PDA

View Full Version : Post game radio GU-BYU (WCC Tournament)

Section 116
03-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Bulldogs destroy BYU 74-54 for the sixth straight tournament championship. Confetti still falls, red, white and blue, never gets old! Close game early, Child got a three to tie at 27, after that GU just dominated. From 27 all to 63-31, clicking on all cylinders, offense, defense, rebounding. At one point the second half scoring was 27-4. The final score was in no way indicative of the game.

All tournament team, Bateman, Childs, Landale, J3 and Tillie the MVP which may have been the easiest choice ever.

Tillie leads with 22, Norvell 17, Perkins 11 and J3 10 to go with 13 rebounds, another double double. Childs 20 and Bryant 11 for the Cougars. Bulldogs being handed trophies for winning. All they have to do on Sunday is wait and see where they are going. Things are just great here in Vegas, Morrison very proud to be alum seeing how these guys handle themselves, never any problems. Bulldogs and BYU back and forth early,

Michaelson: We just exploded. Our defense was good all night. Overall the guys executed to perfection. That 32-4 run or whatever it was to end the half and into the second, that was just exceptional basketball.The score was not indicative of the defense we played. We let up some late in the game. Other than Wiltjer and Ammo I don't know if I have seen anybody shoot the ball like Tille.

Perk had 22 assists and only 4 TO's this weekend. J3 was just spectacular again. It is remarkable, we are the first team to win 30 games this year. We did things in pretty solid fashion tonight. Nothing was handed to us. We had to finish up in Provo and then to come in here and do what we did. It's nice to know we are in (the tournament) we can relax for a couple days and then get back to working on ourselves. All of our guys did what we asked of them this weekend

Hudson and Ammo: Kispert, it feels awesome. We were thinking the fight from BYU would be tough tonight, they were playing for the trournament. We just kept it on them and on them. We were totally in the zone. Rui and I were looking at each other, the run was 22-2 and then 27 to 2 and then 36-4 or what ever it was. Every year it is we are losing guys, and we won't be that good again and we just keep replacing guys and playing together. They say we lost Shemek and Zack and NWG but we have guys who can come in and replace. I just can't describe.

Hudson on game recap: Tillie 13 out of 14 from three in the tournament. This shooting performance won't be repeated in GU history. Perkins pushed the lead to nine at the end of the half at the buzzer. The momentum carried over into the second half. If Perk continues to turn the corner and get to the rim, that will do nothing but help us. I don't think people realize what kind of weekend Perkins had here. He's done it for the most part all season.

Not one guy played bad for us who had sustainable minutes this weekend. Perk just tonight he had 8 assists and 1 TO to go with his 11 points. 52-31 after another Tillie three, and then Norvell hits for the 36-4 run. I don't care what level it is, you just don't see runs like this. We just took BYU out of the game. Their body language was terrible. BYU went on a 10-0 run but the Zags were never threatened.

Zags now 8-2 in WCC tournament finals in Las Vegas, two losses to SMC. The contract is up at the Orleans but we want to keep coming back here. Play a little basketball, play a little cards. Zags were shooting at a 60% clip until the last 4 or 5 minutes in "garbage time". Only 12 free throws attempted in tonight's ballgame.

BYU was 2-16 when the Zags were on their run. Childs got no help other than a little from Bryant. Childs Bryant and Hawes combined for 49 through the season only 35 tonight.

Morrison said you look at the BYU stat sheet after Bryant and Childs and you see 2 points, 4 points, 0 points, 2 points there is just nothing there.

That's it. GO ZAGS!

DixieZag
03-06-2018, 07:24 PM
The recap is an MBB institution, deeply appreciated. Feel like we get the best of a great radio crew right here.

Thx again for the work, it is a "must read" every game.

RenoZag
03-06-2018, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the recap, Section 116.

:cheers:

Birddog
03-06-2018, 07:37 PM
The recap is an MBB institution, deeply appreciated. Feel like we get the best of a great radio crew right here.

Didja ever wonder if Section just makes this up? Good stuff nonetheless and thanks.

Section 116
03-06-2018, 07:43 PM
I can assure you I don't make any of this up though I may insert a word or phrase that makes an "inexact quote". I go as fast as I can and try to be as thorough as I can. And Birdog, I don't consider what you said as any kind of slam. I love this board and the people on it. I'm glad I still remember how to type and I'm not a one finger hunt and peck guy, other wise there would be about two sentences here, hahaha!

Birddog
03-06-2018, 07:48 PM
I can assure you I don't make any of this up though I may insert a word or phrase that makes an "inexact quote". I go as fast as I can and try to be as thorough as I can. And Birdog, I don't consider what you said as any kind of slam. I love this board and the people on it. I'm glad I still remember how to type and I'm not a one finger hunt and peck guy, other wise there would be about two sentences here, hahaha!

As a mostly four finger keyboardist, usually three on one hand one on the other, I am in awe. I probably can't even listen as fast as you can type.

DixieZag
03-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Didja ever wonder if Section just makes this up? Good stuff nonetheless and thanks.

I don't think he makes it up. :)

If he does make it up, he's as good as an announcer/analyst as any in the business.

So, we win either way.

FuManShoes
03-06-2018, 08:15 PM
Section 116 for MVP of ZagNation! Such an awesome service. Thank you!

JPtheBeasta
03-06-2018, 08:26 PM
Interesting tidbit mentioned above that the Zags are the first team to 30 wins this season.

zag buddy
03-06-2018, 08:38 PM
Tx section. Even thou I listen to the after game broadcast I still enjoy you coverage.

Bogozags
03-06-2018, 08:55 PM
Interesting tidbit mentioned above that the Zags are the first team to 30 wins this season.

Yes, I find that pretty remarkable...

I added seasonal win totals over the past “7” years and we are averaging 31 wins per season, which is amazing in itself!

Worthington
03-06-2018, 09:06 PM

I read these threads after every game, but I don't know if I've ever posted in one of them, so my thank you is long overdue! Appreciate what you do, Section!

Vanzagger
03-06-2018, 09:07 PM
What a year! Like they say. Enjoy this one and back to the Grind

Zags11
03-06-2018, 10:08 PM
Yea 116 puts in work every gm.

Zagger
03-07-2018, 01:14 AM
One, one, six :)

GonzagasaurusFlex
03-07-2018, 02:25 AM
Thanks Section! Rest up and get locked in for your own tourney run of postgame radio recaps; we need everyone rested and ready for the Dance!

zag67
03-07-2018, 06:06 AM
Section. I also want to thank you for doing this. It is always nice to see another persons view of a game. Thanks again.