PDA

View Full Version : OT: Sort of anyway. G-Prep game Friday night

Radbooks
02-14-2018, 08:14 PM
Thursday and Friday in the Spokane Arena they are having the district 8 3A and 4A district finals. Undefeated Gonzaga Prep (22-0) will be playing undefeated Richland (22-0) at 7:30 Friday night. There are lots of other games too, but that one should be a great game and a chance to see Anton Watson. There is a lot of info on the Spokesman website (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/feb/14/district-8-4a3a-basketball-larger-tournament-ready/).

MickMick
02-14-2018, 08:17 PM
Richland is not to be taken lightly. I have watched them completely dismantle some good teams.

ZagNative
02-14-2018, 08:38 PM
It looks like Spokane fans will be able to watch G-Prep's game at 7:30 Friday on channel SWX #112.

sullyzag66
02-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Go Bombers.

Radbooks
02-14-2018, 09:19 PM
Go Bombers.

Yes, I'm pulling for them too! Need a state championship to go with the football one we got. :)

cggonzaga
02-14-2018, 10:01 PM
Should be interesting game. Two completely different styles, great offense vs great defense. 6’8” Watson vs 7’4” Riley Sorn. Should be a very very high level high school basketball game. Go Pups!

Argentum
02-15-2018, 09:25 AM
I'm leaning towards Richland on this one because I think Sorn neutralizes Jones and Richland's guards are just bigger and better than Prep's offensively. Lockett may be able to hold down Northrop a little, but that kid is playing out of his mind right now (you can watch many of Richland's games like their last one against Ferris where he went 7-11 from 3 on a YouTube station called Atomic TV- hats off to their student video production program). Watson will need to have a huge game on both ends, but I'm not convinced that Prep can turnover Richland enough to generate the offense they'll need to play with them.

On a 7 foot plus player recruiting related note- having seen both play, I actually like Sorn a lot more than Van Kommen. Van Kommen's team played Ferris in the MAC during team camp last summer and he struck me as a surly baby (pouted at times and didn't shake hands after the game) who didn't respond well to Ferris's 6'4" Mike Ervin (a GSL 1st teamer, but still) challenging him for position and not backing down. Then the next day GU offered him so what do I know? Obviously graduation year and scholarship availability could be a factor too since Sorn is a year older, but I hope this doesn't end up being another Joe Harris scenario where we missed on the local guy.

sittingon50
02-15-2018, 09:49 AM
Didn't Prep beat them down there last year?

sullyzag66
02-15-2018, 10:29 AM
Didn't Prep beat them down there last year?

Yep. 81-80.

https://youtu.be/wHHrwngpAKI

23dpg
02-16-2018, 06:26 PM
Is this game being streamed?

sullyzag66
02-16-2018, 06:50 PM

Looking; can’t find it.

23dpg
02-16-2018, 06:53 PM
It’s being listed as an 845 start now.

509er
02-16-2018, 07:15 PM
I'm leaning towards Richland on this one because I think Sorn neutralizes Jones and Richland's guards are just bigger and better than Prep's offensively. Lockett may be able to hold down Northrop a little, but that kid is playing out of his mind right now (you can watch many of Richland's games like their last one against Ferris where he went 7-11 from 3 on a YouTube station called Atomic TV- hats off to their student video production program). Watson will need to have a huge game on both ends, but I'm not convinced that Prep can turnover Richland enough to generate the offense they'll need to play with them.

On a 7 foot plus player recruiting related note- having seen both play, I actually like Sorn a lot more than Van Kommen. Van Kommen's team played Ferris in the MAC during team camp last summer and he struck me as a surly baby (pouted at times and didn't shake hands after the game) who didn't respond well to Ferris's 6'4" Mike Ervin (a GSL 1st teamer, but still) challenging him for position and not backing down. Then the next day GU offered him so what do I know? Obviously graduation year and scholarship availability could be a factor too since Sorn is a year older, but I hope this doesn't end up being another Joe Harris scenario where we missed on the local guy.

Ervin from Ferris is rough. He took it right at Watson numerous times when Ferris played prep and definitely held his own despite bring at a significant height disadvantage.

adoptedzag
02-16-2018, 07:20 PM

Nwprepsnow.com

adoptedzag
02-16-2018, 07:21 PM
Nwprepsnow.com

Fixing link. Stupid mobile heheh

http://www.nwprepsnow.com

23dpg
02-16-2018, 07:23 PM
Fixing link. Stupid mobile heheh

http://www.nwprepsnow.com

LC vs CV girls on right now. Is the GPrep game being streamed afterwards?

SWZag
02-16-2018, 08:07 PM
This game by Prep and Richland may be better to watch than the actual finals. These are two good teams. Where it's Richland's 7'3 big man, Sorn, going?

23dpg
02-16-2018, 08:09 PM
GP up 15-8 after the first quarter.

willandi
02-16-2018, 08:17 PM
LC vs CV girls on right now. Is the GPrep game being streamed afterwards?

I'm watching the boys now

Zag_Dad
02-16-2018, 08:21 PM
Did they just show Rui at the game?

sullyzag66
02-16-2018, 08:22 PM
Rui and Tille are in the house.

soccerdud
02-16-2018, 08:23 PM

and ayayi and beach and tillie and jeremy jones at least. looks like zags get front row seats.

NEC26
02-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Watson seems ok. His effort on the defensive end is pretty low. Sorn is affecting this game the most but is limited offensively.

23dpg
02-16-2018, 08:24 PM

Yup, I think most of the team is there watching the game.

GP up 26-22 at the half. The pups haven't had much success from the outside but their defense has been good.
I'm impressed with the big Richland kid. He might be on pace for a triple double. He's blocked a bunch of shots and changed many others.

SWZag
02-16-2018, 08:27 PM
Yup, I think most of the team is there watching the game.

GP up 26-22 at the half. The pups haven't had much success from the outside but their defense has been good.
I'm impressed with the big Richland kid. He might be on pace for a triple double. He's blocked a bunch of shots and changed many others.

Great to see at least most of the GU team there. Pretty cool. That's got to be awesome for Watson.

Soran is raw, but he definitely could turn into a good player with the right coach...and GU is known for developing big men.

I really like the Richland guard, #10, Cody Sanderson. Crafty guard.

Good to see Tommy's son, Liam, playing also for Prep!

