PDA

View Full Version : Marc Cuban could be in trouble!

willandi
02-20-2018, 05:46 PM
As I was driving home this evening, JT the Brick and Looney were on.

JT was playing a podcast of Cuban with (I think he said Dr. J but that could be wrong). Cuban was telling how he had to have a talk with the Maverics because 1 1/2 years of 'tanking' was all he could handle.

If true, that may lead to some serious federal charges.

I couldn't find a link in a brief search, but will looke some more.

RenoZag
02-20-2018, 05:53 PM
NBA teams tank all the time. . .no news here. The 76ers made it an art form

willandi
02-20-2018, 06:17 PM
NBA teams tank all the time. . .no news here. The 76ers made it an art form

True, but he admitted it in a recorded podcast. That is different than just knowing it.

They didn't reduce their ticket prices, so the fans should have expected them to give their best.
They accepted the broadcast money, so the networks paying billions expected them to give their best.
The young fans that idolize them expected them to be worthy of that emotion, to have the integrity to perform to the best of their ability every time out.

We know that it is done. To admit it in a recorded conversation may well get federal scrutiny.

RenoZag
02-20-2018, 06:24 PM
Adam Silver will probably lighten Cuban's wallet. But if the Feds haven't looked at it before, why would they start now, will ? What would compel action from DOJ/FBI/ Congress ? Seems like they have bigger fish to fry these days. . .

Martin Centre Mad Man
02-21-2018, 04:35 AM
Marc Cuban has bigger problems at the Mavericks.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dallas-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation-mark-cuban-response

TexasZagFan
02-21-2018, 04:37 AM
Marc Cuban has bigger problems at the Mavericks.

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/02/20/dallas-mavericks-sexual-misconduct-investigation-mark-cuban-response

Cuban's apparently not giving any more interviews.

Getting back to basketball, there are plenty of season ticket holders who are lawyers. I expect to see a class action suit coming shortly.

TexasZagFan
02-21-2018, 04:43 AM
Adam Silver will probably lighten Cuban's wallet. But if the Feds haven't looked at it before, why would they start now, will ? What would compel action from DOJ/FBI/ Congress ? Seems like they have bigger fish to fry these days. . .

I'll laugh my rear off if Silver takes away their first round draft pick, not for tanking, but the sexual harassment imbroglio.