PDA

View Full Version : Good season Zags!

Sarenyon
03-22-2018, 09:25 PM
Tough, sloppy game to end it. But good run this year Zags! Did not expect to get to S16 this year. Started playing real well after the loss to SMC. Another great, exciting year.

Thanks Silas and JW3.

Go Zags!

Ezag
03-22-2018, 09:25 PM
Yes, damn good season Zags! I would have liked to see it go on but we have some great things to build on for next year! Four Sweet 16's in a row is quite a feat!

Virginia Zags Fan
03-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Tough way to end it, but it was a great year. A lot of exciting games. Thanks Seniors!

GonzagasaurusFlex
Too soon for this thread

GU69
Great season!!!! Way better than I expected last September.

Stache
We lost a lot of talent from last year and this team came together and gave us a great ride. Hurts right now, but sweet 16 with all our new faces was a fun ride. Thanks Coaches and Zags!!

23dpg
03-22-2018, 09:28 PM
Yeah. Sucks that we didn’t go out with all cylinders firing, but that could be said of a lot of teams. Look at Purdue.

Great year.

Virginia Zags Fan
03-22-2018, 09:29 PM
Too soon for this thread

It always is. Love The Zags 12 months a year.

thespywhozaggedme
A 30+ win season with 3 new starters, pretty awesome.

kitzbuel
I would have been plenty excited if you told me GU was a Sweet 16 team last August. They certainly followed up our Final Four run with a very respectable run this year.

Great job by the players and the staff. Lots of growth all the way around.

Zaglaw
03-22-2018, 09:30 PM
Great season!!!! Way better than I expected last September.

My sentiments exactly. Heck, we weren't even supposed to win the WCC. Proud to be a Zag!

bballbeachbum
03-22-2018, 09:30 PM
I would have been plenty excited if you told me GU was a Sweet 16 team last August. They certainly followed up our Final Four run with a very respectable run this year.

Great job by the players and the staff. Lots of growth all the way around.

my thoughts

john montana
03-22-2018, 09:31 PM
Sad to see it end, as always. Will miss Melson and jw3 next year!

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-22-2018, 09:31 PM
32-5.

Great season. I wish Melson and Williams could have gone out out with a better outcome, but four straight Sweet Sixteens is a special achievement. Great job, Zags.

:clap:

Zagdawg
03-22-2018, 09:34 PM
Exceeded expectations ---- looking forward to next year. Have a great off season.

JPtheBeasta
03-22-2018, 09:35 PM
Too soon for this thread

Please let us know when it is appropriate to reflect on the season.

ZagzKrak
03-22-2018, 09:36 PM
Thank you Zags for an exciting year!!!

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-22-2018, 09:37 PM
Three more banners:

Regular season champions.

Conference tourney champions.

Sweet Sixteen.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

kitzbuel
03-22-2018, 09:38 PM
Three more banners:

Sweet Sixteen.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Yup

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-22-2018, 09:39 PM
Please let us know when it is appropriate to reflect on the season.

I sure will, now go to your room and wait for me to tell you when it’s time to come out.

jpn17
03-22-2018, 09:39 PM
It was a fun year with some very exciting moments. Hard to get to the SS, 4 years of that in a row is impressive. If the current trend holds, the Zags should make it to the EE or farther next year lol. It will be another fun one and I am really looking forward to it. Just wish it wasn't 7 months away.

Alum08
03-22-2018, 09:45 PM
Nice season, although we had the personnel for a F4.

It's time to say it: Josh was spectacular. Thank you Josh. Please come back. Josh/Zach is the best backcourt in the country next year.

Thank you JW3.
Thank you Silas.

Thank you coach Few. I never questioned you all year. That's saying something. Zone adjustment was fast and critical tonight. Most coaches would've waited until half.

I hope Kennel Club is reinvigorated next year. You are the foundation. Do not slack.

Tillie, thank you for your effort and time this year. Heal up and continue on your path, wherever that may be.

Cheers.

AlwaysZagFan
03-22-2018, 09:46 PM
Exceeded expectations ---- looking forward to next year. Have a great off season.

Love these Zags always! Thanks to players, every one on the team, for an entertaining season. A tribute to coaches and some very fine young men. We will be cheering for each and every one of them as they go forward.

HillZag
03-23-2018, 12:20 AM
It really was a great season. Thanks to Silas for 4 good years. A great program player. And to JW3, you are awesome. Thanks for helping these last two years be amazing.

Mantua
03-23-2018, 12:31 AM
A 32 win season and the Sweet 16 is a great accomplishment!

Thank you Zags!

Reborn
03-23-2018, 06:03 AM
And thanks. As always I have really enjoyed watching this team this year. I enjoyed seeing the growth and development of our young players (who really did have a great season). I'm talking about Rui Hachimura, Kispert and Norvell. The skies the limit for these three. I also really enjoyed watching the development of Tillie. I believe he too has really improved. We really missed him last night that's for sure. And I really enjoyed watching Perkins improve into becoming a dang good point guard.

There's pain in my heart after the loss, as I had hopes of going further with this team. Unfortunately, the loss of Tillie really hurt the team, IMO. I could see it. It was so obvious. As a player and coach, I know the pain goes away, and in the end the good memories will remain. I just wanted to say thank you for all the joy I have been able to experience with you all this season. Thanks too for giving us fans all you had to give. Thanks for laying it all on the court. I am one who does appreciate how tough it is to make the Sweet Sixteen. And you did THAT. I know you hoped for more too. Appreciate what you did accomplish. You will always be loved and remembered by ZagNation.

