PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Gonzaga

Reborn
03-19-2018, 07:14 PM
I just have to say it. Congratulation Gonzaga from Mark Few and his staff all the way through each and every player on this team. You showed us all who you are. When teams like North Carolina, Michigan State, Xavier, Virginia, Tennessee, Cincinatti, Ohio St, Arizona, Auburn, and Wichita St have all gone home, You Gonzaga Bulldogs are still standing. Everyone who's been watching this NCAA Tournament now knows just "how hard it is to reach the Sweet 16." And now we've made it, what is it, 4 or 5 years in a row. Keep fighting. Keep it going. There's more to do. Keep believing, especially in your coaches. ZagNation loves you all.

Go Zags!!!

gon2mt
03-19-2018, 07:26 PM
Might be off topic but I didn't see this tidbit I just realized posted anywhere. The conference champions of the Big East, ACC, A10, American, SEC, Pac 12, and Big 10 all lost in the first weekend. The only team from a "Power Conference" (whatever that is) to last is Kansas- and of course the Zags!

Ezag
03-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Congrats Zags!

zag67
03-20-2018, 05:16 AM
Congrats for a great season. The players and coaches have done a super job. Thanks

zagnut2012
03-20-2018, 07:41 AM
At the beginning of this season, I told myself I would be ecstatic with a Sweet 16 appearance and I am! But I don't think that we are done yet. I have changed my expectations (HOPE) to another Final Four appearance. I BELIEVE WE HAVE A LEGITIMATE SHOT AT THIS! Go Zags! We have this.......:pray:

former1dog
03-20-2018, 07:52 AM
Its been a great season.

Its hard for me to look back and appreciate because like most I've been spoiled and want the ultimate result for our team. But when I force myself, I can't help but be grateful for all the joy this season has provided us.

Reborn
03-20-2018, 08:16 AM
At the beginning of this season, I told myself I would be ecstatic with a Sweet 16 appearance and I am! But I don't think that we are done yet. I have changed my expectations (HOPE) to another Final Four appearance. I BELIEVE WE HAVE A LEGITIMATE SHOT AT THIS! Go Zags! We have this.......:pray:

I agree with you,zagnut2012. I do think there is more to accomplish. I just wanted to recognize what they have just done. I feel that too many fans really don't know how difficult it is to reach the Sweet 16. It's like the first leg of a 3 legged journey. The next leg comes this week. Let's win another tournament, The West Regional Champs.

Go Zags!!!

FuManShoes
03-20-2018, 08:19 AM
Thank you Zags, indeed. It's easy now to see how the expectations game is played, and how easy it is to fall into the trap of taking Tourney success for granted and getting greedy. Last year's title game appearance had me thrilled and hungry for more, both expecting it to happen again and fearful that perhaps the Zags had peaked and couldn't or wouldn't get back to that level. Who'd have thought the very next year would present such a realistic path back? Perhaps the Zags won't get to San Antonio, but this year's 30-win regular season and run to yet another Sweet 16 is nothing to take for granted when so many others, including last year's NC, haven't made it. This program is one of a kind in its ability to regroup and chug on. I'm hoping the Zags have another FF in them but really can't be too disappointed wither way. We've been plenty spoiled already. Go Zags!

Reborn
03-20-2018, 08:24 AM
Its been a great season.

Its hard for me to look back and appreciate because like most I've been spoiled and want the ultimate result for our team. But when I force myself, I can't help but be grateful for all the joy this season has provided us.

Here are just a few of my favorite memories: Beating Ohio St in the PK80 Tournament, Playing Florida into two overtimes was just a beautiful game to me. Just about my favorite so far. Clobbering St Mary's in their gym....A great game for sure. Loved how we totally took Landale out of the game. What a surprise the coaches for GU had for the Gaels, and us fans too. The perfect game plan. The game against Creighton at home. A beautiful game. The development of Norvell and Rui. So many great memories. Their last game vs Ohio St. was definitely the climax so far. That block by Rui late in the game, and Norvell's fall-away 3 from deep in the corner. Just watching the development of team chemistry and cohesiveness. Week by week it got better. Few has this team peaking at the right time.

Go Zags!!!

former1dog
03-20-2018, 08:35 AM
I with you on all of that Reborn.

Loved the confident 3 that Perkins nailed late in that game against Florida to keep us in it. Wished he hadn't fouled out or we would be 33-3 right now!

It might not become a classic, but that alley opp tip in lay up from Perkins to Rui vs Ohio State was so spectacular to me. My son and I watched it over and over because I wanted to see if Rui's hand was above the square and sure enough his fingertips were that high!