PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to see Ravet in person tonight?

thespywhozaggedme
03-01-2018, 11:13 AM
If so, please share 1st hand reports with us. Thanks

cggonzaga
03-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Game will be on SWX here in Spokane I believe.

thespywhozaggedme
03-01-2018, 12:48 PM
Game will be on SWX here in Spokane I believe.

Cool, for those of us that don't live in Spokane, would someone mind some occasional reports. Thanks

U Zig, I Zag
03-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Summaries will be here:
http://www.swxrightnow.com/category/160222/video-center

I think the tourney was streamed, but I can't find it right now.

maynard g krebs
03-01-2018, 01:42 PM
If you go to the WIAA tournament site (think it's wiaa.com, but if not just google WIAA basketball tournament), there is a "watch live" link. For $9.95 you can watch hs tourney games all over the country on live streams, including most or all of the Washington tourneys. Not positive class B is included, but think so; at least I'm positive you could see all of G Prep's games that way.

thespywhozaggedme
03-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Summaries will be here:
http://www.swxrightnow.com/category/160222/video-center

I think the tourney was streamed, but I can't find it right now.

Thanks

thespywhozaggedme
03-01-2018, 02:24 PM
If you go to the WIAA tournament site (think it's wiaa.com, but if not just google WIAA basketball tournament), there is a "watch live" link. For $9.95 you can watch hs tourney games all over the country on live streams, including most or all of the Washington tourneys. Not positive class B is included, but think so; at least I'm positive you could see all of G Prep's games that way.

I don't care enough to shell out 10 bucks, LOL. But if anyone was watching it, don't want anyone to go out of the way but if they were if they wanted to just post their opinion that would be cool.

ZagNative
03-01-2018, 03:18 PM
I'm hoping live stats will be here: https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/teams/139708-kittitas-coyotes

Mantua
03-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Sometimes state tournament games run very late so be cautious if you are recording any of these games. St. Georgeís is also 24-0. They may meet in the final. St. Gís plays at 9 pm (in theory).

Link to Bracket:

http://wiaa.com/ardisplay.aspx?ID=1717

Side note: #7 St. Georgeís girls upset #1 Ilwaco earlier today.

Go Dragons!

jyboc
03-01-2018, 04:50 PM
Unlimited range and gets his shot off anytime he wants, sometime’s unnecessarily. Not overly quick but lots of great shooters overcome that.
Personally I really don’t love the old school knee pad look either. Lol

23dpg
03-01-2018, 05:21 PM
Kittitax up 34-16 at half. Raven with 12

thespywhozaggedme
03-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Unlimited range and gets his shot off anytime he wants, sometime’s unnecessarily. Not overly quick but lots of great shooters overcome that.
Personally I really don’t love the old school knee pad look either. Lol

Thanks so much. Knee pads? lol

Mantua
03-01-2018, 05:40 PM
St. George’s/Toutle Lake 72-48 on February 24th at University High School. Playing in the Tacoma is another story.

23dpg
03-01-2018, 05:54 PM
Looks like 67-43 final. Brock with 24.

thespywhozaggedme
03-01-2018, 06:49 PM
Looks like 67-43 final. Brock with 24.

Thank you. How did he look?

Hogan
03-01-2018, 06:57 PM
I watched the game on tv, which isn’t nearly the same as live, but since many of you don’t get the game I will offer my two cents. Pretty much what we have heard before, great handles, very good shooter, good vision and passer. He puts forth little effort on defense, other than the occasional steal. That is not a huge knock, since his offense is so important to his team. Average frame and looks about 6’1”. Shoots a set shot, but his form looks good and he gets it off quick. Not extremely sudden in his movements but has some quickness, and a very nice step-back. Seems like a good teammate, accepts no calls with out complaint

Zagdawg
03-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Going with great vision and great passer-- handles were better than expected for me-- can get his shot whenever he wants it--but keeps his team involved.

cggonzaga
03-01-2018, 07:40 PM
That sounds like him hogan and zd.

thespywhozaggedme
03-01-2018, 08:15 PM
Thanks fellas for the report. Much appreciated.

raise the zag
03-01-2018, 09:08 PM
The kid is legit.