23dpg
02-16-2018, 08:35 PM
my feed just froze. anyone else?

SWZag
02-16-2018, 08:36 PM

Yes

Radbooks
02-16-2018, 08:37 PM
Here's a link to game stats

https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/games/51439-gonzaga-prep-vs-richland

23dpg
02-16-2018, 08:38 PM
What a bummer. I was enjoying the game.

sullyzag66
02-16-2018, 08:40 PM

Yes. I’m out of the SWX/KHQ DMA. Wonder if that has anything to do with it. The SWX App wouldn’t play for me for that reason.

23dpg
02-16-2018, 08:45 PM
I don't think Prep has scored since the feed went out. Richland up 34-33 now.:mecry:

sullyzag66
02-16-2018, 08:46 PM
You can listen here.

http://streema.com/radios/1510_KGA_Sports_Talk

23dpg
02-16-2018, 08:47 PM
You can listen here.

http://streema.com/radios/1510_KGA_Sports_Talk

Thanks.

23dpg
02-16-2018, 08:49 PM
Somehow the audio is behind the Livestats. It's like being able to predict the future.

NEC26
02-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Fun game to watch. Sorn is pretty good. Needs to add bulk and muscle but he is a guy I would love to see at GU.

Zagineer
02-16-2018, 09:19 PM
Final. GP wins 56-53.

Watson 19 pts
Jones 15 pts
Lloyd 11 pts
Parola 5 pts
Lockett 4 pts
Culp 2 pts

Sorn had 19 pts also.
Richland went 11 for 11 FT's.

Too bad the stream dried up early in Q3.

SWZag
02-16-2018, 09:23 PM
Fun game to watch. Sorn is pretty good. Needs to add bulk and muscle but he is a guy I would love to see at GU.

I'd have to agree!

Would be nice to see these two in the WIAA 4A final game!

cggonzaga
02-16-2018, 10:28 PM
I'd have to agree!

Would be nice to see these two in the WIAA 4A final game!

Should happen as long as they’re on opposite sides of the bracket. There’s not two better teams on the 4A side if not the whole state.

roxdoc
02-16-2018, 10:36 PM
Last 1 min of play - generally a 2 point margin with the ball changing hands 4 or 5 times, fouls, steals etc. Exciting....but announcers got so excited talking about the last play, steal, free throw that they never said the time left until it finally got down to 13 seconds. Unnecessary addition to drama!

ZagNative
02-16-2018, 11:00 PM
Spokesman-Review game story (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/feb/16/district-8-4a-boys-top-rated-gonzaga-prep-holds-of/#/5)

Anyone know where and who G-Prep plays next?

vandalzag
02-17-2018, 06:12 AM
Good game. Two very good teams. It looks like they will meet in the semis if the seeding holds out, which is too bad since they are the top 2 in the state. Would really like to see a combined 3A/4A 8 team tourney to see how these guys stack up against the 3A teams. Watson played well, tough to give up that much height to Sorn. Prep's D was really good last night. Cool to see the Zags at the game, just another reason to like the program.

thespywhozaggedme
02-17-2018, 06:46 AM
Wonder why we chose to offer Van Komen over Sorn.

23dpg
02-17-2018, 06:55 AM
Wonder why we chose to offer Van Komen over Sorn.

No idea. Before the feed went out, I was very impressed by what I saw out of Sorn.
Not a big sample size. And of course I’ve never seen Van Komen play.

willandi
02-17-2018, 07:21 AM
No idea. Before the feed went out, I was very impressed by what I saw out of Sorn.
Not a big sample size. And of course I’ve never seen Van Komen play.

He is the 48 ranked Center for 2018 (and was down 3 spots), according to Scout. With 1 open schollie, would you want to give it to Sorn? Van Kommen is #27 for the next year. Maybe a pick your poison, or maybe the coaches know more about available slots than we do.

He looked good, but it wasn't against other height, so just not sure.

23dpg
02-17-2018, 07:24 AM
He is the 48 ranked Center for 2018 (and was down 3 spots), according to Scout. With 1 open schollie, would you want to give it to Sorn? Van Kommen is #27 for the next year. Maybe a pick your poison, or maybe the coaches know more about available slots than we do.

He looked good, but it wasn't against other height, so just not sure.

I agree. That’s what I meant by “no idea”. But I was surprisingly impressed by Sorn. He will play somewhere.

jyboc
02-17-2018, 07:35 AM
I was at the game and live, Sorn did not pass the “eye” test. He did not look good at all. I know his stats were good but wow. He couldn’t use his size to his advantage at all, had very weak shots and did not look athletic at all. He did have some great blocks and rim protection but that’s about it. He would not even be close to seeing the court at GU. Just my $0.02

vandalzag
02-17-2018, 07:57 AM
I was at the game and live, Sorn did not pass the “eye” test. He did not look good at all. I know his stats were good but wow. He couldn’t use his size to his advantage at all, had very weak shots and did not look athletic at all. He did have some great blocks and rim protection but that’s about it. He would not even be close to seeing the court at GU. Just my $0.02

Kind of saw the same. Watson at 6 7 was playing him pretty tough. I see them both as very similar players with VK being younger. Sorn looks to be a Big Sky level player. Either way both would be a project but VK is younger.

NEC26
02-17-2018, 08:18 AM
Obviously he needs to bulk up but I watched the whole game and Sorn had a whole lot more effect on that game than Watson ever did. I know Watson ended up with 19 but much of that came late with intentional fouls at the end.
7 foot 3 guys are not going to wow you with athleticism but to my eye he has potential.

jbslicer
02-17-2018, 12:27 PM

How would you compare Sorn to Ryan Edwards? Edwards didn't see much of the court either.

a13coach
02-17-2018, 12:41 PM
I have seen Sorn only twice this year, including last night, and feel he gets by a lot by his height and not because he has great basketball skill which seems to be average at best. But you cannot coach height. Richland protects him on defense by having him guard the paint (basically a 4-1 semi-zone where the other four mostly play man to man and Sorn just stays in the paint). He is not quick or all that mobile. He has developed shots that take advantage of his length but at the next level he will find it very difficult as he does not posses D-1 strength. He will get pushed all over the place. This is not to say he cannot contribute but I will take VK's potential any day over Sorn. VK at least has strength and bulk going for him.

