PDA

View Full Version : Do you want to see a game in K2?

BobZag
10-31-2007, 10:01 AM
State what game and date. More info--mailing address, GU info, etc.--will be asked of you privately and confidentially if tickets can be obtained for you. Folks who have not seen a game in K2 will get first priority, seen one game in K2 get second priority, etc.

Nothing is guaranteed but if you don't post and let your wishes be known, no one will know that you'd like to watch a game in K2.

Fyi, this has zilch to do with the school; it's strictly a guboards.com thing. No profit will be made.

ZagNative
10-31-2007, 10:03 AM
Here, here!! I've seen the Dickau Classic and Kraziness in the Kennel, but if I still qualify, let it be me!!!

Edited: Oh, gosh! Got to pick a game and date! WSU first pick. San Diego Jan. 19 second pick.

HillBillyZag
10-31-2007, 10:11 AM
When I saw "Kraziness in the Kennel" it wa my first visit to the McCarthey Athletic Center. I have attended games in the Arena and a couple in the old "Kennel" when tickets were a little easier to get. So I would love to see one or two of those January games while the students are on break. Please messge me at the appropriate time and I will purchase th tickets. Thanks and Go Zags!

gamagin
10-31-2007, 10:13 AM
season tix holders, too, have times when they can't make it to a game.

if there is a place to post that fact, probably on short notice, those seats wouldn't be empty and a happy fan would be there, instead, too.

TR11Zag
10-31-2007, 10:16 AM
Never been. Would love to go.

I feel like a Red Sox fan as I fly to out of market games to get access!

Go Zags!

mgadfly
10-31-2007, 10:20 AM
If there is a game later in the season, I'd be interested. Right now my wife and I just had our first baby and the baby is living in the NICU, so things will be busy for awhile. Last year I saw games in New York, Portland and Seattle. I'll probably go to the game in Portland again this year.

Ziggy
10-31-2007, 10:28 AM
..to attend a game in the KC. If any where available for the Pepperdine or even the Santa Clara game (David P's last home game). I would fully hope to meet some of my fellow GU Boardsters, too! I do have fairly good seats for BIS in December but obviously the Key is not the Kennel. My only other thought is that I went to school at Northern Colorado ( the "other" UNC) back in the late 70's and it might be a hoot to see them in D1. Thanks in advance for even trying!

gozagswoohoo
10-31-2007, 10:39 AM
It is my dream to see a game in K2...it gives me chills thinking about being there. Though the hardest obstacle to overcome would be GETTING to Spokane, I would do about anything if I had some tickets...

ZagNative
10-31-2007, 10:45 AM
It is my dream to see a game in K2...it gives me chills thinking about being there. Though the hardest obstacle to overcome would be GETTING to Spokane, I would do about anything if I had some tickets...
Gosh, Woohoo showing up would be the biggest thing since Elvis was here ... Wow.

ZagMD
10-31-2007, 10:46 AM
I would make the drive for any weekend game – or any weekday 5:00 pm game (wouldn’t be able to swing a late game). I had the privilege of watching an exhibition game the first year K2 opened.
Thanks,
md

Lurknomore
10-31-2007, 11:02 AM
I have never seen a game in K2 would be open to anything. Dec. 31 game would be great.

Zagaholic
10-31-2007, 11:05 AM
My wife and I will be in Spokane for the MLK holiday weekend. We would really like to see K2 if possible for the Jan. 19 San Diego game. I have not been to Spokane since 2003, so I haven't even seen K2 yet, let alone been to a K2 game.

My wife is a converted Gonzaga fan, I would really like for her to experience a K2 game to get the full flavor. She has been to a Battle in Seattle game (last year) but that isn't quite the same.

We live in Anchorage, Alaska, so it's pretty rare for us to go to Spokane.

Thanks!

zaguarxj
10-31-2007, 11:06 AM
I've seen them at the arena, but never at McCarthy. Would love to go to any game, but would really love to see one when the students are in session, so I could experience the Kennel Club in full form.

strikezag
10-31-2007, 11:15 AM
My wife (1998) and I (1994) are both graduates of Gonzaga. I religiously went to games at K1 when I was in school, but I have never been to a game in K2 and it is killing me. By coincidence, I am flying to Spokane for a hearing on December 5th or 6th. I recognize that the GU/WSU game is the hottest ticket in town, but I'm hoping there might be a single ticket available for the game. And I have no problem with paying a premium for the ticket.

