PDA

View Full Version : PAC-12 Represents

TacomaZAG
03-16-2018, 06:42 AM
Way to go PAC-12!!!!

Lose two "play-in" games, followed by the Buffalo "beatdown" of mighty AZ.

0-3, thanks for coming, maybe next year.

ZAGS the only west coast area team to survive day 1, only two more play today (Nevada & New Mexico State).

Go ZAGS

TexasZagFan
03-16-2018, 06:48 AM
Way to go PAC-12!!!!

ZAGS the only west coast area team to survive day 1, only two more play today (Nevada & New Mexico State).

Go ZAGS

FWIW, they had a pretty good year last year. The sustained success of the Zags no doubt draws the attention of other conferences looking to expand. Those ten consecutive first round wins equal (at least) an additional $16+ million to a conference. Last year's run to the Final Four was worth $8+ million alone.

Alum08
03-16-2018, 07:03 AM
Way to go PAC-12!!!!

Go ZAGSHow could you forget mighty Cal State Fullerton?

Zagdawg
03-16-2018, 07:05 AM
Does Arizona make the dance next year-- no recruiting class and their entire starting lineup leaving?

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/03/16/deandre-ayton-allonzo-trier-announce-intention-to-enter-nba-draft/

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/03/16/2018-ncaa-tournament-no-13-buffalo-routs-no-4-arizona/

strikenowhere
03-16-2018, 07:07 AM
Does Arizona make the dance next year-- no recruiting class and their entire starting lineup leaving?

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2018/03/16/deandre-ayton-allonzo-trier-announce-intention-to-enter-nba-draft/

That would be a negative.

TacomaZAG
03-16-2018, 07:14 AM
How could you forget mighty Cal State Fullerton?

Sorry, A08, missed them on my bracket perusal.........

After today, the ZAGS could easily be the only remaining team from west of the Rockies............

OUCH!!

Go ZAGS

75Zag
03-16-2018, 07:26 AM
This year's collapse of the Pac-12 in men's BB is unfortunate for West Coast basketball fans. I don't want every High School superstar kid making the decision to play at Kansas or further east "because teams West of the Rockies - other than GU - all suck". There are a lot of talented kids who for whatever reason are not interested in Spokane, and I would rather see them in Eugene or Seattle or LA or Phoenix than elsewhere. Hopefully the recruiting classes of Arizona St., Oregon and UCLA will turn things around quickly for the Pac 12.

Go Bulldogs!

former1dog
03-16-2018, 07:34 AM
WCC is 4-1 in the post season this year

Wins by USD, USF, St. Mary's and Gonzaga. Loss by BYU to Stanford

PAC 12 is 5-3 in the post season

All wins occurred in the NIT

MWC is 0-2 in the post season

Losses by Boise State in the NIT and San Diego State to Houston in a heartbreaker!

If someone is interested, they should look up the WAC

So far, WCC is the best post season conference this season!

Bogozags
03-16-2018, 08:37 AM
WCC is 4-1 in the post season this year

Wins by USD, USF, St. Mary's and Gonzaga. Loss by BYU to Stanford

PAC 12 is 5-3 in the post season

All wins occurred in the NIT

MWC is 0-2 in the post season

Losses by Boise State in the NIT and San Diego State to Houston in a heartbreaker!

If someone is interested, they should look up the WAC

So far, WCC is the best post season conference this season!

SMC can take out another P12 school as they play UW...love to see another SMC blowout...

Martin Centre Mad Man
03-16-2018, 09:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ca_CcioVIAA-EZJ.jpg

SWZag
03-16-2018, 09:03 AM
SMC can take out another P12 school as they play UW...love to see another SMC blowout...

Amen to that!! Especially against UW @ SMC. They have claimed, as most non-informed have, that GU plays in high school gyms and the WCC schedule is weak. I'd love to see what UW says after going to Moraga and experiencing it just once. I hope it's a cakewalk and UW realizes that it's no walk-in-the-park to get road WCC wins.

