PDA

View Full Version : A Discussion of Jesse Wade

Ezag
02-12-2018, 10:13 AM
I really thought he would be a solid contributor this season. Does anyone know his status?

23dpg
02-12-2018, 10:16 AM
I really thought he would be a solid contributor this season. Does anyone know his status?

He’s the 10th man in an 8-9 man rotation. I think the 2 years off followed by the shoulder issues left him constantly playing catch-up.

Birddog
02-12-2018, 10:21 AM
Looks pretty obvious that he is the 9th or 10th option. Whether injury or talent or both holding him back is the question.

Murphy outgo lifer
02-12-2018, 10:22 AM
He’s the 10th man in an 8-9 man rotation. I think the 2 years off followed by the shoulder issues left him constantly playing catch-up.

If the coaches feel that his shoulder issues have limited his practice time and therefore limited his playing time can they request a medical redshirt? If not this has been a complete waste of eligibility.

johno
02-12-2018, 10:27 AM
If the coaches feel that his shoulder issues have limited his practice time and therefore limited his playing time can they request a medical redshirt? If not this has been a complete waste of eligibility.

But with the two year mission he is already a 20/21 year old freshman.

ZagsObserver
02-12-2018, 10:34 AM
It’s a tight rotation. Larsen doesn’t even get minutes, and Jones only gets a few in games that aren’t blowouts. Don’t read too much into it.

Mr Vulture
02-12-2018, 10:36 AM

He's not eligible for a medical redshirt and they wouldn't do that anyway. The fact is that Jesse hadn't played competitive basketball in two years and then had the shoulder injury. Bottom line is that he lost too much time to be able to contribute much this year. I still think he will help the program in the coming years, he's just having typical freshman adjustment period like many do.

Coach Crazy
02-12-2018, 10:52 AM
He's really gonna have to prove himself. We'll know his future after next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JPtheBeasta
02-12-2018, 11:04 AM
I thought he would end up playing a few minutes a game to rest Perkins. Poor guy. I hope that injury didn't derail his chances of putting his fingerprint on this one. When there are hardly minutes for Kispert and Jones, I can see why he hasn't cracked the rotation much. Next year, Ayayi provides a completely different skill set and will be competing with Wade for minutes (and Ayayi thinks his skill set gives him a chance at the NBA, if I remember and interview of his correctly). Will Few and Co. need shooting or defense more next year? Norvell and Kispert should only get better offensively, and will be playing a lot of minutes. Rui may end up playing a lot at the 3. Melson, who I think is our best defender, is leaving. I worry for Wade and really hope he can carve out a niche next year.

ZagMan in Philly
02-12-2018, 12:06 PM
Wade is the backup point guard for Perkins next year right??
Hope his shootings will be his best contributions.

hooter73
02-12-2018, 12:09 PM
I thought he'd be playing a freshman-junior Stockton-esque back up type role this year but get why he hasnt as far as the rotation goes IF his shoulder and skills are a bit behind. Few has played two point guards in conjunction a lot in the past so I think that had a lot to do with everyone thinking he'd be seeing the floor. I followed him all through high school, he was a player through and through. Really hope I get to see him play some more.

23dpg
02-12-2018, 12:12 PM
Wade is the backup point guard for Perkins next year right??
Hope his shootings will be his best contributions.

No guarantees. Ayayi will be eligible too.
Competition will be fierce.

JoeZag
02-12-2018, 12:18 PM
Nothing against Wade, but I just think he was a complete recruiting miss. He is smaller and slower than expected which makes him a real liability on defense. His shooting has not been as advertised either. I know it is a small sample size, but when you have limited opportunities you have to take advantage and shine and he just hasn't done that. With two big point guards backing up Perkins next year in Foster and Ayayi I just don't see a place for him. He appears to be the odd man out and I would not be surprised to see him depart for someplace like Utah State. Just my opinion; I have no inside information or anything. Cheers!

Murphy outgo lifer
02-12-2018, 12:21 PM
He's not eligible for a medical redshirt and they wouldn't do that anyway. The fact is that Jesse hadn't played competitive basketball in two years and then had the shoulder injury. Bottom line is that he lost too much time to be able to contribute much this year. I still think he will help the program in the coming years, he's just having typical freshman adjustment period like many do.