GonzPeter
10-31-2007, 11:25 AM
I'd love to see Bill Grier return to K2 or the St. Mary's game. I got to see the Zags whoop UW last year, but that's the only game I've ever seen at K2.

TimboZag
10-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Hey there! Never been to a game in the new K2. I would be flying in from the Portland area - so any weekend game would be great!
1993 - GU Undergrad
1998 - GU Law school
Thanks!

gozagswoohoo
10-31-2007, 11:55 AM
Gosh, Woohoo showing up would be the biggest thing since Elvis was here ... Wow.

Wow Zagnative, thanks! It would be a nice "homecoming" for me, even though I have never been there...

I left out some info-

I would probably be looking at a game in February, and on a weekend...

former1dog
10-31-2007, 11:59 AM
Looks like this season I won't be able to make it up to Spokane.

Next season, count on it!

GUnormous
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Wow...this is quite a potential opportunity....I have only been to one Kennel pre-season game and would love to see a game at the new digs. Have only seen them at the Arena. Am a Cal grad but we are natives now...and the Zags are our favorites...
Would love to see WSU as first pick with San Diego Jan. 19 as second pick but as with any gift...am very open to other dates and teams...just want to feel the excitement and the noise of actually being there...wife too...

23dpg
10-31-2007, 12:12 PM
Put me on the list. It would have to be a weekend game though. (Portland)

ps. The only time I've seen GU live was at the BIS last year.

77Zag
10-31-2007, 12:18 PM
Nice offer -- put me down for the USF game. My dad spent a few years at USF in the Bill Russell days. Sent his son (me) to GU and would love to see the Kennel and the Bunnies.

Hoping to pull this off prior to his immobility.
Thanks Bob!

JLGutrocks
10-31-2007, 12:28 PM
Wow BZ, found a way to get the habitual lurkers to talk. Welcome to the message exchange part of the board y'all and good luck. You're gonna love seeing K2 in full form. :)

gamagin
10-31-2007, 01:07 PM
If you get here in feb, I will guarantee you a seat. on me. I see feb 9 (sat) v. pepp and feb 11 (mon) loyola. your choice.

Zagnative, you are on for my very first dropout call list, too, fyi. I'll pm you if I can get an extra or i have one.

this is a great idea ! love it.

sanfranzagsguy20
10-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Hey BZ...I have never been to K2 before and the last GU game I went to in Washington was in the old Kennel when i was five years old...am 22 now...i have been to moraga, santa clara and san francisco over the last couple of years but would love to represent the zags for once in the majority not in the minority (although that is sometimes funner) in any event i would like to see one game in k2 as my my dad's side of the family is all from spokane and i would like to see them up there as my dad, uncle and grandfathers are GU alumnus...alas my grades are not good enough to get in there and i was "forced" to go to school here in SF...poor me...thats my story...would love an opportunity to see my team and my family in person finally...1-21-08 vs. USF is ideal for me..thanks for the chance bob

Zerogame
10-31-2007, 01:42 PM
My wife and I would love the opportunity to watch a game at the KENNEL. Any game at any time!

RandomZagFan
10-31-2007, 01:51 PM
I have never seen a regular season game at the K2. My first and only visit to the New Kennel was last week for the Kraziness scrimmage.

I'm not picky at all. Seeing any game would suffice:)

GUnormous
10-31-2007, 01:53 PM
I can relate to JL's comment...I have been a habitual lurker on this board for a few years now...it's the place I go to get the latest scoop.
So good job BZ...have always thought you do a great job in moderating this forum.
Now I'll be an actual contributor intead of a backseat driver...

ZagNative
10-31-2007, 01:57 PM
Zagnative, you are on for my very first dropout call list, too, fyi. I'll pm you if I can get an extra or i have one.

this is a great idea ! love it.
What can I say but "WOW!" And, yeah! This is a great idea! If I get that ticket, I promise to put a little Irish henna my hair so we'll match!

sonuvazag
10-31-2007, 02:14 PM
I would love to see any game. Preference goes to WSU.

