PDA

View Full Version : Top 2019 Prospect Continues Dominant Junior Year (Drew Timme)

TexasZagFan
02-24-2018, 06:07 AM
https://247sports.com/Article/Gonzaga-Is-Pushing-Hard-For-2019-PF-Drew-Timme-Who-is-Dominating-The-Texas-High-School-Basketball-Scene-This-Year-115334899

“We always like to watch the season down the stretch, because that’s the type of basketball I need to physically and mentally prepare for. I was able to see them (Gonzaga) play against St. Mary’s. It’s impressive to see how they have been able to win this year. They don’t have a huge big man like Karnowski, but they are able to adjust and find ways to win. It just shows how good the program is and how great Coach Few is.”

Although it hasn’t become a priority for him, the Gonzaga staff continues to reiterate its message to the skilled big man.

“They’ve always had the message of me being potentially the next great big man to come through Gonzaga. They see the potential in me and that if I keep working hard, I can really fit in that mold of the Gonzaga big man.”

Maybe we have a better chance than I thought. Big D thinks he'd look great in a Zag uniform, and I agree.

thespywhozaggedme
02-24-2018, 08:05 AM
https://247sports.com/Article/Gonzaga-Is-Pushing-Hard-For-2019-PF-Drew-Timme-Who-is-Dominating-The-Texas-High-School-Basketball-Scene-This-Year-115334899

Maybe we have a better chance than I thought. Big D thinks he'd look great in a Zag uniform, and I agree.

Nice, thanks for the updates on him. His numbers are awesome, and he's playing in a huge market, so competition level can't be used as a negative. The fact that he says he watched our game with St. Mary's, knew Shem by name and all of the blue bloods with their potential trouble all bodes well with us and DT, I think.

ZagNative
02-24-2018, 03:36 PM
Nice piece. Thanks for posting the link.

TexasZagFan
02-25-2018, 09:37 AM
Bump

OntZags
02-25-2018, 02:53 PM
Bump

Wow...

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Richardson-Teens-Help-Family-Escape-House-Fire-475068503.html

Love what I've seen and those numbers are great but damn, what a sign of his character.

23dpg
02-25-2018, 03:06 PM
Wow...

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Richardson-Teens-Help-Family-Escape-House-Fire-475068503.html

Love what I've seen and those numbers are great but damn, what a sign of his character.

That is awesome! Congrats to Drew and his teammates for their heroics.

Ps. What numbers are you all referring to? I didn’t see any in the article.

thespywhozaggedme
02-25-2018, 03:31 PM
That is awesome! Congrats to Drew and his teammates for their heroics.

Ps. What numbers are you all referring to? I didn’t see any in the article.

Here:

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?58375-2019-Recruits/page16

TexasZagFan
02-25-2018, 04:43 PM
Wow...

Thanks for posting!

As to Drew's numbers, IMO there's one that stands out: 16+ rebounds a game. Sure, he's averaging 20+ ppg and at least 4 apg, and he's deadly at the FT line. He's a great teammate from what I saw of him from that one game. Small sample size, but illustrative.

It was the Drew Timme show, when his team outscored us 25-6 in the 4th quarter. He simply took over the game.

doctorzag
04-22-2018, 02:12 PM
Timme is blowing up. 4 in home visits last week. Texas Tech, Texas A@M , Notre Dame and someone else. Today two more offers. Alabama and Boston College. Going to be tough to get him.

raise the zag
04-22-2018, 03:13 PM
Timme is blowing up. 4 in home visits last week. Texas Tech, Texas A@M , Notre Dame and someone else. Today two more offers. Alabama and Boston College. Going to be tough to get him.

Don't mind the competition yet don't think Gonzaga was really in play for Timme.

Would be great get, yet he's been pretty focused on staying close to home.

Doubt he leaves Texas.

TexasZagFan
04-22-2018, 03:41 PM
I remain optimistic, Zags were one of the first to offer, and have a proven record of developing big men for the next level.

raise the zag
04-22-2018, 03:42 PM
I remain optimistic, Zags were one of the first to offer, and have a proven record of developing big men for the next level.

This.

Certainly hope so...

TexasZagFan
04-22-2018, 03:52 PM
This.

Certainly hope so...

He’s also been on campus for a visit, accompanied by his parents.

A bit O/T, but GU is the obvious destination for recruits whose main focus is “development.” The facilities compare favorably to the P5 schools, and you’re away from the bright lights and distractions of mega cities and schools.

DixieZag
04-22-2018, 04:16 PM
He’s also been on campus for a visit, accompanied by his parents.

A bit O/T, but GU is the obvious destination for recruits whose main focus is “development.” The facilities compare favorably to the P5 schools, and you’re away from the bright lights and distractions of mega cities and schools.

Agree that we are an obvious destination for development, though I think it best to note that we're not the only ones who can claim that, not sure that Lawrence Kansas or Durham NC have a lot of the bright lights and distractions, and they do some good work on development, too.

But we do have a unique mix as you've noted before. I would love to see a local kid you've seen develop become a Zag. Thx for update.

Zagger
04-22-2018, 04:34 PM
Wow! Nice fire save Timme and crew. Good luck with going forward on your BB choices and decisions!

thespywhozaggedme
04-22-2018, 06:26 PM
I really hope the staff is tweeting him Olynyk, Don'tmiss and ZC's playoff numbers and telling Drew that he could be next in line.

Bogozags
04-23-2018, 09:39 AM
I really hope the staff is tweeting him Olynyk, Don'tmiss and ZC's playoff numbers and telling Drew that he could be next in line.

Of our last five post players, four have been drafter...three were lotto picks and one, Rob was a second rounder but he did not go through the Olynyk program. Larsen is next in line and hopefully he will be able to demonstrate his skills this coming season...

thespywhozaggedme
04-23-2018, 01:23 PM
The c and pf spots have been quite good to us. Tillie should be a first rounder and Clarke may be as well.
Of our last five post players, four have been drafter...three were lotto picks and one, Rob was a second rounder but he did not go through the Olynyk program. Larsen is next in line and hopefully he will be able to demonstrate his skills this coming season...

willandi
04-23-2018, 02:32 PM

And the one that wasn't was the best center in college hoops.

cggonzaga
05-02-2018, 05:52 PM
https://twitter.com/insidethekennel/status/991811031482683394?s=21

strikenowhere
05-02-2018, 06:39 PM
https://twitter.com/insidethekennel/status/991811031482683394?s=21

Nice to see there is a consistent presence from the Zags on this guy.

cggonzaga
05-02-2018, 06:56 PM
Nice to see there is a consistent presence from the Zags on this guy.

Hope it pays off. Him and Anton would compliment each other nicely.

soccerdud
05-02-2018, 07:11 PM
Hope it pays off. Him and Anton would compliment each other nicely.

and petrusev a class ahead. that would be a heck of a versatile frontcourt.

DixieZag
05-02-2018, 07:22 PM
We seem to be on him persistently, definitely a need will be there. He does know GU basketball. But, I wonder if we are really a factor. Has he ever listed his favorites? I have looked through the thread and found little.

thespywhozaggedme
05-02-2018, 07:29 PM
We seem to be on him persistently, definitely a need will be there. He does know GU basketball. But, I wonder if we are really a factor. Has he ever listed his favorites? I have looked through the thread and found little.

He and his family visited the campus on their own dime. Doesn't that by definition imply interest?