• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jchocolate99
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2013

Well this MWC news sucks...Zags likely to stay in WCC

It is what it is... Not the outcome I was hoping for, even though it's not official, but with a few of the posters on here stating this might be the case it's time to accept the reality

Image Screenshot 20180331 151425 01 hosted in ImgBB

• jchocolate99
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2013

Can't figure out how to attach the pic from the link I posted... maybe someone else can attach it

Comment

• KStyles
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I don't see an issue. Win 6 (maybe 7) games in March/April, you're the champ.

MBB stands alone but how a move would've affected the rest of the sports doesn't seem worth it.

Gunning for a better seed? I get that, but if you're the best team and have to travel to Tallahassee and Charlotte, you're still the best team. The tourney is a great way to determine a champion, doesn't determine the best team.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

A mitzvah. Sometimes academics come first.

Comment

• ZagNative
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jchocolate99 View Post
          Can't figure out how to attach the pic from the link I posted... maybe someone else can attach it

Comment

• billyberu
            Bleeds GU Blue
            • Feb 2007

It really boiled down to the WCC sweetening the pot and the ESPN deal to my way of thinking. Good on the administration for leveraging a better deal - they certainly earned every bit of it.
            Conference restructuring isn't over by a long shot. Gonzaga will still be on the lookout for a better conference.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
            There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
            Surfmonkey89

Comment

• 23dpg
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

They must have reviewed the options and decided that the WCC is the best option at this time --- nothing wrong with that.

Comment

• MDABE80
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

“You look at what the West Coast Conference did to accommodate them,” Thompson said. “Congratulations, that’s a good deal for them. There are just some things in there that I don’t think our membership would have accepted"<---from the article

Administration did the better thing. We be gone in a few years anyway. MW talked themselves out of GU joining. No worries. I know it would have been exciting to join a bigger, more competitive conference but we'll be fine. We keep winning like the past 3-4 years....let em say what the critics want....we compete and we win. Remember, the best thing happens....we may not understand it at the time but it's true There's nothing to prohibit major change in the nest few years. More money, a better schedule and all options open. Sounds good to me.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Academics over Aggies.

Comment

• 23dpg
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by KStyles View Post
                      I don't see an issue. Win 6 (maybe 7) games in March/April, you're the champ.

MBB stands alone but how a move would've affected the rest of the sports doesn't seem worth it.

Gunning for a better seed? I get that, but if you're the best team and have to travel to Tallahassee and Charlotte, you're still the best team. The tourney is a great way to determine a champion, doesn't determine the best team.
                      As Mark Few has stated numerous times, it's not just about the tournament. The season matters. All the games matter. A move to the MWC would have provided better competition during the league slate. Now we just hope that the extra two games can help improve the competition and that the WCC improves.

Time to move on.
                      Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                        Banned
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                        A mitzvah. Sometimes academics come first.
                        Where did you see that the decision was academics based? Honest question

Comment

• Zagceo
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2013

Congrats to Mike Roth and Mark Few and all GU ......leveraged for best deal.

Let’s see if ESPN announces new contract or if we just play out current contract meaning this could just be delayed another year.

Just asked a MW HC at the Final Four about Gonzaga coming to the league this year from the WCC: "Not happening. Maybe in the future, but not now." Believes WCC changing it scheduling format convinced Zags (specifically Mark Few) to give it a try for at least 1 season
                          Image Screenshot 20180331 151425 01 hosted in ImgBB

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                            Where did you see that the decision was academics based? Honest question
                            Honest answer. Everything is. Or should be.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Maybe we get a Nevada home and home set scheduled out of this deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X