all the tournament wins do, but wow, this one feels extra sweet

Zags overcame. Couldn't be prouder of them

:cheers:

Zag_Dad
03-17-2018, 07:39 PM

FOUR CONSECUTIVE TRIPS TO SWEET SIXTEEN! That feels good! not done yet!

DixieZag
03-17-2018, 07:41 PM

Yes, you said it.

So mentally tough to come back after giving up a lead.

Plus, the officials insisted upon being star players in the game.

Plus OSU had to have thought that we'd wilt. Hell, I might've thought we'd wilt.

I am not sure that there's been a more satisfying win in the tourney other than the "big ones" aka "Stanford, Florida, Xavier (last year and this week), you know.

CaliZag07
03-17-2018, 07:44 PM
I love that this year's team has progressed to the point where we can give up a lead late, but still gut out a win. This team has some sort of fortitude!

gueastcoast
03-17-2018, 07:47 PM
Kudos in particular to the coaching staff for navigating foul trouble much of the game

Nevada Don
03-17-2018, 07:48 PM
this one feels extra sweet

When I first read the thread title, I thought maybe you had gas.
Then I remembered you guys had a game to play today in that Big NCAA Tournament.
An event that is often times foreign to some of us.
GREAT WIN guys.
Put a BIG X...on that next win.

gonzagafan62
03-17-2018, 07:50 PM
Overcame free throws, foul trouble and the blown lead. WHAT A GAME!!!!! Go zags!

bballbeachbum
03-17-2018, 07:52 PM
Then I remembered you guys had a game to play today in that Big NCAA Tournament.
GREAT WIN guys.

of course man, I come here to post about my gastrointestinal happenings

you have no idea how good this one felt ;)

cheers Don

DixieZag
03-17-2018, 07:58 PM
GREAT WIN guys.

Good to see you here, friend. You and our other Gael regs are always welcome.

Beat the UW

Birddog
03-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Hey Don, pull my finger and I'll even feel better!

VinnyZag
03-17-2018, 08:05 PM

I was sure they had lost after OSU took the 4 point lead. But, man. The Legend of Zach Norvell (and Rui) just keeps growing.

GonzaGAW
03-17-2018, 08:18 PM
- I'm a nice guy, but I have to say the little mean part of me is so so so happy that we beat osu, and in doing so put dackich in place for his stupid pick of his son's team to win the tournament.

Nevada Don
03-17-2018, 08:31 PM
Thanks guys (and girls?).
It is heart warming to sense how proud you all are of your team tonight.
Very cool to witness.

bballbeachbum
03-17-2018, 08:33 PM
Very cool to witness.

high five Don

Nevada Don
03-17-2018, 08:35 PM
Hey Don, pull my finger and I'll even feel better!

Ain't pulling nothing of yours. ;)
Just how this 69 (sorry) year old rolls.
Not that there is anything wrong....

gonzagabasketball
03-17-2018, 08:39 PM
Very cool to witness.

You have my respect, good sir. Gracious winner and loser, I tip my cap to you.

I often think you're too sensitive, and wrong! Ha. Unless you're right, then I want you to leave. And when smc wins !? GET OUT!

But honestly, you're a class act, and being able to interact with the program that is your most significant foil can be no easy task. I commend you.

gonzagabasketball
03-17-2018, 08:45 PM
Very cool to witness.

I often think you're too sensitive, and wrong! Ha. Unless you're right, then I want you to leave. And when smc wins !? GET OUT!

But honestly, you're a class act, and being able to interact with the program that is your most significant foil can be no easy task. I commend you.

TexasZagFan
03-17-2018, 08:55 PM

Nevada Don's always been a class act.

OTOH, I've got a bit of the jaws at sideshow06 & mjgogaels for a couple of comments on the Gael board. THEY know the comments I'm talking about, and I'll leave it at that.

If we do join another conference, we're leaving a parting gift of $5 million to the conference...and we aren't done yet.

Nevada Don
03-17-2018, 09:00 PM
I saw that too and I knew it would solicit a comment.
They are good guys with much GU respect so I'd ask you consider letting this one slide.
You can nail them the next time (or the time after that ;))

Nevada Don
03-17-2018, 09:03 PM
Thanks again all for your very nice words.
They say that a "compliment is really more telling on the giver than the recipient."
I think that's the case here.

TexasZagFan
03-17-2018, 09:10 PM
I saw that too and I knew it would solicit a comment.
They are good guys with much GU respect so I'd ask you consider letting this one slide.
You can nail them the next time (or the time after that ;))

LOL, Don. I'm over it...just messing around.

