PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Series of Events

Angelo Roncalli
10-29-2007, 01:14 PM
The assistant prosecutor handling the Josh Heytvelt case recently received a request that the charges against Josh be dismissed four months early. He denied the request.

The request didn't come from Josh or his lawyer. It came from the agency handling his diversion.

Josh requested that his court supervision continue for the full year.

Look for a story on the local news later tonight.

LongIslandZagFan
10-29-2007, 01:20 PM
The assistant prosecutor handling the Josh Heytvelt case recently received a request that the charges against Josh be dismissed four months early. He denied the request.

The request didn't come from Josh or his lawyer. It came from the agency handling his diversion.

Josh requested that his court supervision continue for the full year.

But remember folks... according to some people out there... he hasn't changed. </sarcasm>

Glad to hear that he made this request.

ZagNative
10-29-2007, 01:30 PM
Peachy ...:( So the whole thing gets resurrected on every hoops website as well ....

229SintoZag
10-29-2007, 01:32 PM
I'd be curious to know how many other similar requests this agency has made to the court in the past in similar situations.

ZagNative
10-29-2007, 01:37 PM
Yup. Story's on the web (http://www.kxly.com/news/?sect_rank=1&section_id=559&story_id=15403).

Nevtelen
10-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Seems like Josh probably wants to avoid any possibility of anyone alleging unfair treatment (which some of course will do anyway). Also, I imagine it's a better "proof" for future employers (read: GMs) if he goes the full time with a proven clean slate. Unfortunate it'll help ressurect the story, though.

Asotin
10-29-2007, 05:36 PM
Resurrect the story? Josh's story was one of the main stories on ESPN's web page just a few days ago. For good or for bad this story is going to keep coming back up again and again. If Josh stays on the wagon it will be told as a triumph, if he falls off it will told as a tragedy. Either way it will be told again and again for the foreseeable future.

mendiant
10-29-2007, 09:49 PM
Sounds like Josh is taking it like a man...

Good for you baby!

love,
mendiant

MickMick
10-30-2007, 05:43 AM
Long ago I posted that Josh will be the lead Gonzaga story for the national media for every game. I predicted the saga would pan out in one of two possible ways.

1) Josh plays at a high level and the writeups are the "feel good" story of the year. The media always searches for that comeback story. Whether it is Bret Farve coming back from retirement or the Kentucky Derby winner coming back from a broken leg, the theme is played out over and over. They truly love to play on that theme and Josh's story could theoretically become "larger than life" as a result.

2) Josh plays at a mediocre level and he is forever depicted as the villian. Once that label is applied, he can never lose it. They will point to his poor play and comment, "the scoundrel is getting what he deserves." Ex-WSU quarterback Ryan Leaf comes to mind. The media loves the "bad guy" angle as well. Sharks in the water.

Josh will be the lead story and his level of play will determine/magnify how he is depicted from the forementioned categorys one or two. He really can't afford to play at anything other than a high level.

roxdoc
10-30-2007, 06:43 AM
But no pressure Josh!!!:o

rennis
10-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Long ago I posted that Josh will be the lead Gonzaga story for the national media for every game. I predicted the saga would pan out in one of two possible ways.

1) Josh plays at a high level and the writeups are the "feel good" story of the year. The media always searches for that comeback story. Whether it is Bret Farve coming back from retirement or the Kentucky Derby winner coming back from a broken leg, the theme is played out over and over. They truly love to play on that theme and Josh's story could theoretically become "larger than life" as a result.

2) Josh plays at a mediocre level and he is forever depicted as the villian. Once that label is applied, he can never lose it. They will point to his poor play and comment, "the scoundrel is getting what he deserves." Ex-WSU quarterback Ryan Leaf comes to mind. The media loves the "bad guy" angle as well. Sharks in the water.

I think Josh's fate will be sealed more by the team than by his individual successes or failures. If the team plays well this year, maintains some kind of ranking (or is at least relevant throughout the year), and makes the tournament, I think he'll be touted as a success even if his numbers aren't as good as people might hope for. He'd be held high by the media, no doubt about it.

If the team doesn't do well, I think the media will try and find a way to blame Josh even if he does just fine this year. Just my feeling.

Here's to hoping the team does well!