PDA

View Full Version : All glue guy team

Once and Future Zag
03-13-2018, 01:17 PM
https://theathletic.com/269303/2018/03/13/he-makes-his-points-by-passing-uncs-theo-pinson-leads-the-19th-annual-all-glue-team/

BYU junior guard Elijah Bryant is one of the most dynamic scorers in the West Coast Conference. His 17.9 average ranks third in the league, and he is fifth in field goal percentage (49.1) and 3-point percentage (41.5). Yet, in three games against Gonzaga, Bryant averaged 10.3 points and shot 26.1 percent from the floor, including a combined 3 for 22 from 3-point range.
Why such a stark discrepancy? Bryant’s coach, Dave Rose, knows the answer: Silas Melson.

Prior members:
2013: Mike Hart,(captain)
2008: David Pendergraft
2005: Erroll Knight
2003: Erroll Knight

ZAG 4 LIFE
03-13-2018, 03:09 PM
Nice of Coach Rose, except Norvell Jr. defended Bryant most of the time, as Silas was locking
up Haws nicely.

OntZags
03-13-2018, 03:39 PM
The All Glue Team:

Captain - Theo Pinson, UNC
Dakota Mathias - Purdue
Devon Hall - Virginia
Rashard Kelly - Wichita St.
Rawle Atkins - Arizona
Silas Melson - Gonzaga

OZZY
03-13-2018, 04:01 PM
The All Glue Team:

Captain - Theo Pinson, UNC
Dakota Mathias - Purdue
Devon Hall - Virginia
Rashard Kelly - Wichita St.
Rawle Atkins - Arizona
Silas Melson - Gonzaga

Great for Silas to be recognised on a National scale....

Hopefully his defensive prowess will be in the spotlight for another 6 games.....

:)

FuManShoes
03-13-2018, 06:03 PM
Is The Athletic worth the cost? I'm intrigued.

RenoZag
03-13-2018, 06:54 PM
A big part of Melson’s effectiveness as a defender is his attention to deatil. “If he’s supposed to go over the screen, he does it. He’s great at moving his feet, and he’s willing to take a charge if he needs to,” Few says. Melson also brings a toughness to the task that belies his quiet, introverted nature. Melson’s father, Tony, often jokes that “if you can get 11 words out of him, it means he likes you.” Yet Melson is a popular target for the media when it comes to hunting quotes in postgame locker rooms. He may not say a whole lot, but when he does, he makes his words count. That’s how glue guys roll.

.. .

RenoZag
03-13-2018, 06:55 PM

If you have the time to check in on it regularly, I think it is. Writing is good and the customization is cool. Its coverage of NCAA hoops is very good.

Radbooks
03-13-2018, 09:08 PM

I think it is. I got rid of my ESPN subscription and signed up with the Athletic site. Much better writers there (many of them were at ESPN before). I think they have trials you can sign up for to check it out.