• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Sam Vecenie article: Tillie, Hachimura likely to return to Gonzaga

You have to subscribe, but that's basically what Sam says. He has spoken to Rui about this on several occasions:

Since the NCAA has allowed potential draft prospects more leeway to test their stock, it’s led to an even larger number of players putting themselves out there for NBA teams to consider. Often, though, these decisions and situations are not quite as cut-and-dried as you’d expect. It’s not...
  • Kong-Kool-Aid
    Zag for Life
    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
    You have to subscribe, but that's basically what Sam says. He has spoken to Rui about this on several occasions:

https://theathletic.com/302059/2018/...on-stay-or-go/
    We are loaded if this is the case.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
      Zag for Life
      • Apr 2007

I am drinking my kool-aid

Comment

• gonstu
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Will be nice to move on from our re-building year. You know, the 30+ win, sweet 16 re-building year. Can't wait to get back to #1 in the country and playing on the 3rd weekend again.

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

More of this, please. Bc Philly is right, I'm drinking the Kool Aid from day 1 if this is the case.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Enjoy....
            Last edited by kitzbuel; 04-06-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• Bouldin4Prez
              Kennel Club Alum
              • Nov 2009

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              Enjoy....

Can you please not quote the article word for word if it's behind a pay wall. The pay wall is there for a reason and this is a blatant infringement upon their website.
              Last edited by kitzbuel; 04-06-2018, 12:58 PM.

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Bigs---> Tillie, Rui, Clarke, Larsen, Filip. That should do it.
                Smalls--> Josh, Zach, Kispert, Wade, Jones, Joel Ayayi ( he'll see plenty of time)

This should be it. The core 11. We could use another guard but only if an all star shows up. Picking and chosing the most effective combinations is what the coaches do. Usually the options are many.
                Last edited by MDABE80; 04-06-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
                  Can you please not quote the article word for word if it's behind a pay wall. The pay wall is there for a reason and this is a blatant infringement upon their website.
                  This represents about 10% of the whole piece......if the Mods decree, go ahead and edit.

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
                    Zag for Life
                    • Apr 2007

Frankly, I am tired of watching Nova celebrating.
                    Zag Up!!

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                      Zag for Life
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
                      Bigs---> Tillie, Rui, Clarke, Larsen, Filip. That should do it.
                      Smalls--> Josh, Zach, Kispert, Wade, Jones, Joel Ayayi ( he'll see plenty of time)

This should be it. The core 10. We could use another guard but only if an all star shows up.
                      That would be 11 players but I agree that is the core would come from that. I think we have eight in that group that would play the majority of the minutes, I personally think Ayayi is going to surprise in limited playing time which gives us 9. I would imagine that Wade will play some if we don't add anyone (hope he shows better with a year under his belt). I have a hard time seeing Jones seeing the floor with what we would have...not a knock on JJ, just tough to carve out a role with that roster.

Comment

• cggonzaga
                        Zag for Life
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Mr Vulture View Post
                        That would be 11 players but I agree that is the core would come from that. I think we have eight in that group that would play the majority of the minutes, I personally think Ayayi is going to surprise in limited playing time which gives us 9. I would imagine that Wade will play some if we don't add anyone (hope he shows better with a year under his belt). I have a hard time seeing Jones seeing the floor with what we would have...not a knock on JJ, just tough to carve out a role with that roster.
                        I highly anticipate the staff adding another star guard either from prep ranks or transfer. Too close to winning a nc not to.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2007

So is it official that Rui, Tillie, Perks and ZN are returning?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                            So is it official that Rui, Tillie, Perks and ZN are returning?
                            C'mon Spy, u know better than that....just enjoy the (behind a pay wall) gossip I posted.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                              • Feb 2007

Holy crap... Zags should be top 5 if this is true. Just plain loaded at almost every position.
                              "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

Working...
                              X