Why wouldn't they medically redshirt him? Is all this talk about him already being too old to want a redshirt year actually something he said or just people assuming? I played a year of baseball in college before not returning to serve in the military and when I returned to college I was planning on resuming playing but I decided I was going to get a job to pay for school instead - not sure how much eligibility I had left anyway. Point is I would have kept playing until I was 25-26 if I had a scholarship. You just never know.

stevet75
02-12-2018, 12:45 PM
I was under the impression that the two year LDS mission counted as his red shirt year.

TheGonzagaFactor
02-12-2018, 12:59 PM
I was under the impression that the two year LDS mission counted as his red shirt year.

Unless he was enrolled and taking classes at GU during his mission, it shouldn't have counted towards anything. A quick search of the subject suggests to me that those two mission years don't count against you in any way as far as the NCAA is concerned.

You can take a two year mission, redshirt, medical redshirt if necessary, play 4 years. Would result in a 26ish year-old 6th year senior.

Gonzagit
02-12-2018, 01:12 PM
Nothing against Wade, but I just think he was a complete recruiting miss. He is smaller and slower than expected which makes him a real liability on defense. His shooting has not been as advertised either. I know it is a small sample size, but when you have limited opportunities you have to take advantage and shine and he just hasn't done that. With two big point guards backing up Perkins next year in Foster and Ayayi I just don't see a place for him. He appears to be the odd man out and I would not be surprised to see him depart for someplace like Utah State. Just my opinion; I have no inside information or anything. Cheers!

I totally agree. I donít understand the people clamoring that he should get more minutes. Our coaching staff gets to see him everyday up against high caliber D1 talent and doesnít think he can have an impact out there.... and they are probably right. If the coaching staff doesnít trust him with some of the clunkers Perk has had, heís probably not even close to getting out there. Given his religion, his lack of minutes, and his dad already complaining about playing time on social media, itís MY OPINION that he will probably end up at BYU or a program in Utah. Heís been a total whiff so far.

Markburn1
02-12-2018, 02:09 PM
I totally agree. I don’t understand the people clamoring that he should get more minutes. Our coaching staff gets to see him everyday up against high caliber D1 talent and doesn’t think he can have an impact out there.... and they are probably right. If the coaching staff doesn’t trust him with some of the clunkers Perk has had, he’s probably not even close to getting out there. Given his religion, his lack of minutes, and his dad already complaining about playing time on social media, it’s MY OPINION that he will probably end up at BYU or a program in Utah. He’s been a total whiff so far.

Can you point me to where his dad is complaining?

raise the zag
02-12-2018, 02:11 PM
I have hope for Jesse Wade, but quite honestly, he isn't the best fit for the Zags' style...anymore.

Zags have slowly started transitioning their flex to a more aggressive motion, dribble drive offense the last few years. Not to mention, our more aggressive defense requiring guards to FIGHT through screens.

Wade is pure finesse. He makes move to get open shots. We are running less sets and asking our guards to find spots themselves or cut to the hoop to open things up.

This is not Jesse's game, especially given his somewhat mysterious stability issues (no cause or previous injury). He is/will be a tremendous shooter -- as such, he'll always have a spot on this team, but as a spot up shooter.

Just watch Silas, Norvell, NWG, occasionally Perkins sacrifice their bodies, physically push through screens, or aggressive attack ball screens on offense, or near the hoop. Perkins doesn't drive as much given his shooting and quick bursts of speed.

I have read on the board Jesse is being protected from ball screens given his shoulder issues. For whatever reason, his shoulder doesn't dislocate (it'd almost be better as they'd know how to fix), but rather "subluxes" whenever he reacts too quickly or is screened. This occurs about every 3rd practice or game. These little "stingers" give him discomfort for about 24 hrs, then back to normal.

This has stunted his development some, but simply put....his game isn't the current/modern day Zags anymore. Since Pangos, we have evolved. Not talking about recruiting rankings or better athletes, but our offense has changed, and our defense.

Wade will be left behind unless he puts on serious muscle, more physicality, and becomes more aggressive on the court. Otherwise, we'll continue to recruit around him.

BTW, Ravet is not Wade. Not saying better or worse, but 10X, actually 100X more aggressive as a player. More gritty, sacrifices himself, more raw strength (although same size), and just more explosiveness. Both are defensive liabilities, but Ravet is a better fit than Wade's game.

jazzdelmar
02-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Norvell is the new paradigm for GU wings & guards.

willandi
02-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Unless he was enrolled and taking classes at GU during his mission, it shouldn't have counted towards anything. A quick search of the subject suggests to me that those two mission years don't count against you in any way as far as the NCAA is concerned.