CrazyJ
10-31-2007, 02:15 PM
My son and I have season tickets for Women's basketball, just so we can say we support GU. But, since we rarely get the opportunity to see a men's game, we would LOVE to jump into this pool.
Thank you, in advance!!

thespywhozaggedme
10-31-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm wearing my Zags cap as I write this. I've been a dedicated poster on this and the two previous boards. I'd be honored to attend any game as long as I got to see the Zags in the Kennel. I often find myself daydreaming about what my experience will be like the 1st time I'm able to attend a home game. If that could ever become a reality I'd be humbled. We're having our first baby on the 28th so after the New Year would be best. Thank you.

HOOTER
10-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Any game any time! I've been to K2 but have never seen the Zag's play there. I am sure it's an amazing experience and I hope one day the opportunity will present itself.

lawzag
10-31-2007, 03:15 PM
Wow BZ - you truly started something here!

I think this is a great idea. I've been fortunate to get tickets to a couple of games this year through friends on the board. The people here are GREAT.
Good luck to you all!:)

TheZagPhish
10-31-2007, 03:33 PM
I saw the Dickau Classic and Kraziness this year, but if grace sees fit to find me a way in, I'd be extremely grateful.

Good luck to all - I hope you get to see a game!

MacZag
10-31-2007, 04:24 PM
I would love to see any game in K2, but especially Griz (U of MT).

GorgeZag
10-31-2007, 04:31 PM
I've seen one game there, as well as one Dickau Classic. My first choice of a game would be Jan. 19th vs. San Diego, but any weekend game would be amazing.

Spike94
10-31-2007, 04:32 PM
Hello, I will be in Spokane over the MLK weekend and would love to get a ticket and if possible two so I could take my best bud to the USD game. I graduated in 1994 and while there I got a great view of K1 because I was Spike. I am a high school teacher in Sacramento now and my students give me crap about how much I get Zaged up in my GU attire. I bleed GU red, white and blue. Anyway let me know if any become available. I will try other places as well. Thanks

zagfaninmt
10-31-2007, 04:33 PM
I would love to see the Zags in K2. In fact, I joined the Bulldog Club so that might happen this year. I'm not sure how well that'll work. I don't have tickets yet, but I plan to be there for the Montana game and would dearly love to go. Heck, any game would be fantastic and well worth the 400 mile drive (one way).

Adding to my case: I neglected to mention I have never been to the Kennel old or new. I attended BIS last year and am an alumna with a daughter in her first semester at GU. I don't post much because I don't know anything, but no one loves Gonzaga basketball more than me. I got hooked watching the team (on TV) play Michigan at the Maui Tournament in 2005, and have not missed a televised game since. I am kind of embarrassed to lay it all out in public like this, but I figure I'm in with a bunch of other Zag-nuts, so what!

avid-zag-fan
10-31-2007, 05:22 PM
my wife and I have watched every game that's televised for years but have always wanted to see one live and in person. any game would be just fabulous.

zagman21
10-31-2007, 09:45 PM
Never been able to watch a game in K2. I came close when i work at the concessions stand, hopefully that doesn't actually count as going to a zag game.

Any weekend game would work for me. WSU is first choice and then San Diego is the second since i am already coming into Spokane that weekend so that would work perfectly.

MickMick
11-01-2007, 12:03 AM
Bravo to BZ on the generous offer. I gotta talk to the wife about this.

dawgfather11
11-01-2007, 12:13 AM
if u got tickets lying around unused, I would be more then happy to buy em for any saturday game to bring my dad to again, thanks to members of the boards here we've been able to pick up tickets to a game each of the last 3 years and have had a blast. Besides it's alway's fun meeting up with the zags i know here on the boards :)

bulldogshawn
11-01-2007, 12:29 AM
if u got tickets lying around unused, I would be more then happy to buy em for any saturday game to bring my dad to again, thanks to members of the boards here we've been able to pick up tickets to a game each of the last 3 years and have had a blast. Besides it's alway's fun meeting up with the zags i know here on the boards :)

And those you know from outside the board! :)

How ya doin? Shoot me a PM or email.

nonzagzag
11-01-2007, 02:08 AM
I live in Spokane and have never been to a game in person. Once in a while I drive by K2 and imagine how cool it would be to go.
Any game would be OK, just 1 ticket would be OK. I guess I'd prefer a WCC game but any would definitely be great as long as I have a week or more notice.
I hope it's not based on post count or I'm gonna have to increase my frequency of witty insight posting.
If it's based on # of times every day someone checks this board then I should be in line for front row seats for WSU!

