PDA

View Full Version : Remaining Teams' KenPom Rankings

007Zag
03-19-2018, 07:10 AM
There are only three teams left in the tournament that are ranked higher than the Zags on KenPom...and they're all on the other side of the bracket.

1. Villanova
3. Duke
4. Purdue
7. Gonzaga

mgadfly
03-19-2018, 07:13 AM
There are only three teams left in the tournament that are ranked higher than the Zags on KenPom...and they're all on the other side of the bracket.

1. Villanova
3. Duke
4. Purdue
7. Gonzaga

And one of them has a key injury.

DixieZag
03-19-2018, 07:13 AM
It feels like we would be favored in every game we play right up until the final.

KenPom had us by +2 over Xavier, not sure about Michigan, but it feels like we ought to be the favorite in every game from now until we either "lose" or play the Villanova-Duke winner.

This is insane. Amazing how the year-long prediction came true, March was never madder. By all rights, we should've been beaten by G-boro, yet Snax had a Trix up his sleeve. Now, we have a path ....

Amazing.

Zags11
03-19-2018, 07:31 AM
It feels like we would be favored in every game we play right up until the final.

KenPom had us by +2 over Xavier, not sure about Michigan, but it feels like we ought to be the favorite in every game from now until we either "lose" or play the Villanova-Duke winner.

This is insane. Amazing how the year-long prediction came true, March was never madder. By all rights, we should've been beaten by G-boro, yet Snax had a Trix up his sleeve. Now, we have a path ....

Amazing.

Kentucky has easiest path to Final 4 and then us. I think Michigan is a good matchup for us and tamu worries me. What the heck do I know? Lol.

Beat FSU first.

Bogozags
03-19-2018, 08:30 AM
Kentucky has easiest path to Final 4 and then us. I think Michigan is a good matchup for us and tamu worries me. What the heck do I know? Lol.

Beat FSU first.

BEAT FSU FIRST!!!

That being said, T&AM is not a match-up I want to see BUT I would like the opportunity to play them...UM has their hands full with the Aggies...their big men are really quick and skilled...the Aggies could well be a buzz-saw in our region...

Again, GU BEAT FSU!

strikenowhere
03-19-2018, 08:32 AM
The KenPom numbers are definitely in the Zags' favor, however as the first two rounds of this tournament has shown they don't really matter much anymore.

raise the zag
03-19-2018, 08:37 AM
Kentucky has easiest path to Final 4 and then us. I think Michigan is a good matchup for us and tamu worries me.

Beat FSU first.

TAMU is a problem.

Their frontline is gigantic. Size, weight, and strength.

Not sure we could play Norvell at the 3 as much, probably more at the 2, and Rui at the 3.

Texas A&M's SF is 6'9".

Both their frontline guys average double-digit rebounds.

I am hoping we can figure out Florida St's transition and pressure D, and also hoping Michigan beats TAMU somehow, but highly doubt it.

ZagMan in Philly
03-19-2018, 09:17 AM
Zags are now the favorite (with Kentucky)to reach the Championship game, and the smallest school left. So proud. We are blessed!

Once and Future Zag
03-19-2018, 09:53 AM

Amazing.

Right now, KenPom would predict Gu with a 53% chance to win. Expected score: GU 70 Michigan 69

ZagNative
03-19-2018, 10:06 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Cluizxt.jpg

former1dog
03-19-2018, 10:15 AM
Right now, KenPom would predict Gu with a 53% chance to win. Expected score: GU 70 Michigan 69

How about against TAMU?

CDC84
03-19-2018, 10:38 AM
Boy a Villanova/Duke game would be something to see.

ZagMan in Philly
03-19-2018, 10:45 AM
How about against TAMU?

76-72 Zags

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-19-2018, 11:27 AM

Amazing.

I'm not sure if we would be favoured against Kentucky if we were lucky enough to make it that far.

caldwellzag
03-19-2018, 11:27 AM
Good article that references KenPom and Zags chances.

zag67
03-19-2018, 11:32 AM
I would like to add that this is pretty good for a team that was to be in transition this year and not ready until next year. Our bigs have performed extra well and Rui came around faster than I thought. Norvell also came on faster than I thought he would. The rest of our guards are playing great and the coaches have merged them super. I just want to thank all of them for a great season so far and look forward to what follows.