PDA

View Full Version : Zags in the finals vs. Michigan St. - somebody talk me off the Tourney ledge!

strikenowhere
03-14-2018, 08:36 PM
Every year I struggle with where to have the Zags bow out. Last year I had them winning it all and got agonizingly close. This year I am once again struggling with where to REALISTICALLY have them losing. Right now I have them bowing out in the Finals to Michigan St. (going through UNGC, Ohio St., Xavier, Michigan, & Cincinnati). Somebody please talk some sense into me!

gonzagafan62
03-14-2018, 08:56 PM
Idk just me personally I think tomorrow will be close. I hope I’m wrong and we win by 20 lol

upan8th
03-14-2018, 09:00 PM
GU's senior leadership last year was exceptional. Missing this year. Xavier has it. Might want to consider that. Any help?

Goshzagit
03-14-2018, 09:05 PM
our guards are going to have to play at another level if we expect to return to the finals.

our bigs are versatile and talented enough to play with anyone, but need more punch from Silas & Josh. Norvell will be fearless, I know that much.

They've been tremendous down the stretch, really playing smart, controlled basketball. Taking care of the ball.

Loved the mix of aggression and setting others up in the WCC final.

Will need a Herculean effort from our lead guards, scoring, passing, shooting to advance. they have the ability.

From the start of the season 'til now, I've felt the same way about this squad -- said the same thing back in November -- if this group makes it to the 2nd Wkend, it'd be a huge success imo. This team lacks some key pieces compared to last year, just different, but realistically a S16 type team. Anything beyond would be gravy.

That is why a 4 seed plays the 1 in Sweet 16.

Given the field this year, and how wide open its been, we could overachieve and make it back to the Promised Land. It would be insane, luck, help, and A-games across the board.

Just think how much last yr's group struggled/fought, every game was close, save Elite 8.

At the end of the day, I'm just hoping to extend our streak of opening round wins to 10! unreal!

Pleasant Peninsula
03-14-2018, 10:24 PM
I have Duke.

Beating Michigan State in the SW16, and ultimately advancing to the championship.

Where they will face Gonzaga.

Zags 73-72.

I am in several bracket contests, but I submit the same bracket to them all.

EEzag
03-14-2018, 10:54 PM
I have Duke.

Beating Michigan State in the SW16, and ultimately advancing to the championship.

Where they will face Gonzaga.

Zags 73-72.

I am in several bracket contests, but I submit the same bracket to them all.

Zags over mich state 73 72. Holy cow.

TexasZagFan
03-14-2018, 11:10 PM
One game at a time, fellas.