Mantua
02-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Spokesman-Review game story (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/feb/16/district-8-4a-boys-top-rated-gonzaga-prep-holds-of/#/5)

Anyone know where and who G-Prep plays next?

We won’t find out until Sunday.

maynard g krebs
02-17-2018, 03:20 PM
Should happen as long as they’re on opposite sides of the bracket. There’s not two better teams on the 4A side if not the whole state.

A little East Side homerism? I went to Garfield/Cleveland last night, and Garfield has four legit high major talents, and 3-4 others that can play some level of CBB. Top 10 nationally. Put up 99 on a good Cleveland team featuring WSU signee CJ Elleby.

Federal Way is frequently putting up 100+ in the SPSL, traditionally the toughest/deepest 4a league in the state, and certainly won't be a pushover v Prep or Richland. Last year an undersized and unheralded, but deep and experienced Kentwood surprised everybody by winning 4A, when they didn't (I think) manage to win the SPSL.

maynard g krebs
02-17-2018, 03:24 PM

Pretty much agree, based on what I saw at state a year ago. Will Foster-like w/ a bit more offensive skill was what I saw; can block some shots but weak/thin/slow. Of course it takes big kids longer and you never know, but very much a project. Van Komen (sp?) looks better on highlight tapes imo.

cggonzaga
02-17-2018, 05:01 PM
A little East Side homerism? I went to Garfield/Cleveland last night, and Garfield has four legit high major talents, and 3-4 others that can play some level of CBB. Top 10 nationally. Put up 99 on a good Cleveland team featuring WSU signee CJ Elleby.

Federal Way is frequently putting up 100+ in the SPSL, traditionally the toughest/deepest 4a league in the state, and certainly won't be a pushover v Prep or Richland. Last year an undersized and unheralded, but deep and experienced Kentwood surprised everybody by winning 4A, when they didn't (I think) manage to win the SPSL.

You know it maynard! Although it usually works the other way ;). I’m not saying it will be a cakewalk for either team but they’re clearly the favorites on the 4A side with Fed Way. I’d certainly put them up against any team in the state though.

Not that common opponents always matter but Prep and Garfield have both played West Seattle. Prep beat them by 16 and Garfield by 6 and 7 in two games.

SunDevilGolfZag
02-17-2018, 06:35 PM
I perceive that G Prep's defensive intensity makes it an elite team amongst all the west-side glamour.

jyboc
02-17-2018, 06:47 PM
How would you compare Sorn to Ryan Edwards? Edwards didn't see much of the court either.

No comparison Edwards could use his size and body to his advantage yet still couldn’t find playing time, and rightfully so. We complain about Larson not seeing the floor this year and he is a million times better than Sorn. Not to rip on the kid, but we past the project days of Calum Macleod and Will Foster.

Murphy outgo lifer
02-17-2018, 09:11 PM
No comparison Edwards could use his size and body to his advantage yet still couldn’t find playing time, and rightfully so. We complain about Larson not seeing the floor this year and he is a million times better than Sorn. Not to rip on the kid, but we past the project days of Calum Macleod and Will Foster.

Interesting analysis. How do you feel about Matt Van Komen? To be honest I feel that he is a 5 year player and a project. Due to development time, in my opinion, he probably wont have an impact (if ever) until his 4th and 5th year and even then I see it hard to put him on the floor when we are facing 6-9 or 6-10 athletic PFs and Centers like JW3 which most of the good teams have. I feel like he will get pushed around by bigger centers and I think more athletic bigs will be able to out-run and out-jump him.

The recruiting has been interesting as it seems we are not recruiting balanced players with potential to be effective on both ends. Ravet is a flat-out scorer and passer but his defensive is suspect and due to size and athleticism will probably never be great. Van Komen has good size and defensive instincts but his offensive game is severely limited and with most 7-3 + guys probably wont ever be super effective. Greg Foster Jr. has great size but very little scoring ability at the moment. These recruits I feel like will do very well in the WCC, however, I think they are similar recruits to the previous years where we get exposed when we face the best teams in the country.

Anton Watson seems like he could be a really good two way player and so does Dominick Harris in 2020 but that is a long ways away.

I really like your analysis and I am curious to hear your thoughts on other recruits and potential recruits.

maynard g krebs
02-17-2018, 09:43 PM
Not that common opponents always matter but Prep and Garfield have both played West Seattle. Prep beat them by 16 and Garfield by 6 and 7 in two games.

Prep probably plays better team ball; I won't see this edition till State. Roy said the loss to Sea Prep probably did his team good, because they tend to cruise and now they have to focus because it's loser out for them.

I'd be happy to see the Zags sign either Jamon Kemp or Marjon Beauchamp, though w/ Roy coaching them they're probably UW locks, though Beauchamp (2020) looks like he could get some attention from the blue bloods. 6'5, long, natural scorer with a feathery soft jumper, and plays above the rim.

ZagNative
02-18-2018, 02:43 PM
From Twitter:

Dave Nichols SR @DNicholsSR

Dates and locations for WA regionals have been posted. 4A boys #1 seed Gonzaga Prep vs #8 Sunnyside on Friday at U-Hi at 6pm. 4A girls #1 Central Valley vs #8 Camas on Saturday at noon at U-Hi.

Radbooks
02-18-2018, 02:47 PM
Brock Ravet is playing at 8:00 on Friday night in Ellensburg.

cggonzaga
02-18-2018, 09:37 PM
Prep probably plays better team ball; I won't see this edition till State. Roy said the loss to Sea Prep probably did his team good, because they tend to cruise and now they have to focus because it's loser out for them.

I'd be happy to see the Zags sign either Jamon Kemp or Marjon Beauchamp, though w/ Roy coaching them they're probably UW locks, though Beauchamp (2020) looks like he could get some attention from the blue bloods. 6'5, long, natural scorer with a feathery soft jumper, and plays above the rim.

Prep has 2 really good D1 players imo. We know Anton but Jamari Jones is turning himself into D1 I believe. Sam Lockett may be the best perimeter defender in the state. Other than that you have a bunch of team guys. Lloyd maybe turns himself into D1.

From Twitter:

Dates and locations for WA regionals have been posted. 4A boys #1 seed Gonzaga Prep vs #8 Sunnyside on Friday at U-Hi at 6pm. 4A girls #1 Central Valley vs #8 Camas on Saturday at noon at U-Hi.

