PDA

View Full Version : Factoids

Angelo Roncalli
10-30-2007, 02:28 PM
Gonzaga holds the current D-1 streak for consecutive appearances in conference tournament championship games with 10. Vermont is second with 5.
Gonzaga has won 8 of those 10 games...which equates to roughly the same winning percentage as its overall winning percentage the past 10 years.

BobZag
10-30-2007, 02:59 PM
The factoid that caught me a bit by surprise was Gonzaga making the last 13 out of 14 postseasons, with only a couple of those being the NIT.

rennis
10-30-2007, 04:00 PM
The factoid that caught me a bit by surprise was Gonzaga making the last 13 out of 14 postseasons, with only a couple of those being the NIT.

Anyone else remember the 98 WCC Championship game against SF? That really sucked. :(

GoZags
10-30-2007, 04:50 PM
The Dons beat the Zags fair and square. What sucked was getting sent to Laramie for the NIT instead of an at-large berth.

I've always maintained that that 24 win Zag team could play with any of the future Zag squads.

In my opinion -- the chip that was on the '98 - '99 Zag team's shoulder was the major factor in what happened that year. The WCC tourney final against SCU -- they were not going to be denied.

In my opinion -- the run of the last decade doesn't happen quite as spectacularly if GU had beaten USF in the '98 Final. Again, just my opinion.