Go SMC!

basketballzag
03-16-2018, 09:07 AM
Amen to that!! Especially against UW @ SMC. They have claimed, as most non-informed have, that GU plays in high school gyms and the WCC schedule is weak. I'd love to see what UW says after going to Moraga and experiencing it just once. I hope it's a cakewalk and UW realizes that it's no walk-in-the-park to get road WCC wins.

Go SMC!

https://i.imgflip.com/26iq1r.gif

thespywhozaggedme
03-16-2018, 09:17 AM

Looks like a boiled chicken. my eyes can never unsee that. Thanks

katman50
03-16-2018, 09:30 AM
I am ashamed to admit it, but I was a sucker and picked Arizona to make it to the F4 and beat the Zags in the semi-finals. What a fool was I.

JPtheBeasta
03-16-2018, 09:39 AM
I wouldn’t be surprised if Sean Miller doesn’t make it to next season as a Wildcat.

Larryzag
03-16-2018, 09:48 AM

There's some things you can't unsee.......

ZagsGoZags
03-16-2018, 10:03 AM
On the other hand, I won't be surprised if UW gives them more trouble than you think.

Bogozags
03-16-2018, 10:11 AM
I wouldn’t be surprised if Sean Miller doesn’t make it to next season as a Wildcat.

Right now his "cupboard" is bare...all five of his starters are gone and don't know if any undergrads will transfer...really a shame where this program has gone...

In one of my brackets, I had them in the FF...they played as if they would rather be watching Big Bang Theory...

JPtheBeasta
03-16-2018, 10:37 AM
Ayton and Trier have already declared for the draft, which is a bad look after they played so poorly yesterday. It kind of looked they had moved on from college at about the halfway mark of the first half.

basketballzag
03-16-2018, 10:37 AM
There's some things you can't unsee.......

The woman in the background said the same thing with her eyes.

TheOtherGreatOne
03-16-2018, 12:32 PM
Way to go PAC-12!!!!

Go ZAGS
I have a question. why do these high rated west coast players flock to these pac 12 teams, when they could come to the Zags and play in ncaa tournament and win every year ?

Zagceo
03-16-2018, 12:43 PM
I have a question. why do these high rated west coast players flock to these pac 12 teams, when they could come to the Zags and play in ncaa tournament and win every year ?

Which conference sends more players to the NBA?

Its about the destination not the journey for most elite players.

DixieZag
03-16-2018, 02:35 PM
I am ashamed to admit it, but I was a sucker and picked Arizona to make it to the F4 and beat the Zags in the semi-finals. What a fool was I.

I did the exact same damn thing. EXACT same thing.

75Zag
03-16-2018, 02:37 PM

GU is my school, a great school, a successful school, and a wonderful choice for many students, including both athletes and non-athletes. But GU is not for everyone, and Coach Few's program is definitely not for every ultra-talented BB player. I would hate to see the ultra-talented kids out of Seattle, Tacoma, Portland, Oakland, LA etc. abandon the Pac 12 and head to Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, UConn, etc. just because the Pac 12 has a down year or two or three. Those of us living west of Kansas deserve to have some high quality competitive local and regional teams to cheer for in addition to cheering for God's own chosen team the Gonzaga Bulldogs.

Go Bulldogs!

DixieZag
03-16-2018, 02:40 PM
Which conference sends more players to the NBA?

Its about the destination not the journey for most elite players.

It's not like those are bad places to undertake their "journey," though.

I get what you're saying.

But, I am not going to fault a kid who chooses UCLA, Stanford, Cal or UW - those schools have great academics, beautiful campuses, have at times been extremely well-coached (maybe not UW, though maybe now), and had great teams at times.

So, it's not like they're making a "stupid" decision. I happen to think GU is a "better" decision, but everyone's different and I don't think that someone is committing an unforced error by accepting a scholarship (or $100,000 as the case may be) at one of those schools.

Zagricultural
03-16-2018, 10:11 PM

I'm so pumped, because I actually picked the Arizona and Miami upsets. Unfortunately I had UVA going all the way to the final four.

krozman
03-16-2018, 10:54 PM
You gotta wonder if Sean Miller is glad that the biggest story of the tournament is not going to be how his team got decimated en route to a massive program rebuild. Thanks Virginia!