Will the Zags win both games this week? Please explain your answer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

Will the Zags win both games this week? Please explain your answer.

I say yes.

I've seen that the chemistry and cohesiveness in the team has improved a lot. And I've always believed that these are things that the Zags always have by the end of the season. The coaches really know how to build these two qualities in their players. For parts of this season I did not see that, but in the last three games I have. I see that Zagness quality. The players are coming together as a unit now. It's taken time to find the right pieces and put them in the right places, but I believe the coaches have done that.

Mark Few likes a seven, and at most, an eight man rotation. He has a solid 7 man rotation, and I think he substitutes either Larsen or Jones for that 8th man. I think that both Kispert and Rui could be starters, and that says a lot about our bench, and I believe that bench play is really important in getting victories.

Gonzaga has also played well on the road this year; so I think they will be confident that they can get two victories this year. The confidence level is rising big time, and it's rising at the right time. The Zags are going to be very very hungry this week, and that hunger is going to carry them to two victories. I think St Mary's is going to be a little complacent. Like the Zags were the last time they played.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • TexasZagFan
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
    I say yes.

I've seen that the chemistry and cohesiveness in the team has improved a lot. And I've always believed that these are things that the Zags always have by the end of the season. The coaches really know how to build these two qualities in their players. For parts of this season I did not see that, but in the last three games I have. I see that Zagness quality. The players are coming together as a unit now. It's taken time to find the right pieces and put them in the right places, but I believe the coaches have done that.

Mark Few likes a seven, and at most, an eight man rotation. He has a solid 7 man rotation, and I think he substitutes either Larsen or Jones for that 8th man. I think that both Kispert and Rui could be starters, and that says a lot about our bench, and I believe that bench play is really important in getting victories.

Gonzaga has also played well on the road this year; so I think they will be confident that they can get two victories this year. The confidence level is rising big time, and it's rising at the right time. The Zags are going to be very very hungry this week, and that hunger is going to carry them to two victories. I think St Mary's is going to be a little complacent. Like the Zags were the last time they played.

Go Zags!!!
    Defeating BYU was the bridge we had to cross. I think it gives everyone a chance to catch their breath, and I expect to see a more relaxed team this week.

I don't expect Silas and Snacks to have consecutive poor shooting nights, most of the reason for my optimism. Adding to that is Corey's return to productivity (and good health).

We also need Killian to get over the flu.

I love J3 for everything he does, though I cringe every time he brings the ball upcourt.

All eyes need to be on Pacific. Damon's my choice for WCC Coach of the Year, though I bet it goes to Bennett.

Comment

• TimberZag
      Kennel Club Material
      • Jan 2013

They will. I will be at both of them.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TimberZag View Post
        You lucky dog.

Comment

• willandi
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
          Defeating BYU was the bridge we had to cross. I think it gives everyone a chance to catch their breath, and I expect to see a more relaxed team this week.

I don't expect Silas and Snacks to have consecutive poor shooting nights, most of the reason for my optimism. Adding to that is Corey's return to productivity (and good health).

We also need Killian to get over the flu.

I love J3 for everything he does, though I cringe every time he brings the ball upcourt.

All eyes need to be on Pacific. Damon's my choice for WCC Coach of the Year, though I bet it goes to Bennett.
          Unless Zags beat Gaels in Moraga!
          Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Zags11
            Banned
            • Mar 2008

Zags beats PAC. Zags lose to smc in close battle. Zags win wcc tourny.

Comment

• caldwellzag
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2018

I say yes to this, but it's not a confident yes.

Thursday night we need to beat down Pacific, as we need to rest our starters and get the bench some playing time. Pacific is shorthanded, but tough and Damon is a great coach with a bright future. The zags need to take advantage of the fact they completely out man Pacific and dominate from start to finish.

The no so confident part of the yes comes from the Saturday game. Why it's a yes is this Zags team is actually battle tested. I never thought I would say that at this point in the year, but they have had to grind out some games. Landale is going to get his points, we just need to minimize damage which we have the ability to do. I am neverous about our 3 point defense, but there is no way St. Mary's shoots 61% from 3 again. I think that Rui, J3, and Tillie will all come to play and we win by 8 plus. Now if we come out complacent then we get run out of the gym. This is the WCC title, getting a share of it is critical for seeding in March, so I think we will be up for the game.

Thursday first though!

Comment

• Bogozags
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2008

I would like GU to win its last six conference games BUT I fear that there is a real possibility that GU loses three of the next five and then face BYU in Provo, where a win gives us 2nd place...Yes, I'm a worry wort...Pacific has played really well at home, losing only to SMC by 3pts.

UOP always plays us pretty tight in Stockton and don't think this is a guaranteed win in the least...we need this win to continue building confidence for Saturday's showdown with SMC...

Comment

• zagdontzig
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2016

Originally posted by TimberZag View Post
                  Cheer loud. Zags travel, but we're so well-behaved. I traveled for the SCU game, and we had a whole lower bowl section next to the student section and everyone sat pleasantly with their arms to themselves. I snuck down and got some noise going, but what the hell? What's the point of traveling if we don't make noise? Especially when our colors will match SMC's...
                  Originally posted by Reborn
                  Go Zags!!!
                  Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                    Zag for Life
                    • May 2008

Yes they will and because I have faith they will.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                      Zag for Life
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                      I would like GU to win its last six conference games BUT I fear that there is a real possibility that GU loses three of the next five and then face BYU in Provo, where a win gives us 2nd place...Yes, I'm a worry wort...Pacific has played really well at home, losing only to SMC by 3pts.

UOP always plays us pretty tight in Stockton and don't think this is a guaranteed win in the least...we need this win to continue building confidence for Saturday's showdown with SMC...
                      GU is not losing three out the next five and I seriously doubt they lose two out of the five.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                        • Mar 2008

We will win at Pacific but my concern is the physicality of the game. If it is the typical physical game that could create issues for the saturday game.

If we avoid a knock down drag out Thursday then we will have an equal chance to win Saturday if the guards show up with their jump shot in hand
                        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• GrizZAG
                          Zag for Life
                          • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
                          We will win at Pacific but my concern is the physicality of the game. If it is the typical physical game that could create issues for the saturday game.

If we avoid a knock down drag out Thursday then we will have an equal chance to win Saturday if the guards show up with their jump shot in hand
                          It's been said "Defense wins games". True enough, but a lot more shots need to start dropping than we've seen in a while also. If so... we win
                          One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• RenoZag
                            Super Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

Good thread topic, Reborn

Answer:

No.

Explanation:

Zags have struggled to beat mediocre WCC teams (USF, USD). The BYU win wasn't blow-the-doors-off great basketball either.
                            They haven't resembled their PK80 effectiveness for weeks.
                            I think the Zags have to play their "A" game and the Gaels have to play their "B -" game for the Zags to notch a win at Moraga.
                            Also believe the Thursday UOP game will be harder on GU than the Gaels' game @ LMU will be hard on them.

Handicapping college basketball is harder than handicapping horses. . .
                            Last edited by RenoZag; 02-05-2018, 06:51 PM.
                            The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• Zagger
                              Banned
                              • Mar 2008

Yes! Cuz me drinks this ......

Comment

Working...
                              X