Theoretically Prep and Richland could be on opposite sides of the bracket if Prep won regional game and Richland lost. Most likely they meet in semi’s.

a13coach
02-19-2018, 09:32 AM
Prep has 2 really good D1 players imo. We know Anton but Jamari Jones is turning himself into D1 I believe. Sam Lockett may be the best perimeter defender in the state. Other than that you have a bunch of team guys. Lloyd maybe turns himself into D1.

Theoretically Prep and Richland could be on opposite sides of the bracket if Prep won regional game and Richland lost. Most likely they meet in semi’s.

I agree about Jones, he has a motor and spunk that would benefit many D-1 teams. Lloyd has some athleticism, 3-pt range, but is thin and not really willing to bang it up and avoids contact, the upside is that he is only a soph and has time to fill out and change his game toughness.
As for the matchup the WA HS Basketball folks did not want to see an all eastside state championship game and essentially put G-Prep and Richland on the same side. If both win their respective first games they would meet on March 1 in the quarter finals. Oh and the WA HS Basketball idiots use RPI as seeding. Sad to see such an in-accurate system used at this level. http://www.wpanetwork.com/tournament.php?act=view&league=1&page=1&school=0&sport=3&tournament_id=2512

EEzag
02-19-2018, 09:38 AM

Lloyd is a lot like Stockton. Fantastic IQ and good scoring ability, but will struggle defensively. Jones is pretty good, he is a great athlete but is a long way from D1 skill set.

It's hard to gauge prep players because they are a defensive juggernaut. You need to see them in AAU to get a better feeling for overall skill set and mismatch potential. Watson looks good at Prep, and elite in AAU. That being said, the Zags new level of play requires a very high level defense and athletes to play it. These Prep players might produce more Zag players in the years to come.

cggonzaga
02-19-2018, 10:15 AM
I agree about Jones, he has a motor and spunk that would benefit many D-1 teams. Lloyd has some athleticism, 3-pt range, but is thin and not really willing to bang it up and avoids contact, the upside is that he is only a soph and has time to fill out and change his game toughness.
As for the matchup the WA HS Basketball folks did not want to see an all eastside state championship game and essentially put G-Prep and Richland on the same side. If both win their respective first games they would meet on March 1 in the quarter finals. Oh and the WA HS Basketball idiots use RPI as seeding. Sad to see such an in-accurate system used at this level. http://www.wpanetwork.com/tournament.php?act=view&league=1&page=1&school=0&sport=3&tournament_id=2512

Still looks to me like semi’s. Winner 13 plays winner 14.

a13coach
02-19-2018, 10:37 AM
Still looks to me like semi’s. Winner 13 plays winner 14.

You are correct. My bad. Thanks for the catch.

ZagNative
02-19-2018, 04:25 PM
Gonzaga Prep moves into the USA Today Top 25: http://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/basketball/2017/12

BobZag
02-20-2018, 07:55 AM
Keep up the updates and scores for Prep-Watson and Kittitas-Ravet.

Thanks.

SWZag
02-20-2018, 08:42 AM
The 4A bracket, below, has already been linked. But also below are the other classifications.

4A: http://www.wpanetwork.com/tournament.php?act=view&league=1&page=1&school=0&sport=3&tournament_id=2512 (G-Prep)
3A: http://www.wpanetwork.com/tournament.php?act=view&league=1&page=1&school=0&sport=3&tournament_id=2513
2A: http://www.wpanetwork.com/tournament.php?act=view&league=1&page=1&school=0&sport=3&tournament_id=2476
1A: http://www.wpanetwork.com/tournament.php?act=view&league=1&page=1&school=0&sport=3&tournament_id=2501
2B: http://www.wpanetwork.com/tournament.php?act=view&league=1&page=1&school=0&sport=3&tournament_id=2515 (Kittitas)

Tidbit:
3A - Kelso (20-4) is in the state tourney, winning the district championship after beating previously unbeaten Lincoln (23-1), North Thurston (21-3) and Wilson (20-5). Kelso next plays Timberline, who features Wichita State-bound Erik Stevenson. The last time Kelso won the district championship was in 1993, when Tommy Lloyd was a senior on a deep Kelso team. Also on that team was Ryan Chilton (7'0), who holds the Colorado State record for blocked shots. Ryan's younger brother, Eric (7'1), red shirted at GU during the '98 - '99 season. A pretty funny story from David Boling's book "Tales from the Gonzaga Bulldogs Locker Room:"

Land of the Giants
Seven-foot prospect Eric Chilton lured Dan Monson and Bill Grier to Kelso, where they discovered a race of giants. It seemed to them that the entire family measured out in the seven-foot range. To accommodate the family’s dimensions, every stick of furniture in the house was oversized.
Monson tried to project the image of professionalism, and sell Gonzaga as a big-time program, but he convulsed when he looked over at Grier, dressed in his finest suit, seated in a living room chair…and his feet didn’t reach the floor!

ZagNative
02-24-2018, 03:29 PM
Both G-Prep and Kittitas play in the quarterfinals on Thursday at 5:30, G-Prep in the Tacoma Dome and Kittitas in the Spokane Arena.

I'll be looking for live stats here:

Kittitas: https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/teams/139708-kittitas-coyotes/games

G-Prep: https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/teams/129176-gonzaga-prep-bullpups/games

ZagNative
02-28-2018, 08:14 PM
From Twitter:

No. 1 Gonzaga Prep boys will face No. 2 Skyview in a quarterfinal tomorrow at 5:30. Skyview was upset by no. 7 Enumclaw in a regional last week and beat No. 10 Glacier Peak today 68-67. Yet another reason to go full-16 at state.

23dpg
02-28-2018, 08:33 PM
From Twitter:

Same thing in the 3A. The 1 and 2 seeds meeting in the quarterfinals. It seems that Washington State always messes up their HS tourneys.

Hoopaholic
02-28-2018, 08:43 PM
Same thing in the 3A. The 1 and 2 seeds meeting in the quarterfinals. It seems that Washington State always messes up their HS tourneys.

