PDA

View Full Version : Attaboy Jesse Wade

GoZags
02-25-2018, 06:23 AM
Thought this article on Jesse deserved it's own thread (rather than being mixed with the post-game media thread). I just have this feeling that Jesse is going to emerge down the road as one of our alltime great Zags .... that he'll be a key part of the mix as the Zags continue this epic run. Sounds like the kid has a great attitude ... and deserved the "cheers" in his home state last night.

Gonzaga's LDS player Jesse Wade gets hero's welcome at BYU game

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865696318/Gonzagas-LDS-player-Jesse-Wade-gets-heros-welcome-at-BYU-game.html

ZagMan in Philly
02-25-2018, 06:46 AM
It was nice for coach to put him in the game. Can't help but root for him to do well.

bballbeachbum
02-25-2018, 06:54 AM
It was nice for coach to put him in the game. Can't help but root for him to do well.

+1
hope he can do it!

Hoopaholic
02-25-2018, 06:55 AM
Going to enjoy watching his journey

Zagceo
02-25-2018, 07:03 AM
Couldn’t imagine the adraline rush for Jessie when told ......”go in for Melson”

zagbeliever
02-25-2018, 09:39 AM
I think Jesse is going to be a big contributor down the road. I don't know how his D is but he will definitely be an asset offensively and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. The few minutes he has been in have been unselfish on his part. He seems to look for the player in better position.

ZagOD7540
02-25-2018, 10:14 AM
Not sure why everyone is jumping all over the poor kid in other posts over the season. You can see he is giving it his all when he is on the floor. We have such a small sample size. He had a great look last night from 3, but the shot just didn’t fall for him. (It would have been fantastic if he drilled it). The loose ball along the side was a tough one and I don’t think you can blame him for that. He may be older than a “true freshman” but he’s still a freshman in basketball years. Let’s give the kid some time to develop, learn the system, and get into the flow of college life. I feel he’s going to be able to come in bury shots for us and give us quality minutes over the next few years.

sittingon50
02-25-2018, 11:48 AM
Thanks GZ. Nice article & GREAT kid!

JPtheBeasta
02-25-2018, 12:42 PM
Very cool that Coach got him in during the first half in non-garbage time. I was rooting for a made 3. I don’t think we have seen the real Jesse Wade yet and look forward to him being a contributor.

Pleasant Peninsula
02-25-2018, 03:31 PM
Thought this article on Jesse deserved it's own thread (rather than being mixed with the post-game media thread). I just have this feeling that Jesse is going to emerge down the road as one of our alltime great Zags .... that he'll be a key part of the mix as the Zags continue this epic run. Sounds like the kid has a great attitude ... and deserved the "cheers" in his home state last night.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865696318/Gonzagas-LDS-player-Jesse-Wade-gets-heros-welcome-at-BYU-game.html

I think he has a real chance to make an impact ... at whichever school he transfers to.

23dpg
02-25-2018, 03:33 PM
I think he has a real chance to make an impact ... at whichever school he transfers to.

Why? Just why? (Why do you post that, not why is he transferring)

thespywhozaggedme
02-25-2018, 03:37 PM

That's a terrible post. Boo!

palmerda
02-25-2018, 03:39 PM

Wow. I never post but had to come out and say that was out of line in my opinion. Not something to be proud of at all.

former1dog
02-25-2018, 03:57 PM

Dude, you're better than this.

:(

thespywhozaggedme
02-25-2018, 04:00 PM
Wow. I never post but had to come out and say that was out of line in my opinion. Not something to be proud of at all.

You're not kidding that you never post; 14 post since 2007, wow! But you're right, that's a really poor post. Please post more often.

zagdontzig
02-25-2018, 04:10 PM

This is an uneducated comment. Coach Daniels and Kevin Pangos both disagree with you, and Wade is a talented work horse with a bright future at Gonzaga. By all accounts, he’s being groomed for rotation minutes with next year’s guard line, and then it’s up to him to fight for a start.

Not only is the sentiment of your comment mean-spirited, it’s not supported by the facts. He’s a Zag and committed to being a Zag.

RenoZag
02-25-2018, 04:16 PM
Dude, you're better than this.

:(

I doubt it.

bdmiller7
02-25-2018, 04:34 PM
I also read a lot of comments, mostly on TSSF, that sounded like Wade was being blamed for the run BYU went on, but I dont remember his man scoring and i thought he moved the ball well on offense. A lot of the comments the whole year about his lack of defense are more speculation based on size rather than what has happened in the limited game time. This team is pretty loaded at guard but next year I expect Wade to get good minutes off the bench with Ayayi backing up Perkins, Norvell, and Kispert. I think he will play solid minutes with limited mistakes and be a threat to shoot the 3.

palmerda
02-25-2018, 05:35 PM
You're not kidding that you never post; 14 post since 2007, wow! But you're right, that's a really poor post. Please post more often.

Thank you Spy. I've actually been on these boards daily going back farther than 2007, all the way back to the start of the run. Even though I'm quiet I consider you all to be a part of my internet family.

thespywhozaggedme
02-25-2018, 06:23 PM
Thank you Spy. I've actually been on these boards daily going back farther than 2007, all the way back to the start of the run. Even though I'm quiet I consider you all to be a part of my internet family.

you and me both. I've been posting since the first incarnation, maybe 3 or 4 boards, 15 or so years ago. I love reading posts from infrequent posters, good to have your input.

FuManShoes
02-25-2018, 06:47 PM
Pleasant's post is fine, though maybe save it for a non ra-ra for Wade thread.

Zaglaw
02-25-2018, 06:48 PM

+ 1 Well said.