• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Post game radio GU-LMU

Not much to post tonight. Hudson has a severe case of laryngitis so the post game show was cut short.

Here are a couple thoughts primarily from Morrison. AMMO noted it is not often you see two Div. 1 teams who put up a score of something along lines of 13-11 with seven minutes left in the first half. He said neither team could throw the ball in the ocean for long stretches of the first half and at one point the teams were a combined 1-18. He said to GU's credit they stuck with game plan and eventually things started working for them. He also said 14 TO's is something that definitely has to be cleaned up and 11-22 from the free throw line doesn't cut it.

After that atrocious first half the Zags actually ended up shooting 61% from the floor and 60% from three, both of which were better marks than the 50% from the free throw line. I think GU was a tick over 80% from the floor in the second half. J3 had a double double @ 20 and 10, Tillie finished with 24 on 9-12 from the floor and 5-5 from three, Norvell was 4-6 from three and finished with 17. Perk had 6 assists, 4 rebounds, only one turnover but only 2 points.

Bateman had 27 and Allen had 12 off the bench for LMU the only two in double figures for the Lions. LMU shot 40% from the floor but finished at 52% from three on 11-21 shooting.

Morrison noted the Zags really did a good job of moving the ball in the second half and got a lot of inside points complimented by the better 3 point shooting in the second half.

There was no coach or player interview due to Hudson's laryngitis I'm sure.

On another point for those who live in the Spokane area. I just recently became aware the Wandermere Cinema's show all Gonzaga games for free on one of their theatre movie screens. My wife and I decided to check it out this evening. It's a pretty cool experience watching the Zags on a movie screen with good sound and a theater comprised of GU fans. Management told me as long as the Zags are playing in March Madness all games will be televised for free. If you are interested check it out. It's a fun experience.

I probably would have had a bit more post game radio had I watched the game at home, but the tradeoff was the movie screen experience.
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
    Not much to post tonight. Hudson has a severe case of laryngitis so the post game show was cut short. Here are a couple thoughts primarily from Morrison. AMMO noted it is not often you see two Div. 1 teams who put up a score of something along lines of 13-11 with seven minutes left in the first half. He said neither team could throw the ball in the ocean for long stretches of the first half and at one point the teams were a combined 1-18. He said to GU's credit they stuck with game plan and eventually things started working for them. He also said 15 TO's is something that definitely has to be cleaned up and 11-22 from the free throw line doesn't cut it. After that atrocious first half the Zags actually ended up shooting 61% from the floor and 60% from three, both of which were better marks than the 50% from the free throw line. I think GU was a tick over 80% from the floor in the second half. J3 had a double double @ 20 and 10, Tillie finished with 24 on 9-12 from the floor and 5-5 from three, Norvell was 4-6 from three and finished with 17. Perk had 6 assists, 4 rebounds, only one turnover but only 2 points. Bateman had 27 and Allen had 12 off the bench for LMU the only two in double figures for the Lions. LMU shot 40% from the floor but finished at 52% from three on 11-21 shooting. Morrison noted the Zags really did a good job of moving the ball in the second half and got a lot of inside points complimented by the better 3 point shooting in the second half. There was no coach or player interview due to Hudson's laryngitis I'm sure. On another point for those who live in the Spokane area. I just recently became aware the Wandermere Cinema's show all Gonzaga games for free on one of their theatre movie screens. My wife and I decided to check it out this evening. It's a pretty cool experience watching the Zags on a movie screen with good sound and a theater comprised of GU fans. Management told me as long as the ZagS are playing in March Madness all games will be televised for free. If you are interested check it out. It's a fun experience. I probably would have had a bit more post game radio had I watched the game at home, but the tradeoff was the movie screen experience.
    But how much is the popcorn at the Wandermere? lol

Comment

• adoptedzag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
      But how much is the popcorn at the Wandermere? lol
      the game is free, but you can sign over your mortgage for the concessions

Comment

• Section 116
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Popcorn is TOO MUCH-$7 for small. Movie management is actually smart. There were few folks there who did not have a beverage, popcorn or something!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by adoptedzag View Post
          the game is free, but you can sign over your mortgage for the concessions
          We went to see "The Darkest Hour" last week. For 3, our tickets came to $18. We shared a medium popcorn, and each of us had a soft drink. The tab for that was over $30.

I'll bet you can easily drop a Benjamin on a date night at one of those theatres that has real food.

Comment

• Zags11
            Banned
            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
            We went to see "The Darkest Hour" last week. For 3, our tickets came to $18. We shared a medium popcorn, and each of us had a soft drink. The tab for that was over $30.

I'll bet you can easily drop a Benjamin on a date night at one of those theatres that has real food.
            I spend $100 for movie tickets and snacks. Smh.

Comment

• Zagger
              Banned
              • Mar 2008

Watching @ Wandermere you can also head for a brew next door at the Selkirk @ halftime

Comment

• gon2mt
                Bulldog Fan
                • Dec 2012

Hope this isn't a faux pas but Movie Pass would help (if the theater takes it)

Comment

Working...
                X