PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Anton Watson Seattle Times All State Player of the Year

Zagdawg
03-10-2018, 04:59 PM
Jim Meehan

@SRJimm
8m8 minutes ago
More
Gonzaga Prep’s Anton Watson, a GU commit, Seattle Times’ player of year. GU commit Brock Ravet makes All-State team - https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/high-school/gonzaga-preps-anton-watson-leads-seattle-times-all-state-boys-basketball-team-as-player-of-year/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=article_title_1.1 … via @seattletimes

The Seattle Times All-State team

F Kevin Porter Jr., Rainier Beach, 6-5, Sr.

The USC commit was named MVP of the Metro League after averaging 28 points and 12 rebounds per game during the regular season. Beach finished as Class 3A state runner-up.

F Jaden McDaniels, Federal Way, 6-9, Jr.

The co-MVP of the NPSL Olympic Division led the Eagles to a Class 4A state runner-up finish. He averaged 21.3 points, 10 rebounds and 4.6 blocks during the regular-season.

F Anton Watson, Gonzaga Prep, 6-7, Jr.

Named the Class 4A state tournament MVP, the Gonzaga commit averaged 21.9 points and 8.1 rebounds.

G PJ Fuller, Garfield, 6-4, Jr.

The four-star recruit averaged 17.7 points, 6.8 rebounds, 5.0 assists and 3.2 steals per game during the Bulldogs’ regular-season. Garfield won the Class 3A state championship.

G Erik Stevenson, Timberline, 6-4, Sr.

Broke six Class 3A state tournament records, including total points (118), in a program-best fourth-place finish. The Wichita State commit averaged 24.7 points and 7.1 rebounds.

G Brock Ravet, Kittitas, 6-1, Jr.

The Gonzaga commit averaged 31 points, 9.0 assists, 8.8 rebounds and 3.3 steals per game in leading the Coyotes to their second consecutive Class 2B state championship. Was named Gatorade state player of the year.

23dpg
03-10-2018, 05:05 PM
:clap:

jazzdelmar
03-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Any shot at McDaniels?

seacatfan
03-10-2018, 06:19 PM
Obvious bias by the Seattle Times towards GU recruits. :rolleyes:

seacatfan
03-10-2018, 06:24 PM
Will the B Roy/UW connection send Fuller to play for Hopkins?

I don't think even during his heyday Romar had as much of a lock on the South Sound area as he did the Seattle schools (Garfield, Beach, etc.). This McDaniels is the younger sibling of the RS frosh McDaniels at SDSU, yes?

TexasZagFan
03-10-2018, 06:37 PM
O/T, but I'd like to see Mr. Drew Timme join those two in Spokane in 2019.

23dpg
03-10-2018, 06:44 PM
Will the B Roy/UW connection send Fuller to play for Hopkins?

I don't think even during his heyday Romar had as much of a lock on the South Sound area as he did the Seattle schools (Garfield, Beach, etc.). This McDaniels is the younger sibling of the RS frosh McDaniels at SDSU, yes?
Yes

cggonzaga
03-10-2018, 08:12 PM
O/T, but I'd like to see Mr. Drew Timme join those two in Spokane in 2019.

Wait..what? You do???

JPtheBeasta
03-10-2018, 08:18 PM
Wait..what? You do???

Haha. Sorry, Tex, but that was funny. I'm appreciative of all of the updates, btw. If he doesn't end up a Zag, I have no choice but to follow his career :)

maynard g krebs
03-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Any shot at McDaniels?

No idea, but I love his game. Poor man's Durant; skinny as a rail, but ran point a lot in the semifinal game I saw for Fed Way (they didn't really seem to have a pg); great handling/passing/vision for a guy his size, and can shoot the 3, drive and dish, good post moves and can score on 3 levels.

Francis Williams, who knows the Seattle scene as well as anyone and did commentary for the championship game, said he thinks he's better than his brother at SDSU.

WallaWallaZag
03-10-2018, 10:01 PM
No idea, but I love his game. Poor man's Durant; skinny as a rail, but ran point a lot in the semifinal game I saw for Fed Way (they didn't really seem to have a pg); great handling/passing/vision for a guy his size, and can shoot the 3, drive and dish, good post moves and can score on 3 levels.

Francis Williams, who knows the Seattle scene as well as anyone and did commentary for the championship game, said he thinks he's better than his brother at SDSU.

he's got a better overall game than his bro...especially on the perimeter. his bro at sdsu is a post player with a decent mid-range game but is too skinny to play in the post. both are very long and bouncy...

Mantua
03-11-2018, 09:04 AM
Did we even try to recruit Jaden McDaniels’ older brother Jalen?

Mantua
03-11-2018, 10:21 AM

McDaniels reminds me of De’Aaron Fox.

jazzdelmar
03-11-2018, 01:48 PM
Any McD shot for Watson?

cggonzaga
03-11-2018, 02:34 PM
Any McD shot for Watson?

I think so but he’ll have to have a big summer.