
  • Markburn1
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2015

Originally posted by tyra View Post
    Based on what we know now, which is limited, how much playing time do you think Petrusev will get this year? And do any of you think he will make a material contribution this year (more than garbage minutes and quality albeit limited contribution)?
    Too many unknowns, the most significant being the decision that Tillie makes. Secondarily, the maturation of his body is a big factor in the jump to D1 basketball.

I would hope Tillie returns and Petrusev has time to work on his game and his body before being thrown into a situation that will include top tier competition almost immediately in Maui.

Comment

• Zagdawg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Agree--- would love for him to have a year to work with Tillie -- they seem to have similar games.

Comment

• Ezag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Won't know until we know. We thought Jesse would be able to come in a provide solid PG back up minutes but that didn't happen.

Comment

• cggonzaga
          Zag for Life
          • Mar 2007

10mpg if Rui plays 4. 15mpg if Rui plays the 3.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

status of tillie the biggest factor...next would be his own development combined with if zags get 'nova larsen or wcc version of larsen.

Comment

• Zagger
              Banned
              • Mar 2008

I'd guess it's at least a 75/25 bet Tillie returns. Wouldn't surprise me if Petrusev sees some decent floor time. With Rui a sure thing, Larsen improving I think we'll have both an excellent and a deep team. No better way to keep all that talent happy, and ready, than to rotate them in a bit. The Zags are going to be quite deep. We may not see many Zags getting close to 40 min games next season.

Comment

• FlyZag
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Nov 2007

My guess... ZERO, he is a strong redshirt candidate. Larsen, Tillie, Hachimura & Clarke all in front of him on the depth chart. If Tillie leaves.. then he will get up to 10m / game much like Larsen this year.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by FlyZag View Post
                  My guess... ZERO, he is a strong redshirt candidate. Larsen, Tillie, Hachimura & Clarke all in front of him on the depth chart. If Tillie leaves.. then he will get up to 10m / game much like Larsen this year.
                  Sorry, but top 50 recruits generally don't redshirt, except for medical reasons. He'll earn as many minutes as the coaches decide. I expect that his will be in the range of 15-20 mpg, depending on how Tillie is playing, or Killian's foul situation.

Just pondering, but here's my breakout based on everyone returning:

5: Larson - 24, others 16
                  4: Tillie - 25, Clarke 15
                  3: Rui - 30, others 10
                  2: Norvell - 30, others 10
                  1: Perkins - 30, others 10

46 minutes for "others", such as Ayayi, Filip, Kispert...maybe less for Larson. Pretty solid 8-9 man rotation IMO.

Comment

• Zagcity
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Mar 2010

One little tweak:

5: Clarke - 24, Larson 15
                    4: Tillie - 25, others 16
                    Last edited by Zagcity; 04-09-2018, 01:46 PM. Reason: Tweaked the tweak

Comment

• caldwellzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                      Sorry, but top 50 recruits generally don't redshirt, except for medical reasons. He'll earn as many minutes as the coaches decide. I expect that his will be in the range of 15-20 mpg, depending on how Tillie is playing, or Killian's foul situation.

Just pondering, but here's my breakout based on everyone returning:

5: Larson - 24, others 16
                      4: Tillie - 25, Clarke 15

46 minutes for "others", such as Ayayi, Filip, Kispert...maybe less for Larson. Pretty solid 8-9 man rotation IMO.
                      I hope that Larson breaks out and starts at the 5, that would put us over the top, but my guess is Tillie and Clarke start with Larson and Filip coming off the bench.

Comment

• Sandpointzagsfan
                        Bulldog Fan
                        • Jan 2015

I think he will receive the minutes Tillie got as a freshman.

Comment

• Zaga
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by FlyZag View Post
                          I agree with you Fly if there are no major injuries.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagcity View Post
                            One little tweak:

5: Clarke - 24, others 16
                            4: Tillie - 25, Larson 15
                            IMO, Larson is our only true 5. We are awash at the 4, with Brandon, Tillie, and Filip. That makes the case for these three taking the bulk of the minutes at the 4/5, much like we had with J3, Killian, and Rui. Rui's natural position is the 3, that's where his minutes will come from next year.

In that regard, I really cringe for the rest of the WCC. Rui's my pick for WCC POY next year.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                              IMO, Larson is our only true 5. We are awash at the 4, with Brandon, Tillie, and Filip. That makes the case for these three taking the bulk of the minutes at the 4/5, much like we had with J3, Killian, and Rui. Rui's natural position is the 3, that's where his minutes will come from next year.

In that regard, I really cringe for the rest of the WCC. Rui's my pick for WCC POY next year.
                              I agree he is our only true 5, but not sure we will run an offense that needs a true 5.

I am 100% with you that the rest of the WCC should cringe when/if Tillie returns (heck they should anyways).

Comment

Working...
                              X