PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day The Best Day of the Week Gonzaga vs St Mary's II

Reborn
02-10-2018, 05:42 AM
Good morning Zag fans. It's Game Day. And oh what a one today's game against St Mary's is. For me it's the game of the year so far.I was at 4:15, quite early for me. and I couldn't get back to sleep; so here I am drinking my morning coffee and thinking about the Zags and ZagNation. We are ready. Yes we are. I'm so ready for this game. Tonight we'll see what our boys can do AS A TEAM. They're going to walk into that arena, into that hostile environment, and knock out the Gaels. Our boys are ready to do just that.

I watched the last game with St Mary's last night and the Zags actually played really well accept for the last five minutes of the game. I think the team did well against both Landale and Hermanson up to that point. Then in the last five minutes we couldn't stop either of them. And more important maybe than that, is that the Zags suddenly couldn't score. The Zags shot 1-10 in the last five minutes, and took some really bad shots. Also Josh Perkins, and Silas Melson had their worst game of the year,

It's been 3 weeks since that game and it's going to be different tonight. For me the key is not stopping Landale. He's going to get his. The key is our guards making some shots. Afterall, isn't that what Zag Guards do? We can do it.

Go Zags!!!

Skimhvn
02-10-2018, 05:47 AM
great post. plz kill the gaels Rui, again!

jazzdelmar
02-10-2018, 05:49 AM
ESPN preview as a top game:

Gonzaga at Saint Mary's (10 p.m. ET, ESPN2)

With Purdue falling to Ohio State on Wednesday night, No. 11 Saint Mary's (24-2, 13-0 WCC) now has the longest winning streak in Division I at 19 games, which is a school record. The Gaels haven't lost since falling 83-81 to Georgia in overtime at the Wooden Legacy on Nov. 26.

Saint Mary's can all but wrap up a West Coast Conference regular-season title with a second win against No. 12 Gonzaga (22-4, 12-1 WCC) on Saturday night. The Bulldogs have won six straight and 12 of 13, with their only loss during that stretch coming against Saint Mary's. The Gaels overcame a nine-point deficit in the second half of a 74-71 victory at Gonzaga on Jan. 18.

The Bulldogs must do a better job defending Saint Mary's center Jock Landale, who had 26 points and 12 rebounds in the first meeting.

23dpg
02-10-2018, 08:43 AM
Good morning Zag fans. It's Game Day. And oh what a one today's game against St Mary's is. For me it's the game of the year so far.I was at 4:15, quite early for me. and I couldn't get back to sleep; so here I am drinking my morning coffee and thinking about the Zags and ZagNation. We are ready. Yes we are. I'm so ready for this game. Tonight we'll see what our boys can do AS A TEAM. They're going to walk into that arena, into that hostile environment, and knock out the Gaels. Our boys are ready to do just that.

I watched the last game with St Mary's last night and the Zags actually played really well accept for the last five minutes of the game. I think the team did well against both Landale and Hermanson up to that point. Then in the last five minutes we couldn't stop either of them. And more important maybe than that, is that the Zags suddenly couldn't score. The Zags shot 1-10 in the last five minutes, and took some really bad shots. Also Josh Perkins, and Silas Melson had their worst game of the year,

It's been 3 weeks since that game and it's going to be different tonight. For me the key is not stopping Landale. He's going to get his. The key is our guards making some shots. Afterall, isn't that what Zag Guards do? We can do it.

Go Zags!!!

Good post Reborn. I think you saw the last game exactly correct. The Zags don’t need to do anything drastically different. They just need to play 40 strong minutes. Tough task.

Zag_Dad
02-10-2018, 11:00 AM
ESPN preview as a top game:

Gonzaga at Saint Mary's (10 p.m. ET, ESPN2)

With Purdue falling to Ohio State on Wednesday night, No. 11 Saint Mary's (24-2, 13-0 WCC) now has the longest winning streak in Division I at 19 games.

Somethings gotta give tonight... Zags conference road win streak stands at 22(?) and SMC holds nations longest win streak.

Let’s go Road Warriors! Keep the crown in Spokane! Still the kings of the WCC.

GO ZAGS

TravelinZag
02-10-2018, 01:13 PM
Reborn, a fine post! I would not wager, because that is done in the head, not the heart. The Zag’s need this win more, but that’s not enough. They have to want it more to focus and play well enough to win. Of late, I believe they have the talent, but less talented Zag teams had more desire (heart) and toughness (guts). Really, really hope they’ll prove me wrong tonight, but am not convinced by what they have shown in recent games.

Go Zags! Do it for yourselves. You’ll like it!

Nevada Don
02-10-2018, 02:15 PM
Dear GU,
I follow you religiously on GUBoards.
But tonight is one of those games that come into to play when we say...I root for the ZAGS/Gaels when they are not playing each other.
Play well, stay healthy and good luck!
Regardless of the outcome, there will be a tomorrow.
Don

Reborn
02-10-2018, 03:24 PM
Reborn, a fine post! I would not wager, because that is done in the head, not the heart. The Zag’s need this win more, but that’s not enough. They have to want it more to focus and play well enough to win. Of late, I believe they have the talent, but less talented Zag teams had more desire (heart) and toughness (guts). Really, really hope they’ll prove me wrong tonight, but am not convinced by what they have shown in recent games.

Go Zags! Do it for yourselves. You’ll like it!

Yeah! You're right. I do see a lot of toughness. Hope I'm not wearing rose colored glasses. Only 3 and a half more hours. I'm pretty excited for the ball to be thrown up at mid court.

Go Zags!!!

Zag_Dad
02-10-2018, 06:48 PM
JW3 was reported to have given an interview in which he was asked how the Zags have prepared for the game tonight. He is reported to have grinned and said “We have something planned”. He refused to elaborate .... I CAN’T WAIT!

Has something happened to my clock? It seems to have turned minutes into hours while I wait for 7:00 tip off.

GO ZAGS #UnitedWeZag #ZagUp

Reborn
02-10-2018, 10:41 PM
This was indeed the best Game Day of the year. What a great day. What a great victory over St Mary's. Man! Our boys did it, and did it Big Time in Zag fashion....toughness.

I'll be smiling in bed tonight.

Go Zags!!!