PDA

View Full Version : It's Game Day The Best Day of the Week Gonzaga vs Pacific

Reborn
02-08-2018, 06:45 AM
OMG! It's Game Day already. I can hardly contain my excitement. Woke up an hour early Im so excited I couldn't get back to sleep. This is such a huge game tonight. If we lose this one, it will really hurt. I've had fun this week posting my thoughts throughout the week. It's been awhile since I've participated this much here on GUBoards. I think our team needs more support as they go forward. They're going to be having really tough games this week. I'm trying to be a good fan.

The thing I know about Pacific is that they have a great coach. Damon Stoudamire was such a great basketball player and I'm expecting him to be a very good coach. The quality of coaches in the WCC is really up, and it's one reason our conference is much better this year. I think Pacific has been a good addition to the conference, and is going to get better and better now. I look forward to this battle tonight. We better be ready because it's going to be a tough fight. Time to forget about St. Mary's.

I'm glad I'm teaching today because I'll keep my mind busy. But I guarantee you I'll be thinking about the game. I am really getting to know our team better now as I have been spending more time watching videos of their games. I really like this team, and it's getting better each game. I think they're beginning to figure out how to play with each other and the coaches.

Go Zags!!!

ZagsGoZags
02-08-2018, 07:48 AM
thanks Reborn,
this seems like the kind of game where if we win, the world will yawn ...
if we lose it will hurt like you say, and probably affect our NCAA seed

TexasZagFan
02-08-2018, 07:57 AM
OMG! It's Game Day already. I can hardly contain my excitement. Woke up an hour early Im so excited I couldn't get back to sleep. This is such a huge game tonight. If we lose this one, it will really hurt. I've had fun this week posting my thoughts throughout the week. It's been awhile since I've participated this much here on GUBoards. I think our team needs more support as they go forward. They're going to be having really tough games this week. I'm trying to be a good fan.

The thing I know about Pacific is that they have a great coach. Damon Stoudamire was such a great basketball player and I'm expecting him to be a very good coach. The quality of coaches in the WCC is really up, and it's one reason our conference is much better this year. I think Pacific has been a good addition to the conference, and is going to get better and better now. I look forward to this battle tonight. We better be ready because it's going to be a tough fight. Time to forget about St. Mary's.

I'm glad I'm teaching today because I'll keep my mind busy. But I guarantee you I'll be thinking about the game. I am really getting to know our team better now as I have been spending more time watching videos of their games. I really like this team, and it's getting better each game. I think they're beginning to figure out how to play with each other and the coaches.

Go Zags!!!

Who is this '"St. Mary's" that everyone is talking about? lol

So who are the beneficiaries of your professorial excellence? I'm looking at online history degrees...thinking about teaching history to middle/high schoolers. Classroom discipline won't be an issue, I've taught six graders for 20 years.

If there's one thing I've learned over the years, students are much more attentive (and behaved) when the teacher brings it with clarity and enthusiasm. I had a situation about a month ago, when I arrived to be told that I was the only teacher (of 6) to be there that night. Nearly 30 6 graders were crammed into one classroom.

The topic that night was agape love. While the kids were watching a short video on the topic, I recalled passages from Fr. Bob Spitzer's book, Healing the Culture. He discussed his levels of love, leading to agape love in the early portions of the book. While the video was playing, I pulled a quick internet search on Father Bob's discussion, and was ready to go.

I'm no Bob Spitzer when it comes to dynamic speaking, but I did well enough to hold their attention for over 30 minutes. I started off by telling the students there was no doubt the Holy Spirit was with us that night. How could it not be, when their teacher, a graduate of Gonzaga University, is discussing material from a book written by the former President of Gonzaga, on a night in North Texas (2000+ miles from Spokane), and I was the only teacher there that night? Pretty remarkable.

Mods, sorry for the hijack.

Focus on Pacific tonight, no one else.

TexasZagFan
02-08-2018, 08:01 AM
thanks Reborn,
this seems like the kind of game where if we win, the world will yawn ...
if we lose it will hurt like you say, and probably affect our NCAA seed

I'm really concerned, not so much for us, but for a lot of really good midmajors. My prediction remains firm that a record low for non power conferences will be set this year. Too many power schools will have one or two notches on their belts from upsets during conference, sufficient to knock out midmajors that had no opportunity to play equivalent teams.

MontanaCoyote
02-08-2018, 08:52 AM
Who is this '"St. Mary's" that everyone is talking about? lol

So who are the beneficiaries of your professorial excellence? I'm looking at online history degrees...thinking about teaching history to middle/high schoolers. Classroom discipline won't be an issue, I've taught six graders for 20 years.

If there's one thing I've learned over the years, students are much more attentive (and behaved) when the teacher brings it with clarity and enthusiasm. I had a situation about a month ago, when I arrived to be told that I was the only teacher (of 6) to be there that night. Nearly 30 6 graders were crammed into one classroom.

The topic that night was agape love. While the kids were watching a short video on the topic, I recalled passages from Fr. Bob Spitzer's book, Healing the Culture. He discussed his levels of love, leading to agape love in the early portions of the book. While the video was playing, I pulled a quick internet search on Father Bob's discussion, and was ready to go.

I'm no Bob Spitzer when it comes to dynamic speaking, but I did well enough to hold their attention for over 30 minutes. I started off by telling the students there was no doubt the Holy Spirit was with us that night. How could it not be, when their teacher, a graduate of Gonzaga University, is discussing material from a book written by the former President of Gonzaga, on a night in North Texas (2000+ miles from Spokane), and I was the only teacher there that night? Pretty remarkable.

Mods, sorry for the hijack.

Focus on Pacific tonight, no one else.

TexZagFan, The MontanaCoyote taught high school government for 30 years. Wonderful you're with the kids. Teachers are soooooo important. They rule...... with nurses! Clarity, enthusiasm and I'll add trust to enthusiasm. If the kids know you want to be there, trust in you, know that you really care about them, they will forgive your missteps and commit to you.

Don't have to be "easy" or slack on anything.

OK, "tell me something I didn't already know," but wanted you to know that I know you've got it!

You can get that next degree, but you can also just read!

See personal notification.
Best,
MC

caldwellzag
02-08-2018, 08:57 AM
Going to be a great game! I am glad I am teaching today too or I would just be watching highlights of Pacific/Gonzaga from their last match up. Go Zags!!!

SWZag
02-08-2018, 09:21 AM
I don't know why, but I really get excited for the GU - Pacific games. I know there are quite a few who weren't / aren't happy about them joining the WCC, but I was one of the excited ones. I can't wait for this game! Should be a packed Spanos Center!