But if my fighting Irish had taken care of a regional win the matchup with Garfield would not be occurring

Be the best got to beat the best

cggonzaga
02-28-2018, 11:00 PM
From Twitter:

While Skyview is ranked #2 in the RPI, I don’t believe those in the know would suggest they’re the 2nd best 4A team in the state. If they play Prep within 10 that’ll be a mild upset. Most believe a semi final game of Prep and Richland will be the true state championship. Federal Way and maybe Lewis and Clark would give either team a decent matchup. My guess and hope is that we’ll see 3 of the 4 teams in the semi’s from the east side of the mountains. Truthfully, Ferris should also probably be in that mix but we know the WIAA couldn’t possibly have 4 teams from Eastern Washington in the state tourney.

Hoopaholic
03-01-2018, 05:29 AM
While Skyview is ranked #2 in the RPI, I don’t believe those in the know would suggest they’re the 2nd best 4A team in the state. If they play Prep within 10 that’ll be a mild upset. Most believe a semi final game of Prep and Richland will be the true state championship. Federal Way and maybe Lewis and Clark would give either team a decent matchup. My guess and hope is that we’ll see 3 of the 4 teams in the semi’s from the east side of the mountains. Truthfully, Ferris should also probably be in that mix but we know the WIAA couldn’t possibly have 4 teams from Eastern Washington in the state tourney.

It’s odd that 3a is heavy I-5 corridor while 4a is heavy east side of mountains

Wish Wiaa would go to a super state tournament where winners of 3a play winner of 4a
Doable now under current state tournament layout

cggonzaga
03-01-2018, 10:08 AM
It’s odd that 3a is heavy I-5 corridor while 4a is heavy east side of mountains

Wish Wiaa would go to a super state tournament where winners of 3a play winner of 4a
Doable now under current state tournament layout

That would be great.

Mantua
03-01-2018, 04:34 PM
MaxPrep Washington Rankings:

https://www.maxpreps.com/rankings/basketball/1/state/washington.htm

Note - This ranking disregards classification.

Skyview is ranked 9th.

Saxon_zag
03-01-2018, 04:40 PM
Prep should blow this whole field out by double digits. If Richland is really the 2nd best the state has to offer this has got to be a down year especially on the west side of the state..When you're private and can recruit going up against a bunch of public schools, it's kind of obvious what's going to happen.. It's why Prep and Bellarmine are seemingly always in the mix. Advantage over every other 4A school.

Mantua
03-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Prep should blow this whole field out by double digits. If Richland is really the 2nd best the state has to offer this has got to be a down year especially on the west side of the state..When you're private and can recruit going up against a bunch of public schools, it's kind of obvious what's going to happen.. It's why Prep and Bellarmine are seemingly always in the mix. Advantage over every other 4A school.

Every private school has been accused of that practice for the last three decades. It’s rarely true. Public schools recruit from time to time. (Nathan Hale, Garfield lately)

Mantua
03-01-2018, 05:04 PM
Prep live play by play:

https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/games/52083-skyview-vs-gonzaga-prep/scorebookcast

23dpg
03-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Prep up 30-27 at half. Watson with 14 at half.

Saxon_zag
03-01-2018, 05:47 PM
Every private school has been accused of that practice for the last three decades. It’s rarely true. Public schools recruit from time to time. (Nathan Hale, Garfield lately)

I'm not saying anything under the table is going on. Private schools can draw athletes from a 50 mile radius of their school. Big advantage

Nathan hale's state title stunk to all hell. Blame Romar for that, that guy is a piece of work for that whole Michael Porter Jr. fiasco. But Porter Jr. did live in the Nathan Hale district because Romar hired his dad with no prior mens bball experience as his highest paid assistant :explode:

Mantua
03-01-2018, 06:07 PM
I see your point. Most private schools are still kinda up and down. My kid’s school had a very tall and pretty skilled player who transferred from a public school. She was a godsend to the basketball team and accusations abounded. Her reason for leaving public school was that her religion didn’t allow her to play from sundown Friday to sundown on Saturday. The public school would not allow her to play. Our school respected her choices. She missed a couple of games. There are all kinds of reasons for parents to send kids to private schools, but most are considering college prep and fewer restrictions on the curriculum for gifted children.

23dpg
03-01-2018, 06:07 PM
GPrep wins 59-52. Watson scores 24.

ZagNative
03-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Kittitas plays Adna tomorrow, March 2, at 7:15; Live stats will be here: https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/teams/139708-kittitas-coyotes/games

G-Prep plays Richland tomorrow, March 2 at 7:15; Live stats will be here: https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/teams/129176-gonzaga-prep-bullpups

cggonzaga
03-01-2018, 09:50 PM
As suspected, Prep, LC and Richland all in semis. Prep and Richland should be a classic. I like LC’s chances against Fed Way.

proudzagparent
03-01-2018, 11:38 PM
Had to chuckle at Saxonzags’ post. I seem to recall that Ferris’ two most recent b-ball state championships were won by teams comprised of players outside the Ferris attendance area. And with their POY center D. Casto who could jump out of the gym, Ferris boosters wrote the book for Bellevue football program as to how to make talented but ineligible high school athletes “eligible.” As another poster suggested, the “Gonzaga Prep recruits” whine has been around just about as long as grapes have soured.

Hoopaholic
03-02-2018, 06:09 AM

Rick neuhisel the other day on podcast was talking about his time he volunteered at rainier beach after being fired by UW and how he drove a star player home almost 40 miles south of Tacoma

Saxon_zag
03-02-2018, 07:12 AM
Had to chuckle at Saxonzags’ post. I seem to recall that Ferris’ two most recent b-ball state championships were won by teams comprised of players outside the Ferris attendance area. And with their POY center D. Casto who could jump out of the gym, Ferris boosters wrote the book for Bellevue football program as to how to make talented but ineligible high school athletes “eligible.” As another poster suggested, the “Gonzaga Prep recruits” whine has been around just about as long as grapes have soured.

Players? Huh? I grew up with 4 of the 5 starters on the state championship teams. Definitely all lived in district. Casto went to Freeman and wanted to go to a larger school where he would get more exposure.. The closest school to Freeman that fits that bill is Ferris. That's like 10 years old and very tired lol...

