PDA

View Full Version : Tv Question

gonstu
10-30-2007, 03:59 PM
I am in the midwest (Milwaukee) and have Dish Network. If anyone is in this same boat and has bought the sports package before, can you help me out by letting me know if that got you most of the games? I guess I'm mostly curious about FSNorthwest and ESPNU.

Thanks for the help

jbslicer
10-30-2007, 04:11 PM
Have a Leinenkugel for me.

Rubbadub
10-30-2007, 04:13 PM
ESPNU information in your area can be obtained by calling your provider (of course) or by using the zip code box in the top middle of this page:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/espnu/index

If you go to the channel indicated, there should be something besides "to order this channel, blah blah blah" if you have it.

Nevtelen
10-30-2007, 04:13 PM
I recently got Dish (specifically for GU games on ESPN U). I'm in the Seattle area, but I think that FSN NW and ESPN U should allow you to see all of the games with the possible exceptions of the N Colorado, Idaho, UC Riverside games (and maybe Northridge?) which, IIRC, are only in Spokane at the moment (though listed as Seattle TBA on the official sched I got a Kraziness - so hopefully they'll also hit FSN NW or something similar). Oh, and there is no way that I know of to be able to watch our 2nd round game in the GAS - it just won't be on TV anywhere as far as I can figure.

deathchina
10-30-2007, 04:29 PM
YES YES YES YES!

just got the great news today that Charter (my cable service provider) has added ESPNU to the sports package.

I am elated.

And the NBA season tips off....

WHAT A DAY!!!!!

Rubbadub
10-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Speaking of which, I know it's kind of early, but Tony Parker is already playing like an MVP candidate. :)

mtzaga
10-30-2007, 04:46 PM
For those folks with digital cable, the first three Zag games are on the Fox College Sports channels. Griz on FCS-Central and the next two on FCS-Pacific.

Check if your digital cable provider has them. I get the channels free until January then it's only $2.95 per month.

BobZag
10-30-2007, 04:47 PM
I am in the midwest (Milwaukee) and have Dish Network. If anyone is in this same boat and has bought the sports package before, can you help me out by letting me know if that got you most of the games? I guess I'm mostly curious about FSNorthwest and ESPNU.

Thanks for the help

I'm switching to Dish in a couple weeks. You want the 250 Channel package which costs $52.99. You get ESPNU and every FSN regional channel, which of course includes FSN-Northwest.

BoltZag
10-30-2007, 04:56 PM

I don't get it...Dish Network offers ESPNU and FSN-NW as part of their sports package. Several of our games are televised on ESPNU and FSN-NW...so....what did I miss?

Proudzagmom
10-30-2007, 05:06 PM
YES YES YES YES!

just got the great news today that Charter (my cable service provider) has added ESPNU to the sports package.

I am elated.

And the NBA season tips off....

WHAT A DAY!!!!!

Okay, I JUST hung up with Charter and it's still NOT offered in my area! I can't really justify switching to DISH for one channel, but I'm sure considering it. I'm happy for you though deathchina.

BobZag
10-30-2007, 05:12 PM
Okay, I JUST hung up with Charter and it's still NOT offered in my area! I can't really justify switching to DISH for one channel, but I'm sure considering it. I'm happy for you though deathchina.

Many non-Zag games are on the various California FSN's. You can scout the competition.

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/whats_on_dish/programming_packages/at_250/packages.aspx

No special sports package is really needed.

Nevtelen
10-30-2007, 05:14 PM
I'm switching to Dish in a couple weeks. You want the 250 Channel package which costs $52.99. You get ESPNU and every FSN regional channel, which of course includes FSN-Northwest.

BTW, at least in Seattle the Top 250 only gets you ESPNU and FSN NW. If you want the other regional FSN channels, you have to pay an extra $5.99/mo to get the sports pack. I was pretty annoyed when I found that out yesterday after specifically being told I'd get all the FSN channels when I signed on with Dish.

Birddog
10-30-2007, 06:31 PM
I found that out yesterday after specifically being told I'd get all the FSN channels when I signed on with Dish.

