PDA

View Full Version : New Here -- How to Watch the Zags on TV?

caldwellzag
02-02-2018, 06:44 AM
So I am new here, but have been a life long Zag fan growing up in Clarkston! I have since moved to Caldwell, ID and am having a hard time being able to watch the Zags on TV, as ESPN 3 has them blacked out in the area. Anyone have any ideas on how to watch games that are not on ESPN or ESPN2?

Snagglezag
02-02-2018, 07:34 AM
So I am new here, but have been a life long Zag fan growing up in Clarkston! I have since moved to Caldwell, ID and am having a hard time being able to watch the Zags on TV, as ESPN 3 has them blacked out in the area. Anyone have any ideas on how to watch games that are not on ESPN or ESPN2?

Sounds like you may have Cable One. If you want to catch every Zag game, then DirecTV Choice package is the way to go. With Cable One and Root Sports in Idaho, the Jazz game supersedes Root Sports' coverage of the Gonzaga game (Idaho is designated within Root Sports Rocky Mountain in their coverage map). With DirecTV, you have a dedicated Root Sports Northwest channel which carries every Zag game outside of the ESPN network. The Choice package gives you ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, and Root Sports Northwest.

Once you are a DirecTV subscriber, you can log into whatever device you use to watch ESPN3 with your DirecTV credentials to catch the game, as well.

caldwellzag
02-02-2018, 07:56 AM
Thanks for the information. I will have to make the switch!

adoptedzag
02-02-2018, 08:20 AM

In the event that you can't find a source on terrestrial or satellite TV, there's always the streaming subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/

caldwellzag
02-02-2018, 08:23 AM
In the event that you can't find a source on terrestrial or satellite TV, there's always the streaming subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ncaaBBallStreams/

Does this streaming service cost or is it one of free ones with a million ads?

kitzbuel
02-02-2018, 09:46 AM
Have you tried looking at SlingTV? It is a streaming service that you can get over Roku or some smart TVs. You can get the ESPN channels - it does cost of course, but it more a la carte than Direct TV. You have the same ability to stream ESPN on your devices, too.

jake
02-02-2018, 10:08 AM
Does this streaming service cost or is it one of free ones with a million ads?

In my experience they have a million ads (but are free). Even with an ad-blocker, I've not had great luck with some of those streaming sites. Maybe others have.

caldwellzag
02-02-2018, 10:10 AM
In my experience they have a million ads (but are free). Even with an ad-blocker, I've not had great luck with some of those streaming sites. Maybe others have.

Yeah I haven't had much luck with the ones with ads. I am more likely to pay than think I am going to watch a game and then it not stream properly. Thanks for all the ideas.

DirectTV and Sling will get a look.