PDA

View Full Version : Tillie now 7th in the entire nation in 3pt%

thespywhozaggedme
03-07-2018, 08:24 PM
Shooting exactly 50% on the season. Which begs the question, why wasn't he shooting them all season?

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/statistics/player/_/stat/3-points

sittingon50
03-07-2018, 08:33 PM
Thanks spy. Good stuff.

thespywhozaggedme
03-07-2018, 08:35 PM
Thanks spy. Good stuff.

Yeah man. I love that he's shooting them now, creates a huge mismatch for the opposition.

Zags11
03-07-2018, 10:47 PM
Shooting exactly 50% on the season. Which begs the question, why wasn't he shooting them all season?

Sometimes he lacks the aggression.

Hoopaholic
03-08-2018, 06:28 AM
Sometimes he lacks the aggression.

This. There were times where he looked bored or non interested.
But lately that appears be behind him...seeing smiles and excitement bounce in his step which indicates to me fully dialed in

thebigsmoove
03-08-2018, 06:37 AM
But lately that appears be behind him...seeing smiles and excitement bounce in his step which indicates to me fully dialed in

His motor is here and there, i hope for his sake he learns to keep it on at all times, the NBA doesn't really keep guys around who only show up sometimes.

ZagMan in Philly
03-08-2018, 08:43 AM

NBA Scouts were in the building. Danny Ainge is impressed.

Zags11
03-08-2018, 09:19 AM

Spot on 110%.

bballbeachbum
03-08-2018, 09:36 AM

thanks spy. guess it depends on how one looks at it, but Tillie does shoot them, just not at an 11 out of 12 pace all the time. He's shot 90 this year, about 3 a game. In some games, when the Zags have the interior domination going on, I'm glad he's not jacking. I'm digging his baby hook in the paint
But man, what a beautiful release he has when he's dialed in and focused. Hope the solar heat continues! Even if it's just Mercury hot

maynard g krebs
03-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Got me curious, so I looked it up on ESPN. The hot streak actually runs 7 games, since LMU on 2/15. In those 7 games he's 22/26, which is a bit over 84% on 3.7 attempts per game. Previous 27 games he shot 64, about 2.4 attempts per game, and made23/64, about 36%.

So 1.3 more attempts per game isn't a lot, though it's a 50% increase. When you get the hot hand, you shoot it a little more freely and the other guys look for you a bit more. But shooting a high percentage is almost always a result of great shot selection, and I just want him to take the good ones, on ball reversal or kickouts when he's open so he keeps this rhythm he's in. He's near impossible to defend when he's scoring on all 3 levels, and his shooting now really helps open driving lanes for the guards and more post opportunities for Williams/Rui.

bballbeachbum
03-08-2018, 04:36 PM
Got me curious, so I looked it up on ESPN. The hot streak actually runs 7 games, since LMU on 2/15. In those 7 games he's 22/26, which is a bit over 84% on 3.7 attempts per game. Previous 27 games he shot 64, about 2.4 attempts per game, and made23/64, about 36%.

So 1.3 more attempts per game isn't a lot, though it's a 50% increase. When you get the hot hand, you shoot it a little more freely and the other guys look for you a bit more. But shooting a high percentage is almost always a result of great shot selection, and I just want him to take the good ones, on ball reversal or kickouts when he's open so he keeps this rhythm he's in. He's near impossible to defend when he's scoring on all 3 levels, and his shooting now really helps open driving lanes for the guards and more post opportunities for Williams/Rui.

wow those numbers are incredible!! Tillie's looks have been good, great point on not forcing it on any level