I'm a very satisfied DirecTV customer, did you do a comparison? DirecTV is supposed to have a ton of new HD channels coming on board too. My sports pkg is $12.95 for all the regional Fox, ESPNU etc. You could select a very modest pkg plus the Sports pkg and still get it for under $50 per mo. I think. I haven't compared prices lately, but I'm due to threaten to leave DirecTV if they don't cut me deal. They always hook me up to the customer retention folks and then do a discount to keep me happy.

Birddog

MacZag
10-30-2007, 08:19 PM
I just called DISH network after checking out my program guide and finding out that FSNW is the only one listed. They informed me that to get all the regional FSN's is $5.99/month....just FYI

Nevtelen
10-30-2007, 09:15 PM
I'm a very satisfied DirecTV customer, did you do a comparison? DirecTV is supposed to have a ton of new HD channels coming on board too. My sports pkg is $12.95 for all the regional Fox, ESPNU etc. You could select a very modest pkg plus the Sports pkg and still get it for under $50 per mo. I think. I haven't compared prices lately, but I'm due to threaten to leave DirecTV if they don't cut me deal. They always hook me up to the customer retention folks and then do a discount to keep me happy.

Birddog

Perhaps what I should have done. I remember doing a price comparison a week or 2 ago right before I signed up and figured that it was cheaper with more channels to go with Dish (the $13 sports package on DirecTV kind of stuck in my craw) at $52 base with the $5 DVR deal than DirecTV. Plus my wife (who is European) was sold on the better international packages on Dish. Oh well.

mgadfly
10-31-2007, 10:29 AM
Looking at the schedule (that someone posted in a different thread) it looks to me like I will not be able to see:

Emporia St. U (no T.V. listed)
Western Kentucky (ESPN 360)
St. Joseph's (ESPNU)
WSU (ESPNU)
@ SF (ESPNU)

and possibly not:
2nd and 3rd round of GAS (No TV info listed)
@ Santa Clara (TBA)
WCC Tourney 1st and 2nd rnd (No TV info listed)

Out of all of those games, the most important to me at least is the WSU game. Is it really not going to be shown on a local station? Right now I have DishNetwork's 100-Plus (and DVR, Local channels, and FSNW) for $39.99 + $5 (DVR) + $5 (FSNW/local).

For those with DISH who have ESPNU and all the FS(regional) channels, what does your total bill look like? $52.99 base + dvr + FS upgrade (or is that included?) etc...

drnoe
10-31-2007, 11:11 AM
To clarify for DISH subscribers...if you live outside of the Fox NW area, to see the absolute maximum of games, you need to order the 250 package plus the $5.99/mo. FSN package, which will give you Fox NW. When the season is over, just call DISH to cancel the FSN package, which then becomes virtually useless.

MickMick
10-31-2007, 11:59 AM
I have Dish and it seemed like I watched every game on TV last year.

Nevtelen
10-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Looking at the schedule (that someone posted in a different thread) it looks to me like I will not be able to see:

Emporia St. U (no T.V. listed)
Western Kentucky (ESPN 360)
St. Joseph's (ESPNU)
WSU (ESPNU)
@ SF (ESPNU)

and possibly not:
2nd and 3rd round of GAS (No TV info listed)
@ Santa Clara (TBA)
WCC Tourney 1st and 2nd rnd (No TV info listed)

Out of all of those games, the most important to me at least is the WSU game. Is it really not going to be shown on a local station? Right now I have DishNetwork's 100-Plus (and DVR, Local channels, and FSNW) for $39.99 + $5 (DVR) + $5 (FSNW/local).

For those with DISH who have ESPNU and all the FS(regional) channels, what does your total bill look like? $52.99 base + dvr + FS upgrade (or is that included?) etc...

With the DVR promotion, it comes out to be $58/mo (I haven't gotten my first bill yet, but that's what they tell me). Less than the $65/mo I was paying for cable... That DOESN'T get be all the FSN, though - just FSN NW (but all Zags games on FSN are on NW).

BTW, W Kentucky is on ESPN U, I think. The next GAS game is on 360. Unless they've changed it...