PDA

View Full Version : The Announcer

wiszag
02-18-2007, 08:21 AM
What is the deal with the guy announcing the games? To me its the most annoying, bush league aspect of the program. This isn't streetball, no one needs to attempt to get the crowd involved. I can't believe someone hasn't addressed this issue.

Sorry for the vitriole but I'm watching a replay of yesterday's game and it makes my blood boil everytime I hear PAARRRRGOOOOOO. GU's program doesn't need the histrionics.

LongIslandZagFan
02-18-2007, 09:07 AM
What is the deal with the guy announcing the games? To me its the most annoying, bush league aspect of the program. This isn't streetball, no one needs to attempt to get the crowd involved. I can't believe someone hasn't addressed this issue.

Sorry for the vitriole but I'm watching a replay of yesterday's game and it makes my blood boil everytime I hear PAARRRRGOOOOOO. GU's program doesn't need the histrionics.

Honestly, I kind of like it. Po-tay-toes, po-tah-toes... its all good.

sittingon50
02-18-2007, 06:00 PM
GU's longtime PA (Harv Clark) is recovering from medical issues. The last game he did was UW. Hopefully he is back next year.
The current guy is a sub. Does the women's games.

mendiant
02-18-2007, 08:16 PM
Harv does the same stuff...

PARRRRGGGOOOOOO!!!!

RAIIIVIOOO...ETC.

Just doing his job and rooting for the home team. It's the way it is in the MAC.

Nothing really to ##### about IMO.

Zag509
02-18-2007, 08:56 PM
aaaddddaaaammmmmm MMMMMMOOOORRRRRRiiiiiisssssssssoooonnnn!!!!!!

tobizag
02-18-2007, 09:08 PM
The only beef I have with the announcer was that he encouraged waving the towels...I love the towels, but I have two issues.

Number one, there was no mention on the towels that this was a basketball game...no GU logo, no Gonzaga vs Memphis embroidery, nothing.

Second, the amount of fuzzy white crap floating in the air gave me the black lung by halftime.

sanfranzagsguy20
02-18-2007, 09:12 PM
"i think i'm getting the black lung, pop. Eh-eh"

Derek Zoolander

roxdoc
02-18-2007, 09:14 PM
My towel said:
SPOKANE
Gonzaga vs Memphis
February 17, 2007

meadgrad02
02-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Pretty sure mine said the same thing.

tobizag
02-19-2007, 07:44 AM
the one's in the student section only had the Ronald McDonald Logo and the Nike Swoosh I believe...could be mistaken.

gamagin
02-19-2007, 09:25 AM
The only minor irritation is when, after screaming endlessly and waving towels and basically going hoarse, the announcer, during a tv timeout says something like, "C'MON I CAN't HEARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR YOU."

He's trying to help out the cheerleaders, I guess, but C'MON.

I yell and harass the opponent WHILE he's attempting to shoot, or shooting a ft, not while he's huddled, back to everyone, listening to his coach etch a sketch with his back to me.

This goes for K2 also. Sorta like yelling at halftime. why ?

fwiw.

yourmom
02-19-2007, 03:12 PM
This goes for K2 also. Sorta like yelling at halftime. why ?

To get a t-shirt of course :o