Will be a weapon from Day 1. Smart, tough, fearless, gritty, and is a natural baller.

A more tempered Nick Emery comes to mind.

Will need to be hidden on defense though. Kinda reminds me of the next St Marys star player who committed to us.

Could be overwhelmed by length and athleticism, esp when asked to defend, yet can score and ball with anyone on offense.

ZagNative
03-02-2018, 07:49 AM
Spokesman-Review game story vs. Toutle Lake: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/mar/01/future-gonzaga-bulldog-pulls-crowd-at-state-2b-tou/#/0

The Daily Record: https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/sports/kittitas-shows-confidence-during-win-over-toutle-lake-in-b/article_c48407e9-e063-550f-9b0f-2431b758e95d.html

Zagdawg
03-02-2018, 08:45 AM
https://twitter.com/RobJesselson/status/969484460394598400

"Along with Brock Ravet’s 24 points, he added seven rebounds and four assists while Arreola and Landdeck each finished with 11 points apiece."

former1dog
03-02-2018, 08:52 AM
The kid is legit.

Will be a weapon from Day 1. Smart, tough, fearless, gritty, and is a natural baller.

A more tempered Nick Emery comes to mind.

Will need to be hidden on defense though. Kinda reminds me of the next St Marys star player who committed to us.

Could be overwhelmed by length and athleticism, esp when asked to defend, yet can score and ball with anyone on offense.

I've gotta say that the issue of defense needs to lose its mysticism. You don't have to be the best athlete in the world to be a great defender. Hard work and training and a dedication to getting better will make an athlete who is great on offense, also good to great on defense. Just ask John Stockton, who is the all time leader in steals in the NBA.

mattydog73
03-02-2018, 09:40 AM
I've gotta say that the issue of defense needs to lose its mysticism. You don't have to be the best athlete in the world to be a great defender. Hard work and training and a dedication to getting better will make an athlete who is great on offense, also good to great on defense. Just ask John Stockton, who is the all time leader in steals in the NBA.

Bingo. Defense is primarily about 2 things: effort and being in position. Even if you are out of position, effort will get you back into it.

Also, my .02 after seeing him play a couple times now: First, he most certainly does NOT shoot a "set shot". His step back is lethal at the B level but if tries to live off that at the college D1 level he will be riding pine. The best thing about his game is he does everything with his head up, his form stays rock solid and most importantly, he can create scoring opportunities for himself and others, almost at will.

EEzag
03-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Bingo. Defense is primarily about 2 things: effort and being in position. Even if you are out of position, effort will get you back into it.

Also, my .02 after seeing him play a couple times now: First, he most certainly does NOT shoot a "set shot". His step back is lethal at the B level but if tries to live off that at the college D1 level he will be riding pine. The best thing about his game is he does everything with his head up, his form stays rock solid and most importantly, he can create scoring opportunities for himself and others, almost at will.

Have to say I'm impressed. He's good. The speed at the next level will be a challenge. About half the shots he takes won't be there at GU. Footwork is there and court vision is good. I would like to see him finish with contact against more athletic specimens but that's true of most high school kids. He's good. I have a tough time gauging defense at that age. Too many times I've seen what should have been sure fire defensive studs in high school flounder at college. He seems bigger in person than on the videos I've seen.

Kids a good player. Will be interesting to see where Ravet fits in and how he adjusts to GU. Good pick up.

Coach Crazy
03-02-2018, 10:08 AM
John Stockton wasn't a fantastic on-ball defender. He played lanes well. He couldn't do what players like Gary Payton did, which was be a lock down defender. If you aren't quick, you can't stay in front of your guy on dribble drive penetration or take any type of attacking mentality when man-on. If Silas, for instance, was not as athletic and quick as he is, we wouldn't be talking about him as the defender that he is. If you have to be "hidden" on defense, then you better be putting up incredibly efficient offensive numbers to account for the fact that you are a liability on the other end of the court.