You can take a two year mission, redshirt, medical redshirt if necessary, play 4 years. Would result in a 26ish year-old 6th year senior.

Isn't that known, among coaches, as a Grant Gibbs?

MileHigh
02-12-2018, 03:24 PM
Why wouldn't they medically redshirt him? .

Wade is not eligible for a medical hardship.

You cant apply for a medical hardship unless you suffer a season ending injury AND you have played in 30% or less of the games. It has to be documented by a physician that the nature of the injury was season ending. It usually only applies to kids that are seriously injured early in the the season.

Wade did not suffer a season ending injury and he has already played in more than 30% of the regular season games

jake
02-12-2018, 03:33 PM
Can you point me to where his dad is complaining?

You can read it as complaining or just a Dad believing in his son wanting him to see more time. His twitter has retweeted several tweets asking for more minutes for Jesse. Also posts like this https://twitter.com/ejwade7/status/944072639135358976

https://twitter.com/ejwade7/status/943166521328648192

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc5Dlghnommy9A2Nxc1shbfj7_SzMEPJ-eZqtM0/

billbow47
02-12-2018, 03:49 PM
Hard to forget that prior to Wade signing, he was on campus scrimmaging with old and, at the time current Zags. As the report goes, Jeremy Pargo went to Few and said to him, "whatever you do, don't let that guy (Wade), leave without signing him," or something along those lines. Pargo obviously saw something special with Wade. Hopefully this is all about a bad shoulder.

jazzdelmar
02-12-2018, 04:05 PM
You can read it as complaining or just a Dad believing in his son wanting him to see more time. His twitter has retweeted several tweets asking for more minutes for Jesse. Also posts like this https://twitter.com/ejwade7/status/944072639135358976

https://twitter.com/ejwade7/status/943166521328648192

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bc5Dlghnommy9A2Nxc1shbfj7_SzMEPJ-eZqtM0/

Borderline call. In the best light it’s backing his boy; in worst, it’s a complaint. I’ve been there. Really hurts. But if the Nike fits......Still, there are programs in which he would thrive.

ZagsGoZags
02-12-2018, 04:47 PM
If these are complaints, they are mild,
what can we expect from a Dad, and one who promoted GU to his son, I am sure ...
This is not the first parent who saw the value of GU in developing players, and assumed their son would get lost of PT ...
College coaches have so much more immunity from parents than high school and middle school coaches.

bigblahla
02-12-2018, 04:57 PM
I'm a fan.... the kids a gun slinger that hasn't had a pistol in his hands for a couple years and has a wing issue...he probably is just rounding into real game shape....

is he at his best....No
do the coaches know this...Yes
does he know this....Yes

There's a video online that is the real Jesse Wade in war like battle mode bringing his high school team back virtually single handed...he has the heart and the skill set....a very good basketball IQ...he's a crafty shifty quick point guard who can facilitate. He can finish at the hoop against size because he can create his own shot.....he will adjust to D1 defense and what is required but he is not there yet....on offense he is doing what he is asked to do....and nobody is telling him to go carry the TEAM....but don't doubt that it's within him cause it sure as hell is....he's a stone cold baller who hasn't got back to balling yet...maybe he never will but I'll ride with him.... and when it finally turns on we'll all be smiling.. :D

I hope he can get there so just like with Stocks, Hart and now Snaxxx some of the closed minds here get opened and recognize the talent they are watching....

Not trying to hijack the thread...Don't know how to spell Snaxxx....just like Jesse I recognized his talent and became a fan the first time I saw one of his high school videos ....I use xxx because he is a triple threat....scores, defends and rebounds....he will be a dynamic floor general and has already proven himself to be a good facilitator...we haven't seen anything yet....just a tantalizing a peek at what's to come...

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!

jpn17
02-12-2018, 05:07 PM
I'm a fan.... the kids a gun slinger that hasn't had a pistol in his hands for a couple years and has a wing issue...he probably is just rounding into real game shape....

is he at his best....No
do the coaches know this...Yes
does he know this....Yes

There's a video online that is the real Jesse Wade in war like battle mode bringing his high school team back virtually single handed...he has the heart and the skill set....a very good basketball IQ...he's a crafty shifty quick point guard who can facilitate. He can finish at the hoop against size because he can create his own shot.....he will adjust to D1 defense and what is required but he is not there yet....on offense he is doing what he is asked to do....and nobody is telling him to go carry the TEAM....but don't doubt that it's within him cause it sure as hell is....he's a stone cold baller who hasn't got back to balling yet...maybe he never will but I'll ride with him.... and when it finally turns on we'll all be smiling.. :D

I hope he can get there so just like with Stocks, Hart and now Snaxxx some of the closed minds here get opened and recognize the talent they are watching....