MosaicZagFan
11-01-2007, 06:52 AM
I would be interested in attending ANY game this season in K2. This is the first year in a long time I was not able to purchase a ticket to a game in the Spokane Arena, so it would blunt my disappointment to see a game in K2.

I've watched two games in K2: an exhibition game (thanks BZ!) and a dear friend gifted me with a Washington ticket last year (my happiest memory of 2006!).

I would only need 1 ticket.

Thanks for putting this together. :)

Pure
11-01-2007, 08:48 AM
I would love to go to any game... My son and I are Zag Uber Fans.. but cant get tickets...

Let me know and I'll be there

CanadZag
11-01-2007, 09:05 AM
This is my first post, although I've been a regular weekly visitor to this site since summer. There is some guilt in making this my first post as it is to ask for tickets.

I am 22 and live in Winnipeg, Canada, and have never been to the state of Washington. I fell in love with the Zags in 1999 during a pregame show before the opening game against Minnesota. (Our CBS feed comes from Minneapolis). Obviously the run the rest of that year, and following years has resulted in an obsession unlike any other.

I own almost every article of Gonzaga clothing I've ever have seen. I stay up until all hours of the morning watching the games on Gametracker because we have relatively no regular season CBB coverage during the regular season except what's on CBS or ABC during Sat/ Sun afternoons. And its usually Big 10 (sigh) because that's where our feeds come from. I named our family dog "Zags", much to the original displeasure of my sisters. Last year was the first time I was able to see the Zags in person. Me and a couple friends made the long trek to New York for the Duke game.

Their teams were Michigan State and Syracuse so we stopped on the way for games on those campuses. The feel at those games was unbelievable (even if Cuse's Dome is not intimate at all)...and I have every reason to believe that K2 is way more Krazy than that.

Another downer was that we had to leave to Zag/Duke game at the first TV timeout of the second half because we had to catch the last train to our place, which was followed by directly driving over 24 hours home to barely make it back home for Christmas. I was terribly disappointed in not getting to see the end (I spent the entire second half of VTech/Hall game frantically finding out if there was some way to stay til the end other than taking a cab for some serious coin).

But it was an amazing 24 minutes that I was actually able to watch the Zags in person. Dream come true. My friends and I are planning to visit Spokane to see the Zags within the next two years...even if we couldn't get tickets anyway, just to check out the campus, stores, etc.

I would need three tickets and it would have to be during the Christmas Break.

Jealousy doesn't even describe what I feel to those who actually live in Spokane.

Sorry for the long Autobio, but now you know one more story I guess of another Zag-obsessed fan in another part of the world. I look forward to contributing to this board and being a part of an extended Zag community.

Go Zags!

kylasdad
11-01-2007, 10:58 AM
I would put up your christmas lights or wash your windows in trade for tickets to any game.!.!.! (I own a business that is licensed and insured with lots of references).

trizag
11-01-2007, 11:03 AM
I ve got a little patsy cline in my head right now...."stilll lurkin' after all these years." :lmao:

Would you throw my name into the "any game, any time" bucket.
Thanks!

chirguy
11-01-2007, 11:19 AM
Bob, I have been watching for 5 years, but I have never attended a game. Since I don't get ESPNU, how about 1 or 2 tickets to 12/5/07 vs Wash St.

Thanks Bob.

zagskiier05
11-01-2007, 11:22 AM
I graduated recently and saw all the games in K1 but have only seen the Dickau Cassic in K2. I don't have any preference of games just would love to go any time since I only live a couple of blocks away.
Thanks

SWZag
11-01-2007, 11:24 AM
Well, I have the privilege to attend the San Diego game this year in K2, so I'll not ask for tickets and hope another lucky fan gets to go. I am so excited I can't wait. Am going to New Zealand at the end of the year, but my excitement is for January 19th in Spokane!!!!

