sittingon50
03-15-2018, 09:36 PM
http://en.bloguru.com/GloryHounds/319719/the-showstoppingest-of-all-zag-stats

TexasZagFan
03-15-2018, 09:42 PM
17-3 in opening round games...wow.

soccerdud
03-15-2018, 09:59 PM
lol, oh man-- this time there SHOULD be an apostrophe. god love you man. :)

eta: actually, that was on purpose, wasn't it? would serve me right.

sittingon50
03-15-2018, 10:45 PM
lol, oh man-- this time there SHOULD be an apostrophe. god love you man. :)

eta: actually, that was on purpose, wasn't it? would serve me right.

No dud, I'll fess up. English was absolutely my worst subject all those year's ago. I never figured out proper punctuation.

Math was another thing though. I was a wiz with my abacus. Used to call me "Flying Fingers" (do I use an apostrophe there?)

soccerdud
03-15-2018, 10:54 PM
No dud, I'll fess up. English was absolutely my worst subject all those year's ago. I never figured out proper punctuation.

Math was another thing though. I was a wiz with my abacus. Used to call me "Flying Fingers" (do I use an apostrophe there?)

ah, awesome. sometimes my ocd shows, sorry for saying anything.

and nope, no apostrophe in that one :)

Zagsker
03-15-2018, 10:56 PM

Right...thats a badass stat

sittingon50
03-15-2018, 10:58 PM

No sweat dud. :)

maynard g krebs
03-15-2018, 11:04 PM
lol, oh man-- this time there SHOULD be an apostrophe.

Frank Zappa fan?

CDC84
03-15-2018, 11:33 PM

It's simply one of the most underappreciated stats in college basketball. And none of the losses have been shockers.

billyberu
03-15-2018, 11:37 PM
Frank Zappa fan?It's the crux of the biscuit.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Birddog
03-16-2018, 03:47 AM
That piece was Jack Webb channeling Withers; "Just give me the facts Maam, nothing but the facts".

TexasZagFan
03-16-2018, 05:50 AM
It's simply one of the most underappreciated stats in college basketball. And none of the losses have been shockers.

I believe the suitors for Gonzaga know that stat very well. Those 17 wins alone have pumped over $25 million into the WCC, assuming we had the autobid every year...which we haven't.

I was a bit testy last night, after spending time at godisagael. A couple of Gaels, both who have posted here, were crossing their fingers hoping UNCG would beat us...if only to take us fans down a notch. The other comment was about the "financial windfall" for the remaining teams if the Zags and BYU bolted for greener pastures.

Whatever, they're also buying RB's bull$hit, i.e. everybody's lying about their scheduling, except him.

Zagcity
03-16-2018, 06:22 AM
Who are the team's GU lost to and when during that 17-3 span?

Goshzagit
03-16-2018, 06:29 AM
Who are the team's GU lost to and when during that 17-3 span?

2008 - Davidson (7)

2007 - Indiana (10)

2002 - Wyoming (6)

- our seed in parentheses

yes, we survived back-to-back opening rd losses as fans (I know, right?).

bballbeachbum
03-16-2018, 08:14 AM
2008 - Davidson (7)

2007 - Indiana (10)

2002 - Wyoming (6)

- our seed in parentheses

yes, we survived back-to-back opening rd losses as fans (I know, right?).

haha
on the 2007 team, it overcame the arrest distractions and loss of Heytvelt, all in February, and had to win the WCC tournament just to get in. that team accomplished a lot anyway. the other two are classic matchup/location challenges, it's not like the committee doesn't know what it's doing, what time they schedule the games, etc., they do. Yesterday could have been another but Few's program much more mature and prepared and knowing about all the shenanigans now having experienced them, my opinion, and that intangible knowledge matters in the mental/emotional prep and showed up. It's not just that but it helps imo

MontanaCoyote
03-16-2018, 09:32 AM

There are 3 kinds of people; Those who understand math and those who don’t.

Zagger
03-16-2018, 10:04 AM

Ha! I might interject ..... learned a couple of fun abbreviations on vacation: EOG and CRS. EOG = Early Onset Grumpiness. CRS = Can't Remember S _ _ _! Both are likely good things to have in coping with OCD ;)

Lewey
03-16-2018, 10:17 AM
And these wins aren’t against the bottom of the WCC. You have to admit that Few’s win percentage wouldn’t be as high in a tougher conference. But wow, 17-3 in the first round of the tourney?!?