• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OCzag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Mar 2018

Tillie and Rui pro scouting

Pretty interesting analysis of Rui and Tillie from Sam Vecenie on his podcast. According to Sam, Rui informed him he plans on returning next year. Starts at approx 33 min mark
  • Radbooks
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2007

Thanks!!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• cggonzaga
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by OCzag View Post
      Pretty interesting analysis of Rui and Tillie from Sam Vecenie on his podcast. According to Sam, Rui informed him he plans on returning next year. Starts at approx 33 min mark
      https://t.co/rqbaZFaPwl
      That’s great news! Has a shot at All American next season imo.

Comment

• gonstu
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

If true that’s great news. Maybe a guard grad transfer next (if Perkins gone)

Comment

• raise the zag
          Zag for Life
          • May 2011

Originally posted by cggonzaga View Post
          That’s great news! Has a shot at All American next season imo.
          Pretty certain everyone on the board, including the 'insiders', have stated and expected Rui to return next season.

There have been a couple of WHAT IF's, yet only heard about him returning.

Tillie, on the other hand, has been the opposite.

Seem like he was expected to leave before the season began. Pretty consistent message here...he is making plans to declare unless something unexpected occurs, or feedback isn't what he hopes for.

Would love to see them both return.

Comment

• OCzag
            Bulldog Fan
            • Mar 2018

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post

Seem like he was expected to leave before the season began. Pretty consistent message here...he is making plans to declare unless something unexpected occurs, or feedback isn't what he hopes for.

Would love to see them both return.
            I would like to see Tillie return, but if Tillie gets feedback similar to what Sam is saying, he’s gone and he should leave. If a team takes him in the first round, I don’t see Tillie materially improving his stock by returning. I generally like Sam’s stuff, but I think he may be ranking Tillie a little higher than what pro teams have.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OCzag View Post
              I would like to see Tillie return, but if Tillie gets feedback similar to what Sam is saying, he’s gone and he should leave. If a team takes him in the first round, I don’t see Tillie materially improving his stock by returning. I generally like Sam’s stuff, but I think he may be ranking Tillie a little higher than what pro teams have.
              I'm leaning a bit in the opposite direction: there are times when a young man finally "gets it", and I think Killian just "got it": he's heard from others about how he disappears during games, the motor's not always running, etc. Sure, he'll need to get stronger, but that will come naturally. His performance during the WCC tournament was like a Kevin Durant starter kit. On the right team, the right system, Killian will be a great fit...next year.

OTOH, I'd love to see him return. I hate to do it, but this team could have also had Sabonis, Nigel, and Zach Collins on it. However, it opened up minutes for everyone in the 7 man rotation, and I like how we've come together.

Comment

• 23dpg
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

30 team logo WARRIORS
                Killian Tillie | Gonzaga | Soph. | SF
                Tillie is the latest Gonzaga frontcourt player to develop into a possible first-round pick, thanks to the fact that he's a 6-10 sophomore who is shooting 50.0 percent from 3-point range. The French import made 13 of 14 3-point attempts in three games during the West Coast Conference Tournament. He helped the Zags win 30 games for the third time in four years.
                Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                  Banned
                  • Feb 2007

Well that's good news that Rui himself confirmed that he's staying, there's been a ton of ESPN hype about him, Caron Butler keeps saying he should come out. So if Rui stays, we know for sure that ZN and CK are back, Perks is up in the air and Tillie looks like he's a heavy lean to leave. Yeah, grad transfers may seem like a real possibility again. Anyone know who's out there?

Comment

• Goshzagit
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                    Well that's good news that Rui himself confirmed that he's staying, there's been a ton of ESPN hype about him, Caron Butler keeps saying he should come out. So if Rui stays, we know for sure that ZN and CK are back, Perks is up in the air and Tillie looks like he's a heavy lean to leave. Yeah, grad transfers may seem like a real possibility again. Anyone know who's out there?
                    Caron Butler continually says, "He should come out", like his stock is at its highest peak and he won't improve by staying...or doesn't have much to improve upon.