Bob, thanks for everything.

SWZag

gozagswoohoo
11-01-2007, 11:54 AM
Did I mention that last week when I was riding my tri-cycle, I wrecked after trying a sweet jump. Well, when I got up, I looked down at my knee, and I was bleeding blue and red....

:-(

:-)

bzzz61
11-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Washington State or Northern Colorado would be great as my wife is due to have our first baby in late January. Thank you so much for the offer

Zag79
11-03-2007, 01:36 AM
i might have a tix for ya sonuva... ;)

tyra
11-03-2007, 07:55 AM
There are several different Zag game tickets being auctioned on Ebay. I wanted tickets to the Montana game very badly. They were upper section located and went for $460 (needless to say, I wasn't the buyer) but I doubt they will all go for that. Just another option for some people. Buckle up first though.

Montzag
11-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Thank you for the generous offer to assist those who have not seen a game in the K2.

I have not seen a game in K2. However, as of Wednesday, that will change. I was fortunate to have a good friend who obtained 2 tickets to the Emporia State game.

Please put me second on your priority list as a person who has seen one game. As to which game and date, it does not matter. The fun of seeing a game in K2, regardless of the opponent, would be wonderful.

Thanks

Zaggasser
11-03-2007, 05:44 PM
From time to time, game tickets are available from various school auctions. Gonzaga Prep for example will occasionally sell donated tickets on eBay (my donated tickets to the Idaho game are up for auction right now). Buying tickets in this way enables one to see the Zags, support a good cause, and gain an income tax deduction (for amount paid above face value) all at once!

ZagManFan
11-03-2007, 07:17 PM
2 Kraziness in the Kennels and 3 in the Arena is all I have been able to go to. I am from Missoula so going to see the Griz would be superb. If not any game would suffice. Utah #2.

Thanks for the offer BZ

bob_online99
11-04-2007, 09:25 AM
I have been to 2 games in Spokane Arena but have never been able to get tickets to any of the Kennels. I would like to see Northen Colorado (12/17) or Utah (12/31) during my winter break.

spudzag
11-04-2007, 10:23 AM
BZ, have tickets for the game in the areana, but nothing in K2. Am bidding on a couple tickets on ebay for UC Riverside. Might get a shot on a call in through the Bulldog club, but always iffy.

Lawdog9902
11-05-2007, 08:01 AM
I'm a '99 GU Grad and '02 GU Law Grad, never been to a game in K2 (rarely missed a game at the out Kennel when I was a student), despite by best efforts to buy tickets. Would love to see any game, but a conference game would the best.

BobZag
11-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Please be sure to check your Private Message inbox, and to be certain it is activated. Already, a few of you have missed ticket opportunities due to non-activated inboxes or just not checking for private messages in a timely manner.

ZagManFan
11-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Special thanks to ZAGduck and BZ. Thanks to those two ( and I am sure many others) I am on my way to watch the Montana/GU game.

What an awsome deal guys, thanks so much for the chance to visit the K2 during a real game.

GO GRIZ!!!!!

Just kidding. I hope others get the same chance.

zagfaninmt
11-06-2007, 05:41 AM
Cheer 'em on for me, buddy!

ZagManFan
11-06-2007, 07:33 AM
Thanks zagfaninmt. Going to be a blast. A little torn between the teams as I grew up and graduated from just south of Missoula in Florence. Always been a Griz fan, but 99% of that is for the football team.

Will cheer for both teams, but want the Zags to win.

gamagin
11-07-2007, 07:22 AM
who has done more to enliven, enlighten and brighten the GUB than just about anyone else, will be at the season opener against Emporia State tonight.

It will be her first GU home game at the MAC Center. May there be many more.

K2, I predict, will never be the same.

kitzbuel
11-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Excellent!

Zagpower
11-07-2007, 08:11 AM
If anyone knows "Kylasdad" Have them check their inbox.

former1dog
11-07-2007, 08:15 AM
who has done more to enliven, enlighten and brighten the GUB than just about anyone else, will be at the season opener against Emporia State tonight.

It will be her first GU home game at the MAC Center. May there be many more.

K2, I predict, will never be the same.