O/T, but it was one of the few times I had all 3 of my kids together for a few hours. Mom's at Winstar with a sister, seeing Chicago in concert. They know they can let their hair down around me. The only one missing was Big D, it's his week with his father. In a way, it was a good thing...the wait staff at Twin Peaks were wearing an "alternate" uniform during St. Patty's Week, I was afraid they all would catch a cold.

Nevada Don
03-17-2018, 09:19 PM
[QUOTE the wait staff at Twin Peaks were wearing an "alternate" uniform during St. Patty's Week, I was afraid they all would catch a cold.[/QUOTE]

There you go, thinking about the health and well-being of those young ladies.

bballbeachbum
03-17-2018, 10:09 PM
here's some feel good stats
Zags shot 31-58 for 53% with 27 misses, but also credited with 13 O boards to OSU 's 17 D boards in the battle of the misses
26 Zag D boards to OSU's 8 O boards

Zags11
03-18-2018, 12:34 AM
I'm glad we won for obvious reasons but buckeyes annoyed me.

Zag79
03-18-2018, 01:29 AM
I It was actually a little worried, as it’s always hard to be a good team twice… Especially one that you pounded the first time. Onion State wanted this rematch, and they got it. Seeing how the fellas built a 15–0 lead, only to lose it late due to officiating, threes, missed free throws, and regain it with a killer attitude of their own threes and a sick dunk to cap it off was really special. The fourth Sweet 16 in a row is a bit sweeter!

Zagger
03-18-2018, 03:55 AM
I It was actually a little worried, as it’s always hard to be a good team twice… Especially one that you pounded the first time. Onion State wanted this rematch, and they got it. Seeing how the fellas built a 15–0 lead, only to lose it late due to officiating, threes, missed free throws, and regain it with a killer attitude of their own threes and a sick dunk to cap it off was really special. The fourth Sweet 16 in a row is a bit sweeter!

My knees started knockin' ..... until I saw the looks on the faces of Josh and Snax - ones of deep concentration and determination. Those two were not going to let Ohio win. Rui feeling it helped cap things off. Bet his dunk helped erase some sketchy FT shooting feelings. Sweet 16!

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-18-2018, 04:32 AM
Congrats to Melson for becoming the first Zag to reach four Sweet-Sixteens.

jazzdelmar
03-18-2018, 05:22 AM
- I'm a nice guy, but I have to say the little mean part of me is so so so happy that we beat osu, and in doing so put dackich in place for his stupid pick of his son's team to win the tournament.

A jerk still, but a pass for being a dad and a B10 homer....

jazzdelmar
03-18-2018, 05:24 AM
I'm glad we won for obvious reasons but buckeyes annoyed me.

me too and I cant put my finger on it...Holtman seems a cool guy and Diop is a great great player without all the "look at me" stuff...something tho. maybe the refs giving them so many extra fouls.......

bballbeachbum
03-18-2018, 11:08 AM

yeah baby!!!
what's up 79 :cheers:

Zags11
03-18-2018, 11:43 AM
me too and I cant put my finger on it...Holtman seems a cool guy and Diop is a great great player without all the "look at me" stuff...something tho. maybe the refs giving them so many extra fouls.......

Idk what it was. They rubbed me the wrong way.

Reborn
03-18-2018, 11:55 AM
You should have seen my son Isaac. With about a minute to go in the game, during a time out, he get's up and puts on dance solo that blue my mind. I didn't know he could dance. It was the coolest dance I've ever seen. I told him not to celebrate too early because there was still a minute left in the game. He said, "no dad." I feel good. I feel it's over." And he continued to dance. It was a moment I wish I could have videoed it. But it was just so spontaneous and cool. What a way to express one's job, and release tension when one finally knows they got the victory. It was cool.....

Zags11
03-18-2018, 12:09 PM
You should have seen my son Isaac. With about a minute to go in the game, during a time out, he get's up and puts on dance solo that blue my mind. I didn't know he could dance. It was the coolest dance I've ever seen. I told him not to celebrate too early because there was still a minute left in the game. He said, "no dad." I feel good. I feel it's over." And he continued to dance. It was a moment I wish I could have videoed it. But it was just so spontaneous and cool. What a way to express one's job, and release tension when one finally knows they got the victory. It was cool.....

:000tens:

JPtheBeasta
03-18-2018, 01:22 PM
This game felt weightier than usual, and similar to the Northwestern game last year. There was a narrative for both and it seems like the officials tried to help it along both times (missed goal tend last year notwithstanding) It should have come as no surprise that JW3 would get into foul trouble via questionable calls in a game with a player like Bates-Diop, who the media love to elevate in their game coverage and create a story line around.

sullyzag66
03-18-2018, 01:27 PM

Holtman gave a ton of respect to coach Few and the Gonzaga program in the post-game presser.