PDA

View Full Version : - - -Woohoo's Chart of Departures and whatnot......OF DESTINY- - -

gozagswoohoo
03-23-2018, 07:12 AM
It will be interesting to see what this off-season brings....(or departs). We could be looking FANTASTIC ("only" losing JWIII and Melson), or it could be CRUSHING (losing JWIII, Melson, Tillie, Rui). Here is a snapshot of what we have lost, season by season, going back to Ammo. Pretty interesting to scan over, I thought...

https://i.imgur.com/IYpI60B.png

gonzagafan62
03-23-2018, 09:54 AM
The copyright gets a big LOL from me

gozagswoohoo
03-23-2018, 09:58 AM
The copyright gets a big LOL from me

You gotta watch these internet pirates these days. Stealing my likeness and profiting all the monies.

willandi
03-23-2018, 09:59 AM
You gotta watch these internet pirates these days. Stealing my likeness and profiting all the monies.

Does that get your goat? You should be so lucky! LOL

SWZag
03-23-2018, 10:29 AM
Great stuff WooHoo! There are a ton of big names in there. Every year there have been big names that have lost, and it seems that this program gets better and better.

One name I don't see is Rem....!

hegotit!
03-23-2018, 10:55 AM
Selfishly I hope its just Melson and JWIII. But lots of talk of Perkins leaving too, which he should talk with NWG and get his opinion.

gonzagafan62
03-23-2018, 10:59 AM
Selfishly I hope its just Melson and JWIII. But lots of talk of Perkins leaving too, which he should talk with NWG and get his opinion.

Just my opinion but it’s be a terrible idea for josh to leave tbh

sittingon50
03-23-2018, 11:30 AM

You're worried about someone stealing YOUR likeness??

gozagswoohoo
03-23-2018, 11:32 AM
You're worried about someone stealing YOUR likeness??

THEY ALREADY HAVE!!!! (reference Channing Tatum in the movie Magic Mike)

So since that is already done, now I have to make sure they don't steal all my ideas and graphic artist skills.

sittingon50
03-23-2018, 01:00 PM
THEY ALREADY HAVE!!!! (reference Channing Tatum in the movie Magic Mike)

Channing Tatum? Guess I'm overdue for the optometrist 'cause I was thinking more Marty Feldman from Young Frankenstein.

zagzilla
03-23-2018, 04:13 PM
Really neat to see the data this way-Thanks Woohoo

Top 3 years we lost the most:

16-17: 80% of starting lineup for F4 team-2 NBA early entrants incl lottery pick
05-06: JP and Ammo. NCAA POY NBA early entrant, lottery pick
13-14: All-time glue guy, #2 all time rebounder and early entrant lottery pick

ZZ

basketballzag
03-23-2018, 04:42 PM

I’m sure NWG will say quietly he wishes he had come back.

willandi
03-23-2018, 07:02 PM
Averages out to 4 each year.

One you missed, and just maybe the Zags missed this year, was Ryan Edwards.

He didn't get much run here, but would have been a great big man for this year. He still would not have started, but would have been part of a 4 man rotation of bigs. He might have been a real difference against FSU, especially with Tillie going down.

Zags11
03-23-2018, 07:08 PM
I’m sure NWG will say quietly he wishes he had come back.

Just like sabonis.

Zags11
03-23-2018, 07:09 PM
Averages out to 4 each year.

One you missed, and just maybe the Zags missed this year, was Ryan Edwards.

He didn't get much run here, but would have been a great big man for this year. He still would not have started, but would have been part of a 4 man rotation of bigs. He might have been a real difference against FSU, especially with Tillie going down.

No. Ryan Edwards looked slow and horrible vs ewu players. He would of looked worse vs FSU. Unless you mean to just foul.

willandi
03-24-2018, 06:38 AM
No. Ryan Edwards looked slow and horrible vs ewu players. He would of looked worse vs FSU. Unless you mean to just foul.

"Old Dogs - Ryan Edwards. In USD's win against Portland State, Ryan finished his NCAA career in good fashion, albeit in a loss. Ryan had 18 points, six rebounds and two blocks. He even went 1 for 3 from 3! All in 21 minutes."

I think that stats approaching this could have helped. One more BIG in the rotation would not have hurt...but this is just my opinion.

gozagswoohoo
03-24-2018, 07:25 AM

You’re right. I should have listed him. I had left him off because I wasn’t thinking he was a significant loss to us...but he was significant enough that I should have shown him on the list.

And sittingon50, Young Frankenstein or Channing Tatum, I’d say both are acceptable! Hahaha