I'm a little surprised that ZN hadn't been to the MAC for a game, but I'm very happy for her. Good News!

Pallet
11-07-2007, 11:57 AM
I would love a chance to go to the 12/31 game against Utah. It's the first time I've been back in spokane during the season since I graduated in 2002.

I don't want to ask too much, but if it's possible, four tickets would be great so my father in law and brother in law could join my wife and I. It would be great to watch a game with 3 alums and 1 future zag.

SouthTexasZag
11-07-2007, 01:02 PM
I'd love to go to the 12/31 game against Utah, or the 2/9 game against Pepperdine. I'd really like to get to a conference game, but I would take anything.

I saw the Zags play Duke in the Garden last December, and I'd definitely make the trek to Spokane for a game.

gozagswoohoo
11-07-2007, 01:17 PM
I'd love to go to the 12/31 game against Utah, or the 2/9 game against Pepperdine. I'd really like to get to a conference game, but I would take anything.

I saw the Zags play Duke in the Garden last December, and I'd definitely make the trek to Spokane for a game.

Were you the one that said "hi" to me outside MSG after the game last season? Or who was that? I'm not sure I've talked to him since.

coolhandzag
11-07-2007, 03:09 PM
I’ve never been to K2 and sure would appreciate any opportunity.

vandalzag
11-08-2007, 06:44 AM
Bob,
I have been around GU for many years, my family used to go to all the games when my mother was in school (she used to drop me off at the gym and I would shoot baskets with a Stockton and the boys in between pickup games). The reason I would like tickets is that I would like to take my Dad to a game at K2. He has been in the building 1 time, but he has never seen a real game. Since is in his mid 70's it would be nice to get him in there one more time for real game.
Thanks

zaguarxj
11-08-2007, 07:06 AM
Thank you BobZag and HRZag. I'm really looking forward to my first K2 experience (vs Cal State Northridge).

abarefootboy
11-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Yes ... I have been to the old Kennel but not the new. I am 10 minutes away .. it does not matter what game or time .. I am eager to go.

Thanks for the opportunity . .. !

dawgfather11
11-09-2007, 09:47 AM
awww noone is pming me!

AuntieZag
11-09-2007, 12:48 PM
I'll throw my Zags hat into the ring.

I saw last years exhibition against Colorado. I'd love to see a regular season game though. I don't live in Spokane any more, but close enough to drive in.

Plus I work with teenagers who love GU. They'd eat their faces if I had two tickets!

ZagManFan
11-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Thanks again to ZAGduck and BZ. Had a great time at the game tonight. I think this team is going to be special this year. VERY impressed by the revamped D. I may have missed it, but I think they did not touch the zone once today.

I like seeing Austin at the point of the full court press. LG, man I am so happy to see him play again. I remember when I went to the Kraziness in the Kennel when he and Pargo were freshamn and thought higer of LG at the time. Such a greta kid and I am glad the coaching staff have not forgot about him.

Sacto
11-12-2007, 09:37 AM
My wife and I are flying up to Spokane from the Bay Area on 12/7 and would love to see a game in the New K. After making annual trips to the Old K, it would be great to see a home game again. So if anyone has tickets for 12/8 we would appreciate the opportunity. Thanks.

Zag the bulldog
11-18-2007, 09:48 AM
I am currently a student at GU and have been for three years now. My parents wanted to see a game and spend a weekend with me. If I could get 2 tickets for pretty much any game that would be great. They would like to see the one on the 31st of December if that is at all possible. Thank you so much.

Oregon Zag
11-20-2007, 03:31 PM
I want to publicly thank BobZag and 229 for the opportunity to go to a game in K2. What a neat experience. Everyone is so nice, K2 was awesome, and to see the players in person was worth the whole trip. There is something extra special about Gonzaga and I think more and more people are beginning to realize it. I really can't say enough good things. My most sincere thanks!

insidethekennel
11-21-2007, 01:32 PM
This is probably a dumb question but.....I was wondering if anyone here has an extra ticket for the Zags WSU game. I have a media credential for the Zags games but I'm trying to get my mom a ticket to the game. So if anyone has a single ticket they would be willing to sell let me know and we can start discussing money

Cougardave
11-25-2007, 04:36 PM
Haven't been to a game in K2 and I don't care which one we would be able to see but would prefer to see one with all of the student body. I just want to go with my son, support the Zags and feel the atmosphere of the Kennel.