If you are not incredibly quick, strong, tall, or long...then I don't see much more than an off-ball shooter that can pass at certain points in the ball rotation. As well, I don't like the idea that his "step-back" is being praised. Given the mechanics of a shot, you're already adding distance and taking fluidity out of your shooting motion. Then imagine a scenario where your legs either aren't there that day, or you're tired? What then? Then it's even worse.

And if you can't dribble-drive consistently as a PG in an offense that will continue to develop the dribble-drive motion offense...then what exactly is it that you will do? And you don't play defense? So, he can shoot, and his passing is adequate on some level. Sounds like a PG we might have signed pre-Pangos.

Zagdawg
03-02-2018, 10:29 AM
Did you just derive this from a couple of posts.....or have you actually watched him play yet?

JPtheBeasta
03-02-2018, 11:09 AM
What did Pangos have that made him an all-time Zag player that Ravet doesnít?

(Iím asking. I havenít seen Ravet play).

cggonzaga
03-02-2018, 03:54 PM
What did Pangos have that made him an all-time Zag player that Ravet doesnít?

(Iím asking. I havenít seen Ravet play).

Ravet is a risk taker, Pangos is risk averse. This goes for passing, ball handling and shot selection. Pangos would be all conference defense compared to Ravetís defense. Imo Ravet is far from canít miss. Donít see him making an impact as a freshman. Has potential to be good 4 year player in Kyle Bankhead mold. Would be happy to be wrong if he became a star.

thespywhozaggedme
03-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Does he play again tonight?

Zagdawg
03-02-2018, 04:43 PM
Yes-- at 7:30 -- Reminder the kid is a Junior-- has another year and half until he steps foot on campus. I think he has time to work on the areas he needs to work on in that timeframe.

cggonzaga
03-02-2018, 05:42 PM
Yes-- at 7:30 -- Reminder the kid is a Junior-- has another year and half until he steps foot on campus. I think he has time to work on the areas he needs to work on in that timeframe.

I agree. Remember he is an old junior however. I don’t think he’s growing much more. I think he’ll be a good Zag.

ZagNative
03-02-2018, 06:20 PM
Game's on now on SWX #112. Kittitas with the early lead, 17-4.

Live Stats: https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/games/52245-kittitas-vs-adna

JPtheBeasta
03-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Ravet is a risk taker, Pangos is risk averse. This goes for passing, ball handling and shot selection. Pangos would be all conference defense compared to Ravetís defense. Imo Ravet is far from canít miss. Donít see him making an impact as a freshman. Has potential to be good 4 year player in Kyle Bankhead mold. Would be happy to be wrong if he became a star.

Interesting. Thanks.

katman50
03-02-2018, 06:31 PM
I went to this website and signed up for one month. $9.95 a month and you can cancel any time. Signing up is easy and not painful. Was able to watch the Archbishop Murphy girls beat East Valley in a good game. Watched Rainier Beach beat Lincoln of Tacoma. And will be watching Brock when the game tips off at 1945.

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/home

23dpg
03-02-2018, 06:35 PM
I went to this website and signed up for one month. $9.95 a month and you can cancel any time. Signing up is easy and not painful. Was able to watch the Archbishop Murphy girls beat East Valley in a good game. Watched Rainier Beach beat Lincoln of Tacoma. And will be watching Brock when the game tips off at 1945.

http://www.nfhsnetwork.com/home

You better tune in. 35-10 in the first quarter. Brock with 17 already.

23dpg
03-02-2018, 06:46 PM
48-22 at the end of the first quarter? That can’t be right can it?

katman50
03-02-2018, 06:48 PM
You better tune in. 35-10 in the first quarter. Brock with 17 already.

Thanks. I got my times mixed up. Was watching Gonzaga Prep and Richland.

mtzaga
03-02-2018, 06:50 PM
I was surprised to see Coach Few at the game.

thespywhozaggedme
03-02-2018, 06:52 PM
I was surprised to see Coach Few at the game.

Why? His recruit is playing in Fews backyard.