Not trying to hijack the thread...Don't know how to spell Snaxxx....just like Jesse I recognized his talent and became a fan the first time I saw one of his high school videos ....I use xxx because he is a triple threat....scores, defends and rebounds....he will be a dynamic floor general and has already proven himself to be a good facilitator...we haven't seen nothing yet....just a tantalizing a peek at what's to come...

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!

Agreed, I'm still pretty high on Wade too. I just hope he doesn't get discouraged with how this season has gone. If he works hard in the offseason and can avoid any more setbacks, I think he will definitely be a contributor next season.

zagbeliever
02-12-2018, 06:02 PM
I hope Jesse hangs in there for next year. I've seen videos of his shooting and I think he can be a real asset. I doubt this year we will see much more of him but next year.

Zagger
02-13-2018, 04:05 AM

It's the slower part JZ mentions that has caught my eye. Jesse looks a bit tentative too. I hope he can get up to speed with continued work with the team. Taking 2 years off has got to have an impact and I can't imagine that a mission, or any sort of non physically demanding work, is very conducive to keeping in tip top shape. I still hold out with lots of hope and expectations for Jesse though. He chose GU early on and I'm betting he's putting in the time and effort to be a solid contributor to the team. It's been his dream for some time.

JAGzag
02-13-2018, 05:44 AM
I hope Jesse hangs in there for next year. I've seen videos of his shooting and I think he can be a real asset. I doubt this year we will see much more of him but next year.

I can't imagine he'd leave, we certainly haven't recruited over him in 2018. After all, he's what, a 21 year old Freshman and transferring he'd have to sit ANOTHER year? Kid needs to heal his shoulder and get back his mojo. If that happens, with all the complaints we have about Perkins at the point (if he doesn't leave as a grad transfer), I can't imagine he wouldn't see more time next year.

TexasZagFan
02-13-2018, 06:05 AM
I'm no expert, but to think that Jesse would return to form quickly after not playing competitive basketball for two years was folly.

The backcourt is spearheaded by two veterans with NCAA tournament wins of 10 and 7, respectively. Not enough minutes to go around, and Jesse's shoulder problems hampered his progress.

Josh to leave as a grad transfer? Why would he do that?

Zaglaw
02-13-2018, 06:10 AM
+1 to bigblahla

ZagsObserver
02-13-2018, 06:10 AM
Iíd take Wade over Foster. Give it time. But I donít see how Foster, who provides nothing in the way of offense, will be ahead of Wade. He will get a shot.

ZenZag
02-13-2018, 06:13 AM
Great and tough young man to be sure. However, just the other day we had a whole thread about this year's team being deficient on 3 point defense. I can't see that improving with Wade out there. Shorter....both height and wingspan...and noticeably slower. None of this is in any way a knock on him as a player. Just perhaps his fit, in this system, at this time. Maybe he will surprise next year. And maybe he also could end up being a great team leader.

Reborn
02-13-2018, 06:16 AM
One other thing about GU guards is that they need to rebound. Perkins is a pretty good rebounder, and NWG was an excellent rebounder.

Sandpointzagsfan
02-13-2018, 06:32 AM
Seeing wade in his limited time this year he really needs to work on his quickness and athleticism, you can see that he lacks some. Just my 2 cents

Sandpointzagsfan
02-13-2018, 06:33 AM
Also dranginis didn’t get a lot of minutes his first 2 years and he turned out to be a great zag in my opinion.

TheGonzagaFactor
02-13-2018, 06:51 AM
We all saw his highlight videos, and as a SLC resident I loosely followed his senior season.

Of course he could play in HS. He showed up and competed in scrimmages at GU before he signed.

I can't read too much into anything I've seen on the court in his GU career. He's relatively rusty and has the recurring shoulder issue.

From what I've read, players often struggle to hold up physically coming off of a 2-year mission. No surprise that Jesse would have a hard time getting back to 100% game shape, especially seeing as he has tougher competition for minutes than anyone ever has at BYU.

So I have no issue with what we've seen of him in a GU uniform. To me, that's pretty much expected. Small sample size without him ever really getting into a rhythm.

