Jay Williams and Company on ESPN thinking zags have one of the best front courts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zags11
    Banned
    • Mar 2008

Jay Williams and Company on ESPN thinking zags have one of the best front courts.

I believe that's what I heard. Then Jay said Zach will be the x factor in march while Perkins is a lot like Joel berry.

Thoughts?
  • zagfan24
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

Not a lot of depth, but the guys that we have there are top-notch. Tillie and JW3 seem to have gained comfort over the year playing together. Rui looks really good in the small-ball lineup at the 4 as he can overpower and outjump his man in the post fairly easily.

One other thing I noticed this morning; since the beginning of 2018 (and I know this means exclusively conference play), Josh has only 2 games with more than 2 turnovers. His Asst/TO ratio is quite strong and in general he seems to be picking his spots well with his shot. It's been a big year of growth for Perkins.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
      Banned
      • Feb 2007

What's bumming me out is that everyone is saying that Rui should come out after the season, it's ZC all over again. The guy doing SportsCenter with van Pelt last night shouted out "lottery pick" after they showed Rui's dunk. ugh

Comment

• SageOfZagville
        Kennel Club Alum
        • Feb 2007

You heard correctly. Jay Williams said that the Zags were the best front court in the nation. Greenberg then said Michigan State had the best FC if they would start playing. Then Jay said maybe if they start playing. Greenberg keeps touting us as an Elite Eight, Final Four team.

Comment

• DZ
          Zag for Life
          • Sep 2007

Very hard to argue against when Tillie is playing at the top of his game.

Consistency is the only question. JWIII can be counted on to deliver each game. If the other 2 can continue to be consistent, then it would seem like they are the best.

Tillie and Kispert, 2 guys that if they play well make us a top 8 team.
          Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
          Mark Twain.

Comment

• Zagceo
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2013

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
            What's bumming me out is that everyone is saying that Rui should come out after the season, it's ZC all over again. The guy doing SportsCenter with van Pelt last night shouted out "lottery pick" after they showed Rui's dunk. ugh
            Rui FIRST TEAM All West Coast Conference....can't hide him on the bench...and that whole Vegas marketing line is just that

Comment

• Bogozags
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

I couldn’t find the record for consecutive 3ptFGM as Tillie has 10 in a row...If he continues to play at this level he will be playing in the NBA next year...imo

Comment

• Bogozags
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                Rui FIRST TEAM All West Coast Conference....can't hide him on the bench...and that whole Vegas marketing line is just that
                IMO...In order to play the two or three in the NBA he has to have a keen ability to shoot the three, which he has not yet displayed. After watching his technique shooting jump shots, that it would be easy to adjust his shot from behind the arc.

I think he would benefit enormously staying at GU one more year and develop his game...I can’t recall ever seeing any player with his size and abilities playing at GU...work on his outside game and ball handling and he WILL be a Lotto Pick after his junior year ��

Comment

• GoZags
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                  No.

It is not "ZC all over again."

Rui doesn't have an "involved" dad with a dream to have his son get to the NBA as quickly as possible. Rui DOES have someone he listens to and trusts implicitly. Tommy Lloyd.

While it's true that Rui is getting a ton of "attention" and is likely to get a lot more ... it's also true that if he stays at Gonzaga another year, he'd be better prepared for his future. He will understand that, as it will come from Tommy.

I think that there's a very good chance Hachimura will "finally" be a starter for Gonzaga ... next season.
                  sigpic
                  “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                  ——-
                  List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                  Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• 23dpg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                    No.

Rui doesn't have an "involved" dad with a dream to have his son get to the NBA as quickly as possible. Rui DOES have someone he listens to and trusts implicitly. Tommy Lloyd.

While it's true that Rui is getting a ton of "attention" and is likely to get a lot more ... it's also true that if he stays at Gonzaga another year, he'd be better prepared for his future. He will understand that, as it will come from Tommy.

I think that there's a very good chance Hachimura will "finally" be a starter for Gonzaga ... next season.
                    Nothing wrong with that. He's doing OK with the Blazers right now. They're taking a very slow and measured approach with Zach. I think to his benefit.
                    Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Zags11
                      Banned
                      • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                      I couldn’t find the record for consecutive 3ptFGM as Tillie has 10 in a row...If he continues to play at this level he will be playing in the NBA next year...imo
                      It is 15 set in 1990.

Comment

• Zags11
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

No.

Imo, Rui needs one more year of college.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2007

No.

I should've been more clear, by "ZC all over again" I meant the media hype and the same time of year. My bad for not being more clear.

Comment

• former1dog
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                            Nothing wrong with that. He's doing OK with the Blazers right now. They're taking a very slow and measured approach with Zach. I think to his benefit.
                            Zach seems to be doing very well. Likely his coming out after 1 year will be considered a good decision from a basketball standpoint.

Comment

• GoZags
                              Super Moderator
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                              Agree.

Nothing wrong with that. I'm grateful that Zach Collins was (and is) a Zag. He could have gone anywhere but Brian and Mark earned his (and his dad's) trust. Rui's situation IS different, however.
                              sigpic
                              “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                              ——-
                              List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                              Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

Working...
                              X