SunDevilGolfZag
03-02-2018, 06:54 PM
Reminds me a lot of Raivio with the good handles and quick low release shot. Love his confidence and the way he looks up court. I didn't see any guards in the GSL this year that look as good as Ravet. I see a bright future and look forward to him being a Zag.

thespywhozaggedme
03-02-2018, 06:56 PM
Reminds me a lot of Raivio with the good handles and quick low release shot. Love his confidence and the way he looks up court. I didn't see any guards in the GSL this year that look as good as Ravet. I see a bright future and look forward to him being a Zag.

Thanks

VanLith10
03-02-2018, 07:08 PM
Ravet with 31 halfway through the 3rd

thespywhozaggedme
03-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Ravet with 31 halfway through the 3rd

Thanks. How does he look?

katman50
03-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Ravet is the real deal IMO. What impresses me, aside from his shooting prowess, is that he is constantly active. He gets his teammates involved. He gets his share of assists. He is a play maker. Sure, you could criticize his defense (he has made some some nice defensive moves tonight) but he always goes in for rebounds. Not afraid to get into the middle of the action. He is a junior and will only get better. Glad the Zags will get him. But for sure, the guy can really shoot it from anywhere.

thespywhozaggedme
03-02-2018, 07:23 PM
Thanks for the updates fellas. I can't wait to see him in the kennel

VanLith10
03-02-2018, 07:40 PM
Ravet is the real deal IMO. What impresses me, aside from his shooting prowess, is that he is constantly active. He gets his teammates involved. He gets his share of assists. He is a play maker. Sure, you could criticize his defense (he has made some some nice defensive moves tonight) but he always goes in for rebounds. Not afraid to get into the middle of the action. He is a junior and will only get better. Glad the Zags will get him. But for sure, the guy can really shoot it from anywhere.

Pretty spot on, Katman! He is the real deal. The improvement from 9th grade to 11th grade has been great. One more year from Summer ball and 12th grade, I believe there will be another jump. The Zags got another good one in Ravet.

Mantua
03-02-2018, 08:16 PM
I would love to see Garfield v Kittitas.

sittingon50
03-02-2018, 08:20 PM
I would love to see Garfield v Kittitas.

Uh, why?

Mantua
03-02-2018, 08:25 PM
Uh, why?

Kittitas might be a match for Garfield. I think it would be a great game. Once in a while, B teams are good enough to compete with A teams.

cggonzaga
03-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Ravet with special performance tonight. Offensively he is really good and has gotten better since watching him over the summer. All that being said I would expect any GU commit to do that to Adna. They looked like an average 8th grade AAU team.

cggonzaga
03-02-2018, 08:29 PM
Kittitas might be a match for Garfield. I think it would be a great game. Once in a while, B teams are good enough to compete with A teams.

You’re not serious right?

Mantua
03-02-2018, 08:33 PM
I am serious. Kittitas can shoot it and they are disciplined and composed.

sittingon50
03-02-2018, 08:34 PM

You're not confusing Garfield with Garfield-Palouse, are you (not trying to be a smart-as*)?

katman50
03-02-2018, 08:36 PM
You're not confusing Garfield with Garfield-Palouse, are you (not trying to be a smart-as*)?

Lol!

Mantua
03-02-2018, 08:40 PM

I’ve been a Garfield fan for more than 4 decades! I’m also familiar with Gar-Pal as we called it back in the days when the State B Tournament was a much bigger deal.

By the way, Jayshaun Agosto is lighting it up for the LIU Brooklyn Blackbirds.

Zagceo
03-02-2018, 08:44 PM

you have any evidence of this ďonce in a whileĒ ever occurring in the past?

sittingon50
03-02-2018, 08:44 PM
Garfield is 3A, Mantua. Playing for a State Championship tomorrow night.

Unless young Mr. Ravet was hitting 3's from 30 feet out I think Garfield would run them off the court.

Strictly an opinion.

sittingon50
03-02-2018, 08:45 PM
you have any evidence of this ďonce in a whileĒ ever occurring in the past?