My concern:

It doesn't look like he grew AT ALL in his hiatus from competitive basketball. I think it was expected he'd grow some, still being small for top level NCAA ball but big enough to be a solid backup and get minutes given how talented he is (kind of the same hope we have for Ravet, although a different type of player). Whenever Wade steps out on the court I'm amazed how small he looks. If he had grown some, I'd expect him to step into the rotation next year. With 6'5+ Ayayi and 6'6+ Foster on the roster next year, it's gonna be tough unless he shoots 50%+ from 3 with consistency.

Wade is a tough one for me because if he leaves he will surely go score a lot of points at BYU or something, but I also don't see him getting into the rotation at GU. I hope he goes and gets serious PT at a D1 school, but you know he's gonna burn us for 30 one night if he gets 2 shots at GU every year.

I hate to read into anything too much, but in the game at SMC I saw a play where the whole bench was celebrating wildly and Jesse was just standing there with no expression and "clapping" like Brett Favre did for Caitlyn Jenner. Nothing against Jesse, I have no idea what was going through his mind (maybe he was tired from celebrating so hard on previous plays, or the camera caught him at the exact wrong moment?) but I had to stop the recording after because it stood out to me so much. He just looked totally uninterested. I see why he's bummed out, but it just stood out to me.

zagdontzig
02-13-2018, 06:59 AM
I think we'd do ourselves a service looking at David Stockton's career trajectory, and taking a chill pill. David could sniff spot minutes early. By the end of his career, few was tipping off with Pangos and Bell, then moving Pangos to the 2 and subbing Stockton in for point. I see Wade as a 20-25 minute depth contributor by his junior year.

jazzdelmar
02-13-2018, 07:14 AM
We all saw his highlight videos, and as a SLC resident I loosely followed his senior season.

Wade is a tough one for me because if he leaves he will surely go score a lot of points at BYU or something, but I also don't see him getting into the rotation at GU. I hope he goes and gets serious PT at a D1 school, but you know he's gonna burn us for 30 one night if he gets 2 shots at GU every year.

Wade has some D1 options but I am pretty sure BYU would not be one.

Hoopaholic
02-13-2018, 07:26 AM
I suspect injury has not allowed for progression.....summer of healing and engagement and we will see a different kid is what I suspect

hooter73
02-13-2018, 07:49 AM
I think we'd do ourselves a service looking at David Stockton's career trajectory, and taking a chill pill. David could sniff spot minutes early. By the end of his career, few was tipping off with Pangos and Bell, then moving Pangos to the 2 and subbing Stockton in for point. I see Wade as a 20-25 minute depth contributor by his junior year.

Exactly what I hope for, but I do have to wonder if our style of play now could facilitate guards like Stockton and Pangos nowadays.

vandalzag
02-13-2018, 07:51 AM
Too early to write him off. Combine the 2 years off and an injury that appears as though only surgery can cure and he is very limited in the ability to showcase his ability. Part of the issue was hyped up by so many on this board as the second coming. ABE had him as the starting PG the day Jesse set foot on campus. The expectations were way to high. Hopefully it works out and he can carve out some space in the roster. It is a tough adjustment for some. Most if not all these guys were the man in HS and adjusting to not being the guy can be tough. Makes what Silas did that last 4 years very special. He could have left and found a program that would let him put up 15 shots a game and be the focus of the offense. Instead he stayed and sacrificed personal for team goals.

Birddog
02-13-2018, 08:20 AM
ABE had him as the starting PG the day Jesse set foot on campus.

ABE who?

sittingon50
02-13-2018, 10:39 AM
ABE who?

Ouch.

seacatfan
02-13-2018, 11:12 AM
I'm no expert, but to think that Jesse would return to form quickly after not playing competitive basketball for two years was folly.

How does BYU do it? Their players returning from their LDS mission routinely hit the ground running right away.

jazzdelmar
02-13-2018, 11:13 AM
How does BYU do it? Their players returning from their LDS mission routinely hit the ground running right away.

Better players.

Zaglaw
02-13-2018, 11:18 AM
Better players.

I don't even know how you can make that assessment right now. Patience . . .

seacatfan
02-13-2018, 11:22 AM
Better players.

In some cases. But they have a bunch of players that miss 2 years of competitive basketball, they must have some kind of system that facilitates them getting back into the flow quickly.

zagfan1
02-13-2018, 11:36 AM
I am not giving up on Wade. He took 2 years off so it will take a bit longer to get up to the expected speed of play.

Therunner
02-13-2018, 12:02 PM
I beg fellow posters to please refrain from this absolutely bogus "2 yrs away" excuse.