I couldn't disagree more with him.

If/when talking about NWG, sure, even Zach Collins to an extent.

Rui is primed to dominate on many levels, not to mention a progression of rapid improvement. He is 6'8", 235lbs, and body control of an athletic 6'1" guard.

He is JUST now beginning to understand bball terms and coaching.

His 19 yr old frame is only going to get stronger, more in control, improved.

Adding a 3pt shot, at least low 30%, could increase his stock ten fold alone. Showing more versatility in defending more positions, switches, etc. Being a go-to player.

Rui's ceiling this year is a mid-1st Rd pick, more likely late-1st or early-2nd.

As a Top-20 player next season in College hoops, he could begin exploring a 3pt shot, more time with ball in his hands, dominate defensively, and really develop into a Top-5 esque pick. A shorter Giannis Antetokounmpo in the making.

I believe he has that ability, especially showing his incredible development over this season.

not to mention, his emotional maturity and feeling comfortable outside Gonzaga's campus is part of learning to be a full-time NBA player.

Tillie is in between -- he can add muscle, some lateral quickness, defend better vs penetration, and show off consistency game to game, yet he is already a late-1st Rd pick with a ceiling of late lottery +/- 5 or 10 picks. Rui has ability to jump 20+ picks if he stays next season (injuries withstanding of course)

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Goshzagit View Post
                      Caron Butler continually says, "He should come out", like his stock is at its highest peak and he won't improve by staying...or doesn't have much to improve upon.

I couldn't disagree more with him.

If/when talking about NWG, sure, even Zach Collins to an extent.

Rui is primed to dominate on many levels, not to mention a progression of rapid improvement. He is 6'8", 235lbs, and body control of an athletic 6'1" guard.

He is JUST now beginning to understand bball terms and coaching.

His 19 yr old frame is only going to get stronger, more in control, improved.

Adding a 3pt shot, at least low 30%, could increase his stock ten fold alone. Showing more versatility in defending more positions, switches, etc.

Rui's ceiling this year is a mid-1st Rd pick, more likely late-1st or early-2nd.

As a Top-20 player next season in College hoops, he could begin exploring a 3pt shot, more time with ball in his hands, dominate defensively, and really develop into a Top-5 type pick.

I believe he has that ability, especially showing his incredible development over this season.

not to mention, his emotional maturity and feeling comfortable outside Gonzaga's campus is part of learning to be a full-time NBA player.

Tillie is in between -- he can add muscle, some lateral quickness, defend better vs penetration, and show off consistency game to game, yet he is already a late-1st Rd pick with a ceiling of late lottery +/- 5 or 10 picks. Rui has ability to jump 20+ picks if he stays next season (injuries withstanding of course)
                      Rui will get drafted this year based on potential if he chose to come out. Next year, if he works on adding a little height to his 3 ball, he should be top 10.

Comment

• GUZag08
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
                        If true that’s great news. Maybe a guard grad transfer next (if Perkins gone)
                        Where did we hear that Perkins might leave early? Just curious because I hadn’t seen that yet

Comment

• Coach Crazy
                          • Apr 2011

Tillie is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• azzagfan
                            Professional Zag Fan
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Coach Crazy View Post
                            Tillie is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Playing in U19s last summer was probably tipping point. Arguably the best player on the team and he was the only one not earning a paycheck for playing basketball..

Comment

• BobZag
                              Dark Lord of the Zag
                              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                              I'm leaning a bit in the opposite direction: there are times when a young man finally "gets it", and I think Killian just "got it": he's heard from others about how he disappears during games, the motor's not always running, etc. Sure, he'll need to get stronger, but that will come naturally. His performance during the WCC tournament was like a Kevin Durant starter kit. On the right team, the right system, Killian will be a great fit...next year.

OTOH, I'd love to see him return. I hate to do it, but this team could have also had Sabonis, Nigel, and Zach Collins on it. However, it opened up minutes for everyone in the 7 man rotation, and I like how we've come together.
                              As the Fiddler says, "On the other hand... There is no other hand!"
                              The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

Working...
                              X