That's the point though, Ferris gets one guy from another school and starts beating g-prep by 30 and you should have heard the whining those years from prep. It was amazing. Now their roster is a bunch of kids that are phsyically division-1 athletes (jones, Watson, Culp, etc.) along with the zags coaches kids and we get to hear how great they are for beating up on all these public schools lol

ZagNative
03-02-2018, 07:37 AM
Fun TNT video interview of Anton: http://www.thenewstribune.com/latest-news/article203037764.html

Spokesman-Review game story for G-Prep game: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/mar/01/boys-4a-no-1-gonzaga-prep-gets-help-from-backup-no/#/0

proudzagparent
03-02-2018, 08:12 AM
Chuckling harder now, Saxonzags. Even by your pretended version of the facts his motivation to go to Ferris and live for two years with a series of coaches and other olayers’ parents (who lived outside Ferris attendance area) was basketball-motivated. Your pretend version admits ineligibility under WIAA rules. But even that version is pretended. Tell us where he enrolled the summer after his junior year at Ferris, making him ineligible to return to Ferris later that summer for his senior year? Yet he somehow did, baseb in a phonied-up claim of homelessness. You’re right, ancient news — until a guy named saxonzag comes on a basketball board and falsely accuses another high school of violating WIAA rules to win a championship.

SWZag
03-02-2018, 09:33 AM

#2 O'Dea just lost to Tommy Lloyd's alma mater, Kelso, 57 - 54. Kelso is also playing without there second leading scorer due to an emergency appendectomy surgery on Sunday before Tacoma.

Saxon_zag
03-02-2018, 01:55 PM
Chuckling harder now, Saxonzags. Even by your pretended version of the facts his motivation to go to Ferris and live for two years with a series of coaches and other olayers’ parents (who lived outside Ferris attendance area) was basketball-motivated. Your pretend version admits ineligibility under WIAA rules. But even that version is pretended. Tell us where he enrolled the summer after his junior year at Ferris, making him ineligible to return to Ferris later that summer for his senior year? Yet he somehow did, baseb in a phonied-up claim of homelessness. You’re right, ancient news — until a guy named saxonzag comes on a basketball board and falsely accuses another high school of violating WIAA rules to win a championship.

This is literally 10 years ago. Parents of those GSL teams that took those 30 point beatings for a couple years really don't forget i guess. I forgot about that whole Franklin fiasco but remembering provided me a laugh as well. Only fair considering all the chuckles I'm providing you with! Casto was actually homeless for a period and watched his drug-abusing mother die when he was 7 years old. He came from much tougher circumstances than you, of course this isn't the type of kid G-prep could take a chance on but i'm glad it worked out the way it did at Ferris.

I didn't accuse g prep of doing anything under the table.. Already stated that in my 2nd post on the matter. Private schools can draw kids from a 50 mile radius of their school. Public schools can't. Bellarmine and G prep are the only 2 private schools in Washington 4A - they have that advantage and will consistently be towards the top because of it. Sorry that offends some people?

Radbooks
03-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Fun TNT video interview of Anton: http://www.thenewstribune.com/latest-news/article203037764.html

Spokesman-Review game story for G-Prep game: http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/mar/01/boys-4a-no-1-gonzaga-prep-gets-help-from-backup-no/#/0

Thanks, ZN!!! Fun interview.

vandalzag
03-02-2018, 03:19 PM
This is literally 10 years ago. Parents of those GSL teams that took those 30 point beatings for a couple years really don't forget i guess. I forgot about that whole Franklin fiasco but remembering provided me a laugh as well. Only fair considering all the chuckles I'm providing you with! Casto was actually homeless for a period and watched his drug-abusing mother die when he was 7 years old. He came from much tougher circumstances than you, of course this isn't the type of kid G-prep could take a chance on but i'm glad it worked out the way it did at Ferris.

I didn't accuse g prep of doing anything under the table.. Already stated that in my 2nd post on the matter. Private schools can draw kids from a 50 mile radius of their school. Public schools can't. Bellarmine and G prep are the only 2 private schools in Washington 4A - they have that advantage and will consistently be towards the top because of it. Sorry that offends some people?

The advantage is the lack of boundaries. The disadvantage is cost and academic standards. Both of these are limiting factors. Add in the fact that Prep has a 2A enrollment competing against 4A schools and the deck is stacked even further. When Prep is winning it is looks like they have all the advantages, but they do not always win. To prove your point they would dominate in all sports across the board.
The Casto kid was another thing all together. I put that more on the kid and than any sense of Ferris recruiting. He was good for winning hoops but Ferris did themselves no favors buy doing the things they did to keep him eligible and it nearly came back to bite them but at least they got those state titles.

ZagNative
03-02-2018, 06:23 PM
Waiting for game start. Live stats will be here: https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/games/52150-gonzaga-prep-vs-richland

Mantua
03-02-2018, 07:15 PM
Prep getting so many fouls called on them in the first half!

At the half:
Bullpups 23
Bombers 26

23dpg
03-02-2018, 07:58 PM
Gonzaga Prep and Richland going to OT.

It appears that GP missed the front end of two 1&1s in the last minute or so. Then they hit a two pointer to go up 3, Richland then hits a 3 to tie it up.

sullyzag66
03-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Gonzaga Prep and Richland going to OT.

It appears that GP missed the front end of two 1&1s in the last minute or so. Then they hit a two pointer to go up 3, Richland then hits a 3 to tie it up.

Appears it was Anton Watson who missed that free throw but he just put the Pups up by two in OT.

Zag_Dad
03-02-2018, 08:12 PM
Prep wins in OT with Anton Watson’s 3 to go up by 3.

23dpg
03-02-2018, 08:12 PM
Prep wins 53-50 in ot. Watson hits the game winning 3.

Mantua
03-02-2018, 08:13 PM
Anton hits a 3 putting Prep up by 3 for the win.

Mantua
03-02-2018, 08:14 PM
I guess we’re are all pretty excited about that 3!

Whew! What a grind.

Zags_Fanatic
03-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Here's the video of the game winner: https://twitter.com/Tweet_By_Dustin/status/969802687758794752

Zags_Fanatic
03-02-2018, 08:15 PM
And here is Anton dunking over Riley Sorn :drool: https://twitter.com/Tweet_By_Dustin/status/969792239445598208

23dpg
03-02-2018, 08:17 PM
Here’s a link to the game winner. Turnaround 3 at the buzzer.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TJCotterill/status/969802632586969088/video/1

katman50
03-02-2018, 08:17 PM
A fun game to watch. Two very good teams. Anton Watson wins it with a 3 in overtime. He seems like a very unselfish player. I get the impression he can darn near score at will, if he wants. Glad the Zags got him. Watson had a nice 2 handed jam over their 7-3 center, Riley Sorn. (?)

