PDA

View Full Version : Why the NCAA faces an uphill battle as it again tries to reform its transfer rule.

Zagceo
04-03-2018, 09:07 AM
free agency possible as NCAA may fear anti trust litigation

Further complicating matters, only five sports require transfer students to sit out – football, men's and women's basketball, baseball and hockey. The Big 12 proposed that, at least in a sense of fairness, athletes in all sports have to sit out.

"You're treating the student-athlete different than everybody else on that campus," Gonzaga AD Mike Roth said. "Nothing stops the chemistry major from leaving Gonzaga and going to the University of Washington.

"The crazy part is, it's only certain sports."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/why-the-ncaa-faces-an-uphill-battle-as-it-again-tries-to-reform-its-transfer-rule/

JAGzag
04-03-2018, 09:22 AM
I do think a full open transfer would reek havoc on a program's stability.

Mr Vulture
04-03-2018, 09:30 AM
I'm not for open transfers, the current rules should stay as they are in regards to sitting out a year unless a grad transfer. I don't think that a player should be blocked or have to ask for a release at all...it should be mandatory. I do think that it should apply to all sports as well since many of the sports only exist due to the money sports. Then again, I don't think that the AD's really are all that worried on the secondary sports.