Hoosiers.

cggonzaga
03-02-2018, 08:47 PM
I am serious. Kittitas can shoot it and they are disciplined and composed.

I’m sorry mantua but it’s not close. Kittitas lost to a good 1A Zillah team by 16. Garfield, Gonzaga Prep, Richland, Fed Way, Beach, would all beat Kittitas by 25+.

VanLith10
03-02-2018, 08:49 PM

Unless young Mr. Ravet was hitting 3's from 30 feet out I think Garfield would run them off the court.

Strictly an opinion.

Not saying Kittitas would win or lose, but Ravet hitting 30 footers isn’t uncommon. Nor is it uncommon for him to hit those while doing a step back fade...just sayin

Mantua
03-02-2018, 08:53 PM

Strictly an opinion.

Garfield’s weakness has always been playing a little out of control. Garfield is playing Beach as expected. Garfield has gone back and forth between 3A and 4A. How do you think they would play against Gonzaga Prep? I think Garfield is the best team in the state. I always root for them, but I couldn’t root for Garfield over Prep. Fortunately, the two teams won’t meet thanks to classifications. There used to be East versus West games during the summer.

SWZag
03-02-2018, 09:50 PM
I think what Mantua is saying can be likened to this:

Back in the 1999 NCAA tournament, there was an unknown team from a school in Spokane who took down giants including highly touted Florida.....

Hoopaholic
03-02-2018, 10:32 PM

Ummmm nope

But I would love wiaa going to a 4a champ vs 3a champ, 2a bs 1a and 2b bs 1b on the Saturday after state would be a sellout all day long

Mantua
03-02-2018, 10:42 PM
I think what Mantua is saying can be likened to this:

Back in the 1999 NCAA tournament, there was an unknown team from a school in Spokane who took down giants including highly touted Florida.....

What about all those naysayers who didn’t think Steph could play in the NBA? (Of course there are still plenty of Curry bashers around.)

From what I’ve seen it’s my my belief that Brock Ravet could start for any high school team in the state. Kittitas/Thorp had a much easier path to the finals than Saint George’s did, playing A physical Brewster team and talented Liberty. So, I’m asking who do you think will win tomorrow night? If Saint George’s wins, my fantasy about seeing Kittitas v Garfield will sadly fade, but I’ll still be be pretty happy being a Dragon ‘n’ all.

Radbooks
03-03-2018, 05:30 AM
Here is a link to a Twitter post with some highlights of Ravet:

https://twitter.com/SWXMike/status/969783305842212869

Zags_Fanatic
03-03-2018, 01:47 PM
Looks like the final between Kittitas and St. George's is coming up on SWX at 3pm for anyone in the Spokane area.

Zagdawg
03-03-2018, 02:15 PM
Ravet hits 2 3's early also a couple of great passes inside-- Kittitas up 8-4 early.

Zagdawg
03-03-2018, 02:23 PM
19-10 end of Q1 -- Ravet with 8 points and a couple of assists --did a good job moving his feet and drew a charge on one of St Georges starters to put him on the bench with 2nd foul.

Ezag
03-03-2018, 02:30 PM
Ravet is putting on a clinic though I want St George's to win

Zagdawg
03-03-2018, 02:41 PM
35-32 Kittitas up---Ravet with 15 pts

Zagdawg
03-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Ravet lands on a defenders foot and turns ankle -out of the game.

Zagdawg
03-03-2018, 02:58 PM
Ravet back on the floor 5:49 left in the 3rd qtr -- 41-34 Kittitas

Zagdawg
03-03-2018, 03:10 PM
50-39 Kittitas ---Ravet with 22? Tough kid--- came back in to help his team.

VanLith10
03-03-2018, 03:22 PM
59-44 with 3:45 in the 4th. Ravet with 29

Zagdawg
03-03-2018, 03:35 PM
65-50 Kittitas wins championship --Ravet with 30 points and 16 boards

Vanzagger
03-04-2018, 11:36 PM
I believe Brewster touched up big time program or 2