PDA

View Full Version : WD-40 RUST REMOVER PLEASE

MontanaCoyote
03-12-2018, 07:54 AM
9 Day’s of rust, shaking it off a must.

How do you do that?*

* SD State last year. Were not we a little rusty? Does a team just “work it off “ .......or not?

School me, please.

bartruff1
03-12-2018, 07:56 AM
Very intense practices...... and the first half.....should do it...Few has years of experience with this and his success in the first games is remarkable.

Birddog
03-12-2018, 08:37 AM
Hey Coyote, speaking of rust, do you know how to open your PM's? It's at the very top of the page, scroll up, click "notifications". Just one old fart to another.

TexasZagFan
03-12-2018, 08:43 AM
The Karnac in me sees early morning practices on the Zags schedule this week.

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-12-2018, 09:31 AM
The Karnac in me sees early morning practices on the Zags schedule this week.

Yeah, I was thinking same thing. Have practice time mimic game time every day this week..as best they can.

JPtheBeasta
03-12-2018, 10:14 AM
Few has said in multiple interviews that he uses this time to install new plays and work on game scenarios. I would guess that they are working on breaking the press and end-of-game management, given their problems with both of these.

FlyZag
03-12-2018, 11:03 AM
7 straight years winning the first game. Last loss was to someone named "Steph Curry" whoever that is... I think we've figured it out

TexasZagFan
03-12-2018, 11:06 AM
7 straight years winning the first game. Last loss was to someone named "Steph Curry" whoever that is... I think we've figured it out

9 not 7.

former1dog
03-12-2018, 11:11 AM
I have gained confidence over the last 9 years, but especially the last 3 that Coach Few and staff have become maestro's in properly peaking their teams correctly at the end of the season. They are masters of creating a game plan and at instilling that game plan with the team. If we get beat, its going to be because the other team is just plain old better than us. Or, in the case of last years national championship game that the refs didn't do their job.

CDC84
03-12-2018, 01:12 PM
I will say this, Gonzaga has only lost 3 games in the first round since Few took over as head coach. Whether the team is rusty or not, that is a remarkable stat. And none of the three losses were total shockers. One year GU just wasn't as good as Indiana. Another year GU got screwed with seeding and location. And another year GU got a taste of what Steph Curry can do (a stone's throw away from his campus).

I really hope the team is working on its press breakers (for late game situations) and its zone defense.

Hoopaholic
03-12-2018, 01:13 PM
I will say this, Gonzaga has only lost 3 games in the first round since Few took over as head coach. Whether the team is rusty or not, that is a remarkable stat. And none of the three losses were total shockers. One year GU just wasn't as good as Indiana. Another year GU got screwed with seeding and location. And another year GU got a taste of what Steph Curry can do (a stone's throw away from his campus).

It amazes me how some still have a PERCEPTION that we are not good on first round games.....

CDC84
03-12-2018, 03:04 PM
It shows you that Few really knows how to prep the team during the layoff, and yes, it has helped that there isn't as much off time off as there used to be with the title game being on Tuesday.

It also shows you that if you give him 3-4 days to prep for a team, he's hard to beat. This is one area where being in the WCC might help GU. They don't get too big for their britches when facing a team like UNC-Greensboro. They understand that teams like this can take you out.

JPtheBeasta
03-12-2018, 06:15 PM
It shows you that Few really knows how to prep the team during the layoff, and yes, it has helped that there isn't as much off time off as there used to be with the title game being on Tuesday.

It also shows you that if you give him 3-4 days to prep for a team, he's hard to beat. This is one area where being in the WCC might help GU. They don't get too big for their britches when facing a team like UNC-Greensboro. They understand that teams like this can take you out.

Good point about the WCC. No team should ever sneak up on a Mark Few team because they find a way to push aside that mentality all season.