23dpg
03-02-2018, 08:27 PM
Here’s a link to the crazy sequence that sent the game to OT.
Richland ball, Prep steals it and goes in for the dunk. Richland brings it right back up and hits a long 3.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aaronlommers/status/969798913531174914/video/1

seacatfan
03-02-2018, 08:36 PM
3A Championship game is Garfield vs. Rainier Beach, not exactly a surprise.

seacatfan
03-02-2018, 10:28 PM
4A Championship game is G Prep vs. Federal Way, Eastside against Westside.

cggonzaga
03-02-2018, 10:47 PM
Should be some fun games tomorrow. I’ll take Prep and Garfield in double digit wins.

Radbooks
03-03-2018, 05:24 AM
Not sure if this will work or not, but here is a picture of Anton dunking over 7'4" Riley Sorn last night:

https://twitter.com/KREMEvan/status/969857090607919104

Zagdawg
03-03-2018, 07:34 AM
https://twitter.com/NWBallers/status/969962839187243008

Zags_Fanatic
03-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Game will be broadcast on ROOT as soon as BYU-USD ends. USD came back from a 17 point deficit in second half.

ZagNative
03-03-2018, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Zags_Fanatic!

Live stats for G-Prep/Federal Way: https://scorebooklive.com/basketball/games/52338-gonzaga-prep-vs-federal-way

cggonzaga
03-03-2018, 03:08 PM
Prep down 29-20 at half. Good defense holding a 80ppg team to 29 so far but prep can’t score outside of Watson on other end

Radbooks
03-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Liam Lloyd is looking pretty good today!

Radbooks
03-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Anton needs to work on his free throws - he's 3 for 8 today in a very close game.

ZagNative
03-03-2018, 03:54 PM
Boy, exciting game finish!

Radbooks
03-03-2018, 03:56 PM
Yeah, fun to watch!

NEC26
03-03-2018, 04:05 PM
whats it on?

Radbooks
03-03-2018, 04:05 PM
It's on ROOT NW, but it just ended. :( Prep wins!

Zagdawg
03-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Anton leads them to another championship.

Radbooks
03-03-2018, 04:20 PM
Anton leads them to another championship.

Another?

cggonzaga
03-03-2018, 04:22 PM

Radbooks
03-03-2018, 04:23 PM
Oh, I thought he was indicating Anton had another championship... just wasn't thinking I guess. :)

72Prep
03-03-2018, 04:34 PM
How about those PUPS!

cggonzaga
03-03-2018, 04:43 PM
Should win another next year as well.

maynard g krebs
03-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Should win another next year as well.

"Should" strikes me as a bit presumptuous. Bogus 4th on McDaniels changed this one. Prep was damn lucky twice in two nights.

After seeing the semis in person, I thought Few Way would win today.

72Prep
03-03-2018, 05:11 PM
Bogus 2nd foul on Watson. When he sat much of the 2nd FedWay extended their lead. Bad fouls happen. Good teams win in the end.

NEC26
03-03-2018, 05:25 PM
Maynard judging by your posts on G prep the last few weeks and today you seem to have an ax to grind with them. Curious why.

cggonzaga
03-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Bogus 2nd foul on Watson. When he sat much of the 2nd FedWay extended their lead. Bad fouls happen. Good teams win in the end.

Beat me to it. Prep best team in 2nd half.

Presumptuous yes maynard. Still think it happens though. Prep missing one of their better players this year due to knee injury. Returns almost everybody.

seacatfan
03-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Wow! Garfield up 3 in closing seconds, they go for the foul to prevent a 3 point shot. Refs give Beach a really strange continuation call and they get 3 FTs. Hit all 3 w/ 2 seconds left. OT. Have I ever mentioned I hate refs? Way too much control over how a game can transpire.

seacatfan
03-03-2018, 09:00 PM
Well it shouldn't have gone to OT, but Garfield prevails easily in the extra session. Brandon Roy has won back to back State Championships at two different schools in his first two years as a head coach.

Stache
03-03-2018, 09:09 PM
Don’t let Saxon know about the kids moving all over the Metro league, following coaches, following other players, and chasing championships because that might sound like recruiting at the public schools.....

ZagOD7540
03-03-2018, 09:34 PM
"Should" strikes me as a bit presumptuous. Bogus 4th on McDaniels changed this one. Prep was damn lucky twice in two nights.

After seeing the semis in person, I thought Few Way would win today.

...Because the 2nd foul on Watson in the 1st Q was legit too? Clean block of the glass and player just fell. Watson had to sit awhile too.

seacatfan
03-03-2018, 09:37 PM
Don’t let Saxon know about the kids moving all over the Metro league, following coaches, following other players, and chasing championships because that might sound like recruiting at the public schools.....

Ha ha. Yeah, at least one of the players from Garfield was on that Nathan Hale Championship team last year.

After the FBI finishes cleaning up college athletics, maybe they can move on to high school athletics next.

maynard g krebs
03-03-2018, 09:56 PM
Maynard judging by your posts on G prep the last few weeks and today you seem to have an ax to grind with them. Curious why.

No "axe to grind". Remember cgg predicted a dbl digit win over Fed Way for G Prep, and said that their game w/ Richland should have been the final, and suggested LC might give Fed Way a hard time. Also used comp scores to suggest or imply Prep might be as good as Garfield.

I never started those discussions. I have merely responded to what has been said by others that I saw as disrespectful to the teams over here. I saw all 4 of the 2011 games Sarbaugh's team played, when they shut down Wroten, Bell, and Lacy's teams in a row, and that was one of my all time favorite hs teams. And I went into that tourney rooting for Bell.

On the other topic, 4th foul trying to get out of the way is imo significantly more impt than second foul, called incorrectly but at least on a shot block. Second foul you can still play some D; 4th you can't. jmo.

maynard g krebs
03-03-2018, 10:04 PM
Ha ha. Yeah, at least one of the players from Garfield was on that Nathan Hale Championship team last year.

After the FBI finishes cleaning up college athletics, maybe they can move on to high school athletics next.