Go Zags

Zaginhidding
12-03-2007, 11:11 AM
OK, since my son created this account for the sole purpose of trying to see a Zags game, I better throw my name in the hat. Any game available would be great.

Thanks guys!!

Zaginhid(d)ing

webspinnre
12-13-2007, 07:10 AM
My wife is looking to get tickets for me as a christmas present. If available, you can email her at mgerlach(at)gonzaga.edu. She (and I) would greatly appreciate it if tickets for games over the break happened to be available.

7ICoug
12-17-2007, 09:34 AM
This came in my email this morning.

"The Men's GU vs Georgia basketball game January 5 at the Arena is sold out, but here's how you can get a ticket and more. The Davenport Hotel is offering a special package for this Ronald McDonald House Charities Classic: Overnight accommodations at the Davenport Hotel, valet parking and two tickets to the game at the Spokane Arena on Saturday, January 5th. Call The Davenport Hotel for information and reservations at 509-455-8888."

Might be a solution for some.

BobZag
12-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks, 7I. The Davenport is spendy but a nice experience.

I'm beginning to wonder if a lot of folks who posted on this thread know how to tell if they receive a Private Message. Many who are eager for tix, do not respond. Odd.

trizag
12-18-2007, 07:11 AM
My private messages says 0 ?

Maybe you sent the notification to the wrong person? Try and send it to me again...:D

gozagswoohoo
12-18-2007, 07:43 AM
My jealousy of the accomodated fans in dyer need of getting tickets that have been accustomed to tickets berates me...

I'm not sure if that sentense made any sense, but it sure sounded smart!

Zaginhidding
12-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Just want to give a call out to BZ and crew for the chance to see last nights game. Had a great time and wanted to thank you for your hard work.

ZIH

ropey
01-06-2008, 01:48 AM
Thank you for this generous offer. I moved to town in 1996 to attend GU, but since a work injury a few years back I have not been able to attend any men's games in K2. While I have neck surgery planned for mid-spring that may get me back in shape, it should be after the season so that there is no conflict if a ticket should become available.
As for dates, while I would most enjoy SD or SM, I would be most grateful for the opportunity to witness the K2 atmosphere, regardless of opponent.
Again, thanks for finding a way to spread this experience throughout the community.

ZaggyZaggerson
01-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Would like to attend the March 3 game against Santa Clara. Would love to take my 14-year-old son, a basketball player, into that environment to show him how amazing it can be in the Kennel. Would love to be part of that and I'm sure my kid would be in heaven.

This is an amazing offer BobZag. Thanks for making it a possibility. I know how difficult it is to get a seat there and would be privileged to make the drive from Maple Valley on short notice.

RenoZag
01-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I would love to see a game in K2, but the logistics of getting to Spokane would require more than just a day or two's notice. If the opportunity presented itself to go to a game with some notice (for booking flights, etc. ) then I'm definitely up for it !

Bulldogaholic
01-13-2008, 04:30 AM
Yes, I'd love at least one ticket to see a game. I've seen the Bulldogs at the Spokane Arena and at the old Kennel, and at Key Arena, but have been resigned to watching them on t.v. otherwise. I live 130 miles from Spokane, so can go to a late Monday game, or any Saturday game. I can be contacted directly at jaigne@televar.com

Thanks for the opportunity!

SWZag
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
I get to go to my first GU game tomorrow at GU, against USD. I'm pretty stoked!! Flying over tomorrow morning and possibly making an appearance at Jack and Dan's. Any other place that folks will meet before hand?

I'm pretty pumped!

SWZag

TrueLiz
01-20-2008, 10:00 PM
I have never even been to Spokane, let alone to K2 (I became a casual fan after Monson's Zags beat my Gophers, and then became a real fan, and finally a fanatic, over the next few years, getting the sports pack on my DirecTV to get FSN Seattle & ESPNU). I've seen Gonzaga play in person in Las Vegas, Los Angeles a couple times, Seattle, Atlanta & San Diego, but I've never been able to acquire tickets for the Kennel in a timely manner, even with the Bulldog Club membership.

