PDA

View Full Version : Ian Mahinmi makes NBA debut

CDC84
10-30-2007, 07:40 PM
Some of you may remember Ian who was all scheduled to come Gonzaga but who opted to put his name into the draft. He ended up getting drafted in the 1st round by the Spurs. I was wondering why he didn't play in the D-League last season. Apparently he played overseas in France. I initially thought the Spurs encouraged this to prevent another affiliated team from calling Ian up, but it looks as though the only team linked with the Austin D-League squad are the Spurs.

Ian is still 6-10 and is now up to 230. His body is filling out quite nicely. It will be interesting to see him play when the Spurs blow out someone early. He only played one minute tonight.

Gonzaga's coaching staff really wanted him.....

GreenStreetElite
10-30-2007, 08:32 PM
I thought that was him...I was even telling my roommates about him and the Zags but none of them believed me, but now that I have CDC behind me I know I was right

zagmantis2001
10-31-2007, 06:56 AM
He sat behind me at one of the games in the Spokane Arena-can't remember which. I think it was Ronny's last year--and he said that he was thinking about coming to Gonzaga.

xjzico
10-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Was Johan Petro of the Sonics, and a friend Turiaf's, ever linked to Gonzaga? It seems l read somewhere there might have been some interest.