PDA

View Full Version : NCAA post game radio-GU/UNCG

Section 116
03-15-2018, 12:11 PM
Hudson and Morrison: With under two minutes to play Norvell hits the big three. Double double for J3. J3 stops by briefly for a bit on the radio: It was a tough battle. Alonso had a great game, I just want to thank God. I kinda struggled the first part of the game but then it came to me and my teammates got me the ball. Norvell has a ton of confidence and I respect him for that!

Back to Hudson and Morrison: The Bulldogs escape 68-64 over UNCG. GU protected the lead for the majority of the ballgame but UNCG was able to come all the way back on a nice tip by Kuiper. Perk and Norvell had the big shots at the end. Perk takes the big two with a lot left on the clock. If he misses that we probably all go home. The stat lines of this game are as close as the final score FG% GU 42.4; UNCG 41.8: 3 point GU 21% UNCG 13.6%. Free throw GU 52, UNCG 50%. Wow, that's all I got says Hudson. Comin into this thing this looked liked a dangerous team. We watched them yesterday. This was a really tough out. UNCG really took it to us down the stretch. Coach Miller really made some nice adjustments down the stretch. AMMO says my heart hasn't been racing like this in probably five years. UNCG out rebounds the Zags 44-39. AMMO-When we built that nine point lead I thought OK, the Spartans are going to go away bu they didn't. Dickey just scraps and hustles and fights. That guy is tough. Corey Kispert off the bench in the first half helped spark the stagnant Zags. Here's a kid who is averaging 1.7 in the last four games and he comes off the bench to finish with 8. Kudos to him off the glass as well as he picked up three rebounds. Bulldogs would lead by twelve twice in the game, last time 46-34. From there though UNCG got going offensively, the Zags shut down their three point shooter up to that point. But UNCG guards Troy and Alonso combined 1-9 shooting threes which the Zags took away from them but to their credit they found other ways to score. Alonso Troy and Smith finish 1-16 from three, I think they said.. At 64-64 the Zags get a stop, Perkins to Norvell, and Snax drills a huge three. The only Zag who took care of busines at the free throw line, Norvell 7-8. AMMO-I honestly tip my hat to the Spartans. Hats off to the ref for making the gutsy call on Alonso who pushed Melson for the foul late in the game. However you can't shoot 13-25 from the line if you expect to win another game in this tournament. AMMO called Snax three one of the biggest shots in GU NCAA tournament basketball history.

Michaelson. Hudson says," Just like we drew it up huh. Mike?" We told our guys it was going to be like this. We were a little tighter than I would have liked. We really did a good job on their three point shooting. They were plus 7 on the glass coming in, we know it was going to be tough. They pressed Perk on every possession and he only had 2 TO's and neither was against the press. Two great efforts from Kispert, his three was huge and his defense was great. Our defense in the first half was the one of the best we have had all season. Dickey is a heckuva player and J3 was just great on him all day. He was fantastic. Hudson-This is ten straight years the Zags have won an NCAA 1st round game. BMike also noted though the Zags were outrebounded GU did a great job on the defensive glass but I missed the numbers.

Hudson: J3 19 and 13. When he came over for the post game interview he was just dripping with sweat. AMMo J3 just gave everything he had tonight. Perk play 36 minutes and he has put together a really nice run here at the end of the season. Novell also in double figures, and though he was poor shooting from the field he was the one guy who made his free throws. His late shot was no don't shoot from out there, you have to drive to the hoop and then yes, yes, yes. UNCG did a good job on the rotation to shut down Tillie who was only 1-6 and finished with 2. At the end of the day holding UNCG to 3-22 from three was what won this game. This team was way better than that during the season, and 3 three pointers tied a season low for the Spartans. The Bulldogs will play on Saturday and we have no idea what time that will be until way later in the day. That's what I got, enjoy!

Birddog
03-15-2018, 12:37 PM
Nice report, I can feel the release of tension from your words.

TerpZag
03-15-2018, 12:56 PM
Thanks as always, Section116...Great job...

Zagcity
03-15-2018, 01:05 PM
Thanks as always, Section116...Great job...

Yes, much appreciated

zagamatic
03-15-2018, 01:05 PM
I was not able to watch the game, but I did listen and Ammo seemed less than impressed with the officiating several times. I can't wait to get home and turn on the dvr

Section 116
03-15-2018, 01:14 PM
You are exactly right Birddog. I could hardly get my fingers to move!

