PDA

View Full Version : GU culture

Zagquette
02-17-2018, 08:21 AM
Great article about Silas and GU culture:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/feb/16/john-blanchette-silas-melson-has-been-a-key-part-o/

I realize that in reality, especially these days, not everything is perfect as we like to believe, but I do believe that Gonzaga is a special place.

As a student, I transferred to GU and felt it immediately. I think (and hope) that even during the growth of the bball program and the school, there has been care to maintain the spirit of the school and that could have easily been lost.

Love this quote:

Its hard to be a bad apple in that culture, the guy whos not a Zag. Its instilled in you and youll carry it with you the rest of your life.

TexasZagFan
02-17-2018, 08:48 AM
Great article about Silas and GU culture:

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/feb/16/john-blanchette-silas-melson-has-been-a-key-part-o/

I realize that in reality, especially these days, not everything is perfect as we like to believe, but I do believe that Gonzaga is a special place.

As a student, I transferred to GU and felt it immediately. I think (and hope) that even during the growth of the bball program and the school, there has been care to maintain the spirit of the school and that could have easily been lost.

Love this quote:

“It’s hard to be a bad apple in that culture, the guy who’s not a Zag. It’s instilled in you and you’ll carry it with you the rest of your life.”

Great post. Returned to campus for the first time in 16 years last summer. The feeling never leaves you, it's my Fountain of Youth. After camp ended for the day, who do I see shooting free throws at 10 PM? Eric McClellan...told me he came back to "get his head right." I couldn't have agreed with him more.

ZagNative
02-17-2018, 10:16 AM
Wow! Great piece! I love Silas and will miss him so much!

bballbeachbum
02-17-2018, 10:16 AM
Wow! Great piece! I love Silas and will miss him so much!

+1

zagbeliever
02-17-2018, 10:24 AM
I love Silas. An unsung hero.

Zags11
02-17-2018, 11:39 AM
Awesome.

Speak quietly and carry a big stick.