PDA

View Full Version : Red Flag for Zags' Offense

BobZag
10-29-2007, 03:31 PM
As you all know by now, Kuso was co-leading scorer in the Blue-White Scrimmage. And as we all know, Kuso is not a prolific scorer, not by a long, long ways. Yet Kuso was the leading scorer! No other Zag, besides Downs, could muster as much offense as...Kuso? What--? Huh--? Kuso's offense was the best on the team, even if for just one night?

This tells me that GU's offense is in trouble.

former1dog
10-29-2007, 03:35 PM
WE'RE DOOMED!

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/4048/starwarsfc7.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

(Edited to add, here we go again :) )

jpwils
10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
So if Kuso was leading scorer how did Downs, Daye, Pargo, et. al. look?

I cannot believe Kuso could outscore Downs given equal playing time.

ZagNative
10-29-2007, 03:46 PM
Yup. It's started ....

http://www.martinemartin.co.uk/uploaded_images/bbdoomed-767691.jpg

roxdoc
10-29-2007, 03:47 PM
It seemed to me that there was a decided push to get the ball inside (particularly compared to last year), hence the low attempts and shooting production from both Pargo and Bouldin. Also aside from Downs, many shots were not falling and Kuso was waiting:D

thickman1
10-29-2007, 03:48 PM
During the regular season Josh should be getting those feeds down low and putting up the points. That is essentially what happened the other night yes? They fed the post and the post scored? So all will be right with the world when Jeremy and Matt are feeding the ball to Josh on the block and he can go to work and average 18-20 pts a game. Kuso can go back to be the garbage man picking up and putting away all the trash. I'm not worried.

Nevtelen
10-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Red flag? Heck, I think it's awesome! If Bouldin's playmaking (he really did have some nice dimes off of drives, I thought) and Kuso's hustle can make him the leading scorer, think of what it can do for the rest of the guys in our offense!

Honestly, none of the returning players except Downs was really looking for their own shots at all and Josh wasn't playing. Kuso happens to be the type of player that scores without having to look for his own shot. He really was a garbage man par excellence as far as I remember. If you take Pargo, Josh, and Bouldin basically out of the offense as far as scoring goes... well, looking back at it, it's not surprising that Downs and Kuso were the leading scorers while the newbies kind of found their sea-legs, so to speak (in the Spokesman article, both Gray and Daye talk about all the adrenaline and nerves at playing in front of such a large, vocal crowd - one reason their shots weren't dropping consistently until the second half when they'd had a chance to settle down).

BobZag
10-29-2007, 04:13 PM
http://captphilonline.com/images/ScreamingWoman.jpg

ZagNative
10-29-2007, 04:23 PM
People! Are we being taunted by our guru? Not nice. Not nice at all.

We like the graphics, though.

MedZag
10-29-2007, 04:23 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/doomed.jpg

tyra
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
This thread is BobZ's preseason exhibition "game." We are soooo doomed.

Ole Roy
10-29-2007, 04:29 PM
Why would the coaches want to show the country what the team has, before the season starts. This WILL BE the BEST EVER, WATCH A SEASON TO REMEMBER. and from the other corner _______________

J-Mac Zag Forever
10-29-2007, 05:07 PM
DOOMED? I got excited, he had great offensive putbacks. Several nice looking hooks and he used his body to get position offensively to receive the ball. He also had to have good hands to to receive those quick passes from Bouldin and he MADE the bunnies. What is wrong with you people? Instead of tearing the team apart congratulate Kuso on a good game.

bigblahla
10-29-2007, 05:25 PM
Better a Red flag than the Red uniforms!

Go Zags!!!

Ziggy
10-29-2007, 05:30 PM
DOOMED? I got excited, he had great offensive putbacks. Several nice looking hooks and he used his body to get position offensively to receive the ball. He also had to have good hands to to receive those quick passes from Bouldin and he MADE the bunnies. What is wrong with you people? Instead of tearing the team apart congratulate Kuso on a good game.

Exactly! He had a few great moments last year didn't he? What sould we expect ? ...More!

AnonyMoose
10-29-2007, 05:33 PM
Sigh, does anybody remember how Sacre and Foster were against Kuso for the first half, and Foster played barely then. Seriously, why not have it in the gamplan to give it to a 6'9 guy when he's playing people 50 lbs. lighter han him? Seriously, Gray and Bouldin's goal were to dish it to him not go for the bucket.