Go Zags!!!

zagcheer78
03-23-2018, 06:22 AM
And thanks. As always I have really enjoyed watching this team this year. I enjoyed seeing the growth and development of our young players (who really did have a great season). I'm talking about Rui Hachimura, Kispert and Norvell. The skies the limit for these three. I also really enjoyed watching the development of Tillie. I believe he too has really improved. We really missed him last night that's for sure. And I really enjoyed watching Perkins improve into becoming a dang good point guard.

There's pain in my heart after the loss, as I had hopes of going further with this team. Unfortunately, the loss of Tillie really hurt the team, IMO. I could see it. It was so obvious. As a player and coach, I know the pain goes away, and in the end the good memories will remain. I just wanted to say thank you for all the joy I have been able to experience with you all this season. Thanks too for giving us fans all you had to give. Thanks for laying it all on the court. I am one who does appreciate how tough it is to make the Sweet Sixteen. And you did THAT. I know you hoped for more too. Appreciate what you did accomplish. You will always be loved and remembered by ZagNation.

Go Zags!!!

+1

demian
03-23-2018, 07:03 AM

Go Zags!!!

Awesome avatar picture Reborn of you in your Gonzaga uniform when u were a player at Gonzaga

LongIslandZagFan
03-23-2018, 07:11 AM
Felt this one coming. Zags have had a few games where offensively they were just off collectively. Usually they are able to grit it out, but with Tillie out, I think it was tough to pull it off.

That being said, I didn't have higher hopes than S16 this year, so I am more than happy with the season. Thank you Zags!

TacomaZAG
03-23-2018, 08:16 AM
Great season, S16 is NEVER an under achievement.

Last night just wasn't the guy's night. From Tillie with the last minute injury, to shots juuuuuust rolling off the rim, to every bounce going to FSU, you could almost see it coming. The guys played really hard, they just seemed a little flat overall.

Special thanks to Silas and J3, best of luck in the future to those two great ZAGS. Two more super ambassadors for the university and MBB program.

Is it November yet???

Go ZAGS

77Zag
03-23-2018, 08:54 AM
Three more banners:

Sweet Sixteen.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

Certainly a great season -- 99.9% of the teams in D1 would like this status.
Go Zags -- on to next season. Looking forward to Maui!!

former1dog
03-23-2018, 09:06 AM
The amount of joy I receive in any given year plus sheer emotion from our team I can never repay. How lucky we all are.

Zagger
03-23-2018, 09:23 AM
Yes, not just good but a great season. Zags made the Sweet 16 4 times in a row! Here's to the 18-19 Zags extending that streak!

http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/BulldogSweet16.png

BayAreaZagFan
03-23-2018, 10:56 AM
Great season - thank you!!!!

Last night was tough to watch, but not crushing in the way that some season-ending games have been in the past. It wasn't too long ago we were hearing that this team was in a rebuilding mode, wouldn't win the conference and might not make the tournament, so really, this post-season was all gravy.

Hopefully, the expectations for next season will be high and the team will live up to them. Hopefully, the players that are eligible will see this as an opportunity to come back and take care of some unfinished business!!

Regardless of what happens - thank you. I can't wait for November!

Vanzagger
03-23-2018, 11:08 AM
Great Season Zag N! Now go do something nice for your significant others.

basketballzag
03-23-2018, 11:25 AM
Great season and dynamite Tournament run by the team this year. They definitely exceeded everyone's expectations. As Mark Few has said repeatedly in order to advance you need a lot of luck and Gonzaga's luck ran out when Tillie was injured otherwise they would have breezed through FSU by 20.

We will definitely miss JW III and Melson both on and off the court--great players and even better role models for Gonzaga to be associated with!

Can't wait to see next years team with Perkins, Rui, Norvell, and Tillie along with the returning teammates. We will be deeper, more experienced, and looking for revenge as we seek our 5th straight Sweet 16 in 2019.

TravelinZag
03-23-2018, 12:15 PM
Thanks, guys for yet another great ride. More personalities etched into our memories.

Go Zags

RenoZag
03-23-2018, 02:09 PM
S-R did a short feature on Melson: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/mar/22/following-sweet-sixteen-loss-gonzaga-senior-silas-/

“It’s an honor to even be in the locker room with a lot of these guys,” Melson said. “It’s become a long way just to even make it to the second weekend, it’s impressive. When we lost the championship last year, nobody in the country was thinking Gonzaga would be back in the Sweet 16, two games away from the Final Four. To be able to do that, it’s a proud moment. … I’m happy for us all.”

zagzilla
03-23-2018, 02:20 PM
Feels great to get to the Sweet 16 again. The days of Few 32 are long gone. 5 straight S16's is a remarkable streak-hope we make it 5 next season.

ZZ

GonzaGAW
03-23-2018, 08:27 PM
- I wanted to stay away from the board for a day, didn't want to read all the negative crap about ref's and poor preparation and he rest.
- so glad and surprised that the sentiment is almost unanimous....... this was a great season, good effort and a fun bunch of guys.
- I add my well done men, congrats on a great year, a year of your life you can look back on with pride.