PDA

View Full Version : Selection Sunday Games

Zagsker
03-10-2018, 06:52 PM
I think they should get rid of championship games played on selection Sunday. Gives the committee a complete 24 hours to evaluate without any potential hiccups. Thoughts?

If we all agree, I will move forward with implementation

DixieZag
03-10-2018, 07:22 PM
I think they should get rid of championship games played on selection Sunday. Gives the committee a complete 24 hours to evaluate without any potential hiccups. Thoughts?

If we all agree, I will move forward with implementation

Agree

Hoopaholic
03-10-2018, 07:27 PM
Only if they do selection show at noon est so I can enjoy my coffee with something ncaa basketball related

Otherwise I would be left with no excuse and be forced to engage in my honey do list

Zagsker
03-10-2018, 07:31 PM
Only if they do selection show at noon est so I can enjoy my coffee with something ncaa basketball related

Otherwise I would be left with no excuse and be forced to engage in my honey do list

Don't tell the wife, just run a replay of some game

btzag
03-10-2018, 07:35 PM
Disagree.

This idea is totally logical and therefore does not jibe with NCAA protocol. We will continue to see last minute games, ridiculous statistical measures used and weird things like quadrant systems.

caduceus
03-10-2018, 07:43 PM
David Worlock (NCAA media) tweet:

The drama of Sunday: One team is the biggest Rhode Island fan in the world tomorrow. A Davidson win knocks them out. (And no, I can't tell you who that is.) Find out at 6 p.m. ET with the selection show in TBS.

https://twitter.com/DavidWorlock/status/972676058880315392

Anybody think it might be a WCC team that refused a game with URI this year? That would be ironic.

Hoopaholic
03-10-2018, 07:51 PM
Don't tell the wife, just run a replay of some game

Haaa. That I could do

willandi
03-10-2018, 09:38 PM
I do agree that the Sunday games should end well before the selection show. It is all done for TV, so there is no reason that it can't be done right...much like ESPN should allow an extra 15-30 minutes between games. They NEVER last just 2 hours.

RenoZag
03-11-2018, 07:40 AM
Zagsker, I agree with you, but I think there's a lot of revenue being generated by the five tournaments that finish today. . .filthy lucre trumps common sense, etc.

Maybe you should throw your hat in the ring to be the new commissioner of the WCC. . .they will need a good one soon.