BobZag
10-29-2007, 05:45 PM
http://www.drhumor.com/graphics/header_new.jpg

ZagMan in Philly
10-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Even a redshirt like me know that we are doomed by BOB :p

J-Mac Zag Forever
10-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Yup, Zags are doomed! That should mean a lot of open seating because you all will be staying home. Let me know when I can pick up your tickets.;)

SunDevilGolfZag
10-29-2007, 06:31 PM
Makes me think back and wonder if Marc Armstead ever led the team in scoring on a given night. And if he did, I wasn't too worried about it

Hoopmeister
10-29-2007, 06:44 PM
I am really glad to hear how well Kuso played. The thing that caught my attention was the positive things that were said about his ability to catch the ball. Kuso would have had a number of games last year in the middle teens if he had only caught the ball. He had the worst hands I've ever seen for a Divion I ballplayer. But he had everything else, and especially the heart.

There was so little said about him this summer that I had to finally ask if he was still on campus and playing any ball. Someone said he was. I was glad to hear that. I really believed all summer that if Kuso could really work on catching the ball, and his footwork, that he could become the player that he was on Friday. It seems that he has. I think everyone really loved Kuso last year, and along with Pendo, I called them the two warriors on the team...and then Pargo joined that proud distinctive line of past Zags. Kuso IS a warrior, and like I said last summer during all the raves about Sacre and Daye, Kuso would be hard to overcome and beat out because of this warrior spirit. I believe he is proving that, and IMO, Friday was not a fluke. Kuso is going to be a force to recond with. I think oposing teams will be as surprised as the Zags fans are right now....

It was just awesome to hear Zaggystardust tell us that he was hitting all his free throws. Remember him last year? My god!!! Accept for those two at the end of the Memphis game that almost sealed the win for the Zags, Kuso was pretty BAD from the line. But making those two clutch free throws may have been the beginning of the new Kuso....the scoring machine.

If Kuso continues to catch the ball he will score in double digits this year. I remember the Indiana game so well. He just COULD NOT hang on to so many brilliant passes to him, and it hurt us a lot. He is such a great shot blocker and rebounder (especially on the offensive end) that if he can score in double digits on a regular basis, imagine what that will mean to the Zags. Double digit scoring from the 5 spot would be a most welcomed addition to last years team.

NEVER GIVE UP ON KUSO!!! He's a Senior Zag now!!!

Go Zags!!!.......The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

OZZag
10-29-2007, 06:48 PM
As you all know by now, Kuso was co-leading scorer in the Blue-White Scrimmage. And as we all know, Kuso is not a prolific scorer, not by a long, long ways. Yet Kuso was the leading scorer! No other Zag, besides Downs, could muster as much offense as...Kuso? What--? Huh--? Kuso's offense was the best on the team, even if for just one night?

This tells me that GU's offense is in trouble.

Has anyone seen the actual scorers sheet for the night?

Who was Kuso scoring those points against ? Sacre? Davis?

Some one mentioned that Sacre had a couple of hook shots over Foster, how many points did he score?

bartruff1
10-29-2007, 06:53 PM
But I for one will really miss Derick, he was there for around 100 wins. There were several real tight games last year that he won bringing the ball up without a turnover and hitting the winning freethrows time and again down to the buzzer. He was very underated and will be sorely missed. I don't see anyone there yet playing that role.

Nevtelen
10-29-2007, 07:05 PM
Sacre started a little slow with bad habits like bringing the ball down to his waist to gather in traffic where everyone slapped at it, but finished strong with several hooks over Foster. He clearly won't face many guys as tall as Foster, but will probably face more skilled post players in terms of footwork, etc. I'm not a great evaluator of post talent or anything, but his offense seemed to be pretty decent. He had a nice hook shot even over Foster's outstretched arms, which is an awkard proposition at best. He is not quick in the post, but he takes his time, gathers himself, works out a good plan and, at least in the second half, pretty much did what he wanted offensively. I remeber a good block in the first half of the scrimmage, too.

I think Kuso was mostly scoring on Sacre and Foster, but I don't remember for sure now. When his defender shifted to help against the drive, Kuso took the pass and boom.

MickMick
10-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Kuso made a statement. He doesn't plan to fade away into the background.

77Zag
10-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Wow...somebody has to be high point man. Why not Kuso?

zaguarxj
10-30-2007, 09:16 AM
Must be time to move Kuso to the point, where he can really run the offense.

zagfan07
10-30-2007, 11:39 AM
I am really glad to hear how well Kuso played. The thing that caught my attention was the positive things that were said about his ability to catch the ball. Kuso would have had a number of games last year in the middle teens if he had only caught the ball. He had the worst hands I've ever seen for a Divion I ballplayer. But he had everything else, and especially the heart.

Anyone remember Calum McCloud or Mammory Diaolu? I'll take Kuso's hands over theirs any day! I think Kuso's main problem last year was that he got too excited around the rim. It sounds like this year he's becoming more comfortable, but we've only seen one scrimmage so far. Let's see how he competes against teams like UConn or Tennessee; the future looks bright though!

77Zag
10-30-2007, 12:18 PM
Someone has to be high point man -- why not Kuso? He's working hard to get minutes with a very talented group.