PDA

View Full Version : Seth Greenberg just picked us for the final four on game day

thespywhozaggedme
02-17-2018, 08:40 AM
They were doing this thing called circle of trust and each announcer had to pick one team that they trusted to make the final four. Jason Williams said no one, Jay Billis said Michigan State and Greenberg pick us.

willandi
02-17-2018, 08:49 AM
DOOMED

dhozagfan08
02-17-2018, 08:51 AM
Must be because of the compliments Few gave him on his podcast the other day, lol

thespywhozaggedme
02-17-2018, 09:04 AM
Must be because of the compliments Few gave him on his podcast the other day, lol

I thought that was Dakich

Hoopaholic
02-17-2018, 09:14 AM
I thought that was Dakich

He opened with praise to Seth then closed with praise to dd was absolutely hilarious

JPtheBeasta
02-17-2018, 09:17 AM
This might be as good a time as any to ask the board: Who is in your so-called "circle of trust?"

The top teams have been so inconsistent this year that it's wide open and GU has a good shot, in my opinion. I can't imagine that those GU players that have seemed to be disinterested at times this year won't bring it on the biggest stage. The guards are playing more confidently. The Zags are extending the defense, the new guys are paying better attention to their assignments, and the staff has shown that they have an answer to tough big men. Rui is perhaps the biggest wildcard piece of any bench player that will be in the tournament this year. I was down on this team a bit earlier but am drinking the Kool-Aid.

Michigan State is my non-GU pick to make the Final Four. I'm not sleeping on Purdue, but want to see how they respond to their losses first. Virginia just doesn't have the offensive firepower for me, and Xavier is on the other end of the spectrum. Villanova isn't great on defense, and I question their ability to put it all back together in time with all of the injuries. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, and North Carolina are not to be trusted to win 4 games in the tournament because of their inconsistent play. I have problems with Cincinnati's coach and could never pick them (I know that this is more visceral than cerebral, but I can't help it). I haven't seen Auburn, Texas Tech or Clemson play, I might be missing out on something, there.

My dark horse: Wichita State.

TexasZagFan
02-17-2018, 09:33 AM
This might be as good a time as any to ask the board: Who is in your so-called "circle of trust?"

The top teams have been so inconsistent this year that it's wide open and GU has a good shot, in my opinion. I can't imagine that those GU players that have seemed to be disinterested at times this year won't bring it on the biggest stage. The guards are playing more confidently. The Zags are extending the defense, the new guys are paying better attention to their assignments, and the staff has shown that they have an answer to tough big men. Rui is perhaps the biggest wildcard piece of any bench player that will be in the tournament this year. I was down on this team a bit earlier but am drinking the Kool-Aid.

Michigan State is my non-GU pick to make the Final Four. I'm not sleeping on Purdue, but want to see how they respond to their losses first. Virginia just doesn't have the offensive firepower for me, and Xavier is on the other end of the spectrum. Villanova isn't great on defense, and I question their ability to put it all back together in time with all of the injuries. Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, and North Carolina are not to be trusted to win 4 games in the tournament because of their inconsistent play. I have problems with Cincinnati's coach and could never pick them (I know that this is more visceral than cerebral, but I can't help it). I haven't seen Auburn, Texas Tech or Clemson play, I might be missing out on something, there.

My dark horse: Wichita State.

Michigan State is not in my circle of trust this year. There is too much crap swirling around them, so much that I don't think Izzo can keep his players focused enough to go deep in the Dance.

WSU's a good pick, they're a senior laden team.

I'm comfortable with our current situation, Few's tightened up the rotation, and 5 of the 7 were a part of our five March wins last year. The two that weren't, Zach and Corey, bear a striking resemblance, in basketball terms, to Arthur Bishop (Charles Bronson's character in "The Mechanic"). They are both assassins on the court.

Let's enjoy Senior Night for all it's worth. Tomorrow we can focus on what lies ahead.

GonzagasaurusFlex
02-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Zags (hope springs eternal); Virginia; Villanova; Mich St are my FF picks / circle of trust.

Even though he didn’t knock em down, I loved seeing Rui let loose a couple 3’s w confidence. He can make those as he certainly did for Japan, he just needs to know coaches / teammates have confidence in him to go for it. Man, if Rui starts knocking down 3’s Zags offense goes next level. So many guys you can say that about: Kispert, Melson, Perkins.

jazzdelmar
02-17-2018, 10:03 AM
Nova, UVa, MSU. Go with great coaches.

Reborn
02-17-2018, 10:49 AM
I'm going to wait until I find out if we'll be in West Region. I also want to see how the conference tournaments turn out for all of the conferences. No rush for me to pick now.

thespywhozaggedme
02-17-2018, 10:57 AM
I'm with Jay Williams on this one; no one. I've said my entire life that no 16 will every beat a 1, this may be the year

RenoZag
02-17-2018, 11:26 AM
I'm with Jay Williams on this one; no one. I've said my entire life that no 16 will every beat a 1, this may be the year

Maybe a ďplay inĒ team makes a deep run. Very unpredictable year so far. The conference tournaments should be chock full of upsets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thespywhozaggedme
02-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Nova, UVa, MSU. Go with great coaches.

Sparty currently down 22 at Northwestern

thespywhozaggedme
02-17-2018, 11:40 AM
Maybe a ďplay inĒ team makes a deep run. Very unpredictable year so far. The conference tournaments should be chock full of upsets.

Yes sir. Chaos reigns.....and I love it

jazzdelmar
02-17-2018, 11:41 AM
Sparty currently down 22 at Northwestern

Izzo always plays possum. Now he also cries.