Fuller and Beauchamp both. Open enrollment in Seattle, so kids can move freely. Rainier Beach has been doing it for years, recruiting out of state as well. And there's the Bellevue fb scandal. But, same deal w/ the privates, from Oak Hill to Findlay to Eastside Catholic. Oh, and a prep school in eastern Wa.

Somehow it's dirty if an inner city public school does it, but it's ok for the privates? Should be the same for everyone. And there's already a huge advantage for those w/ the money.

seacatfan
03-03-2018, 10:35 PM
Fuller and Beauchamp both. Open enrollment in Seattle, so kids can move freely. Rainier Beach has been doing it for years, recruiting out of state as well. And there's the Bellevue fb scandal. But, same deal w/ the privates, from Oak Hill to Findlay to Eastside Catholic. Oh, and a prep school in eastern Wa.

Somehow it's dirty if an inner city public school does it, but it's ok for the privates? Should be the same for everyone. And there's already a huge advantage for those w/ the money.

If monitoring college athletics is difficult, high school athletics is probably close to impossible. Just too many schools. Prep schools, they shouldn't even be competing against other high schools. They should just be traveling barnstorming all star teams, that's what they really are. Maybe not G Prep so much, but the Oak Hills and Findlays for sure. And Montverde.

cggonzaga
03-03-2018, 10:56 PM
No "axe to grind". Remember cgg predicted a dbl digit win over Fed Way for G Prep, and said that their game w/ Richland should have been the final, and suggested LC might give Fed Way a hard time. Also used comp scores to suggest or imply Prep might be as good as Garfield.

I never started those discussions. I have merely responded to what has been said by others that I saw as disrespectful to the teams over here. I saw all 4 of the 2011 games Sarbaugh's team played, when they shut down Wroten, Bell, and Lacy's teams in a row, and that was one of my all time favorite hs teams. And I went into that tourney rooting for Bell.

On the other topic, 4th foul trying to get out of the way is imo significantly more impt than second foul, called incorrectly but at least on a shot block. Second foul you can still play some D; 4th you can't. jmo.

Come on maynard, being a little sensitive for a Westsider aren’t you? The 4A classification saw the champion, 3rd and 4th place finishers from the East side. As well as the champion on the girls side. Maybe it’s about time the East side gets some credit? Prep didn’t exactly play great this weekend.

Also a bit of a reach on fouls. Officiating wasn’t exactly kind to either team. McDaniels 4th was way more of a foul than Watson’s 2nd although neither were fouls. They both had same effects as each player sat about the same amount of time. I don’t think time of game makes a difference with those two out. Eagles went on run with Watson out and Pups went on run with McDaniels out.

I still believe Prep and Richland are two best teams in 4A. Despite LC playing poorly they were in Fed Way game until the end. Would still love to see Prep and Garfield play.

seacatfan
03-03-2018, 11:06 PM
Spokane and Yakima schools have done well at the 4A level in men's and women's hoops for years. Plenty of champions have come from South Sound too, Federal Way, Kent, Tacoma. Seattle schools dominate the 3A level. It gets convoluted when some of the schools jump back and forth between 4A and 3A.

Mantua
03-04-2018, 08:39 AM
Wow! Garfield up 3 in closing seconds, they go for the foul to prevent a 3 point shot. Refs give Beach a really strange continuation call and they get 3 FTs. Hit all 3 w/ 2 seconds left. OT. Have I ever mentioned I hate refs? Way too much control over how a game can transpire.

The refs have always been questionable in the state tournaments.

If Prep has a good defensive guy to replace Lockett there’s a good chance they go 27-0 next year too.

TravelinZag
03-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Some other notes: Central Valley Girls’ Win gave Greater Spokane League both State titles (any CV players of interest to Lady Zags?); Prior to last night’s games, one national ranking had the Bullpups at #12, but 3A Garfield at #6. Really? Know Garfield has a long proud history, but would this year’s team (not undefeated) take the Bullpups?; and finally, GU have an interest in Lloyd’s son?

Saxon_zag
03-04-2018, 10:04 AM

Oh trust me I know about it. All the respect I had for Brandon Roy as a player has pretty much gone out the window with his entrance into coaching. Goes to Nathan Hale just for Porter, gets a bunch of kids to come with him and wins state easily with the all-star team. Then jets to garfield and brings Beauchamp with him and whoever else? Yikes. Nathan Hale back to winning like 5 games or less this year... It's taking away from the fun that used to be Washington high school basketball. That and the classifications are messed up and shifting all too often. Garfield was 4A previously as I remember Ferris playing them when they had Tony Wroten, they were always competitive in 4A. Now they move down to 3A but both the 3A teams looked better than anything that 4A is offering this year... I realize it's off student enrollment but the competitive balance is kind of lame and with all the best teams playing each other state could be a lot more exciting.

seacatfan
03-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Some other notes: Central Valley Girls’ Win gave Greater Spokane League both State titles (any CV players of interest to Lady Zags?); Prior to last night’s games, one national ranking had the Bullpups at #12, but 3A Garfield at #6. Really? Know Garfield has a long proud history, but would this year’s team (not undefeated) take the Bullpups?; and finally, GU have an interest in Lloyd’s son?

CV has a pair of Stanford bound twins (the Hulls) that are fairly highly rated. They were 27-0 this season and absolutely dominant. They won State 2 years ago, and I think were runner ups last year. Just saw in the paper they are 81-1 over the last 3 years.

Zags_Fanatic
03-04-2018, 11:55 AM
CV has a pair of Stanford bound twins (the Hulls) that are fairly highly rated. They were 27-0 this season and absolutely dominant. They won State 2 years ago, and I think were runner ups last year. Just saw in the paper they are 81-1 over the last 3 years.

Also ranked #2 in the country according to the computers and #13 according to the experts. GU boys ranked #12 and #25 respectively as well.

a13coach
03-04-2018, 12:38 PM

Lexie and Lacie Hull are the Stanford commits and Hailey Christopher is a U of Idaho commit. I mentioned the CV girls program in the Zags Women forum here, (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?62345-Kylee-Griffen-and-Lake-Stevens-win-district&p=1368271#post1368271) and I haven't heard yet if the Lady Zags have targeted any of the others but I do know that they are at least watching. I happened to be at LC earlier this year watching a boys JV game being played at the same time as the varsity girls and saw Coach Fortier in attendance.
(http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?62345-Kylee-Griffen-and-Lake-Stevens-win-district&p=1368271#post1368271)