Clear All
  • MDABE80
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Sporting News Bracketology = No 7 seed

• raise the zag
    Zag for Life
    • May 2011

If we find a way to beat BYU AND SMC, both Top-50 RPI teams, it'd add 3 more Top-50 wins to our resume.

SMC has peaked. They've already played BYU and us.

GU has a higher ceiling opportunity.

St Mary's best chance is a 6 seed.

GU has potential to jump several seed lines, IF we take care of business. We must find a way to beat BYU (twice), and SMC AT MORAGA.

We still have a shot at a 4 or 5 seed...

Comment

• Zags_Fanatic
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2012

Give me that sweet 6 seed and I'll be happy.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
        Give me that sweet 6 seed and I'll be happy.
        ...or drop another couple games and get the 11 (only half in jest)...but agree, avoid the 1 or 2 to get into second weekend.

Comment

• GoZags
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
          ...or drop another couple games and get the 11 (only half in jest)...but agree, avoid the 1 or 2 to get into second weekend.
          How about the Zags enter the NCAA tournament at 30-4 (winners of 14 straight) as a 3 seed in Boise? That'd work for me.
          sigpic
          “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
          ——-
          List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
          Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• MDABE80
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

[QUOTE=GoZags;1355785]How about the Zags enter the NCAA tournament at 30-4 (winners of 14 straight) as a 3 seed in Boise? That'd work for me.[/QUOTE
            That would work for everyone GZ!

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
              How about the Zags enter the NCAA tournament at 30-4 (winners of 14 straight) as a 3 seed in Boise? That'd work for me.
              Damn straight! 40 minutes of hell with a primarily 8 man rotation is my prescription. Spot minutes can also be found for Jeremy and Jacob.

How about liberally employing the zone press, followed by zone with Jacob down low?

Comment

• ZagzKrak
                Professional Zag Fan
                • Apr 2016

I find myself not really bothered by where we will be seeded this year. When this team is on I feel like they could beat anyone in the country, but when they are off they could certainly loose to any of the other 67 teams that will be in the dance. So like every year I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best and enjoy the ride until this year is over.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagzKrak View Post
                  I find myself not really bothered by where we will be seeded this year. When this team is on I feel like they could beat anyone in the country, but when they are off they could certainly loose to any of the other 67 teams that will be in the dance. So like every year I will just cross my fingers and hope for the best and enjoy the ride until this year is over.
                  +1

Comment

• Zags11
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by ZagzKrak View Post
                    Pretty much. This year is a crap shoot.

Comment

• RenoZag
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

The Bracket Project currently pegs the Zags as a 7 seed also. . .joining GU on that seed line: Creighton, Nevada, and St. Mary's. . .only six weeks 'til Selection Sunday. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
                      X