• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

NCAA post game radio-GU/OSU

AMMO: Zach Norvell carried us for these two games, the kid really stepped up. Hudson talks to Perkins: Ah Man, we earned that one for sure but this one goes to Snax, he was unreal. I felt good, we got two wins so I'm good. It's two games in a row, we ran into adversity, we just stuck together and got the wins. Perk 10 points and 8 assists.

Hudson and Perkins: What a ballgame it was as the Zags jumped out to a 15 point lead, 11 at half, but OSU came out in the second half and scored in a hurry and finally took the lead at 56-54, but credit our guys hung in there. 58-52 biggest lead for OSU but Rui, Tillie and guess who, Norvell stepped up. The Bulldogs pick up a dramatic 90-84 win even though OSU came up with 51 second half points. A career high for Norvell with 28 who had the first 6 points of the game on a couple of good early looks that got him off and running. OSU out of the locker room on a 25-10 run. OSU just looked like they wanted it more than us at that point. Tillie gets a three point play to give GU the lead back at 68-67. Rui hits the big three, with two seconds left on the shot clock, his first three since the month of December. He was forced to shoot that and it put the Zags up 73-69. Norvell hit the big three right in OSU's face, another big shot. 28 and 12 for Norvell, Ammo says I can't think of another guy who had a game like that in the tournament.

Michaelson: It was an interesting kind of flow to this game. We gave up some threes, we didn't contest great. The start of the second half was poor, missed shots, missed free throws. At the end we got just enough stops. A huge credit to the guys to right the ship. This group has some toughness to it. We asked them to stop the paint points and we did and we were plus 14 on the boards which was just huge against this team. Rui was having a tough night at the line and he stepped up hit some big FT's. We had to talk to Rui after Thursday, that was not the way he can play and he knew that. That big block late in the game was huge and his early block got him off and running. Norvell is not afraid of the moment and he excells in the moment, I don't think Snax gets the credit he deserves as a freshman nationally or maybe even for us. He is probably on the records books in all the categories for a freshman. We have the second most wins in the tournament the past 4 years right behind UNC.

Hudson and Morrison: Few says on is post game interview Perkins and Melson go to the Sweet 16 for 4 straight years, though Perk has only played in 3 because of the broken jaw.. I don't know how many guys get to do that. Back to radio: Career high of 28 and career high of 12 rebounds for Norvell. Rui 25 on 9-11 shooting. Only 19 minutes for J3 and he still got 9 and 8, he always gives you effort. We need more admiration for the way Perk played this weekend and in Vegas. 32 assits and 8 TO's for Perk in his last 5 games. We had no idea what to expect from this team at the beginning of the season and here we sit going to another Sweet 16. Kudos to OSU for not mailing it in, we really had to work for it in the second half. Hudson says so long until Thursday and so do I

GU closed on a 28-17 run, starting @ the 6:02 mark and the Zags also own the nations longest current winning streak at 16. Zags W-L record last 4 seasons including the OSU win stands at 132-17!
    Last edited by Section 116; 03-17-2018, 08:00 PM. Reason: 3 added facts after my initial post
  • djdallaszag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Dec 2010

Great stuff. Thank you as always. Not getting the radio feed on the app during the tournament for some reason...

What a game!

Comment

• CdAZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2013

Have to agree heartily with giving Josh Perkins credit - really has settled into a calming and steady influence in these big games.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2008

excellence again 116, thank you always

Comment

• Akzag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Kudos, 116. Thank you as always.
          So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2015

Sports headline in Washington Post: “March Madness live: Chicago shocks Tennessee; Kansas, GONZAGA the latest BLUE
            BLOODS* to reach Sweet 16.”

* my caps only edit

Expand the map!

Comment

• Hoopaholic
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
              Sports headline in Washington Post: “March Madness live: Chicago shocks Tennessee; Kansas, GONZAGA the latest BLUE

* my caps only edit

Expand the map!
              Wow blue blood category
              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

* my caps only edit

Expand the map!
                Well, if the Washington Post says it, I’m not going to argue.
                It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

* my caps only edit

Expand the map!
                  Well, that pretty well seals it.

When one of the 2 papers of record states that we're a "blue blood" - who are we to argue now?

And 4 straight Sweet Sixteens, with a championship game in the middle? Tough to argue.

We DO need to get around to winning the national title at some point, I think I know of a group that believes they will win every time they step on the floor, no matter what gets thrown at them.
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• jayray
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

I’d like to see Tillie show up for the next game and not be a liability. What a disappointment he has been since the WCC tournament.

Comment

Working...
                    X