My only problem is with the flight from Minneapolis, I probably need a 2 week window to make it feasible, but I'd be thrilled to get there this season or next season, as I'm probably a little late for this year. I'd love to have an excuse to spend a lot in the bookstore too! Anytime I've tried to use eBay or StubHub, the tickets have been $300 or more each, which is a bit much when adding in a flight, hotel & car rental. Any opportunity that allowed me that time to get a quasi-decent flight, would be amazing.

D Hark 2003
01-22-2008, 09:36 AM
I hope and think i am going to the Saint Mary's game at K2 this year. I have never been to a game there, the construction was finished my senior year but they didn't play in it until the next year.

FuManShoes
01-24-2008, 07:25 AM
My friend Mike is heading back to Spokane from Seattle this weekend and would like to take his family to a game (5 tix if possible.) He's a swell guy who's dealing with an illness in his family. He's also a friend of the hoops community, as he coaches a youth basketball team in Seattle. If anyone deserves a chance to see a game at K2, it's this guy. He's willing to pay for tix if need be, preferring some "affordable" ones. Please send me a private message if you can help.

thanks!
Fu

ROOFnZAG
01-28-2008, 08:40 AM
This request is for my parents to see a game in the Kennel. They have only seen games on TV and haven't visited me while being at school these last 4 years. Both are huge basketball fans, with my dad a former coach. They are wanting to come over for the Pepperdine game on Feb. 9th. Please let me know soon if you have any tickets available.

Thanks so much.

FlatheadZag
02-09-2008, 02:14 PM
If anyone has a pair of tickets available for Monday's game vs LMU, please let me know. Driving over from Montana...

tenniszag
02-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I am looking for extra ticket to the Saint Mary's game on March 1st. I have one but my girlfriend is visiting that weekend so I am trying to find a ticket for her. Please PM me if you might have an extra. Thanks a ton.

FuManShoes
02-21-2008, 09:34 AM
But I would love, love to go to the St. Mary's game on March 1. I've never been to a game at K2 and will be back in Spokane visiting the fam that Saturday. One or two tix would be great and I'm willing to pay face value or a little more. If any of you guys can help a brother out .... I promise to stand all game and make a ruckus. It's the least I can do!

cheers,
Fu

Zag, You're It!
02-24-2008, 12:45 PM
As long as I'm dreaming...
Senior Night against Santa Clara....March 3rd.

Who Dat
02-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Anybody got a couple extra tickets for tonights game in portland? Please, please pm me.

LynetteG
02-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Looking for 1 ticket (for myself) for SCU on March 3. Please PM me, will pay for the ticket. Thanks!!

FuManShoes
02-28-2008, 11:09 PM
I didn't want to use a sob story, but damn if it isn't true. My dad had heart surgery last month and complications put him back in the hospital this month. He's finally back home (well not "home" home, as the folks' roof damn-near collapsed from the snow and has to be replaced, meaning they're living in temporary digs). I'm back visiting for a few days and would like nothing more than to be able to take dad to a game (OK, THE game) on Saturday. Considering the difficulties of the last few months and the fact he's never been to a game at K2, somehow procurring a couple tix to St. Mary's would mean a LOT. Please PM if you an help me out. And yes, I will pay!

Thanks zagnuts!
~Fu

ZagNut08
03-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I have a friend who is a senior, but this semester fell below the full time student requirements (12 units) Thus, he cannot attend games. He has been able to get in to some this semester, but would obviously love to be at Senior Night. If anyone has an extra ticket for him, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

RenoZag
03-02-2008, 07:33 PM
I would love to see a game in K2, but the logistics of getting to Spokane would require more than just a day or two's notice. If the opportunity presented itself to go to a game with some notice (for booking flights, etc. ) then I'm definitely up for it !

Thanks again to BobZag for the opportunity to watch the Zags lay the wood to the Gaels yesterday. The game and the chance to meet so many great people from this board were memorable indeed. I also need to give a shout out to Mrs. RZ for letting me dash off to Spokane on such short notice. . .:)

lothar98zag
03-03-2008, 04:38 PM
I'd like to be put on the list for a game next season. Thanks.