PDA

View Full Version : Is DeAngelo Casto Back at Ferris?

Zag 77
10-30-2007, 09:36 PM
Rumor on a Spokesman-Review blog tonight suggested that a 6'8" kid was back at Ferris HS in Spokane attending classes this week.

If it is Casto, is it a foregone conclusion that he will be given eligibility to play by the local WIAA District body? As long as he states some remotely plausible explanation for continuing to be a vagabond transferring from Freeman to Ferris to Franklin (Seattle) and back to Ferris, they will just give him a pass, won't they?

zaguarxj
10-31-2007, 06:36 AM
This morning's fish-wrap says he is back at Ferris. The article said that they don't know if he will be eligible to play or not.

SunDevilGolfZag
10-31-2007, 06:37 AM
My child who attends Ferris says he's back

gamagin
10-31-2007, 06:54 AM
and wish him well.

I've seen him play and he's a man. Incredible wingspan and dominant player. Definitely has a future in college and beyond.

So whatever he can get in the way of a family at Ferris, well, I'm all for that, too.

I think this enviroment will be better for him than any other, given he's familiar with it, has friends and supporters, and can enjoy his senior year and keep on growing on and off the court.

finechina2003
10-31-2007, 06:58 AM
gamagin - Well said! My sentiments exactly.

zagco
10-31-2007, 07:16 AM
I watched the title game last year on television--you could watch it in Boise on Fox NW. He's a beast, but Ferris had several players that were really good. I don't get the move. It just seems very, very weird. However, you really don't know where someone is coming from unless you live a day in their shoes. With respect to rules, it would have seemed a lot stranger for him to be allowed to play at Franklin than it would for him to play again for the same team he played for last year.

CDC84
10-31-2007, 07:28 AM
It wouldn't surprise me to see him go the juco route or the Big Sky route ala Rodney Stuckey, but we'll see. It is to my understanding that the domestic situation is not what you would call ideal.

lawzag
10-31-2007, 07:32 AM
Kid's an awesome player - best of luck to him with his bkb future. I just wish that both he and his coaches/teachers would put as much effort in his educational future. I too have heard he struggles academically. There is life outside of bkb that requires certain skills such as reading and basic math - hopefully Ferris will give him those skills.

Zag 77
10-31-2007, 08:53 AM
Who knows if this is true, but something from the blogosphere:

"d was expelled from Franklin for trying to steal a printer. He is currently "living" with an assistant coach of the saxon bball program."

gamagin
10-31-2007, 10:07 AM
<< From S-R blog Who knows if this is true, but something from the blogosphere: >>

this seems to me like a cheap, anon., shot that doesn't deserve onpassing.

spudzag
10-31-2007, 10:22 AM
Who knows if this is true, but something from the blogosphere:

"d was expelled from Franklin for trying to steal a printer. He is currently "living" with an assistant coach of the saxon bball program."

Best of luck to him sorting his life out.

dim4sum
10-31-2007, 01:40 PM
He's Div. 1 material, but let's not exaggerate his ability. Pac 10, maybe an eighth or ninth man, a ten-minute a game guy. But definitely a Big Sky or WCC starter, other than GU. The guy I think is a real sleeper, with the right genes, is Shawn Stockton. He's the reason the team went all the way last year, which was a down year for prep basketball in Washington state, without any stoppers of note in the paint. Stockton knows how to win, a very cohesive player, kind of a silent assassin, not as good a shot as Gray, but possibly fundamentally sounder in other aspects of the game, mainly leadership.

finechina2003
11-01-2007, 06:51 AM
This thread bothered me last night because of some of the accusations that were made about DeAngelo. Last night I ran into a man who had more details about DeAngelo from a very reliable source. Who was my source and what were the details? I'm not going to say ... only that I was relieved to hear some of the personal details. My point is that the strength of this board is that it talks, mostly, about the nuts and bolts of Gonzaga basketball. The rumors, insinuations, hearsay and just plain gossip about a player's and/or family's personal life have no place on this board. Put yourself in the position of the player or family. Would you want people prying into your personal life? Let's continue to keep the focus on Gonzaga basketball - there's a lot of great things to discuss!