For Jesse, or for our next LDS player whom leaves for a mission. Its baseless, as Tyler Haws, TJ Haws, Jimmer, Erik Mika, Nick Emery, Jackson Emery, Noah Hartsock, Kyle Collingsworth, etc etc take exception to that notion/sentiment.

Now, Jesse's shoulder issues, size, lack of strength, athleticism, and just being a friggin' freshman are all legitimate claims/excuses.

I'm not saying I don't have hope, because I do, or that he isn't performing up to expectations, but if I read another ridiculous "2 yrs away" post, I don't know...

Just not appropriate or factual, whatsoever.

Heck, TJ Haws was in the same location for the same amount of time, just to name one...

Zagceo
02-13-2018, 12:07 PM

David was 18 year old walk on as I recall. Tough comparison

raise the zag
02-13-2018, 12:36 PM

David was 18 year old walk on as I recall. Tough comparison

Stockton could do 360 degree dunks and was lighting quick too.

A rare athlete at 5'9". Stockton has played minutes in the NBA, and still one of the best D-League players around.

seacatfan
02-13-2018, 12:53 PM
I beg fellow posters to please refrain from this absolutely bogus "2 yrs away" excuse.

For Jesse, or for our next LDS player whom leaves for a mission. Its baseless, as Tyler Haws, TJ Haws, Jimmer, Erik Mika, Nick Emery, Jackson Emery, Noah Hartsock, Kyle Collingsworth, etc etc take exception to that notion/sentiment.

Now, Jesse's shoulder issues, size, lack of strength, athleticism, and just being a friggin' freshman are all legitimate claims/excuses.

I'm not saying I don't have hope, because I do, or that he isn't performing up to expectations, but if I read another ridiculous "2 yrs away" post, I don't know...

Heck, TJ Haws was in the same location for the same amount of time, just to name one...

Totally agree, that's the point I was trying to make.

caldwellzag
02-13-2018, 01:12 PM

There are some differences on the guys you named though, Tyler, Eric, Jackson, and Kyle all went on their mission after their freshman year of college. That is a huge advantage, as you already know the system in place for the program.

Jimmer never went on a mission and Nick did not complete his mission due to health issues.

Noah averaged 11 minutes a game and 2.4 points a game as a freshman and only had one good season, his senior year.

Only outlier is TJ Haws who went on a mission after high school and was pretty good as a freshman, though I don't think he was as good as he would of been coming straight from high school.

Just throwing out some facts that each of these situations is different and the closet one you named is Noah Hartsock, who's career might look more like Jesse's when comparing where they were after returning from a mission.

ZagsObserver
02-13-2018, 01:18 PM
A lot of people on the BYU board sure did think that Haws was affected by his mission last year...

Angelo Roncalli
02-13-2018, 01:36 PM

Ever hear of the fallacy of inductive reasoning?

mattydog73
02-13-2018, 01:38 PM
Jesse is a talented shooter and would likely thrive as part of a system akin to SMC. Sadly, this program recruited him then outgrew him. No matter what, he is a liability on D at this level. Great kid and great family to be a part of Zag Nation regardless.

sittingon50
02-13-2018, 01:43 PM

Pretty sure that Jimmer & Nick Emery never took missions.

And for all the "stars" that are mentioned I can assure you from regular reading of the BYU Forum that far many more wash out there & wind up either at Utah Valley, elsewhere or out of basketball all together.

soccerdud
02-13-2018, 03:12 PM

i do not get this post. as several others have pointed out, many of your examples are clearly factually flawed. now, anyone can get the facts wrong-- but is this something that you actually believe? there's no part of my previous experience as an athlete (admittedly, not quite D1 level), professional, or person that agrees with your premise here. truly, i do not understand how you, as a person, can believe what you typed here.

raise the zag
02-13-2018, 03:28 PM
i do not get this post. as several others have pointed out, many of your examples are clearly factually flawed. now, anyone can get the facts wrong-- but is this something that you actually believe? there's no part of my previous experience as an athlete (admittedly, not quite D1 level), professional, or person that agrees with your premise here. truly, i do not understand how you, as a person, can believe what you typed here.

I will say this, its not due to Jesse's 2 year mission he's at the bottom of the depth chart.

pretty sure that's the point.

U Zig, I Zag
02-13-2018, 05:33 PM
I will say this, its not due to Jesse's 2 year mission he's at the bottom of the depth chart.

And there you have it.

I hope he is able to heal up and contribute.

cjm720
02-13-2018, 05:39 PM

This. He has time to contribute....