Zagger
03-15-2018, 01:40 PM
My knees are still knocking .... I hate watching the Zags on TV when it's close late in a game. I do much better when it's in person. Might have to try and get a ticket for the next game :)
Thanks 116!

former1dog
03-15-2018, 01:55 PM
My knees are still knocking .... I hate watching the Zags on TV when it's close late in a game. I do much better when it's in person. Might have to try and get a ticket for the next game :)
Thanks 116!

Do it!

SWZag
03-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Hudson and Morrison: With under two minutes to play Norvell hits the big three. Double double for J3. J3 stops by briefly for a bit on the radio: It was a tough battle. Alonso had a great game, I just want to thank God. I kinda struggled the first part of the game but then it came to me and my teammates got me the ball. Norvell has a ton of confidence and I respect him for that!

Back to Hudson and Morrison: The Bulldogs escape 68-64 over UNCG. GU protected the lead for the majority of the ballgame but UNCG was able to come all the way back on a nice tip by Kuiper. Perk and Norvell had the big shots at the end. Perk takes the big two with a lot left on the clock. If he misses that we probably all go home. The stat lines of this game are as close as the final score FG% GU 42.4; UNCG 41.8: 3 point GU 21% UNCG 13.6%. Free throw GU 52, UNCG 50%. Wow, that's all I got says Hudson. Comin into this thing this looked liked a dangerous team. We watched them yesterday. This was a really tough out. UNCG really took it to us down the stretch. Coach Miller really made some nice adjustments down the stretch. AMMO says my heart hasn't been racing like this in probably five years. UNCG out rebounds the Zags 44-39. AMMO-When we built that nine point lead I thought OK, the Spartans are going to go away bu they didn't. Dickey just scraps and hustles and fights. That guy is tough. Corey Kispert off the bench in the first half helped spark the stagnant Zags. Here's a kid who is averaging 1.7 in the last four games and he comes off the bench to finish with 8. Kudos to him off the glass as well as he picked up three rebounds. Bulldogs would lead by twelve twice in the game, last time 46-34. From there though UNCG got going offensively, the Zags shut down their three point shooter up to that point. But UNCG guards Troy and Alonso combined 1-9 shooting threes which the Zags took away from them but to their credit they found other ways to score. Alonso Troy and Smith finish 1-16 from three, I think they said.. At 64-64 the Zags get a stop, Perkins to Norvell, and Snax drills a huge three. The only Zag who took care of busines at the free throw line, Norvell 7-8. AMMO-I honestly tip my hat to the Spartans. Hats off to the ref for making the gutsy call on Alonso who pushed Melson for the foul late in the game. However you can't shoot 13-25 from the line if you expect to win another game in this tournament. AMMO called Snax three one of the biggest shots in GU NCAA tournament basketball history.

Michaelson. Hudson says," Just like we drew it up huh. Mike?" We told our guys it was going to be like this. We were a little tighter than I would have liked. We really did a good job on their three point shooting. They were plus 7 on the glass coming in, we know it was going to be tough. They pressed Perk on every possession and he only had 2 TO's and neither was against the press. Two great efforts from Kispert, his three was huge and his defense was great. Our defense in the first half was the one of the best we have had all season. Dickey is a heckuva player and J3 was just great on him all day. He was fantastic. Hudson-This is ten straight years the Zags have won an NCAA 1st round game. BMike also noted though the Zags were outrebounded GU did a great job on the defensive glass but I missed the numbers.

Hudson: J3 19 and 13. When he came over for the post game interview he was just dripping with sweat. AMMo J3 just gave everything he had tonight. Perk play 36 minutes and he has put together a really nice run here at the end of the season. Novell also in double figures, and though he was poor shooting from the field he was the one guy who made his free throws. His late shot was no don't shoot from out there, you have to drive to the hoop and then yes, yes, yes. UNCG did a good job on the rotation to shut down Tillie who was only 1-6 and finished with 2. At the end of the day holding UNCG to 3-22 from three was what won this game. This team was way better than that during the season, and 3 three pointers tied a season low for the Spartans. The Bulldogs will play on Saturday and we have no idea what time that will be until way later in the day. That's what I got, enjoy!

For a team that struggled defending the 3 all year, they sure held down the 3s when it counts!

Thanks for the rundown 116.

Zagceo
03-16-2018, 12:38 PM
No mention of crowd

Very bad support for being a 6 hour drive from campus...