Birddog
02-17-2018, 11:43 AM
I like the pub, but Greenberg is off his rocker.

thespywhozaggedme
02-17-2018, 11:58 AM
I like the pub, but Greenberg is off his rocker.

We're gonna most likely be #6 come Monday. A guy is "off his rocker" to predict the #6 team to make the FF? Way to have faith in your team.

23dpg
02-17-2018, 12:06 PM
Zags have just as good a chance as anyone. That said, there’s not a team in the nation who has a 50% chance of making the final four.

thespywhozaggedme
02-17-2018, 12:13 PM
Zags have just as good a chance as anyone. That said, there’s not a team in the nation who has a 50% chance of making the final four.

Agreed! This is the first year that I can ever remember where there is literally no dominant team whatsoever. People were saying MSU, but they're currently getting clown stomped at Northwestern.

Zagger
02-17-2018, 12:15 PM
Zags (hope springs eternal); Virginia; Villanova; Mich St are my FF picks / circle of trust.

Even though he didn’t knock em down, I loved seeing Rui let loose a couple 3’s w confidence. He can make those as he certainly did for Japan, he just needs to know coaches / teammates have confidence in him to go for it. Man, if Rui starts knocking down 3’s Zags offense goes next level. So many guys you can say that about: Kispert, Melson, Perkins.

Same teams for me too :)

ZagsGoZags
02-17-2018, 12:41 PM

I agree we have a good chance to make Final Four this year. However, the one elite team we played (ranked #1 at the time) trashed us. Last year we would have probably beat that team. If we are gelling, or have gelled by that time, I would like to think we would have a better chance to beat Villanova now than we did then, but they have undoubtedly improved also. In my opinion.

jazzdelmar
02-17-2018, 01:12 PM

Told ya.

JPtheBeasta
02-17-2018, 01:22 PM
Told ya.

That NW meltdown was enjoyable for me after what I feel was an officiating-fueled comeback that they made last year in the tournament. NW has another call to whine about, namely the jump ball that wasn't at the end of this game that put Michigan State to the line.

kitzbuel
02-17-2018, 01:27 PM

The possum woke this afternoon.

MickMick
02-17-2018, 02:25 PM
Virginia

I think they go all the way

In a year that transcendental players are lacking, this may be the year that a "system" wins it.

thespywhozaggedme
02-17-2018, 03:33 PM
Virginia

I think they go all the way

In a year that transcendental players are lacking, this may be the year that a "system" wins it.

They play great defense but they have a really difficult time putting the ball in the basket sometimes. This year it could be for number 10 seeds for all we know. Chaos reigns in men's college basketball and I love it.

seacatfan
02-17-2018, 05:00 PM
Agree w/ J Will and a few posters here, I don't trust anybody this year.

JAGzag
02-18-2018, 05:16 AM
Agree w/ J Will and a few posters here, I don't trust anybody this year.

Should make for one hell of a tournament.

Coach Crazy
02-18-2018, 07:17 AM
We're gonna most likely be #6 come Monday. A guy is "off his rocker" to predict the #6 team to make the FF? Way to have faith in your team.

Itís not about the ranking. Itís about how we look. Yes, this field doesnít have a true juggernaut. But I need to see how they look in the WCC tourney. Right now, I donít think S16 or a fortuitous run to the EE is out of the question. If Florida-game Gonzaga shows up, I think they can take the whole cake. But thatís an IF.

thespywhozaggedme
02-18-2018, 08:07 AM
It’s not about the ranking. It’s about how we look. Yes, this field doesn’t have a true juggernaut. But I need to see how they look in the WCC tourney. Right now, I don’t think S16 or a fortuitous run to the EE is out of the question. If Florida-game Gonzaga shows up, I think they can take the whole cake. But that’s an IF.

Of course it is, it is an "if" for everybody this year. That was the point of their little game yesterday and this entire thread. No one team is dominant this year. Chaos reigns in college basketball, and I love it!

VinnyZag
02-18-2018, 09:20 AM
This year reminds me of 2014, when that mediocre UConn team won the title by beating an even more mediocre Kentucky team. Something like that might happen again.

Michigan State and Purdue seem like the best teams to me, but the difference between them and GU (when GU is on its game) isn't much.

zagfan1
02-18-2018, 10:30 AM
The only teams I feel comfortable with are Mich State and Villanova. Donít think Virginia or Purdue will go that far. Virginia has no offense and Purdue has no defense. UNC isnít a championship caliber team this year and Duke will probably get tripped up along the way as usual. Our beloved Zags could go far if Perkins and Tillie are consistent for the tourney. Nevertheless should be exciting!

Bogozags
02-18-2018, 01:16 PM
I kinda lean towards defence, guard play, having decent bigs and FT shooting:

UVA good guard play, excellent defence, average bigs but excellent FT shooting

VU has good guard play a "bending but not break defence" and average bigs and excellent FT shooting

MSU good guard play, good bigs, good defence and excellent FT shooting

UNC has good guard play, very good bigs but average defence and excellent FT shooting

UA has good guard play, very good bigs, average defence and excellent FT shooting

Duke average guard play, excellent bigs, "bend but not break defence" and average FT shooting

I think all but UA could be #1 seeds and each could make the FF; however, match-ups will have be a determining factor as will their defensive play in the tournament.

I believe we can play with any of the above teams but would not like to meet any in the S16

webspinnre
02-18-2018, 03:06 PM
I trust Villanova the most.

BobZag
02-18-2018, 03:33 PM
They were doing this thing called circle of trust and each announcer had to pick one team that they trusted to make the final four. Jason Williams said no one, Jay Billis said Michigan State and Greenberg pick us.

Oh dear Seth. #smh

billbow47
02-19-2018, 03:39 PM
Nova....after them????????????